Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? (1991 Views)

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Some People claim to see vision of heaven and hell in which they see some pastors who had dead in hell. The shocking thing is that they dnt often see pastors in heaven but only in hell. This prompted me to ask the question that if those who are dead have been taken to heaven or hell what is the purpose of the ressurection? Ur comment pls.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by lirusehn(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
who has ever bin 2 hell?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
lirusehn: who has ever bin 2 hell?
i wonder o

1 Like

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Are the dead already in heaven or hell?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by lanrexlan(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
lirusehn: who has ever bin 2 hell?
The Winchesters,you can enter hell through purgatory.There's a back door there and I can give you the coordinates if you care.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by harbiola1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ukuts gp: Some People claim to see vision of heaven and hell in which they see some pastors who had dead in hell. The shocking thing is that they dnt often see pastors in heaven but only in hell. This prompted me to ask the question that if those who are dead have been taken to heaven or hell what is the purpose of the ressurection? Ur comment pls.
Don't u have pastor?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
harbiola1: Don't u have pastor?

he does not need a Pastor, he needs Jesus.

smiley
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good question bro.

The institutionalized church and its gurus have made a complete nonsense of the resurrection by placing people in hell and heaven after they die , which means the resurrection from death is really a farce and a convenient formality.

1 Like

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by lirusehn(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
lanrexlan: The Winchesters,you can enter hell through purgatory.There's a back door there and I can give you the coordinates if you care.
u nid it d most.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by lanrexlan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
lirusehn: u nid it d most.
Lolz,I am just kidding bro.

2 Likes

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
frosbel: Good question bro.

The institutionalized church and its gurus have made a complete nonsense of the resurrection by placing people in hell and heaven after they die , which means the resurrection from death is really a farce and a convenient formality.

do u believe that Abraham, Joseph, Jeremiah, peter, paul, John and even Mary are in heaven as the catholic claimed as well as those who travel to heaven and hell as someone strolling from his or her bedroom to parlour and so on? Dnt u think it negate the teaching of 1 corinthian 15?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by khattab02: 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
lol.. Good question. Any Hot gospeller or bible thumper to address the Issue?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
harbiola1: Don't u have pastor?
dnt u hv a psychiatrist?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by lirusehn(m): 12:24am On Nov 15, 2013
lanrexlan: Lolz,I am just kidding bro.
same here. Lol
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2013
There is nobody in hell or heaven till after resurrection.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by PastorOluT(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: There is nobody in hell or heaven till after resurrection.

Dont u see that u err for you know not the scriptures nor the power of God? God is not a God of the dead but the living!

If u care to know more u can check my thread "Judgment".
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Dont u see that u err for you know not the scriptures nor the power of God? God is not a God of the dead but the living!

If u care to know more u can check my thread "Judgment".
tell me first, why the resurrection
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by PastorOluT(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: tell me first, why the resurrection

Read it first then we discussed, what's the essence of going over again which will continue to generate more questions?
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Read it first then we discussed, what's the essence of going over again which will continue to generate more questions?
just post the link here
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Physical resurrection is only for Jesus Christ and not you and I. You have to know the earth is here to stay forever, meanwhile more generations will keep coming, Women will keep giving birth to Children. Nobody will resurrect from their graves like Jesus did..

"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4).

John 11 vs 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Jesus is the resurrection, the resurrection God wants from you is spiritual ressurrection, believe in Christ although you were dead, you will be resurrected.

Besides that, All spirits goto God when they die, and i dont think God is in hell, do you think God is in hell?

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

then after that, you know after death is judgment right?

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Hebrews 9:27).

where is the judgment place? It is on earth, after death you will come back on earth to be judged.

"And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there." (Ecclesiastes 3:16).

And when you overcome, when you live a righteous life, you shall go no more out.

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. " (Revelation 3:12).

It is as simple as that, after death nobody goes to hell or whatever.

1 Like

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Daniel 12:2.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: do u believe that Abraham, Joseph, Jeremiah, peter, paul, John and even Mary are in heaven as the catholic claimed as well as those who travel to heaven and hell as someone strolling from his or her bedroom to parlour and so on? Dnt u think it negate the teaching of 1 corinthian 15?

Yes .

They are not in heaven and nobody is in hell.

All the dead are waiting till resurrection at the second coming of Jesus.

Ignore the lies of religion.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: Daniel 12:2.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt
erm, so that verse means graves will open and everybody that died will resurrect? Smh

can you explain this verse to me please?

"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose," (Matthew 27:52).

1 Like

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
1 corinthians 15:13-20.
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is christ not risen:
14. And if christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that he raised up christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16. For if the dead rise not, then is not christ raised:
17. And if christ be not raised, your faith is vain, ye are yet in your sins.
18. Then they also which are fallen asleep in christ are perished.
19. If in this life only we have hope in christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20. But now is christ risen from the dead and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1 Like

Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: 1 corinthians 15:13-20.
14. And if christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that he raised up christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
19. If in this life only we have hope in christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20. But now is christ risen from the dead and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

This is the best scripture that destroys their myth.

smiley
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: 1 corinthians 15:13-20.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: erm, so that verse means graves will open and everybody that died will resurrect? Smh
what can u pick out from this scripture? I dnt know, pls explain it.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: what can u pick out from this scripture? I dnt know, pls explain it.
i gave you a verse up there... Go and read it.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: i gave you a verse up there... Go and read it.

Your verse only proves that Jesus has risen from the dead !
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 12:20am On Nov 16, 2013
frosbel:

Your verse only proves that Jesus has risen from the dead !
"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." (Matthew 27:52-53). erm, this verse did the saints arise from the grave physically or what?. Am here to learn oo.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." (Matthew 27:52-53). erm, this verse did the saints arise from the grave physically or what?. Am here to learn oo.

It is not mentioned in any of the other gospels or epistles, if it was such a huge event I am sure it would have been corroborated all over the new testament.

The general feel is that it is bogus.
Re: If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 12:41am On Nov 16, 2013
frosbel:

It is not mentioned in any of the other gospels or epistles, if it was such a huge event I am sure it would have been corroborated all over the new testament.

The general feel is that it is bogus.

so you mean that verse was added?, so Should we be ignoring some scriptures?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? / 10 Most Handsome Pastors 2016 In Nigeria / God Is Not Sangiri Lagiri, It’s An Attribute Of Sango

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.