Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage (30859 Views)

Video Shows Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing Boko Haram Attack / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / What Is/are The Citeria(s) For Putting Threads On The Front Page? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by agohmamuda(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
lastpage:

I guess Nigeria is just sinking to a "new low", everyday!

Why is it that most posters using the word "Army", along with the word "Camouflage" (as in "Army Camouflage"wink?
To me, it seems there is a general assumption that the "Camouflage" (anything that is used for "deception" or 'stealth' ), BELONGS TO THE ARMY!

It is only in Nigeria that the ARMY is DEFINED by "DESIGN OF A CLOTH" (which is what 'Camouflage cloth' is).

Not wearing a Camouflage does not make you less of an Army, .........so wearing it ONLY, should not make you one or more of one.
When "humans" lack substance, they begin to dwell on the inane"!

I guess our Military have nothing else to "show-off" anymore, except "Camouflage Cloth"!
You should recognize a "bloody Civilian" when you see one, even if he is dressed from head to toe in Military attire same as you should recognize a "Proper Military Machine", when you see one, even if he is just wearing a White T-Shirt and Black Sports pants!
Its all about the "training, Discipline and mentality"

But if our own Nigerian Army has become so debased that that all they have left to 'PROTECT AND PORTRAY' is Camouflage Cloth", then something is wrong with them.
IGNORANCE, ABUSE OF POWER, OPPRESSION, INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND LOW SELF-ESTEEM IS WHAT IS WORRYING ANY SOLDIER THAT GOES ABOUT HARASSING ANYONE WEARING A CAMOUFLAGE CLOTH.

Ask yourself: Why is it that the "real professional and war-fighting Armies" of the U.S.A and Europe/U.K dont harass their citizens and the general public for wearing Camouflage Cloth?
Because they do not suffer from that inferiority complex that our own Nigerian Army (and generally despotic African Armies) suffer from.

...And to think that their "public love and worship" them like a God?

I wear it, my kids have it as shoes, under-pants, T-shirts, e.t.c, my wife wears it and we move around in it without trying to "look like or imitate' any military personnel.

l am waiting for the day when one "Overzealous Soldier" would try me.......
Jobless Morons.
Soldiers all over the world are the "bed-rock of development and research" in their respective countries, the only thing ours are noted for is "lazy talk, pepper soup and beer ... and harassment of sheepish and docile civilians"!

Tell me one single invention pioneered by Nigerian Military? Tell me one Single Project they have undertaken from start to finish, ...even if it is a "small bridge"?
It is only peeps with "insecurity issues" that project aggression and turn to BULLIES on "weaker people"!
That is how those Army boys come across, to me.

By the way, the section of the constitution that was "quoted" refers to 'Military Uniform" and never said "Camouflage Cloth".

So, how do you "interpret" a camouflage Cloth to mean military Uniform?

Lastpage!

Trust me its for our own good. You know civilians do cwazzy stuffs in the name of democracy abi freedom. There's got to be a separation btwn military n civilian and the camouflage is "one" of it. I didn't say only oh. Like I said earlier there was a warning from the chief of army staff pertaining civilians using camou. The warning has been in place and was re-anounced last month; so defaulter must face wat eva comes to them. The country is facing security breach challenges why complicate matters?
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by soulglo: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
agohmamuda:

Trust me its for our own good. You know civilians do cwazzy stuffs in the name of democracy abi freedom. There's got to be a separation btwn military n civilian and the camouflage is "one" of it. I didn't say only oh. Like I said earlier there was a warning from the chief of army staff pertaining civilians using camou. The warning has been in place and was re-anounced last month; so defaulter must face wat eva comes to them. The country is facing security breach challenges why complicate matters?

Is Nigeria at war? The country is facing a massive ignorance epidemic. Why add to it? Why make laws if they should not be followed. This is why Nigerians keep being treated like second class citizens by Nigerians. What part of the constitution says that an Army officer could even detain a civilian on any ground whatsoever. They are army officers and not police officers. And even if he were a police officer it is not criminal to wear camouflage colors. He still would have no grounds to detain an innocent civilian not to talk of making his strip off his clothes. When I read comments like yours I just shake my head. It is true that people deserve the leaders they have. Nigerian's deserve whatever crap the powers that be throw at them because too many of you support bending the law or just totally ignoring it because it does not apply to you. Forgetting that one day you could accidentally step on the boots of this out of control soldier and he will make you strip for his pleasure.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by agohmamuda(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
soul_glo:

Is Nigeria at war? The country is facing a massive ignorance epidemic. Why add to it? Why make laws if they should not be followed. This is why Nigerians keep being treated like second class citizens by Nigerians. What part of the constitution says that an Army officer could even detain a civilian on any ground whatsoever. They are army officers and not police officers. And even if he were a police officer it is not criminal to wear camouflage colors. He still would have no grounds to detain an innocent civilian not to talk of making his strip off his clothes. When I read comments like yours I just shake my head. It is true that people deserve the leaders they have. Nigerian's deserve whatever crap the powers that be throw at them because too many of you support bending the law or just totally ignoring it because it does not apply to you. Forgetting that one day you could accidentally step on the boots of this out of control soldier and he will make you strip for his pleasure.

You right and am right to some degree. Rating officers a.k.a recruits are d lawless ones and trust me its in the military code of conducts that military officers are not to engage/touch civilians, those assulting civilians if caught will face a military court marshal and will be dismissed or suspended or demoted as d case may be.
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hw can u put on camouflage wen u're not a solder that serve u right, Boko haram wear it too u can wear it again lol
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by lastpage: 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
agohmamuda:

You right and am right to some degree. Rating officers a.k.a recruits are d lawless ones and trust me its in the military code of conducts that military officers are not to engage/touch civilians, those assulting civilians if caught will face a military court marshal and will be dismissed or suspended or demoted as d case may be.

Brother,
The long and short of these is PLAIN LAWLESSNESS!

Let us even look at the "law that was in-place"
Section 109 and section 110 refers:

Dont wear "Army Uniform", if you do an dtry to impersonate a Army personnel, the punishment on "being found guilty" is PRISON SENTENCE OR FINE.
End of story! That is the law and everyone, be it Army or civilian is bound by the constitution.

Now, let us dissect that law:

1.) The Law refers to Army Uniform.
So what constitutes an "Army Uniform"?
To help us, let us assume that a "real Army personnel" wears a Camouflage T-Shirt and then puts on "Blue jeans and brown Sneakers then tops it up with a baba-Ajasco type of Golf Face-cap". (Without the Military pips, the Epaulets, Insignia and rank).

Question: can that person, dressed like that pass through a Barrack gate and expect the gate orderly to "salute him" with full military honors?
The ANSWER is "NO"! Simply because his appearance does not represent or qualify him to be addressed or seen as a Military personnel.
In essence, the "camouflage T-shirt alone" does not qualify him to be "recognized" as a Military personnel.

This example shows that for you to be seen (intentionally or mistakenly) and recognized as a "Military Personnel", YOU NEED MORE THAN JUST A CAMOUFLAGE SHIRT OR TROUSERS.

If that analogy is true, how come then that some Ediotic Military riff-raffs think anyone wearing a camouflage Shirt (without all the other accessories l mentioned above) is impersonating the Military? or are they just using it as an excuse for vendetta and abuse of Uniform/Power?
That section of the Law NEVER mentioned the phrase "Camouflage" and l have read every letter of it; It only said "Army Uniform".

2.) Now again, let us even assume that the "civilian in question" is guilty of wearing "Army Uniform" by wearing a Camouflage (Just for analysis sake)
The law did PRESCRIBE a PUNISHMENT FOR SUCH ACTION.
It is IMPRISONMENT and/or a FINE

Now, tell me, how does some rag-tag illiterate in military uniform, asking a Civilian offender to "stand on his head in a pool of muddy water" or "Tearing the Camouflage and making the wearer naked in public", constitute the PUNISHMENT PRESCRIBED BY THE LAW?

If those who wrote the constitution think the proper punishment is to make the offender stand on his head in a muddy pool of water, or be beaten to pulp or be strewn naked in public, is the "due punishment" for this offence, it would have said and written it down likewise!

But here we have a group of dolts, ill-trained and actually cowardly bullies (see how they run for ordinary rag-tag Boko haram or Ijaw millitant!) who think they have the Liberty to make their own laws and re-write the constitution of this country, just because they are "military peeps"?

If they have any sense in them at all and this action is not borne out of vendetta, Bullying and arrant disregard for others, they would have said "Look you have contravened the Law by wearing Army Uniform (Camouflage), we will now arrest you and hand you over to the Police who should in-turn charge you to a LAW COURT for determination and possible sentencing".
That is how sensible, bold, well trained, confident and enlightened "military" behave.
. (It can only happen in our black continent now)

But they wont do that because they know that they cannot defend their position in a law court and hence resort to "BRUTALITY, OPPRESSION and CRIMINALITY".
Take away their gun and you would see that most of these one brutalizing innocent civilians are actually cowards or who else will hold a gun and fight someone who does not have access to a gun? A COWARD! tongue tongue tongue

...And l dont blame these bullies in the Military Uniform anymore than l blame their victims!
I blame a lot of stewpid Nigerians who dont have any sense and dont know their left from their right! (You can see what most of them and writing on this thread!)
These set of Civilians are so entrenched in "poverty of the mind and soul" that their life has no value and you can do anything to them.
You can even roast their child for Suya, in their presence and all they would say is that "I have warned my child, na him no dey hear word".

"People would treat you the way you ask them or allow them to treat you".

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by Nina4u(f): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2016
psucc:
@ OP pls not that your right is only guaranteed to the extent allowed by the state.
Camouflage is customized and regulated cloth used only under authorization.
bullshit ..the whole world ware camoflage clothing exept nigeria ...its not inpersonating a military guy ..the military personal have military id to identify them and cannot b mistaken as a civilian ..so if a civilian ware camo and comitt a crime ...we ban that ...a criminal that ware red shirt ..lets ban red shirts ..someone who ware blue shoes to commit a crime ..lets ban that ...if someone in camo clothing comes up to u u can demand that person to identify them selves ...or its simply a fake wanna be ...here its just a peice of fabric ...and anyone can ware it ..same in ghana ..kenya ..southafrica ..usa..canada ..europe ...u guys military is just sick in their head ..
Re: Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage by christtar(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
AntiSerious:
sharrap dude, all around the world, a bloody civilian does not have the right to wear a camouflage,stop sayin wat u dnt know

Says who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Okada Man Backing A Baby In Ibadan / Fake OPEC Scholarship: Police Special Fraud Unit Arrest Internet Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.