Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria (7932 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE / On Going Work At The Onitsha Shoprite And International Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
I always believe that it is very easy to go online but the most difficult part of any online venture is staying online. Alot of nigerian online business today have close because they do not have the success tips to succeed online in Nigeria.

To succeed online in Nigeria, you have to understand how Nigerians think. It is no doubt that there is alot of opportunities in Nigeria but that doesnt mean providing a solution to a nigerian problem will make you succeed automatically. What actually makes you succeed is teaching your Nigerian customers how to use your service/product.

When thinking of venturing into any Nigerian online business. It is advisable to reserve enough energy for teaching your Nigerian customers how to use your online service. Before or after you buy your Car, you have to learn how to drive your car and thats why there is the driving school. You might have a great online service for Nigerians but the ability to teach them how to use the service counts towards your success. A lot of nigerian online business have failed today because they have always believed that "nigerians will figur out how to use their service on their own without any assistant and they have forgotten that the internet trend in Nigerian evolved only a poppy years ago".
Do not rely entirely on online marketing. In addition to online marketing, ensure you do some offline marketing. For most service business, your customers are those busy nigerians who do not have the time to flip through facebook page. Thats why you should take your marketing offline.

Be patient with your customers. Majority of american and european online business do not start generating revenue in the first few years of operation. So reserve enough finance to take you through that period and never give up on the way to success. Count your success by the number of visitors that visite your site rather than the amount of revenue you generate.

Most importantly, Majority of your nigerian targeted customers are mobile internet users.so when building a website for the Nigerian audience, ensure your site is mobile accessible. As a customers, i wouldnt want to visit your site and realised that the site could not load.I will just flip to the next site and that would be a bad for your business as you have lost me for good.

These are some important tips to Nigerian online business success.

8 Likes

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by teeboy4x(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nice 1
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by willyray(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
cool cool

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
SPACE RESERVED
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nice
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Connect with the keyboard warriors in malaysia.. They will show u the way
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by speeder(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
OP, I swear wetin you post na pure rubbish. Long tory, no sense. How to survive online ke.

Don't just share ur personal details, shikenan.

4 Likes

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Oludrex: Connect with the keyboard warriors in malaysia.. They will show u the way

I'm 80% sure you didn't read the whole write up before making this comment. Anyways, it was funny though grin

1 Like

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Tholudee(f): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Summary please? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by packman: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
[size=20pt]STRICTLY FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW[/size] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by PastorOluT(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
But with al thy getting get understanding, also learn how to succeed in the spiritual.

Jesus is the answer for the world today, above Him there is no other Jesus is the way!

11 Likes

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Dermie: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pointed.
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
ghettodreamz:

I'm 80% sure you didn't read the whole write up before making this comment. Anyways, it was funny though grin

One Love bro.. No tym.. That shii too long
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by myads890(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nice one
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
speeder: OP, I swear wetin you post na pure rubbish. Long tory, no sense. How to survive online ke.

Don't just share ur personal details, shikenan.
If only u can open ur mind, U will see the sense in nonSENSE
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Yeah you are right. Especially the mobile internet aspect.
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Oludrex(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Jesus is the answer for the world today, above Him there is no other !

Above him is God.... And above God is No other

1 Like

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Willgates(m): 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tholudee: Summary please? undecided undecided
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Say the truth all the time! Although the internet gives room for anonymity, the only way to be successful is to be truthful.
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by iskalamong(m): 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
BRB
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by iamdsam: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
It do takes patience to succeed online generally. Pointed and Noted!
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by akereconfi: 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
You forget to ADD...............install a strong and updated anti virus on your system. Because the kind spywares and remote keyloggers wey I dey receive via mail eh..... Naa fire for fire o, me I don arm myself with my own spyware, once I fire am into ur system, Your PC becomes mine automatically

1 Like

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by BrandKing: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
You might need to check this out -

Advice To Every Young Entrepreneur

https://www.nairaland.com/1501291/advice-every-young-entrepreneur
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
nice writeup, and you forgot 'creativity'
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Arlex(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by PastorOluT(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Oludrex:

Above him is God.... And above God is No other

Jesus is God bro!
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Porthos: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Casted
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Shouldn't Seun be writing articles like this?

Who is the OP, and why should I care what he/she has to say?
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by misterseed(m): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Good advice. I hope people take note.
Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by mystical10: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: But with al thy getting get understanding, also learn how to succeed in the spiritual.

Jesus is the answer for the world today, above Him there is no other Jesus is the way!
most we preach in any topic, hw did jesus come in this thread.nigerian and religious madness.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Going Online And Succeeding Online In Nigeria by Loskee(f): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
hello house

please, i keep seeing all this 'make money online' 'i made 500 dollars today online' this and that. please help me with the kind of legitimate businesses that i can do online. i dont mind about the fact that it may take some time to materialize. i have steady internet access, and have a satisfactory knowledge of the use of computer. every candid input will be highly appreciated. smiley

thankyou all

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Betting Method For My 90% Win Rate System / A Simple Step By Step On How To Make Over #10,000 Daily / How To Start Online Domain Business And Make Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.