Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

APC Leaders Visit IBB, Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders Visit IBB, Abdulsalami (587 Views)

Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Leaders Visit IBB, Abdulsalami by kglamour(m): 12:43am On Nov 14, 2013
Minna—Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida, yesterday, justified his romance with the All
Progressives Congress, APC, saying that he was “Nigerian first before the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.”
Babangida spoke when some stalwarts of the APC, visited his hilltop residence as well as that of General
Abdulsalami Abubakar, another former military Head of State separately in Minna, Niger State.
Gen. Abdulsalami who also spoke to journalists shortly after the visit ,however, said: “I cannot be wooed
by the APC as I have never been a politician. I am not a politician, and I don’t need to be wooed.’’
Those who visited the former leaders included the Interim National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi
Akande, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State, Chief Bola
Tinubu, former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Masari, a former Minister, Alhaji Hassan
Lawal and the party’s National Woman Leader, Mrs. Sharon Ikeaso among others.
The closed-door meeting with Gen. Babangida lasted for about 30 minutes while the one with Gen.
Abdulsalami lasted for about 40 minutes.
Addressing newsmen after the meeting, Babangida said there was nothing wrong in fraternizing with any
party in the country as long as it was for the progress of Nigeria and Nigerians.
“Nigeria is bigger than PDP. They came to talk about Nigeria and how to move the nation forward and
there is nothing wrong in opening my doors for them because my door is always open to anyone that
comes to consult with me on how to move the nation forward and the APC leaders are concerned with the
welfare of the nation,” he remarked.
Babangida further said that, “the APC leaders visited me to discuss the welfare of the country which should
be the responsibility of every Nigerian, whether you belong to a party or you do not have a party. You have
an assignment to protect the integrity of the country. People who come to talk about Nigeria and the way
forward will always be welcomed by me. We have to find a way forward for this generation, what we are
doing is for this generation.”
He explained that the meeting centred ‘’on the welfare, well-being, education, security and economic well-
being of the country,’’ adding that ‘’anything that would promote and move the country forward would be
encouraged by me.”
Similarly, Abdulsalami said after the meeting that though he was not a politician, he was, however, free to
discus and fraternise with politicians who had the progress of the country at heart.
He said his own meeting centred on the amalgamation of the new party, how they were doing, how far
they had gone and how things were moving, adding that he only used the opportunity to advise them on
how to move the country forward devoid of violence.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/apc-leaders-visit-ibb-abdulsalami/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/13/apc-leaders-woo-ibb-abdulsalam/

Re: APC Leaders Visit IBB, Abdulsalami by Xfactoria: 2:48am On Nov 14, 2013
What IBB and Abdulsalam?? Up progressives!!!!

.......Awon were!!!!!! God go punish you all undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Visit IBB, Abdulsalami by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2013

(1) (Reply)

The PDP Has Done More Harm Than Good To Nigeria, But New Dawn Is Coming / Nelson Mandela’s Death: Muhammad Ali & Other Celebs React / Mandela Letter To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.