Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies (31942 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by ddippset(m): 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
It is only in nollywood that a girl who is alone in the room cannot change her clothes without using a towel or a wrapper to block her unclothedness as if someone is there with her. Well people are actually there with her, camera man and us watching.

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by houstonia(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
fruityjojo: Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew! 80percent of wat d op wrote are pure,bloody LIES! Writting rubbish just cos ur looking 4 cheap likes!

You're right, with proof he should have made a better topic.

I can't believe critical lies make front page, real talk still hustles to make fp

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by victorlexa(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Iceman296: Some of the Title Given to these Nollywood Movies are Just Ridiculous But Inpite of all these Anomalies, We are still the Third Movie Producers in the World.
in quantity bt nt quality
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
litetias: Nollywood movies insult my intelligence, so poor. I'd rather watch Yoruba movies than Nollywood movies even though am not Yoruba. I guess the Ibo executive producers that have taken over the industry don't know or care about quality. I am nostalgic for the days of the Ejiro brothers, Amatas, Teco Benson, infact the Ibos destroyed Nollywood.
I know that very soon i*d*iots like you will tribalize this tread, what has ibos got to do with this tread, and whose begging you to watch nollywood, if you don't like any movie from nollywood go produce your own or stick to your hollywood movies!
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by houstonia(m): 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
elari: .. . . my friend, go and watch my heart beats for lola on telemundo channel 118 on dstv and u would agree that ghost are capable of doing things u neva imagined.

If person thief my dstv I go blame you.
Why ask person wey no get Oyinbo film experience to go watch lola?

I bet he has no idea what you're saying
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by philfearon(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nollywood Dey try shaa......Movies like "Slave" "Scout" "Moving train" "love boat" "witches" "Aguba" ",etc,are all classics! ..But that Was
far back in the days shaa....
Now,Nollywood is proliferated...Imagine the way films goes this days:
"Mr Obi 1&2" "The Return of Mr Obi 1&2", "The End of Mr Obi 1&2", "The Final End of Mr Obi 1&2"....and You will think it is finally over,then they will add a silly spinoff,"Mr and Mrs Obi 1&2" ,and on and on it goes !! I tire!

3 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by nairacodedcom(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
Funnywood. I must however commend some directors who are improving Nollywood these days.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by oluwaisaac(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Janiwili: Even in all diz d are still trying. Let try 2also see dia gud side 2
It's people like you who encourage this insanity called Nollywood.
Watch One Tree Hill for a start, I hope your brain can comprehend such!
Village girl!
Village girl!
Village girl!

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by alajor(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
D one wey dey vex me pass na when dem go shoot a car scene close up,as d car dey u go c camera man for the cars glass.imagine. Sometime u go c dat microphone for ur tv. I was watching a movie set in the sixties and for background u go dey hear generator sound. In "Green Snake" I heard the director telling osita iheme to shout just before he started shouting. Another one na when camera go dey follow one convoy for 15/20 minutes for nothing then the next thing na watch out for part 2
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by LadyCaty(f): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Elxandre: even ghost dey flashback sef!

lyk seriouxly grin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by DJMONACO(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
nollywood na wowo.only watch it to pass time or to laff.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by abbey2812(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
His wife might be in malaysia while he himself is in naija..like 7 hours difference. Lol
Maximus85: Funsho Adeolu was angry while calling his wife on the fone "this is 10pm and Ure not back home" when the wife was shown receiving the call....the sky was bright. something around 2pm
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by RedCard1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nollywood is a complete and healthy joke. The worst is the hideous costume always worn by the members of the Royal Household, the crown never leaves the king's head and the prince or princess must fall in love with a village pauper. Where that one dey happen for Naija? Not to even forget their rediculous titles and annoying posters. I tire.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Sike(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
sCun: Arm chair critics will soon take over the thread. Nollywood actors, producers and directors have made our movie industry one of the best and most followed in Africa, what have you fools done for Nigeria?
Lobatan!
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Dominionng(m): 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
philfearon: Nollywood Dey try shaa......Movies like "Slave" "Scout" "Moving train" "love boat" "witches" "Aguba" ",etc,are all classics! ..But that Was
far back in the days shaa....
Now,Nollywood is proliferated...Imagine the way films goes this days:
"Mr Obi 1&2" "The Return of Mr Obi 1&2", "The End of Mr Obi 1&2", "The Final End of Mr Obi 1&2"....and You will think it is finally over,then they will add a silly spinoff,"Mr and Mrs Obi 1&2" ,and on and on it goes !! I tire!

*rolling to bostwana* laughing ma a$$ off cheesy cheesy
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Dominionng(m): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
geeworld1:
Its the ppl that sub title the films that give yoruba films a bad image

Na Politicians dey subtitle the movies ni? Ain't they from same industry?

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by lyly911(f): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
deltakitchen: grin NO CREATIVE DIRECTORS.
dont say dat...Tchidi Chikere is very gud
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
the one wey dey vex me pass na when the husband sends the wife packing, she already comes out with her luggages like say she don prepare am b4. Nonsense
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Kingauthur: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
It always baffles me when people becomes aggressive and insulting because of difference in opinion. Is someone no more entitle to his/her opinion? Must every one always agree with you?
In this case you are right Nollywood is backward, nonsense, rubbish, local, name it but some of us still enjoy and like it the way it is. Thank you.
What is the basis for comparison between an industry of 20 years and that of over 100 years? I beg anytime you want to compare always remember to put that gap of over 100 years.
Even at that some of us still appreciate them

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by cnsprince(m): 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
Passengers of a car are shot dead while nothing happens to d rolled-up windscreens.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by kommiejewel(f): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
A person dying wit low-cut nd d ghost comin back wit Afro, na wa o
Tonto Dike as a village girl wit long red nails, na so
An angel wearin a wrist-watch, d watch dy tell wen Jesus dy come?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Adams7421: 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Maximus85: Funsho Adeolu was angry while calling his wife on the fone "this is 10pm and Ure not back home" when the wife was shown receiving the call....the sky was bright. something around 2pm
na different time Zones o!
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by smiley1985(f): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Arcsniper: Maybe u didnt reasoned well about yoruba visiting baba(babalawo) in movies,
yoruba isn't a Christian or a Muslim culture.

And thats what d main culture is about not pastor or imam

You must be on very cheap drugs
So yorubas resemble idol worshippers?
You don fall ursef hand.

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
sCun: Arm chair critics will soon take over the thread. Nollywood actors, producers and directors have made our movie industry one of the best and most followed in Africa, what have you fools done for Nigeria?
ewu awusa
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by ogbronx(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
don_salvy: A guy shoots himself 3 times in d head ( awon werey)
abeg no kill us with laf here. maybe his skull is bullet resistant?

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by drestoneokuta(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nollywood as tot me since childhood to always keep the door locked when cheating smiley smiley smiley
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by ogbronx(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
your mumu carry weight

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Some guys & babes on nairaland are quite funny... Do u think criticizing nollywood is what makes u look more matured? Some of us actually enjoy most nolly movies, even with all the so called 'crap' - and i most solemnly assure u, we're not iliterates... If u're really as intelligent as u try to claim you are, u'll also see that the hollywood u abandon ur own for (just to 'belong') also has lots & lots of flaws - for example, haven't you noticed in Steven Seagel's movies, he hardly dodges bullets yet even as big as he is no bullet touches him during a gun fight? Or in those films where people twist & turn in between laser beams without getting chopped into pieces?
Each movie industry has its own flaws & there's plenty of room for improvement - but please don't think because u don't enjoy nolly movies, it makes sort of intellectually superior to those who do!

4 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by optimism91(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
I go by no5, but aside Mercy, they wear strong make up and fixing of eyelash in the said 70s instead of looking natural. The actors and actress are trying, but I think some of these minor faults are errors from the Producers,Directors etc Which makes it more antisappointment while watching some the movies.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by yulaw: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
See this one

3 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by penny01502: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio: grin grin grin

Dead movie industry!
quiet......EWU
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by tosine25: 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
don_salvy: A guy shoots himself 3 times in d head ( awon werey)

grin grin guy u ton vex o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ozo Begs Nengi After Picking Dora As Deputy Head Of House / Saskay Evicted From The Big Brother House / Christy O Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.