Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Funny How We Treat God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny How We Treat God's Word (1576 Views)

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague / Pentecoastal Leaders Condemns Sis Linda's Prophecy "Says Contradicts God's Word" / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny How We Treat God's Word by jaguda(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2006
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God, and then wonder why the world's going to hell!

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Funny? Or is it scary?

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes"in God).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start
sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public
discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and work place.

Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Funny how when you go through this message, you will not talk about it to many on your neigbhourhood because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you.

Funny how you can be more worried about what other people think of you than what God thinks of you.

Are you still thinking?

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Re: Funny How We Treat God's Word by exu(m): 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2006
Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Most sane/rational people question the way that the media depicts the news as well.

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start
sending messages regarding the Lord,  people think twice about sharing.

Yep. That's called embarrassment religion should be a personal thing. If you want to throw your religion around expect to get ridiculed.

Funny how you can be more worried about what other people think of you than what God thinks of you.

No. What's really, really funny is how some people can spend so much time worrying about the well-being/happiness of a creature they cannot see yet turn a blind eye to the suffering going on in front of them.

That, my friend, is hilarious.

In a beautiful, Satanesque (pbuh) kind of way.

p.s.
In case you were wondering the rest of your post was annoyingly crass as well. I just choose to ignore it.
Re: Funny How We Treat God's Word by lunafish(f): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2006
@ exu

That was brilliant.

It's true- religion is private.

The Bible is supposed to be questioned; if not we would have all killed each other for something or other tat the Old Testament says.

The fact is; we don't know what God thinks of us.

@ exu
I believe in God but I don't live with what God thinks of me in mind. if I did, I would never do anything out of my own volition/kindness/selflessness. I would just do it out of fear of condemnation.

What I find funny, is how people can berate others while using their religion as justification. They can aim to reduce a person to nothing with their sense of religious superiority and still think that they are doing God's work. That's comical my friends.
Re: Funny How We Treat God's Word by hotangel2(f): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2006
Hmmmph!!

Okay. Me i'll just laugh and pass.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus Christ / Serving God By Fasting - Can It Be Dangerous? / OPM FOUNDATION Where Everything Is Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.