Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage (30833 Views)

Video Shows Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing Boko Haram Attack / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / What Is/are The Citeria(s) For Putting Threads On The Front Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by wheesin(m): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
I was just passing by this afternoon... Unfortunately i was putting on a camouflage... Suddenly i was approached by a soldier holding a golf club... He pointed it at me and was shouting at me... I really didn't understand what he meant.. He chased me with the golf club and told me to pull off the shorts... I was really embarrassed because it was in a very condensed area.... I was putting on boxers underneath. I had to pull it off and i was queried on why i wore it.. Then i was told to go home with my boxers on... I found this very disgraceful..

Now i want to know why these is happening because this is very inhuman and a clear human rights violation

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Freiburger(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
wheesin: I was just passing by this afternoon... Unfortunately i was putting on a camouflage... Suddenly i was approached by a soldier holding a golf club... He pointed it at me and was shouting at me... I really didn't understand what he meant.. He chased me with the golf club and told me to pull off the shorts... I was really embarrassed because it was in a very condensed area.... I was putting on boxers underneath. I had to pull it off and i was queried on why i wore it.. Then i was told to go home with my boxers on... I found this very disgraceful..

Now i want to know why these is happening because this is very inhuman and a clear human rights violation
I think the law has been there for long.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
You are a "bloody civilian". On what basis did you think you could publicly put on camouflage... The law has always existed.. And it is not a violation of you human rights.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by wheesin(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
It is a clear violation of my rights.. I have d rights to put on any cloth i buy... So fvck off

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by topsyking: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
wordsbase: You are a "bloody civilian". On what basis did you think you could publicly put on camouflage... The law has always existed.. And it is not a violation of you human rights.
[/b]shuut up guy... come to europe or even south africa, even kenya sef.. and see how people dress in complete army cloth...its your right to wear anything u like.. some people here go even wear complete army cloth, u go tink they be army.. but in nigeria most of the army boys are illiterate, not expose. all they want is to steal the cloth for there use..another ways of stealing.it show nigeria is really far beyind.[b]

15 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 14, 2013
topsyking:
[/b].... all they want is to steal the cloth for there use... [b]

I'm pretty sure the force men whom you call illiterate would know that your use of "there" should actually be "their".

Your understanding of the concept of human rights is very limited, and I don't intend to school you on that on this platform. If you please, keep wearing the uniform, the full regalia, maybe you could even try the officer ceremonial, I'm sure it'll look good on you. And when a force man confronts you, tell him it's your human right to dress like a military man, because it is your right to be indentified with that uniform in whatever place and whatever time you choose.

62 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by wheesin(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Wat about celebrities dat put on camouflage aren't they civilians anymore... Just because I was not a celebrity undecided

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by NiccoC(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2013
since they didn't make u do frog-jump for 2hours you should count yourself lucky. next tym u'll use ur head.

bloody civilian

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2013
"but in nigeria most of the army boys are illiterate, not expose. all they want is to steal the cloth for there use..another ways of stealing.it show nigeria is really far beyind" *jumps into river Jordan* Bros, has the queen of England offended you that much? Buhahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 14, 2013
"but in nigeria most of the army boys are illiterate, not expose. all they want is to steal the cloth for there use..another ways of stealing.it show nigeria is really far beyind" *jumps into river Jordan* Bros, has the queen of England offended you that much? Buhahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by wheesin(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its a shame that soldiers respect no one just because of a uniform

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by nnocurruption: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Such things only happen in Nigeria this is only one of the thousands of reasons why Nigeria is one of the worst place to live in.

just want to add this the power of Nigerian politicians are the military

otherwise which fat old politician wan oppress me ?
I go kill am in less than 2minutes.

Also without gun and population/ reinforcement/uniform which single army wan oppress me for street ?
we go just fight die abi no be human being ?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
nnocurruption: ..
I don catch you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by quest003: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
how many times we go dissect dis topic now?
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by jonezz(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
God save you self, na head u for take waka, abeg go bush

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by checkdate(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
embarassed
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by austinoeze(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
u ma sef... y u no wear police uniform?

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by FBS: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
wordsbase: You are a "bloody civilian". On what basis did you think you could publicly put on camouflage... The law has always existed.. And it is not a violation of you human rights.
Mind showing us? undecided I just want to know.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by luv22(m): 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thank ur head say dem no ask u to remove ur boxers
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by mosein: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: It is a clear violation of my rights.. I have d rights to put on any cloth i buy... So fvck off
too late,you should have told the soldier same thing you wrote here!

24 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by skullz: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
Avoid putting on camo to avoid their wahala. If u like the camo then join the army, it is as simple as that!.....u get luck say dem no drill u, if not u go pour panadol for plate dey chop am like rice.

29 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
I tire for dose illiterates o, I remember wearin a brown hood, wit camouflage , a soldier den calld me nd warned me never to wear it again, I for no pull am assuming he told me to ( if I hear grin)
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by IAMBREEZY: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Op thank GOD they didn't beat hell outta you.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by akereconfi: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
When you are in Nigeria, act like a Nigerian. You know it well that wearing a CAMOU ain't tolerated by the Khaki Boys.................where I am now, I wear camou to class and no one blink an eye lid. But when I reach 9ja..................dem no born me well to wear am.

Thank Your God say u no pick pin or frog jump. You dey nigeria dey talk about Human right when you wear CAMOU........................ wear am pass army barracks with your Lawyer next time.

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by onimcee1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why didnt you tell the soldier that he is violating your right? Who in Nigeria doesnt know that army uniforms are not worn by civilians?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by nnocurruption: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
kolawaxxy: I don catch you cheesy
hehehe we all do that

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by yousee(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: It is a clear violation of my rights.. I have d rights to put on any cloth i buy... So fvck off
Human whatt? Please wear that thing you buy and walk into a military post. Na there you go know say khaki no be leather!
Lorbish!

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Sijo01(f): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Soldiers has always be against civilians putting on camouflage since 'I don't know when'......anybody that claim ignorance of this, is on his/her own.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Merkki(f): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: I was just passing by this afternoon... Unfortunately i was putting on a camouflage... Suddenly i was approached by a soldier holding a golf club... He pointed it at me and was shouting at me... I really didn't understand what he meant.. He chased me with the golf club and told me to pull off the shorts... I was really embarrassed because it was in a very condensed area.... I was putting on boxers underneath. I had to pull it off and i was queried on why i wore it.. Then i was told to go home with my boxers on... I found this very disgraceful..
Hahahahahahaha.
This is molestation. You need to sue them for public sexuäl harrãssment. I can get you a good lawyer. Just boxers? Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Fadelex(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
there was a thread like this last year and a guy was claiming human right. the camouflage is their uniform, plz steer clear of it. so many people are using camouflage to harass fellow civilians while some are using it to perpetrate evil.
you'll be severely dealt with if they catch u wit it. no law permits u to put on military uniform. it is called impersonation. trying to be who you aren't

if you have criminal code acts, it's clearly stipulated in chapter 110 and it's punishable by law. section 111 even bar sellers from selling uniform to unauthorized person

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by idupaul: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Do people even know the meaning of the word camoflage .. Even black when used in the dark becomes a camoflage .. And for Jungle issue camoflage every Army has their signature camo pattern and the OPs right has clearly been violated if he wasn't wearing the official issue of the Nigerian army and especially if was wearing a fashion print version tailored in a way that does not bear any semblance to gear designed for combat role .

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Rick9(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
wheesin: "but in nigeria most of the army boys are illiterate, not expose. all they want is to steal the cloth for there use..another ways of stealing.it show nigeria is really far beyind"
* Walk in see this, shocks * * Clears Troath and Scream and Pass out then Wake up * Bros Oh Weti i do u. Ahahahahahaah see who dey call Army men Illiterate choi. After all na dem go be first to say Patience Jonathan no sabi speak English. Na wah oh ,

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okada Man Backing A Baby In Ibadan / I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Fake OPEC Scholarship: Police Special Fraud Unit Arrest Internet Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.