Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,017 members, 7,814,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Change Of Name After Marriage! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Change Of Name After Marriage! (868 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Name After Marriage! by Fridelly(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Please house, how can one change name to her husband's surname after traditional wedding?

A traditional wedding took place 8 months ago between two wonderful families where no marriage certificate was issued. Unlike the court wedding where certificate is involved that one can use in the process of change of name.

Please, i need your candid advices as to what and how to go about this. Thanks
Re: Change Of Name After Marriage! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Contact sun newspaper and follow the instructions for change of name. The number to call can be found in the paper.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Name After Marriage! by pickabeau1: 6:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Get a court certificate to mark the wedding

The newspaper will ask for it; even you will need certificate to get new intl passport

You can also try punch

1 Like

Re: Change Of Name After Marriage! by bellong: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2013
You need government certification of your wedding before you can do a change of name. Meaning, you will have to go to court to get marriage certificate after which you can follow the steps given to you earlier.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Found One Of Your Parents Was Cheating? / Living With Your Mother / My Wife Deceived Me In Vain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.