Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE (56098 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants / Do Not Fall For These Scam!!!! ( Screen Shots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by JAZES(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2015
One of our readers sent this in and i think its very important that you all go through it so that you dont fall victim too because this is to real for someone not to fall victim. Kindly read below:

“From a friend……..Good morning
Please read this carefully, it may save you a few hundred, or a few thousand, or may be a few million bucks. It’s a personal experience, a true event that happened this afternoon. I am Sunday Adewole, I just fell victim of fraudsters a few hours ago. I am an account holder with StanbicIBTC bank, I am trying to put fund together to pay for my daughter’s tuition fee in CU in which case the institution already resumed last week. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from somebody purportedly from StanbicIBTC who said “Am I speaking with Dr. Adewole” (called out my other names) to which I answered in the affirmative. He said he called in respect of my BVN which I was observed not to have done, I replied that I already had it done with Skye bank and he said the bank will send me a link so that my account with Stanbic will be linked with the BVN. True to our conversation, I receive a message from StanbicIBTC in which an OTP was sent to my phone. A few minutes later, he called to ask if I got the the SMS, I told him yes but I can’t do anything about it cos I was driving. He said no problem I should call out the numbers which I did and he thanked me for my cooperation in a customer service manner. I heard nothing since then till this afternoon at precisely 13:00 hrs when I received a SMS from StanbicIBTC informing me of a debit transaction which cleared my account to the lowest thousand, i.e. I was left with a paltry N685 (six hundred and eighty five naira). I called my account officer who confirmed to me that I have fallen victim of fraudsters and he checked up on my account and saw that the recipient acct is in First Bank. My puzzle is how did they get my account details? How were they able to generate an OTP to my phone. I am waiting to see what my bank would do on it. In the mean time, please be aware of what the 419 people can do. I’ll keep you posted on any new development.”
http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/11/02/on-going-bvn-scam-even-the-most-cautious-person-will-fall-for-this-one/

CC: lalasticlala
lala, kindly put this out there to keep people informed. Thanks

38 Likes 19 Shares

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Koleman(m): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmm. Sad one. Sometimes i suspect these banks themselves.......... OH NO! What just happened? YES! You wont believe it, Am the FTC!

22 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Ezerbullet(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2015
If only this scammers can use their intelligence to do something productive.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by marshalcarter: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2015
Tnx bro but sorry for the loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by libertyfather(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2015
It's internal, not bank though but their guys inside

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Soneh(m): 7:56am On Nov 02, 2015
these guys are getting more innovative everyday,i just laugh whenever i hear some people say they can't 'fall mugu' .just pray to god you don't fall into their hands because boys don vex and dem dey upgrade everyday..
op sorry and i pray those bastards are nabbed soonest

3 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Rich4god(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2015
The fraudsters must have gotten hold of your ATM details or internet banking details.... Or probably an insider must have been part of the scam as to how did they get to know her phone number...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Greenbuoy(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Won ti se kini yen fun boda Sunday.

6 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by JAZES(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Soneh:
these guys are getting more innovative everyday,i just laugh whenever i hear some people say they can't 'fall mugu' .just pray to god you don't fall into their hands because boys don vex and dem dey upgrade everyday..
op sorry and i pray those bastards are nabbed soonest
I totally agree with you, one should just pray not to fall victim to these guys

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Rich4god(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Koleman:
Hmmm. Sad one. Sometimes i suspect these banks themselves.......... OH NO! What just happened? YES! You wont believe it, Am the FTC!
You've gat to change your network...
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Ewizard(m): 8:01am On Nov 02, 2015
wah dah fahk.. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by crowther15(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2015
my question now is can fraudster rub one with his bvn? is just like ur account number... can they rub one via his acct no.? cos the scenario u just narrated to us now is still uncleared. they called him as customer care.... did they collect his pin or wht? wht was the details the holder of the acct divulge into fraudsters hand? pls this is unclear. OTP code was sent to him which he must confirm for the transaction to pave way.....did he call out the OTP code to d scammer?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by demarc001: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2015
People need to be informed

Truly lots of people can't escape this!
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by JAZES(m): 8:22am On Nov 02, 2015
crowther15:
my question now is can fraudster rub one with his bvn? is just like ur account number... can they rub one via his acct no.? cos the scenario u just narrated to us now is still uncleared. they called him as customer care.... did they collect his pin or wht? wht was the details the holder of the acct divulge into fraudsters hand? pls this is unclear. OTP code was sent to him which he must confirm for the transaction to pave way.....did he call out the OTP code to d scammer?

I guess he called out the otp code to them over the phone....kindly read it again and u will see where he mentioned he called out a code to them.

7 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by PapiDShipCapt(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2015
the fact is that, the victim was distracted from the main thing.. One way scammers get away with their act is by making their victims relaxed and comfortable. you don't need OTP (One Time Password) for registration or activation of BVN. They have had your bank account details to complete an online funds transfer and to finalize an online transfer OTP sent to the phone number attached to the bank account as a confirmation, for him to call d digits for OTP he has unconsciously confirmed the transfer.

Sorry bro, but note that ur bank won't refund the money only except if the scammers r apprehended before u could get back ur money. Lets all be cautious especially when it comes to things bothering about privacy

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Starships4u(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2015
Is it possible to transfer money to a different bank just like that?? Soo easily?? I doubt something is amiss
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by JAZES(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2015
Below is a directive from CBN, people please beware because december is coming and boys are not smiling o.

1 Like

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Roseey0(f): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2015
This is why I refused to do all these internet banking .
I just walk into the bank and do my transactions. If anything happen I will hold the officer on the counter.

I received this kind of call too. I just told whoever it was that when am ready, I will come to the bank myself and do whatever it was he was asking me to do on phone.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by JAZES(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2015
Roseey0:
This is why I refused to do all these internet banking .
I just walk into the bank and do my transactions. If anything happen I will hold the officer on the counter.

I received this kind of call too. I just told whoever it was that when am ready, I will come to the bank myself and do whatever it was he was asking me to do on phone.

Someone tap Lalasticlala and ishilove for me

1 Like

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by macolino(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2015
I can never fall to that rubbish,the other day a nairalander posted this bvn scam format.
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Aminat508(f): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2015
Please check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease

3 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by BCISLTD: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2015
angry only do transactions at a bank branch,Atm,verified bank app or call verified bank customer care numbers.

I dey mad to answer anyone that is account about my transactions...I repeat. .I DEY MAD!!!

CHECK MY GL 450

https://www.nairaland.com/2620472/toks-2008-benz-gl450-sale
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Berrylite: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2015
This is the singular reason I took the pain to queue under the sun for mine.

1 Like

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Blackberrybabes: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2015
must everything be involved in scamming in this country?

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, CAN YOU WISH ME WELL ON MY PROFILE?
https://www.nairaland.com/2704011/see-female-ex-corper-turned-blogger

2 Likes

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Kelklein(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2015
5ive undeniable Facts of Life :

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be Happy so when they grow up, they will know the value of things and not the price.

2. Best awarded words in London ...
"Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise, you have to eat medicines as your food"

3. The One who loves you will never leave you because even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he/she will find one reason to hold on.

4. There is a lot of differences between human being and being human. A Few understand it.

5. You are loved when you are born; You will be loved when you die; In between, You have to manage...!

If you want to Walk Fast, Walk Alone..! But if you want to Walk Far, Walk Together..!!

We all are tourists & God is our travel agent who already fixed all our Routes Reservations & Destinations So! Trust him & Enjoy the "Trip" called LIFE...

have a wonderful day!

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Dindondin(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2015
Lesson Learnt!
Never update your BVN by phone or online.
Only doi it at the bank physically, face to face!
Last Bullet
Op take heart!
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by adedam007(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Gh
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Emmafrancis: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Ah!
Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Smartresult(f): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2015
But first of all, What are scams? Is a program that promise to make you rich in the short possible time, they are mostly advertised as get rich quick programs. Will they make you rich in reality, the best answer should be no, this is why they are called scams.
Most people advertising scam product are doing it for one of the following reason,
Either to take away money directly from you, through fictitious advertisement, they will keep on telling you to subscribe for some service to

continue reading

1 Like

Re: On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE by Odunsco01(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bill Gates Sr Is Dead. Microsoft Co-Founder, Bill Gates' Father Dies / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs / i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.