Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,533 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? (879 Views)

Dangote Appoint Daughter As Head Of Tiger Brands Formely Dangote Flour Mills(pic / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist / Diaper Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by honeyguy(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2013
Hi everyone
Am just working on introducing my own brand of diaper into the market which of course will be a totally new brand. I will like to know what Nlanders think about the idea in terms of profitability and competition with the known brands.

All suggestions and contributions welcomed
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Apart from the name, what will be unique enough about this brand to make people switch from the imported ones?
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by honeyguy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
well it will be imported too but just good quality and different name and design
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
So basically, there's nothing unique about it? Not even price? What would make people leave the tested and trusted brands to buy yours?
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by honeyguy(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
of course as an economist i know i have to bring the price down in order to attract buyers..so my price will be less than the leading brands in the market couple with the fact that my brand will be a better quality than most brands in the market right now
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by honeyguy(m): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
more contributions pls
Re: New Diaper Brand - Can I compete with existing brands in Nigeria? by omogidi234(m): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hullo,

I feel that "Hgggiess"( I have to write it that way so that all these people banning would not ban me for advert) is still the best brand in diaper business. My one and half year old son would always have rashes when I use other diapers ( when I am broke).

Two things to do, take a sample of that brand to your manufacturer in Turkey or China, let them disect it.
Make yours to rate above that brand and also sell a little below. I don't know if this is possible but if it is I will be among the first buyers of your brand.

Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Virgin Business Ideas To Profit From / One Crazy Idea But Sure Money / Some Cool Jobs A Girl Can Do While In School (the University)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.