Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency (4498 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Major PDP Financier Arthur Eze Visits Buhari / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2013
On Wednesday the 13th of this month at the PDP governorship campaign, Arthur Eze, a chieftain of the party made the following statement about the APC's candidate, Christ Ngige, " That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo's people; the people that killed the Igbos (sic)." This statement was deliberately made to dissuade the people of Anambra from voting for Ngige who arguably, stands a better chance of being elected in today's election. While Eze may see his comment as a mere statement geared towards getting votes for his party, it left a lot to be desired. It will surely have an adverse effect on any Igbo wanting to become President of Nigeria.
When they get to the north during their campaign, northers would be told by their politicians not to vote for the people of soldiers that killed their sons, Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Ali Akilu, Ahmed Ben Musa (Ahmadu Lere), Zakariya Mailamari, Kur Mohammed, Abogo Largema and Yakubu Pam.
In the west, people will be told not to vote the people of the soldiers that killed Samuel L. Akintola, Samuel A. Ademulegun, Ralph Shodeinde, his wife and their unborn baby.
In the south, Delta State in particular, Itshekiri would be asked not to vote the people that killed Festus Okotie-Eboh.
These people were killed on the 15th of January, 1966.

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by lepashandi: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2013
You are still foaming in the mouth all over NairaLand? Abeg, stop all these nonsense and let the people be. They will vote who they want, no matter how many threads you start on NairaLand. Beside, the thing seems to have hit a raw nerve in you.

16 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nnewi1stSon: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2013
Dont worry, when we get to that bridge we'll cross it.
cool

2 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by gurnam: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2013
Well....they failed to realize how that will backfire against Ndigbo in general elections if all regions are to start the blame game from Jan 15 1996.

I just pray others too can play that type of crude politics the Ibos played with the Anambra election and forget the sophistications

5 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by lepashandi: 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
thank God this thread died on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Dont worry, when we get to that bridge we'll cross it.
cool
ibo leaders have broken the bridge of alliance

10 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
lepashandi: thank God this thread died on arrival.
Na you kill am, okon.

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by idealsico(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
The Op can you shut up your mouth.If not for one thing I would have called you a s.tupid man.Since when did drunk politicians' view represent the view of Igbos?If Igbos are supporting other tribes to become President of Nigeria, why wont they support them when the time comes. Don't let your hatred for anything Igbo lead you to commit suicide.

9 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by bloggernaija: 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
DO NOT WORRY YOURSELF.
BY THE TIME WE GET TO THAT STAGE,
THAT POSTION WILL BE CEREMONIAL,
LIKE STANDING UNDER THE SUN AND COMMISIONING TOILETS AND BOREHOLES.

2 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Abagworo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Athur Eze is nobody in Igboland. He's known as a 419er of old formerly called "Arthur 1000". Like most PDP members, he's a retired thief. Same league as the retired thief Eze Ilomuanya and Late retired thief Igwe John Nebolisa.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
idealsico: The Op can you shut up your mouth.If not for one thing I would have called you a s.tupid man.Since when did drunked politicians' view represent the view of Igbos?If Igbos are supporting other tribes to become President of Nigeria, why wont they support them when the time comes. Don't let your hatred for anything Igbo lead you to commit suicide.
Keep dreaming other tribes will vote for you in 2015 or 2019 when GEJ promised "to hand over to the Igbo." The statement of Eze will definitely work against you.

4 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Abagworo: Athur Eze is nobody in Igboland. He's known as a 419er of old formerly called "Arthur 1000". Like most PDP members, he's a retired thief. Same league as the retired thief Eze Ilomuanya and Late retired thief Igwe John Nebolisa.

Abagworo, you will agree with me, if you are fare to yourself, that the statement of Arthur Eze, whether he is a 419er and a nobody in Igboland, has made the chances of an Igbo President slim.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
even if Ndigbo vote Ngige into office and APC Governors in all of South East it does not mean the South West will vote for a candidate of Igbo ethnic group in the next Presidential election. So I think the topic is pointless!

The truth is In Anambra right now there is nothing for Igbos. Nobody embodies the aspiration of Igbos.

Ngige I really don't know what he represents, Obiano is imposed for purposes of special interest that has to do with Fidelity Bank and Peter Obi, Tony Nwoye is a common thug and can not carry the hopes of our people; Ifeanyi Uba is Ifeanyi Uba, an ambitious Businessman willing to do anything to expand his business empire.

All of the candidates are campaigning for themselves and I don't see any candidate who represents the interest of Anambra or Ndigbo

2 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by kokoA(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
I don't think that guy's statement represents the view of the igbos. I don't even know who the hell Arthur Eze is until few days ago. But to be sincere, I personally think igbo politicians are more of local champions in their region. This is not good for the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Since the death of the late Chief. Chuba Okadigbo, igbos have failed to offer Nigeria a "national politician". For now, only the likes of Ngige and Rochas are striving hard to show igbos as Nigerians rather than "Ndi igbo". The late ikemba of Nnewi, Odumegwu Ojukwu became a national leader after he was forgiven, he embraced Nigeria and was involved in a couple of elections under different political parties, so I can't understand why some igbos feel that they can make it on their own.

5 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Abagworo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Abagworo, you will agree with me, if you are fare to yourself, that the statement of Arthur Eze, whether he is a 419er and a nobody in Igboland, has made the chances of an Igbo President slim.

Any one who takes Arthur Eze serious with regards to Igbo nation could as well take a bus conductor in Ogbomosho serious with regards to Yoruba nation.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
kokoA: I don't think that guy's statement represents the view of the igbos. I don't even know who the hell Arthur Eze is until few days ago. But to be sincere, I personally think igbo politicians are more of local champions in their region. This is not good for the third largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Since the death of the late Chief. Chuba Okadigbo, igbos have failed to offer Nigeria a "national politician". For now, only the likes of Ngige and Rochas are striving hard to show igbos as Nigerians rather than "Ndi igbo". The late ikemba of Nnewi, Odumegwu Ojukwu became a national leader after he was forgiven, he embraced Nigeria and was involved in a couple of elections under different political parties, so I can't understand why some igbos feel that they can make it on their own.

Sorry I think you have a lopsided view of what makes someone Nigerian or a National Politician!

who says support for APC is the compass to determine who is Nationalistic?

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
mikeansy: even if Ndigbo vote Ngige into office and APC Governors in all of South East it does not mean the South West will vote for a candidate of Igbo ethnic group in the next Presidential election. So I think the topic is pointless!

The truth is In Anambra right now there is nothing for Igbos. Nobody embodies the aspiration of Igbos.

Ngige I really don't know what he represents, Obiano is imposed for purposes of special interest that has to do with Fidelity Bank and Peter Obi, Tony Nwoye is a common thug and can not carry the hopes of our people; Ifeanyi Uba is Ifeanyi Uba, an ambitious Businessman willing to do anything to expand his business empire.

All of the candidates are campaigning for themselves and I don't see any candidate who represents the interest of Anambra or Ndigbo
We're not discussing Anambra State's election but the possibility of an a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction, please.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by abu12: 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
You people should just quantize his people to one particular area in your land(west), just the way they are restricted to some certain area all over in the north like sabongari. So that you will lay your hands on them anytime they f**k up. You allow them to spread anyhow in your land that is why they are claiming lagos state with u and will insult u.

7 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Demdem(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
The name Arthur Eze reminds me of "who the cap fit except Abacha"
He has always been a rogue.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by kokoA(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
mikeansy:

Sorry I think you have a lopsided view of what makes someone Nigerian or a National Politician!

I can't recall mentioning a political party in my post. For a simple test of my claim, go to a remote village in fulani land, yoruba land, niger delta or anywhere outside the east and ask a common man man to mention eastern politicians he currently knows.. Mind you, I am not from the east.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Don't mind him.is tinubu a national politician?what about fashola who deports fellow nigerians,is he a nationalist?how about buhari?
All nigerian politicians are regionalists.
mikeansy:

4 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
We're not discussing Anambra State's election but the possibility of an a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction, please.

Athur Eze? Ngige? APC in Anambra? APGA? and yet you are not discussing Anambra election?

and by the way a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction is not the most pressing issue, it will not put food on most people's table.

People can not vote or campaign in a certain way in ANambra just because of some future Presidential election

While I agree that Arthur Eze's comments are toxic and regrettable and should have no place in politics. I reject the notion that anybody must campaign in a certain way because of a hopeful reciprocation on voting behaviors! That's just silly!

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Any one who takes Arthur Eze serious with regards to Igbo nation could as well take a bus conductor in Ogbomosho serious with regards to Yoruba nation.
An Eze can be regarded as reprensing the large Igbo cause than a bus conductor in Ogbomosho representing the Yoruba interest.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
kokoA: I can't recall mentioning a political party in my post. For a simple test of my claim, go to a remote village in fulani land, yoruba land, niger delta or anywhere outside the east and ask a common man man to mention eastern politicians he currently knows.. Mind you, I am not from the east.

so are Ngige and Rochas Okorocha who are APC members the only South Easterners who qualify as National politicians in your view?

also it was not I who insinuated that Ojukwu only became Nigerian when he joined a political party that does not have its roots in East.

Sorry Sir but it is possible to be Nationalistic and be an APGA leader because the last time I checked South East is a geopolitical zone in Nigeria. While I agree that APGA people have not crafted the narrative of their argument in a civilized way that captures the aspirations of Ndigbo in a language that people from other regions can relate to; I reject the notion that it is un-Nigerian to be in APGA.

Ndigbo are Republican and Capitalist by Nature. The tax and spend welfare state practiced by Fashola and APC will always be alien to people in the South East. But then the Capitalist and the Welfarist can both co-exist as Nigerians.

Republicans and Democrats are all Americans. Igbos do not have to change their preferred political inclinations and join APC before they can be Nationalists or Nigerians!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
An Eze can be regarded as reprensing the large Igbo cause than a bus conductor in Ogbomosho representing the Yoruba interest.

"Eze" is Arthur Eze's surname just as King is Martin Luthar King or Mervin King's surname!
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by kokoA(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
chima12: Don't mind him.is tinubu a national politician?what about fashola who deports fellow nigerians,is he a nationalist?how about buhari?
All nigerian politicians are regionalists.
even if I agree with you, can you point out an igbo politician that is a "regionalist"?

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by kokoA(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2013
mikeansy:

so why does Ngige and Rochas Okorocha who are APC members the only South Easterners who qualify as National politicians in your view?
Thank you, for Rochas, we already know how popular he is even before he became governor with his rochas foundation. Ngige for some strange reasons command lots of respect in the north and western part of Nigeria.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
mikeansy:

"Eze" is Arthur Eze's surname just as King is Martin Luthar King or Mervin King's surname!
I'm refering to Arthur Eze, sir.
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
kokoA: Thank you, for Rochas, we already know how popular he is even before he became governor with his rochas foundation. Ngige for some strange reasons command lots of respect in the north and western part of Nigeria.

Ngige has friends in North and West because that is where his political bed fellows come from. Does that quite equate to commanding respect? Not sure.

If he commands that much respect let APC field him as their Presidential candidate in 2015 lets see.

And lets get it straight, merely being in a party not popular in the region you come from does not make you Nationalistic. what make you Nationalistic are the set of principles and values you subscribe to.

I am surprised that you talk about Nationalist politicans from the East and you don't talk about the likes of Ekwueme and Anyaoku.

Even Prof Soludo who tried to run under APGA is also very Nationalistic. Nationalism is all about the values you subscribe to, the way you talk in public and the brand of politics you promote.

Merely being in APC when you are Igbo does not make you a Nationalist!

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
Whether Igbo politicians are regionalist or not shouldn't be any of your business.whenever southeast states have the opportunity to choose their leaders,like its happening in anambra now,they will choose their leaders.

Whether such leaders decide to be nationalist or regionalists is up to them.there is no law that says a politician must be a nationalist or regionalist.
kokoA: even if I agree with you, can you point out an igbo politician that is a "regionalist"?

2 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by AtlanticBreeze: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
To hell with your igbo presidency, what eze said is 100% valid, except we want Ngige, its unfortunate he aligned with apc
Re: Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency by Eziachi: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orlando Owoh: On Wednesday the 13th of this month at the PDP governorship campaign, Arthur Eze, a chieftain of the party made the following statement about the APC's candidate, Christ Ngige, " That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo's people; the people that killed the Igbos (sic)." This statement was deliberately made to dissuade the people of Anambra from voting for Ngige who arguably, stands a better chance of being elected in today's election. While Eze may see his comment as a mere statement geared towards getting votes for his party, it left a lot to be desired. It will surely have an adverse effect on any Igbo wanting to become President of Nigeria.
When they get to the north during their campaign, northers would be told by their politicians not to vote for the people of soldiers that killed their sons, Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Ali Akilu, Ahmed Ben Musa (Ahmadu Lere), Zakariya Mailamari, Kur Mohammed, Abogo Largema and Yakubu Pam.
In the west, people will be told not to vote the people of the soldiers that killed Samuel L. Akintola, Samuel A. Ademulegun, Ralph Shodeinde, his wife and their unborn baby.
In the south, Delta State in particular, Itshekiri would be asked not to vote the people that killed Festus Okotie-Eboh.
These people were killed on the 15th of January, 1966.
You did not include people that killed Abiola, Khudirat and made Diya to cry on TV.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saw This Online And Just Wanna Share, Waiting For So Many Bashing. / Justice Binta Nyako View On Nnamdi Kanus Next Court Case / President Buhari, Now That The Police IG Clearly Defied Your Order What Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.