Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye (2897 Views)

Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / ANAMBRA POLL: Police Arraign 183 Osun Suspects In Court / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by abagoro(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nothing man no go hear for this we Naija. Tufiakwa!

The National Chairman of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, on Wednesday declared that he had personally informed Peter Obi, the Anambra State Governor, to hand over power to Tony Nwoye, the party’s gubernatorial aspirant.
Mr. Tukur disclosed this at the closing rally of the party’s campaign held at the Holy Trinity Centenary Ground in Onitsha.
“I told Gov. Obi to hand over to this young man,” Mr. Tukur said, pointing to Mr. Nwoye.

The PDP chairman also said that the presence of President Goodluck Jonathan at the rally signifies the seriousness of the party to reclaim the state.
‘If you wish for something you send an emissary, but if you really want it, you come yourself. That’s why your Excellency came himself,” Mr. Tukur added.
President Jonathan, who admitted that he had to cancel his trip to Colombo, Sri Lanka, to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting “at the eleventh hour”, called on the Anambra people to make a decision that will “push the state forward” on the election day, Saturday.
The president apologized for the absence of Namadi Sambo, the Vice President, whom he said could not attend the rally because two of them cannot be in the same place at the same time “in case anything happens.”
“From what Arthur Eze said, we (him and the gubernatorial candidate) have similar background: attended primary school without wearing slippers,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“His own may even be better than my own,” he added.
The rally was billed to begin by 10 a.m.; but the ground didn’t fill up until noon when the president arrived.
And when he arrived, President Jonathan, decked in a native attire and a red cap, did a lap of honour with the PDP gubernatorial candidates, jogging lightly through the four corners of the expansive ground before taking up his seat.

“50 per cent of the private jets in Nigeria are owned by Anambra people,” the president stated during his keynote address.

Read more
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/149541-anambra-poll-ive-told-governor-obi-hand-tony-nwoye.html
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by homesteady(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Can't you identify jokes when you hear one? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Abagworo(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Wednesday’s rally was no different. It began with the announcer chanting that the ruling party in the state, the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, is filled with “419 people and trained thieves.”
Margaret Okadigbo, wife of the late Chuba Okadigbo, a former Senate President, was more forceful during her address when she urged the youths to “do anything” to ensure the party’s victory.
“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014,” Mrs. Okadigbo, a Senator representing Anambra North, said.
Godswill Akpabio, the Akwa Ibom State governor, said that the APC cannot cure people.
“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.
Arthur Eze, billionaire business man and PDP financier, said that he was ready to sacrifice his life to ensure the party’s victory in the election.
“For many years the orphans and widows in this state were neglected, until God brought Jonathan from a village in Otuoke. The same thing happened to Tony Nwoye, from a village called Nsugbe. They have no money,” Mr. Eze said.
Mr. Eze also stated that he took the governorship candidate to meet both President Jonathan and Mr. Tukur and the duo gave them the go-ahead to contest in the election.
“That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.
“Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble houses everywhere,” Mr. Eze said.
“Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.
I’m 65 years and I’ll die very soon,” he added.
The rally also witnessed about 20 people, who claimed to be members of Labour Party, LP, in the state, coming out to announce that they have defected to the PDP.
“We are here to declare membership of PDP in Nigeria,” said Raphael Chukwuduluem, who said he was LP’s Deputy State Chairman.
“We are here to promise you that Tony Nwoye will be the governor in Jesus name,” he added.
In his address, Mr. Nwoye promised to tackle youth empowerment if elected as governor.
“The youth of Anambra State are the most unemployed in the history of the state. In the past eight years, no youth has been employed in this state,” Mr. Nwoye said.
The governorship aspirant also promised to tackle insecurity, but admitted that eradicating kidnapping would be an arduous task.
“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business. In six months, we are not going to stamp out kidnapping entirely, but it will be reduced to the barest minimum,” Mr. Nwoye said.
“In the entire state, there is no functional teaching hospital. We are going to build three teaching hospitals, the type in Akwa Ibom state, with standard facilities,” he added.
After President Jonathan finished his speech and boarded his black Lexus Sports Utility Vehicle, the two hour rally came to an end.
And the youth rushed onto the podium, untying and fighting over the umbrellas used to decorate the podium.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by gerald09(m): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't give a phuck who's son he is, weather he is from east or west dat dude seems like bad news. He will turn anambra state to be like den Liberia when Taylor was ruling. I dey fear dat guy, he has horrible/evil plans for Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by takedat(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
abagoro:

“From what Arthur Eze said, we (him and the gubernatorial candidate) have similar background: attended primary school without wearing slippers,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“His own may even be better than my own,” he added.

Regaling us with meaningless tales of poor upbringing. How does it translate to Compassion? We still have many children who attend schools with no shoes/slippers because of the pervasive poverty in the land. Children who are shackled and fettered to the bondage of poverty, lack of basic necessities of life, and with no hope of breaking the chains of poverty yet we claim to have a Government in place.

"That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo's people; the people that killed the Igbos."

I can't believe the President(who should be a unifying figure) was seated while Mr Eze dispensed this heavy dose of bigotry, and he did not explicitly repudiate the load of garbage spewed by this ethnic panderer and vile purveyor of hate. Jonathan is a divisive President.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by bloggernaija: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.

“That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.

Eyin omoluabi.

I hope you are taking notes

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
PDP and their comic relief. Smh grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by HAVIJ: 3:06am On Nov 14, 2013
“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014,” Mrs. Okadigbo, a Senator representing Anambra North, said.
Godswill Akpabio, the Akwa Ibom State governor, said that the APC cannot cure people.
If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.
Arthur Eze, billionaire business man and PDP financier, said
That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.

CHILDISH

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by fingard02k(m): 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
i was here
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2013
bloggernaija: “If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.

“That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.

Eyin omoluabi.

This people will just start something they can't finish.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by dridowu: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2013
Hand over power ko , hand over power ni
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Omen100(m): 7:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Abagworo: Wednesday’s rally was no different. It began with the announcer chanting that the ruling party in the state, the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, is filled with “419 people and trained thieves.”
Margaret Okadigbo, wife of the late Chuba Okadigbo, a former Senate President, was more forceful during her address when she urged the youths to “do anything” to ensure the party’s victory.

“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.
Arthur Eze, billionaire business man and PDP financier, said that he was ready to sacrifice his life to ensure the party’s victory in the election.
“For many years the orphans and widows in this state were neglected, until God brought Jonathan from a village in Otuoke. The same thing happened to Tony Nwoye, from a village called Nsugbe. They have no money,” Mr. Eze said.
Mr. Eze also stated that he took the governorship candidate to meet both President Jonathan and Mr. Tukur and the duo gave them the go-ahead to contest in the election.
“That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.
“Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble houses everywhere,” Mr. Eze said.

“Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.
I’m 65 years and I’ll die very soon,” he added.
The rally also witnessed about 20 people, who claimed to be members of Labour Party, LP, in the state, coming out to announce that they have defected to the PDP.
“We are here to declare membership of PDP in Nigeria,” said Raphael Chukwuduluem, who said he was LP’s Deputy State Chairman.
“We are here to promise you that Tony Nwoye will be the governor in Jesus name,” he added.
In his address, Mr. Nwoye promised to tackle youth empowerment if elected as governor.
“The youth of Anambra State are the most unemployed in the history of the state. In the past eight years, no youth has been employed in this state,” Mr. Nwoye said.
The governorship aspirant also promised to tackle insecurity, but admitted that eradicating kidnapping would be an arduous task.
“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business. In six months, we are not going to stamp out kidnapping entirely, but it will be reduced to the barest minimum,” Mr. Nwoye said.
“In the entire state, there is no functional teaching hospital. We are going to build three teaching hospitals, the type in Akwa Ibom state, with standard facilities,” he added.
After President Jonathan finished his speech and boarded his black Lexus Sports Utility Vehicle, the two hour rally came to an end.
And the youth rushed onto the podium, untying and fighting over the umbrellas used to decorate the podium.

This is another shoeless/slipperless story and mr. president was right there listening while the bolded statements being made by his felonious aficionados and some empty headed boobs (some Nairalanders) here will expect us to respect the president jonathan and the office he occupied.

president jonathan is a very big fool.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Some nitwits will soon come on this thread and tell me Buhari lack manners in giving out speech and only incite violence with his speeches. Are the comments made by these PDP buffons not a way of inciting violence on the election day and causing hatred to other ethnic groups?

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2013
'50% of private jet in Nigerians are owned by anambrans'...

Hehehehe...this guy is a joke!

Even if this is true, how is that statement supposed to incite anything positive?
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by levelszik(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2013
Tony nwoye-wrong candidate(shld have been soludo),Ngige-wrong party-criminal godfather(8 yrs and nothing to show for it),uba-good party(but na only moni d guy sabi),......all of them are criminals,but the level of their notoreity differs.soludo still remained my number 1 candidate.it shall never be well with obi for dissing soludo.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by omenka(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2013
take dat: Regaling us with meaningless tales of poor upbringing. How does it translate to Compassion? We still have many children who attend schools with no shoes/slippers because of the pervasive poverty in the land. Children who are shackled and fettered to the bondage of poverty, lack of basic necessities of life, and with no hope of breaking the chains of poverty yet we claim to have a Government in place.

100000000Likes!!!
I have nothing more to say.
Thanks bro.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by omenka(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: '50% of private jet in Nigerians are owned by anambrans'...

Even if this is true, how is that statement supposed to incite anything positive?

When they call him clueless people go all defensive!!! Doesn't the president's utterances and deeds give credence to that fact The man just doesn't have it, period!
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 14, 2013
joind wt Awolowo ppl, ppl dat killed d Igbos!!! I thought dis nosense s only n NL, so t can even b said n a political rally, wao!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2013
bloggernaija: “If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops,” Mr. Akpabio said.

Eyin omoluabi.

YES WE ARE
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: '50% of private jet in Nigerians are owned by anambrans'...

What he is trying to say is Anambra people should be involved in crime so that they can buy more private jets and break record of being the highest owner of private jets in the world. Don't you get it? undecided
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 14, 2013
I'm absolutely gutted to think that the 'president of nigeria' was present while these disgusting ethnic attacks were being made, disappointed at GEJ, its a shame that supposedly national leaders would indulge in this,thought it was only the e-urchins on both sides of the divide that make this kind of statements

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2013
emk4lif: I'm absolutely gutted to think that the 'president of nigeria' was present while these disgusting ethnic attacks were being made, disappointed at GEJ, its a shame that supposedly national leaders would indulge in this,thought it was only the e-urchins on both sides of the divide that makes this statements
Dont be suprised, during Gej's campaign in 2010 at osun he referd to southwest apc stalwarts as rascals
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 14, 2013
You can't deport Igbos and anambra people from lagos,attack their economic interest and close/burn their shops through arson just because you want to take over their market,tax them indiscriminately and keep branding innocent hard working Igbo businessmen in lagos as criminals without expecting it to be a campaign issue against a candidate being sponsored by thesame apc/lagos which is responsible for these atrocities being committed against Igbos.

You started your discrimination against anambra people and businessmen in lagos now you are crying because anambra people have decided to react and pay you back.apc has no place in anambra.the next govt is either pdp or apga.ngige will never be allowed back into awka govt house no matter what.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2013
KIRIJI: Dont be suprised, during Gej's campaign in 2010 at osun he referd to southwest apc stalwarts as rascals
and he failed woefully during d election in Osun!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Meringe(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2013
in my dream last nite, NGIGE was declared winner of the guber election.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by finefinelady(f): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2013
Nonsense
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Abagworo(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2013
What I can deduce is that most of those involved in ethnic hatred on Nairaland are paid PDP agents. Both those that claim to be Igbo and others that claim to be Yoruba. It is a shame how an old man would stand in front of his children and grandchildren to claim that Awolowo people killed his people. What is the aim?
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by takedat(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
berem: Some nitwits will soon come on this thread and tell me Buhari lack manners in giving out speech and only incite violence with his speeches. Are the comments made by these PDP buffons not a way of inciting violence on the election day and causing hatred to other ethnic groups?
Lady Berem, are you surprised? Welcome to Nigeria, hypocrisy rules around here!
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by funnyx(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2013
What a shame! And some mofos will come here to tell us about how PDP is a national party? If a statement like this were made in Buhari's presence they would have been all over the place telling us that Buhari is a bigot.
I think it's more clear to us why many igbos come here on NL to show their hatred for Awolowo and anything Yoruba, obviously they've been indoctrinated from the cradle by their parents and leaders.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by steppin: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2013
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Wasn't it due to hatred that fashola deported Igbos from lagos while branding them destitutes?

Wasn't it due to hatred that awolowo stole funds belonging to Igbos after the civil war and used it to fund free education in the southwest?

Isn't it due to hatred that lagos port is the only port allowed to function while other ports outside yorubaland rot away?

Isn't it due to hatred that so many yorubas engaged in a campaign of calumny against enugu airport international status despite there being no international airport in the southeast before then?

Isn't it due to hatred that yorubas employ the use of arson in other to take over shops and markets from non-yorubas in the southwest?

Fasholas deportation and discriminatory/wicked actions against Igbo owned businesses in lagos was always going to be a campaign issue.you yorubas are the worst when it comes to tribalism,ethnic hatred and bigotry.it will be a disaster for this nation if other parts of nigeria decide to match your achievements in the area of ethnic bigotry and tribalism.
funnyx: What a shame! And some mofos will come here to tell us about how PDP is a national party? If a statement like this were made in Buhari's presence they would have been all over the place telling us that Buhari is a bigot.
I think it's more clear to us why many igbos come here on NL to show their hatred for Awolowo and anything Yoruba, obviously they've been indoctrinated from the cradle by their parents and leaders.
Re: Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2013
PDP power to the people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Don Jazzy's Secret Girlfriend. / Nigerian Progressives - What Do They Believe In? / Guess What They Are Looking At [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.