Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad (2271 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / See What My Dad Found In His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by 4tunebest(f): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2013
As is customary, I send you heartfelt messages @ this time every year. This year, I decided to post it on Nairaland(I discovered this site last year) and share the link with you.
Daddy, I have a lot to say to you and the summary of this write-up is to thank you.

Thank you dad, for teaching me that my true father is in heaven and you are only a guardian for me here on earth. Thank you for teaching me to be totally dependent on God and not you for all my needs(of course He supplied my needs through you). Thank you for teaching me the importance of a deep relationship with God, and that studying His word holds the key to a successful and prosperous life here on earth.
Thank you for teaching me that the Bible holds the answer to every life questions I may have @ any stage of my life.
Thank you for teaching me that all I am, and would ever be is deeply rooted in searching out the scriptures.

Daddy, you were very strict with me while growing up; so strict that I actually thought you hated me. You monitored me every way you could and set such high standards for me. It wasn't easy meeting up with your standards but through it all, I learnt the virtues of patience, endurance, hardwork and forgiveness.

Dad, we've had our share of altercations in the past(we still do @ times) and Indeed, a lot of water have passed under the bridge. You could afford to give me anything and everything I wanted but you chose to deprive me of certain luxury. You taught me to posess my own posessions and not depend on your own posession. I didn't understand why you had to, but looking back through the years, I am grateful for how you raised me because I am better off for it.

Daddy, do you remember that I used to be very weak @ heart and feeble minded? It was you who taught me that I couldn't go far in life with those traits of mine. In your own words ''Only the brave and courageous survive in this world, especially in a place like Nigeria''.

Daddy, you are not the perfect father (neither am I the perfect daughter) but you are the best for me and my siblings. As always, my prayer for you is to live long to reap the fruit of your labour on all your children.

Thank you Baami. We love you so much.

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
Poster,

God bless you. My prayer is that your children will write even better things about you.
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by 4tunebest(f): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Thanks Nashville. Amen to your prayer
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by baby124: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Aww hugs! I know what it is like to have a good father. Only if men know how their actions especially can change the course of their children and generations to come. Men will be less selfish and think straight. Being a good husband and father is the best gift you can give yourself. I love my daddy very much though he is late. I still love him scatter.
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by 4tunebest(f): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby_123: Only if men know how their actions especially can change the course of their children and generations to come. Men will be less selfish and think straight.
kiss
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by soulglo: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
This really touched my heart. The only unconditional love I have ever known besides God's love has been my dad's love for me. My father would die for any of his children. I could cry just thinking about him. If my dad was here right now I become a little girl again lol. I could never repay what he has done for me. I thank God for our Fathers. May they live long. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by ladygogo: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sweet! kiss Cheers to amazing Dads!! I love you Dad!
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by bellong: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2013
I thought there are no good fathers in Nigeria is the general opinion of females on Nairaland...

@Op,

May your dad prosper and live long to see his children children....
Re: A Tribute To My Knight In Shining Armour- My Dad by 4tunebest(f): 8:19am On Nov 26, 2013
bellong: I thought there are no good fathers in Nigeria is the general opinion of females on Nairaland...

@Op,

May your dad prosper and live long to see his children children....

Amen. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Give Birth To Children They Don’t Need? / Why I Despise My Father. / My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.