Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. (1178 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Xb4Real: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
Maximum Respect to u all. This just popped into my mind and I decided to bump in here and know this. Since I have been visiting this site, when ever Nollywood Movies are mentioned, de next one hears is JUNK. But this got me worried because Nollywood still remains no 3 if not 2nd in the world. Now these are the questions I have:

:What really makes Current Nollywood Movies Junk/crap?
:Are we not just criticizing because we hear some HATERS do??
:Can anyone name some of the CRAPPY/JUNKY Nollywood movies he/she has watched and what really makes them that??
:And what do u really think that is lacking in Nollywood that other Film Industries have. Creativity? Quality or what? and also name the Industry that has it 100%.

I just hv to say this before your comments/critics. It pisses me off when some people join critics just because they see others do. The funny thing is everyone here claims they don't watch Nollywood movies any more, but name any movie now, they will tell you the story line and conclude by calling it crap. I have been to lots of African countries and Nollywood still remains outstanding. WHY DON'T WE LEARN TO VALUE/APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE?? Believe it or not, NOLLYWOOD STILL HAS OUTSTANDING, EXCEPTIONAL WRITERS, PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS AND ARTISTS. We still top in our game. Nigerians/Africans, lets begin to appreciate what we have and stop celebrating Inferiority complex. Why do we like painting NEGATIVE PICTURES of ourselves to the world. The Western World knows what we have that's why our movies still have high demands in the market. Take it or leave it.

My questions are still there. Feel free and state out your reasons and examples.
THANKS.
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by MrFunny(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
it popped so I had to bump. imagine if ur comment was submitted to Nollywood. they fit name am "THE RETURN OF Xb4real". guy get job do.
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Xb4Real: 1:26am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Funny: it popped so I had to bump. imagine if ur comment was submitted to Nollywood. they fit name am "THE RETURN OF Xb4real". guy get job do.

Guess u're one of dem.
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by tomtyte02(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2013
lmao Xb4real u actually feel like commitin suicide....lolzzz...i saw ur confession
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by sholay2011(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mr Funny: it popped so I had to bump. imagine if ur comment was submitted to Nollywood. they fit name am "THE RETURN OF Xb4real". guy get job do.
Ode.

@OP...I feel you. Though, nollywood is lagging behind compared to world standard, but hands are on deck for improvement in all sections of filmmaking. Ppl are not resting on their laurels; new filmmakers are coming in and collaborating wiv ppl from various countries....etc.

Only stewpeed ppl (dem plenty for NL) who don't bother to know these quickly diss everything done in nollywood as crap since all they watch is Alaba movies.

I wonder if they've seen movies like 'Confusion Na Wa', 'Aramotu', 'Phone Swap', 'Anchor Baby' and so on. Nollywood would keep growing and cynics should keep destructively criticising. Ignorance is really a disease.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Xb4Real: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
tomtyte02: lmao Xb4real u actually feel like commitin suicide....lolzzz...i saw ur confession

Murder, bro. I felt like killing de mother*cker

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Xb4Real: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
sholay2011:
Ode.

@OP...I feel you. Though, nollywood is lagging behind compared to world standard, but hands are on deck for improvement in all sections of filmmaking. Ppl are not resting on their laurels; new filmmakers are coming in and collaborating wiv ppl from various countries....etc.

Only stewpeed ppl (dem plenty for NL) who don't bother to know these quickly diss everything done in nollywood as crap since all they watch is Alaba movies.

I wonder if they've seen movies like 'Confusion Na Wa', 'Aramotu', 'Phone Swap', 'Anchor Baby' and so on. Nollywood would keep growing and cynics should keep destructively criticising. Ignorance is really a disease.

On point, bro
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Originalsly: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
What I think is pure crap is the rating of Nollywood as #2 or #3 producer of movies. How many Nollywood movies go to big screens? ...those are the ones that should be counted. Overall...most of the so called movies are really crap because of very poor and amateur acting, lack of or very shallow story lines and very very slow pace of the movies. Nollywood has been on a big decline abroad for years now after reaching a peak around 2005. Picture and sound quality as well as editing have been soooo much better but yet....people abroad have moved away from Nollywood....and calling the movies crap...why? I think the reason is mainly because Nollywood is trying to project American culture and that is soooo disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Some Nollywood movies are among the best movies ever made and one of them is BROKEN by Bright Wonder .O.Obasi.

Gabriel Ortega (Kalu Ikeagwu), a promising young man, gets Mariam (Nse Ikpe-Etim), a naïve teenage girl pregnant in a remote community where he was posted for his primary assignment during his National Youth Service year. He absconds to the city, leaving her confused and frustrated. In her naivety she abandons the child in a refuse dump, and he is later picked up by a Good Samaritan and taken into an orphanage. The lovers reunite in the city and get married, but after two kids they begin to experience marriage burn out, and eventually get separated. The divorcee each reunites with a new life partner and starts up a new family. A few years later, the mistakes of their past comes hunting, throwing their families and entire life into chaos; having to deal with a daughter who was sneaked out of an asylum where she has been for six years, a second son who has become wild with the street life as a result of frustration, and the son they abandoned in a refuse dump, now in prison on death row.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by rapmike(m): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2013
U guys make me laff, seriously a gud number of u do nt knw wat is crappy abt majority of nollywood films? I rily dnt hav much 2 say again, wit al d over used themes by producers and story-writers, d unnecessary single characterisation by actors and actresses. Only a few Nollywood movies r kul.
Re: Reasons Nollywood Movies Are Crap. by Xb4Real: 1:52am On Nov 26, 2013
rapmike: U guys make me laff, seriously a gud number of u do nt knw wat is crappy abt majority of nollywood films? I rily dnt hav much 2 say again, wit al d over used themes by producers and story-writers, d unnecessary single characterisation by actors and actresses. Only a few Nollywood movies r kul.

And don't you tink it's same everywhere?? Hollywood isn't better. They are guilty too. Just dat we have this problem of not appreciating wat we have.

(1) (Reply)

Actress Juliet Ibrahim Twerking And Grinding[video] / "Abaniworan" By Adeniji Idris Aloma Ft Muyiwa Ademola / Moshood Mayegun Taking The Movie Industry By A Orgy Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.