Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? (23486 Views)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / New Fraud In Town! Samarium Care. Please Beware Of These Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by tokunbobo(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2010
By making sure all Nigerians are self employed and financially independent!
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by tpia1: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
190:

well as 4 me mak i make my money either through legit or even fraud

na today?
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by tpia1: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2010
190:

how wic una papa and mama open company 4 these yahoo boys e 4 gud, cos una manage secure 1 job 4 somewher una dey vibarate fraud is bad, talkin abt upbringin are u tryin 2 say that obasanjo mama and papa nor bring am up well,anyway i knw say most of una wen dey shout say fraud is bad na una really dey inside d tin,afterall no body agrees hes corrupt,they should legalise fraud 4 a day afterwic from the next day exterminate any fraudsters they find dat way every1 go dey happy, but com 2 tink of it, this fraud of a tin don save LIVES within 9ja o, i no lie

indeed.

right out of the fraudster's mouth.

are you still practicing your fraud now since it got you a UK visa?
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
What the poster is saying is like taking a towel to dry up yourself while you are under the rain, i think the best thing is to use an umbrella. I mean we are not supposed to fight crime, we have to fight the cause of crime which is Unemployment, Good education and infrastructure let there be a conducive environment for Nigerians.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by hackney(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
To effectively eradicate fraud in nigeria, all the nigerians have to leave nigeria.
Since that's not possible, i guess nigeria can aim to have everybody defraud everybody.
that way it will even out.
monkeys.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Stocker123(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
YOU GUYS CANNOT HELP IT, IT MUST BE IN YOUR BLOOD

Please correct me if I am wrong. I have had many Nigerian friends over the years, and I only met one who was a honest man. Not because it was his personality, just because he was too scared of GOD. He was one of those born again christians

Anyways back to my story,

I am american (white) but I live in Europe. I have had 2 very close (many years) Nigerian friends who both fuked me.

I gave one of your BROTHERS the chance of a lifetime to do a car export thing from the EU. Everything went fine the first 2 times. Now the stories have started, in the end, he ran with 20,000usd of my hard earned money. He might think everything is fine but I am in contact with a very good lawyer in Lagos and I will find of where he lives since I have all of his real information. I will sue him in Nigerian court. I know i will probably not get my money back, but I will be happy knowing that his family will suffer for the rest of their lives. I will make him go to court every week if I must. Money is of no problem on my side. He will soon find out that 20,000 will not last forever. I hope his wife, mother, children, and grandchildren have to suffer.

I will also do everything in my power to get his Shengen Visa revoked. He is a convicted drug smuggler in Switzerland but his Visa country (greece) does not know about it. I will even have lawyers send all of his info to INTERPOL so they can keep an eye on him.

If any of you know some badboys that want to get paid to do some work, let me know. HAHA but no money up front, to Nigeria. Just when the job is done.

This should be a lesson to any scammer motherfukers on this board. Not all white boys are pussies like you think. You can do these thing and run home, but I guarantee if I got my hands on him, he would never see his kids again, or mayb i'll send him home as a cripple.

YOU people should be ashamed of BROTHERS like this. THIS IS THE REASON YOU WILL ALWAYS BE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS. NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING BLACK. JUST BEING NIGERIAN IS ENOUGH.

omerta60 (at) hotmail. com
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Stocker123(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
No answers?

Is scamming or fraud not a part of Nigerian culture? Where and how did it start? I believe it makes up a pig piece of your GDP. Isn't that a joke,

I know a lot of 419 bastards are trying to "get back at the white man"

But do you know that if you want to achieve something than you have to work hard at it. Black or White.

So why are Nigerians so silly to think that they are achieving something by OBT? all your are doing is making your nation look like a joke.

Shame on you NIGERIA
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Stocker123(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
People like 190 and all these wannabe THUGS will probably never realize that they are NOTHING in Nigeria and definitely nothing in the western world. Their life will always be a struggle, always. And they will complain and beg for help when the truth is that they are just to lazy to put ina honest days work.

So I would like to expose and put pressure on the man's family that scammed me? WHat is the best way to hurt someone in Nigeria. I'm sure a 500usd tip would get the police or someone else to kick his behind. What else can I do?
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by flexxydan: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2011
New year promo snd bulksms 1000 units @3k, snd ova 1k fone nums oda services available call 08059213549,ping 254F057E,kindly forward,buz only!
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by yommyuk: 1:02am On Jan 11, 2011
@stocker123

If you really want your money, come to nigeria, link up with some airforce/army boys, fwd the 's address to them. Even if he has spent the money at least you will find some satisfaction seeing him taught a good lesson he will never forget in his life. WORD cool

r u on facebook or  just create a temporary yahoo id.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2011
@stocker123. . . Sorry about being ripped by one of our brodas but i think you need to take a chill pill when it comes to mudslinging. I was surfing d net via phone and just couldn't stomach the crap you're spewing on all Nigerians. It is true that a great percentage of us have streaks of dishonesty. . .if you spend a month in Nigeria, you'll understand why. It's a herculean task for genuinely honest ppl to do business here when every potential client has one or two ideas of short changing you. I won't bother explaining our govt's major fault in this but i can tell you this : NOTHING WORKS in our country, so it's everyman 4 himself. There is NO such thing as a lazy Nigerian. Do you think our are happy trafficking drugs and engaging in fraud if they had better alternatives? Our country is the 2nd largest exporter of oil and yet the greater percentage of its ppl live far below d poverty line. Russian,Ukraine and Romania commit have more advanced and treacherous internet crimes ranging from hacking ppls bank accounts to attacking and stealing sensitive data from govt servers. Do u anyone scandalizing the whole country because of dat? NO! ! ! But our useless Nuhu Ribadu will go on BBC and CNN to label his entire citizenry as fraudsters. If our resources where rightly channeled,we would be bigger than Dubai and no right thinking Nigerian would lose his pride travelling to a white man's land. I dont blame ppl like 4 having d effrontery to insult our ppl. Its our govt dat sold us cheap.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2011
@Topic. . . To cut a tree permanently, you must sever the root. Anything short of that is temporary band aid. What examples are our youths (d leaders of tomorrow) learning when they see these our old time rulers having billions of dollars in accounts all over the world or our senators/lawmakers who spend all their tenure fighting for more pay/bonuses excluding shameful tales of bribery/corruption in the senate house or the jobless man who suddenly became L.G.A chairman and within a year,he has villas/mansions in lagos,abj,ph,UK,US,EU and dubai (excluding the SLS AMG mercedes, maserati quattro and of course the rolls royce). How about our leader who give contract bids to their wives,mistresses,relatives,friends and even children. These people dip their hands without fear into part of the funds and sub the contract to a third party. No wonder our roads remain death traps. The 18yr old boy scamming ppl for a few hundred dollars is not d cause of our problems. Those at the helm of affairs are the culprits. Most fraud in the US is commited by its citizens but i don't hear anybody labelling americans as credit card thieves. Na we dey spoil ourselves 4 dis kwantry. We know what 2 do but we are too chicken to take the bull by the horns hence all we do is pray to a non existent god while our leaders wire billions to the cayman islands on a daily basis.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by harakiri(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2011
colly227:

What the poster is saying is like taking a towel to dry up yourself while you are under the rain, i think the best thing is to use an umbrella. I mean we are not supposed to fight crime, we have to fight the cause of crime which is Unemployment, Good education and infrastructure let there be a conducive environment for Nigerians.

The bolded part says it all.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by bigdoo: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
Only when we start questioning, arresting and imprisoning or even killing all past and present leaders, looters and their associates who we know did not have much before their connections with government, can we be said to be serious about combating fraud in Nigeria.  As long as we continue to let our economy destroyers and looters go about freely and even boast about their properties as if they truly worked for their so called acquisitions, as long as these people are hailed and even worshipped in our society, as long as these people continue to act as our role models, then fraud, corruption and ill-gotten wealth will continue to be endemic in Nigeria and development will continue to elude us.  So long shall we continue to be mocked and ridiculed all over the world and so long shall our shameless state of affairs continue to haunt and shame some of us who abhor the deplorable state of the nation.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by spycam: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
I strongly believe that Nigerians need serious orientation towards success. Our society has so deteriorated that majority of the people (both young and old) wish to make money by all means.

Sanitization of the Nigerian society should start from our leaders and elders. We want a Nigeria where everyone could proudly showcase their handwork. Where everyone would proudly say to his neighbor…this is my source of income. Not a Nigeria where leaders siphon public money for their selfish interest. That is fraud.

When you steal public money for your selfish interest, you are committing fraud.

Let’s stop calling on government…our government officials are the kings of fraud. So how can a kingdom rise against itself? We know what is happening in our police and other public offices. How then can we bekon on a criminal to fight against crime.

Combating crime should start from our families. Parents should not celebrate their children just because they have made money. The source of income of our children should be known by the parent.

Parents, youths and others in the society should stop celebrating criminal politicians and leaders. Let everyone treat them like criminals that they are. That will make the office unattractive for future criminals.

Finally, I would want to say that the day Nigerian government sign into law, a serious penalty for corrupt leaders, is the day we will celebrate a new Nigeria.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Echtim(m): 3:37am On Mar 08, 2011
Fraud in nigeria can be combated if only the security system is improved and reinforced.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by tara2: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2011
l do agree with someone here: If you know who your citizens are, you will definitely know who is commiting fraud crimes.
No verifiable ID & licenses
NO verifiable Registration systems> STOP a driver on the road, they only look at paper documents.
No ID & DL track system,
NO GPS Technology
IP Tracking does minimal good.
NO Crime Statisticicians.
Nothing, Nothing, nothing.

All they have is passport & DL that is not trackable,
They are not ready, its a simple thing to solve.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 29, 2011
190:

how wic una papa and mama open company 4 these yahoo boys e 4 gud, cos una manage secure 1 job 4 somewher una dey vibarate fraud is bad, talkin abt upbringin are u tryin 2 say that obasanjo mama and papa nor bring am up well,anyway i knw say most of una wen dey shout say fraud is bad na una really dey inside d tin,afterall no body agrees hes corrupt,they should legalise fraud 4 a day afterwic from the next day exterminate any fraudsters they find dat way every1 go dey happy, but com 2 tink of it, this fraud of a tin don save LIVES within 9ja o, i no lie

you should know fraud.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Gbenge77(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
'none but ourselves can free our mind'
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Rudrapriya(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2011
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by monopolist: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
Let every single transaction on-line and off-line include photos, biometrics (Finger Print) and guarantors.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by olaidealim(m): 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2011
Yes,Free and fear illection is okay.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by joseph1013: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2011
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by kyngtut: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2011
I really and truely appreciate this forum. I am a Nigerian based in the united states and this issue has been something I lived with for a long time. It's hard to say you are Nigerian here in the states as people automatically associate you with fraud. I disagree with the gentleman's post above that says Fraud cannot be stopped/cured in Nigeria. I believe it can and it starts from us as individuals and fellow citizens to come together and start an independent program to battle this issue. it starts from us the citizens to put our heads together and come with gradual and smart solutions and approach to tackle this AIDs of a monster because the government cannot help us we have to help ourselves.

I personally came up with a system to combat or help prevent our youths from falling into the scam/fraud or yahoo/yahoozy ways. Its simple really, our kids/youths are oppressed, have no jobs, not educated, and hungry and cannot feed their families thus they fall into crime. If we can create a smart venture as an alternative for our youths to invest their time, this would curb our problems and lower fraud and 419 in lots of ways. Join me in spreading the word about the BUZZ SYSTEM to our youths so they have a place to divert their energy to earn income and provide for their families and become responsible adults. Email me temiamosu@gmail.com
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by abiolapaul: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
From the stable of OuterEDGE Solutions comes this great and transforming seminar “Project CEO”. This is a great project that aims at training and supporting people especially graduates with a vision and passion to own their own businesses and companies instead of waiting for white collar jobs. Its aims at helping people achieve their actual plan and purpose for their existence which lines around their passion. It is basically for those who aim at becoming entrepreneurs and CEO’s

Why do you have to wait when others are achieving great success? Why complain about the situation of this country when you have not taken a step to change it? Why must you wait for that job when you can create job for others………………

Discover more of your hidden treasures and most importantly unlock that treasure and be the success that we see in you. Only you can prove that

Attend “ProjectCEO” training last Saturday of this month(April Training: 30th of April, 2011)
Seminar fee: 2500 naira only Time: 11am-4pm
Special Bonuses:
• Business plan Template worth about #5000
• Audio books worth about #10,000
• Free business counseling and advisory
• Games and brain storming session
• Networking and interactions
• Questions and answers session
• Refreshments
Don’t miss this Opportunity, It is Rare and Golden.
For seat reservations, send a text in this format (project CEO/ name/location/ phone number/ e mail address) to 07064729072, 08030703064. NOW!
or CALL NOW.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE WORLD AWAITS YOUR MANIFESTATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. / 7 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Bank Charges / Aroms Aigbehi: I Came to Invest In Edo, Now They Want to Kill My Wife & Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.