Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238375 members, 1650710 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 April 2014 at 03:49 AM

Starting A Plantain Farm - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Plantain Farm (6214 Views)

Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam / Steps To Starting A Private School And Increasing Your Private School's Success / Fish Farm Business Proposal (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by olushollys: 3:04am On Jan 26
PapaBrowne:
There is a wonderful material I have for Plantain farming with complete directions inclusive of full drawings and diagrams. Its a 24 page booklet that every plantain farmer must have. Its written by PRO-AGRO. I obtained it free.If you need it you get it free. Just request and I'll email it to you.
As many people as can get into farming should be encouraged to do so. In the attachment is a picture of the booklet.

Kindly send to olushollys@yahoo.com. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Lakeside247(m): 7:36am On Jan 26
Pls send to adeola7070@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by ngezeck: 7:49am On Jan 26
My email is ngezeck@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by jackson44(m): 10:45am On Jan 26
PapaBrowne: Plantain Production is very lucrative. On a hectare of land, you can plant approx 2000 suckers. These suckers should be allowed to have families of maximum 3-4 plants. So on average, your one hectare can produce you 2000 suckers X 3 shoots= 6000 plants. If you have a hybrid these plants can produce very huge Plantain bunches. Some producing 2 and others one. Assuming an average of 1.5 bunches per plant, you can comfortably collect roundly about 9000- 10000 bunches per hectare. Now thats big, if you consider that if you sell a bunch whole sale for 500 Naira that would fetch you about 5 million Naira per hectare.

But wait. What if you add value. Trust me you'll make even 3 times that amount. So for instance rather than selling your plantain wholesale, why not consider making high quality plantain chips. Or Plantain Flour. Or plantain biscuits. There's a good number of ways to add value to plantain. You can easily earn five times your income if you choose to tweak the value chain a bit.

I always say, Agriculture is big business with lots of money to be made from it. The trick is to

1)Equip yourself with as much information as possible.
2)Connect with other farmers and form some kind of cooperative.
3) Practice farming based on international standards- Use hybrid seedlings and follow best farm management practices.
4)Add value to your product.
5) Smile immensely to the bank.

I will be much glad to receive the E-book via my mail,kindly send to Jackson44ink@yahoo.com
There is a wonderful material I have for Plantain farming with complete directions inclusive of full drawings and diagrams. Its a 24 page booklet that every plantain farmer must have. Its written by PRO-AGRO. I obtained it free.If you need it you get it free. Just request and I'll email it to you.
As many people as can get into farming should be encouraged to do so. In the attachment is a picture of the booklet.

Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by jackson44(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
PapaBrowne: Plantain Production is very lucrative. On a hectare of land, you can plant approx 2000 suckers. These suckers should be allowed to have families of maximum 3-4 plants. So on average, your one hectare can produce you 2000 suckers X 3 shoots= 6000 plants. If you have a hybrid these plants can produce very huge Plantain bunches. Some producing 2 and others one. Assuming an average of 1.5 bunches per plant, you can comfortably collect roundly about 9000- 10000 bunches per hectare. Now thats big, if you consider that if you sell a bunch whole sale for 500 Naira that would fetch you about 5 million Naira per hectare.

But wait. What if you add value. Trust me you'll make even 3 times that amount. So for instance rather than selling your plantain wholesale, why not consider making high quality plantain chips. Or Plantain Flour. Or plantain biscuits. There's a good number of ways to add value to plantain. You can easily earn five times your income if you choose to tweak the value chain a bit.

I always say, Agriculture is big business with lots of money to be made from it. The trick is to

3) Practice farming based on international standards- Use hybrid seedlings and follow best farm management practices.

please kindly send τ̲̅ȍ jackson44ink@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by walezy14: 2:22pm On Jan 27
I really commend you for this life changing plantain plantation farming. I have reading the text step by step and i was fascinated and i'm very interested in the business. Please kindly send the book to my email: olawalejohn22@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by henrimoto(m): 5:41pm On Jan 27
@papabrown. good day sir. pls. sir, help me with the e-book. here is my mail add. henrimoto@yahoo.com thank you.
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Mattin(m): 9:02pm On Jan 27
I have been looking for a proposal/ plan for plantain farming. please send also to: bolumattew@rocketmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Juliana7: 2:04am On Jan 28
@papabrowne, pls i'm interested in the ebook my email is eobeli@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Vera2cc: 5:33am On Jan 28
Dear Papabrowne. Kindly send to nkemobike@yahoo.com. Thank you and Godbless
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by anukunle: 6:00am On Jan 28
@papabrowne. I'm interested in the ebook, my email is adekunleaderibigbe@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Emma Ajayi(m): 8:49am On Jan 28

@Papa Browne, kindly forward the e-book to my e-mail - aj200301@gmail.com. God bless
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by The.Man: 6:51pm On Jan 28
Pls I need the material too. Aleexomo@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by wealthinfos(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28
You can try practical Snail Farming. We have simplified the process. See details here: www.snailfarmingng.blogspot.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by wealthinfos(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28
You can try Practical Heliculture (Snail Farming). We have simplified the process. See details here: www.snailfarmingng.blogspot.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Masterplanner(m): 1:19pm On Jan 29
@Papabrowne please send it to me too my mail is dmastermarketer@gmail.com thanks
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by hunda: 3:29pm On Jan 29
my email address is uzzygbaracks@gmai.com will appreciate the manual
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by FarmTech(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29
[quote author=jackson44][/quote] is the plantain ebook the same as this one: http://publications.cta.int/media/publications/downloads/1655_PDF_1.pdf
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by namdee(m): 12:55pm On Jan 30
@papabrowne Please send the manual to innamdee@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by boluwajokosegun: 2:34pm On Jan 30
@Papa Browne, kindly forward the e-book to my e-mail, eesteeresources@gmail.com. God bless
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by okpara ugo: 3:06pm On Jan 30
C'noteuchay:
am into plantain and banana plantation i can get u a high yield cameroun suckers @ an affordable rate inbox me lloydcnote@gmail.com

I have two high yeild varieties but they take longer to produce. What banana's miss in their yeild volume they gain in fast growth.

Infact, i prefer my fast growing variety to the high yeilding ones because of time saved...
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by okpara ugo: 5:10pm On Jan 30

send me the materials to okparaugochukwu@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by stanley99a(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30
please Send the ebook to, igbinoba4u@gmail.com
A special thanks to the Op of this tread. I have been waiting for this kind of information. Venturing into plantain farming has been my desire, but how to go about it was the issue. Please is there any one that resides in edo state and he is into plantain farming so i can acquire practica knowledge. If any please drop ur contact or better send me an email. igbinoba4u@gmail.com.
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by baminasri(m): 11:21pm On Jan 30
@papabrowne, my mail is bamdex007@gmail.com.. God bless u as u send d ebook.
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by baminasri(m): 11:22pm On Jan 30
@papabrowne, my mail is bamdex007@gmail.com. God bless u as u do so.
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by feeky22: 7:16am On Jan 31
@papabrowne, am interested in the material too, this is my e mail, taofeekyinusa@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by Ayoolanairaland: 8:40am On Jan 31
am interested in the material too, this is my e mail simeonayoola1@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by BluePearls(m): 11:57am On Jan 31
please kindly send the e-book to spleetwarts@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by FarmTech(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31
FarmTech: is the plantain ebook the same as this one: http://publications.cta.int/media/publications/downloads/1655_PDF_1.pdf
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by rammytt(m): 8:05am On Feb 01
stanley99a: please Send the ebook to, igbinoba4u@gmail.com
A special thanks to the Op of this tread. I have been waiting for this kind of information. Venturing into plantain farming has been my desire, but how to go about it was the issue. Please is there any one that resides in edo state and he is into plantain farming so i can acquire practica knowledge. If any please drop ur contact or better send me an email. igbinoba4u@gmail.com.

yep.my small farm is in Auchi.I stay and school in Uniben.i'm new in d plantain business too....suleytt@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by jta2012(m): 3:26pm On Feb 01
Thanks Emma,for you to successfully operate a plantain farm in Nigeria or any other part of the world ,u need money,the right environment,arable land ,security and sufficient supply of water .
U also need improved suckers that can produce in a year with disease resistant ability too
In addition to all these , u need basic information on plantain farming to guide u as a beginner in the business.
This we have done at jtaconsulting in form of an e-book which guide beginners in the biz ,what we have done is to conduct
research on Plantain farming and come up with a book to assist our teeming army of unemployed Youths who can become not
only comfortable but also employers of labours owning and running a plantain farm of at least ( 1 ) plot and later migrate to ( 1 ) acre ( 6 plots ) and above.
pls call 08184932156 for further enquiry.

Thanks and i wish u success in advance.
jtaconsulting
Lagos.
Re: Starting A Plantain Farm by egopersonified(f): 9:28pm On Feb 01
@papabrowne, pls help send the manual to naomills04@yahoo.com

1 Like

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister / Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? / For Uba Afri Card Users Only

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.