Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student (22132 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by LadyH(f): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Strauskhan1: Sorry, the thing dey boil In me grin
wich tin?

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by lirusehn(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
ma work is to giv out free likes. Y'all can die for all i care
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Phder: When I was in SS1, I mistakenly drank an acid during quantitative analysis experiment, before that day, I used to believe acid is really sour in taste.

--------------------------------
Don't ask me the taste, because my sense of taste wasn't functioning during the incident.
you mean you drank base,coz you possibly couldnt have drank from the burette containing the acid

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by babseg(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
crackhaus:
Wrong!
Ammonia gas smells like rotten egg

Hey My guy but what's the smell of hydrogen sulphide

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lachynos2k2: I hope u drank base to neutralize it.?
haahaha make e go form salt n water for e belle shey #Neutralization rxn#..... Omo!!! na die ooo! Abeg
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: haahaha make e go form salt n water for e belle shey #Neutralization rxn#..... Omo!!! na die ooo! Abeg
LOL salt and water is good for the bodywink
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
charlins20: no dull ur self o nah bore hole tns.
lol
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
ZE: I was 1st thought that the world is round(like a foot ball). Then i assumed that Ferdinand Magellan who sailed round the world(1519 - 1522) might have slipped out of space at a point.
can't forget dt name.... Geography Ist term tins
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by jajad: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
I believed that children came from a spermatozoon fertilizing an egg. Now I know children come from God.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: wich tin?
science cheesy
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
jajad: I believed that children came from a spermatozoon fertilizing an egg. Now I know children come from God.
LOL my friend right! But its just that the former is so true...
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by ACM10: 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
jajad: I believed that children came from a spermatozoon fertilizing an egg. Now I know children come from God.

O' boy, u have regressed o. The difference between then and now is that your degree of olodoism has increased cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
babseg:

Hey My guy but what's the smell of hydrogen sulphide
Help me ask him ooo! He can even say chlorine gas is colourless Or that it is Ammonia gas that gives a pop sound with air grin grin
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by woky: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: busy body. allow him. iwanna knw mre bout his magic skills. grin
pm me 4 mor info
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by woky: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Strauskhan1: Sorry, the thing dey boil In me grin
go use super gule do eye drops
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by woky: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: hahahahahahaha.... You r beginning to sound llike dt guy, Okija Juju *smh*
really
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
woky: go use super gule do eye drops
God save me from these non-science peeps. They can keeelgrin wetin be super ''gule''?? angry
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: oboy u na Aproko Mega ooo!
you want me to wet you with ammonia abi
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
medina jabbar: dont pour water into acid it will explode or dont pour acid into water,i dunno but either of it sha will xplode
explode? dem put akara bomb inside am ni,i thought the acid will splash up if you add water to it
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Mrsachs(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Can't remember a Bleep.....cuz I started doing the real stuff #technology # computers
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by ProfChris10(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
That I can harness petrol from palm wine. Trust me, na too much organic chemistry cause am. Though I'm still going to figure it out, since i have the theories. just a matter of time. #winks#
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remember in geography when we were taught about americo vespucci, na so evrybdy dey shout puss.y till closing time,i also drank base during waec; sha no b my fault my patner was rubbing bobbi on my hand grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by xtremely9ja: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
shits_happen: Teleportation, that matter can dematerialise( break into simple units) and reassemble elsewhere, is a very weird concept. Imagine I can appear where Mukina is right now and give him a dirty slap. lol
Levitation also, particle physics is a big cock and bull story

Bros, google magnetic levitation. With science the fiction of yesterday is today's reality and the fiction of today is the reality of tomorrow.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by UyiIredia(m): 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
That science is devoid of bias (science is a bias on its own, not to talk of how bias influences the varied hypotheses for an observation), that space expands (only matter is seen to expand, space is nothing and surely not a lively brew of VP's, and by definition cannot expand), gravity explains falling and planet's motion (not quite, calculations model such events exactly, but they hardly account for the force, gravity and process by which it causes things to fall): BTW science nerds and geniuses still believe such crap.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
They said we are animals, animals with tail and we were ask to feel lower part of our anus and we believed it. WTF
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by lastmessenger: 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
I believed that isaac newton is a jackass
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by drey08(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
d 1 way vex me pass na d stone n feather stuff in physics angry
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by juman(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Very long time ago.

I like physics practical where two mirrors facing one another would produce infinite number of images. Always amaze (interest) me. Even till today.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
debarca2: They said we are animals, animals with tail and we were ask to feel lower part of our anus and we believed it. WTF
hahahaha... Reminds me of d last vertebral bone Coccyx aka Tail bone
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Bgino(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
isnt it weird hw they said the earth rotates on an imaginary orbit.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remember my first innovation in JS3, our teacher told ur to build something, all other classmates built fan, torchlights, etc.... But i wanted to be outstanding, so i sat down and thought on what to innovate for a few mins, then the thoughtof building a 'trailer' cross through my mind, i built the trailer but i was stolen... So, i later went for an aeroplane, i was planning to build an aeroplane that ll take me to school everyday.... I was xoxoxo happy when the though came into my mind, i was like all my teachers ll start respecting me, my friends and my enemies ll start rallying around me.... So, i started but due to lack of material i was unable to finish it (coz i ve already planned everything).... Xo, i went for a smaller one and notwithstanding i built it.... I was xoxoxo happy when i finished the project, i was jumping around and showing people... I tested it for the to see and they where suprised but i didnt want to submit it coz i love it xoxoxo much.... "my 1st innovation"....

I actually thought i ll be an engineering student then but everything changed and i'm in the medical aspect... All thanks to God....
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by linearity: 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
I was indoctrinated in JSS to believe and think that Atom is the smallest indivisible particle of an element....and the sound of that phrase still linger in my subconsciousness....

Then came fission physic, they started telling us that all that is wrong...and that we can actually split atoms and even free neutrons from the nucleus of an atoms...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.