Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? (2336 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? / Does Any Body Really Deserve Hell Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by huxley(m): 8:42am On Apr 13, 2010
So what is it about hell that you are afraid of? Or what is it about hell that one should be afraid of?

Will it be possible to have s-e-x in hell?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Gabry(f): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by noetic16(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
huxley:

So what is it about hell that you are afraid of? Or what is it about hell that one should be afraid of?

You will soon be able to find out. . . . .if u dont repent.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by smallman1: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
Hell is only the common grave of mankind it is not a place of torment,you can check the dictionary to confirm.it is hell fire that is said to be a place of torment.but there is nothing like hell fire either from philosophy or from the bible.all references that people use to buttress the point of hell fire in the bible is only a miss application. the destruction by fire mentioned in the bible means final destruction not a literal torment in evrlastin burning fire.[Rev 20:14].
so i am not scared of anything like that and i think no one should be scared.

luv ,
small man.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by InesQor(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
huxley:

God is not bothered whether you are afraid of hell or not. I am not bothered whether you are afraid or not.

The British Police force is not bothered whether anyone is afraid of the prisons.
A British citizen who stays out of trouble is not afraid of the existence of the prison systems.
Some criminals are afraid of it, and some are not. Either way, when they get rounded up, they cool their heels there.

Perfectly logical, isn't it?

What's the point of this thread? Oh, another classical one by huxley.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by mazaje(m): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2010
Hell is going to be so jammed full of lying Christians that I fear I will never get in.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by MyJoe: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
mazaje:

Hell is going to be so jammed full of lying Christians that I fear I will never get in.
grin
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2010
Going Down!

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/preview.swf[/flash]
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by noetic16(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2010
mazaje:

how can a VIP like u not get a seat? . . . grin
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Zodiac61(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
@OLAADEGBU
What is it with the comics? They are not any good and the messages are crap.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2010
Zodiac61:

@OLAADEGBU
What is it with the comics? They are not any good and the messages are crap.

Did it touch any nerve? You better heed the warning, repent and believe the gospel if you don't want to go down.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Margister(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
I am not afraid of Hell because hell Fire is not a reality, it does not conform to the laws of nature, it is a man made law, what is real is Karma and Reincarnation
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2010
It makes no difference whether you are afraid or not, do you want to find out for yourself?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by noetic16(m): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

It makes no difference whether you are afraid or not, do you want to find out for yourself?

unfortunately most of these ignorant dudes would have to find out themselves. That would be too late and sad.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
noetic16:

unfortunately most of these ignorant dudes would have to find out themselves. That would be too late and sad.

Yes, unfortunately it would be too late by the time they realise it. Having a little fear of danger can be healthy otherwise we wouldn't have to get out of harms way as in getting out of the way of a coming train or trailer. shocked
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by mazaje(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2010
noetic16:

The age on puerile fear card again grin. . .Aren't you guys tired of this failed tactics already?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Margister(m): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
@OLAADEGBU and @mazaje, could you please mention the crime that your son or daughter would commit that would make you put that child of yours inside a fire and burn that child forever, you that is mortal and sinful would hardly do that how much more God
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
noetic16:

hahahahahahahaha do we have VIP seats in hell?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
Margister:

@OLAADEGBU and @mazaje, could you please mention the crime that your son or daughter would commit that would make you put that child of yours inside a fire and burn that child forever, you that is mortal and sinful would hardly do that how much more God

Let's assume that you are a judge that is about to sentence your son that has been brought before you in court who is guilty of murdering an innocent girl and the penalty for that crime is life imprisonment, what will you do as a good judge?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by mamagee3(f): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
noetic16:

Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by richjohn1(m): 8:01am On Apr 16, 2010
@oladeegbu
Poor analogy typically of 'shallow-life' members.  grin  I really wonder why peple will believe anything called hell-fire, yeah there may be judgement but Everlasting roasting na lie! if someone lives 15 years on earth as a sinner so the young teenage will roast like a barbecue forever abi? Logical reasoning cancels the idea! My yoruba friends always say no matter how stubborn a child is the parent will not throw him to be eaten by a tiger grin
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by noetic16(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2010
rich_john:

@oladeegbu
Poor analogy typically of 'shallow-life' members.  grin  I really wonder why peple will believe anything called hell-fire, yeah there may be judgement but Everlasting roasting na lie! if someone lives 15 years on earth as a sinner so the young teenage will roast like a barbecue forever abi? Logical reasoning cancels the idea! My yoruba friends always say no matter how stubborn a child is the parent will not throw him to be eaten by a tiger grin

unfortunately, u have no say in what happens in eternity. my only hope is that u dump ur ignorance, delusion and superstitions and embrace the grace of God in JC.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by DeepSight(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
^^^ Noetic, dyu belive in extra terrestial intelligence?

That there could be other beings like us living in other reaches of the universe?

Dyu think they would be required to beleive in Jesus of Nazareth?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by kieryn(f): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
you cant be afraid of what is not real. There no such thing as hell if you are talking bout eternal damnation. Hell is mankind common grave. If i happen to be there, no worry i believe in a ressurection.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by TBits: 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
@OLAADEGBU and @mazaje, could you please mention the crime that your son or daughter would commit that would make you put that child of yours inside a fire and burn that child forever, you that is mortal and sinful would hardly do that how much more God.

@Margister: Is God your Father?

If you haven't accepted Jesus, God is only your creator. And a creator can destroy his creation in fire or water or acid. Just like you can destroy a work of art you personally create. God becomes your father when you accept Jesus and get saved by confessing your sins and acknowledging him as lord and live in the power of his spirit in obedience to his commandments. Then your loving and merciful father will take the punishment of any of your crimes upon himself and never ever forsake you talk less of cast you in hell.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by pheonixChi(f): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2010
Nope not scared of hell cause i dont think it exist in the form religion dictates. i reckon hell is here on earth and we have all been there once or twice in our lives.

huxley:

well you could become a moslem, blow up a public bus and go claim ur 40 virgins in heaven instead undecided
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Kay17: 3:56am On Apr 17, 2010
a nice tool to win hearts!
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by noetic16(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Noetic, dyu belive in extra terrestial intelligence?

u mean spiritual beings? yeah.

That there could be other beings like us living in other reaches of the universe?

is heaven and hell included in ur definition of the universe?

Dyu think they would be required to beleive in Jesus of Nazareth?

Jesus is an ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY in the spirit realm.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by e36991: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2010
Huxley:

@Huxley

There'll be no $ex in hell;

there will be no sensual pleasures of that kind or nature and it would be impossible to have $ex in hell

because after death the reproductive organs rots away along with the decomposed /or decayed body

Importantly reproduction would have gone past its sell by date

and no need in heaven or hell to reproduce

(i.e. the mandate "Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth" would have ran its course and expired)
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by huxley(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2010
e36991:

@Huxley

there will be no sensual pleasures of that kind or nature and it would be impossible to have $ex in hell

because after death the reproductive organs rots away along with the decomposed /or decayed body

(i.e. the mandate "Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth" would have ran its course and expired)

If all the organs rot away and there will be no sensual reactivity, then there will be no way anyone could feel or sense pain. So being in hell is going to be painless, isn't it?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by e36991: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2010
e36991:

@Huxley

huxley:

If all the organs rot away and there will be no sensual reactivity,  then there will be no way anyone could feel or sense pain. 

So being in hell is going to be painless, isn't it?

@Huxley

grin grin I love you man!!!   smiley smiley

I loved your coup de grace attempt

You are right to a degree but not absolutely right

Too bad that kind of reasoning and inference is somewhat impaired

Though hurt does one physically feel the pain in ones soul?

Does one physically feel the burden on ones heart, literally?

Is regret, disappointment or bitterness exclusive only to the physical?
Re: Are You Afraid Of Hell? Why? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
e36991:

@Huxley

grin grin I love you man!!!   smiley smiley

I loved your coup de grace attempt

You are right to a degree but not absolutely right

Too bad that kind of reasoning and inference is somewhat impaired

Though hurt does one physically feel the pain in ones soul?

Does one physically feel the burden on ones heart, literally?

Is regret, disappointment or bitterness exclusive only to the physical?
Thank you. But if the pain is only going to be psychological, then what is the point behind using fire to inflict it? Why fire? Why are thrown into fire to burn if they have no skin to feel?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Alcohol A Sin? / . / Who Was Cain's Wife? Was Cain's Wife His Sister?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.