Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis (871 Views)

Gulak Takes Over PDP Chairmanship / Pope Accepts Resignations Of 2 US Bishops Over Sex Abuse Cover-up / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by donphilopus: 12:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, South-South zone, Archbishop God-Dowell Avwomakpa, who also doubles as the head of bishops in the Niger Delta region, has suspended some bishops in the region, who he claimed initiated dialogue and mediation between the Presidency and the aggrieved seven governors of People Democratic Party, PDP.

Avwomakpa disclosed this yesterday through his media adviser, Ovie Edomi after a meeting with Bishops from the zone.

Avwomakpa said: “There is nothing wrong with clergymen initiating or brokering peace between factions, but for some bishops to do so in the name of a body that I head and other executive members were not consulted gives a wrong signal and suggests a dangerous trend in the body of Christ.

“It means that there are people with political interest or ambition in our fold. It also means that we have clergymen that join different Christian groups or fora with selfish interest.”

Avwomakpa noted that as the Chairman of CAN in the South-South, he remains the leader of Christians in the zone and that any peace move by church leaders from the zone must have his blessing, just like any move at the natio-nal level must have the consent of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 15, 2013
donphilopus:

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE

even the church? I wonder why the people of south south and south east are so intollerant of any body or persons who may have a contrary opinion to their obviously biased views of GEJ's performance.
Why create more enemies for your dull son?

1 Like

Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by Wsdm: 6:34am On Nov 15, 2013
azeezhy:

even the church? I wonder why the people of south south and south east are so intollerant of any body or persons who may have a contrary opinion to their obviously biased views of GEJ's performance.
Why create more enemies for your dull son?
Honestly, very dull son indeed. Can you see the differences in maturity between people of these zones and the other zones?
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by rusep: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2013
The only thing that remain is to print a PDP Bible.
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by kenlash1(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Dis man shld shut up, he is a known Political bishop, like his national president, wen he was not carried along he gets angry nd feisty.
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by Cuche: 8:49am On Nov 15, 2013
I am a Christian but I will deny CAN any time any day as long as Prophet AYO is the leader. That CAN looks like a cult and a political cult for that matter. The Catholic Church did a good thing by pulling out, I expect more churches to pull out.
Pastor Ayo does not talk, act or dress like the described Jesus. I wish him the best but being a Christian Leader is a NO for me.
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by simpleseyi: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2013
rusep: The only thing that remain is to print a PDP Bible.

Ayo Orishejafor has already printed one, he read from it at River Jordan when he prayed for Stella Oduah unfortunately, unbelievers like you and I who were at River Jordan when Ayo Orishejafor prayed for Stella Oduah did not say Amen because they were not filled with the holy PDP spirit
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by musiwa112: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2013
when did can have 6 zones, is can a member of the pdp.

i think it is time to put an end to this
Re: S’south CAN Suspends Bishops Over PDP Crisis by simpleseyi: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Cuche: I am a Christian but I will deny CAN any time any day as long as Prophet AYO is the leader. That CAN looks like a cult and a political cult for that matter. The Catholic Church did a good thing by pulling out, I expect more churches to pull out.
Pastor Ayo does not talk, act or dress like the described Jesus. I wish him the best but being a Christian Leader is a NO for me.

My friend why are you blaspheming nah? How can you say Pastor Ayo does not talk, act or dress like the described Jesus? Ayo Orishejafor dresses like Tupac Shakur (his long blink blink necklace is a duplicate of Tupac Shakur necklace), Ayo Orishejafor talks like Snoop Dogggy Dog and acts like Notorious B.I.G. What else do you want nah?

Ayo Orishejafor is everything opposite Christ.

(1) (Reply)

....... / Sahara Reporters,please Publish Tinubu's Chicago University Certificate / Chibok Kidnap A Scam, Says Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.