Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,775 members, 7,827,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

"Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." (836 Views)

Ye Who Follow Man Who Raided Caravans, Can't Blame Man Who Blew Up Train. / Why Are We Captivated By Nature's Beauty? / Our Ultimate Purpose And God's Nature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, droughts, and earthquakes kill tens of thousands of people each year. Multitudes endure crippling diseases, endless suffering, and unspeakable pain. Many non-Christians credit a heartless Mother Nature for giving us all this grief. They fail to consider that "Mother Nature" has a Senior Partner—Father God.

However, if God is responsible for all this heartache, that presents an interesting dilemma. If God is an "all-loving" Father figure, as we are told, we seem to have three choices: 1) God blew it when He made everything (He’s creative but incompetent); 2) God is a tyrant, who gets His kicks from seeing kids die of leukemia; 3) something between God and man is radically wrong.

These are our choices...and those who take time to consider the evidence will lean toward number three. Something between man and God is radically wrong, and the Bible tells us what it is. There is a war going on. We are told that mankind is an enemy of God in his mind through wicked works (see Colossians 1:21). That's not too hard to see. Man is continually committing violent acts such as murder and rape, lying, stealing, etc., as the daily news confirms. He uses God's name as a curse word, while Mother Nature gets the glory for His creation—unless there’s a horrible disaster; then man calls that "an act of God."

An applicable acronym for WAR is We Are Right. Any country going to war does so because it has the conviction that it is in the right. However, a quick look at God's Law shows us who is right and who is wrong. We, not God, are the guilty party. If we want His blessing back on our nation and in our lives, we must make peace with Him, and that is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ.

"For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22) The Evidence Bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by Joshthefirst(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
Another edifying and thought provoking message. It always baffles me when people will blame evil on God and blame creative and awe-inspiring beauty on non-directed randomness. Actual and bold stupidity if you ask me. Foolishness.

Why would they use the name of a God they claim not to exist as a curse word, why would they call Jesus to express disgust?

The names ofPeople who have commited terrible crimes like hitler are not even used to express disgust.
It is only Jesus' name they know, jesus who went about healing and died for our sins.

Humanity are truly enemies of God in their mind through wicked works.
And it is only when a man understands the terrible predicament and danger he's in as a result of breaking Gods law repeatedly and boldly that he'll look for the saviour; Christ Jesus

Thanks Ola.

3 Likes

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by PastorOluT(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Good one again pastor ola, u surely are one of the few people I respect on NL. Holding on to ur believes/truth despite all.

Keep up the good work bro.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

2 Likes

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2013
I wonder how the brains of some people are wired that such illogical nonsense makes sense to them.

1 Like

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I wonder how the brains of some people are wired that such illogical nonsense makes sense to them.

I tire. MAN's sin causes floods and disasters. Amazing....
Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

I tire. MAN's sin causes floods and disasters. Amazing....

Nawa o.
Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I wonder how the brains of some people are wired that such illogical nonsense makes sense to them.

This is the reason why: \/ \/ \/

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Did human action bring about the climate changes we see today?

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OilSubsidy: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
3) something between God and man is radically wrong.

If this is the answer to all the problems, What is God waiting for then? No be him be Oga @ the top? Who is man to challenge him? let him do something I beg?

If he want to destroy the world let him do so sharp sharp.

Is like he enjoys all this ugly events in this world. I think he does enjoy it!

By the way: Religion in Nigeria is a natural disaster
Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by PastorOluT(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
OilSubsidy: 3) something between God and man is radically wrong.

If this is the answer to all the problems, What is God waiting for then? No be him be Oga @ the top? Who is man to challenge him? let him do something I beg?

If he want to destroy the world let him do so sharp sharp.

Is like he enjoys all this ugly events in this world. I think he does enjoy it!

By the way: Religion in Nigeria is a natural disaster

I dont expect u, Alfa or any other here that dont already believe in Christ/God to understand. The bible says if the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do?

It is a foundational problem that started in the Garden of Eden, though God has set a day that He will restore all things, but for now things will remain like this n even get worse.
Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I dont expect u, Alfa or any other here that dont already believe in Christ/God to understand. The bible says if the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do?

It is a foundational problem that started in the Garden of Eden, though God has set a day that He will restore all things, but for now things will remain like this n even get worse.

That is the problem.

Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
PastorOluT:

Good one again pastor ola, u surely are one of the few people I respect on NL. Holding on to ur believes/truth despite all.

Keep up the good work bro.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

Thanks for the encouragement. May the Lord keep us in the hollow of His hand.
Re: "Mother Nature Sure Blew It...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Joshthefirst:

Another edifying and thought provoking message. It always baffles me when people will blame evil on God and blame creative and awe-inspiring beauty on non-directed randomness. Actual and bold stupidity if you ask me. Foolishness.

Why would they use the name of a God they claim not to exist as a curse word, why would they call Jesus to express disgust?

The names ofPeople who have commited terrible crimes like hitler are not even used to express disgust.
It is only Jesus' name they know, jesus who went about healing and died for our sins.

Humanity are truly enemies of God in their mind through wicked works.
And it is only when a man understands the terrible predicament and danger he's in as a result of breaking Gods law repeatedly and boldly that he'll look for the saviour; Christ Jesus

Thanks Ola.

God bless you Joshthefirst, for your words of wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Miley Cyrus Invokes Indian Demon God Kali @ VMA 2013 / Do People Know They Are About To Die? / A Very Interesting Verse Of The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.