Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,889 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano (69738 Views)

APC Bars Dogara, Jibrin From Talking To Press / Southwest APC Bars Dino Melaye From Zone / Obi, Obiano And Umeh At Offala Festival - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2016
Confusion Over Anambra Central Senate Seat Persists

Following the mass defection of stalwarts of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), indications have emerged that the national leadership of the ruling party has ruled out the admission of billionaire oil-magnate, Prince Arthur Eze, former Governor Peter Obi and incumbent Willie Obiano, into the party.

The development comes on the heels of fresh confusion over the authentic candidates to contest the rerun election for Anambra Central Senatorial district, which was ordered by the Court of Appeal after the nullification of the election of erstwhile Senator Uche Lillian Ekwunife on December 6, 2015.

Sources close to Ekwunife, who recently defected to APC, confided in The Guardian that the former senator decided to jump ship to avoid the myriad of leadership crisis bedeviling the PDP both at national and state levels.

While declaring for APC, Ekwunife said her election “was mischievously cancelled”, stressing that the Appeal Court turned itself to a Father Christmas by granting a relief not sought for by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Victor Umeh, the petitioner.
Ads by Buzzeff

She recalled how a Federal High Court Abuja had prior to the Appeal Court judgment, upheld her candidacy in a suit filed by Chief Sylvester Annie Okonkwo, challenging the validity of her nomination and wondered why the court should rule that she was not duly and legitimately nominate as the PDP candidate.

“The outcome of what we witnessed was a conspiracy between some elements in PDP and the state government”, she added; lamenting that “even if I were not the valid candidate, the right thing for the court was to declare whosoever came second in the PDP Primaries as the authentic candidate, thereby replacing me as it is purely a party matter.”

Apart from the confusion as to who, between Ekwunife and Chief Okonkwo, was the authentic PDP candidate for the Anambra Central Senatorial district, APGA is also troubled by two contending candidates between Umeh and Barrister Obi Okafor of the Maxi Okwu faction.

Last week, stakeholders in Anambra Central Senatorial district, after a meeting at Njikoka, endorsed Ekwunife for the Senate seat, even as they declared that the zone cannot toy with the idea of having “a non-ranking senator in the senate at this point in time.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/defection-apc-bars-arthur-eze-obi-obiano/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
I just came from my nairaland sabbatical (thanks to seun) to post this here briefly. I want to specifically comment on Peter obi. To all those who keep pretending peter obi is not a power hungry attention seeking corrupt politician, I hope they can justify this his move. Obi will do anything albeit deceptively to be around power. I just wish Ngige accepted him into APC before disgracing him finally. Also let me make it known to obaino that any attempt by him to join APC will consign him to a one term governor. I noticed he is becoming desperate for second tenure. Like how he rescinded his ban on okada. We are watching. We shall never allow APC in igboland. Ekwunife is a non issue.

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by INTROVERT(f): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2016
ok
Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2016
lalasticlala, obinoscopy, etc
Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2016
That won't STOP or SAVE the corrupt ones from being PROBED!!!

Sorry to the used and dumbed....Nnamdi Kanu!!!

26 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by APCsupporter: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:
I just came from my nairaland sabbatical (thanks to seun) to post this here briefly. I want to specifically comment on Peter obi. To all those who keep pretending peter obi is not a power hungry attention seeking corrupt politician, I hope they can justify this his move. Obi will do anything albeit deceptively to be around power. I just wish Ngige accepted him into APC before disgracing him finally. Also let me make it known to obaino that any attempt by him to join APC will consign him to a one term governor. I noticed he is becoming desperate for second tenure. Like how he rescinded his ban on okada. We are watching. We shall never allow APC in igboland. Ekwunife is a non issue.

And then what will happen to APC? They won the presidential election without your votes remember

270 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2016
So OP u wants me to believe this crap?

Anambra is APGA,
APGA is Anambra

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by hardywaltz(m): 9:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Peter Obi the father of tribalism in Anambra State

23 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by modath(f): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2016
Just 8months+ in opposition, my gawd! shocked shocked shocked

Opposition doesn't kill for pete sake!!

Pa Oyegun, PMB, Jagaban , Pa Onu & Pa Akande are the real don dada for real.... 16yrs no shaking!!!

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by AustineE1: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2016
I dont know why some people will base their argument on mere APC propaganda,the same APC sent several emissary to Obiano to plead with him to join APC,which he bluntly refused.The questn is, what does he stand to gain from a party that will never and can never grant him victory in Anambra state.
Peter Obi on the other hand has proclaimed his lack of interest in continuing with politics,as it is now,he is on the board of about eighteen blue-chip companies!
Please save us Gobbel like propaganda.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2016
APCsupporter:

And then what will happen to APC? They won the presidential election without your votes remember
We shall see.. APC will not even make it to the next elections

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2016
modath:

This is tales by moonlight!!! Opposition can't

& it keeps getting worse by the minute!!!

Cc ; MayorofLagos, Tonyebarcanista , tuale4u, seunmsg , omenka , passingshot, abagworo , beremx , dabullit make una come ooo
U no hear when Nnamdi Kanu lawyer say him follow campaign for change?

11 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by seunmsg(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
modath:
This is tales by moonlight!!! & it keeps getting worse by the minute!!! Just 8months+ in opposition, my gawd!!

Cc ; MayorofLagos, Tonyebarcanista , tuale4u, seunmsg , omenka , passingshot, abagworo , beremx , dabullit make una come ooo

Pa Oyegun, PMB, Jagaban , Pa Onu & Pa Akande are the real don dada for real.... 16yrs no shaking!!!

grin grin grin. Tales by moonlight indeed. We know they can't survive in the opposition. Latest by 2017, all meaningful Igbo politician will be in APC.

21 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
AustineE1:
I dont know why some people will base their argument on mere APC propaganda,the same APC sent several emissary to Obiano to plead with him to join APC,which he bluntly refused.The questn is, what does he stand to gain from a party that will never and can never grant him victory in Anambra state.
Peter Obi on the other hand has proclaimed his lack of interest in continuing with politics,as it is now,he is on the board of about eighteen blue-chip companies!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by modath(f): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2016
AustineE1:
I dont know why some people will base their argument on mere APC propaganda,the same APC sent several emissary to Obiano to plead with him to join APC,which bluntly refused.The questn what does he stand to gain from a party that will never and can never grant him victory in Anambra state.
Peter Obi on the other hand has proclaimed his lack of interest i continuing with politics,as it is now,he is on the board of about eighteen blue-chip companies!

Stay there make you use G string dey do katapot! ! cheesy

We heard worse before the latest gale of defection....

These elite don't give two flying effs about YALL, it is you the bougeys that will be caught holding the dead baby, kontinuuu!! cheesy

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by disloman(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2016
Some people don't have an atom of shame in their gene.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by omenka(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2016
modath:
This is tales by moonlight!!! & it keeps getting worse by the minute!!! Just 8months+ in opposition, my gawd!!

Aunty Mo, I dey church oo. cheesy. If one invisible hand slap me here, I go hold u responsible oo.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by SpaceTour: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe why can't you use your head for once? Can't you see that this is a propaganda? Obiano did not rescind anything he did it just for last xmas holiday but the restriction continues this January.

His 2nd term is already secured through his works. Even Obi cannot touch APC with long stick.

This report is nothing but propaganda.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by gurnam: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2016
If some people know that a day like this will come, they would have refrain from taking Peter Obi serious. We know most of them were only powerful as long as GEJ was in power. They are useless as real politicians that can't survive in opposition for 4 years.

10 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2016
While this news may give APC zombies kicks I want them to be rest assured that the entire igboland says NO to APC, now and in the future. Yes bad and power hungry eggs like this shameless woman may arise but it is just a smokescreen. You may begin to rejoice when the real igbo leaders like the ones listed below start romancing APC.

Ike Ekweremmadu
Ken Nnamani
Emeka Ihedioha
Ekwueme
Olisah Metuh
etc

cc.. modath, gurnam

4 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by modath(f): 10:05am On Jan 10, 2016
omenka:
Aunty Mo, I dey church oo. cheesy. If one invisible hand slap me here, I go hold u responsible oo.

I dey do service with DSTV channel 344, Brian Houston is on right now, helping to ensure i fall in with the "fellowship"/"gathering" tenet.... tongue

BTW, why are you on NL in church? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by Pavore9: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Politicians are like weather, you have no hold on them.

4 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by omenka(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:
Please can someone remind me what part of the country Imo state is again

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by APCsupporter: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:

We shall see.. APC will not even make it to the next elections

How? With support from NW,NE,NC and SW APC will continue to win and win and win. After all the revealations you think people will be stupeed enough to vote pdp again? Look at the Bayelsa elections. Even though pdp won, it is safe to say that people are now getting wiser and APC is gaining more popularity

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by asha80(m): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:
While this news may give APC zombies kicks I want them to be rest assured that the entire igboland says NO to APC, now and in the future. Yes bad and power hungry eggs like this shameless woman may arise but it is just a smokescreen. You may begin to rejoice when the real igbo leaders like the ones listed below start romancing APC.

Ike Ekweremmadu
Ken Nnamani
Emeka Ihedioha
Ekwueme
Olisah Metuh
etc

cc.. modath, gurnam
laughable to term Ihedioha as real Igbo leader..conedy central

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2016
SpaceTour:
FreeGlobe why can't you use your head for once? Can't you see that this is a propaganda? Obiano did not rescind anything he did it just for last xmas holiday but the restriction continues this January.

His 2nd term is already secured through his works. Even Obi cannot touch APC with long stick.

This report is nothing but propaganda.
Authur Eze is a certified AGIP, Peter obi is unreliable and obiano is becoming too desperate for second tenure. I like obiano but if he continues this desperation, soludo should simply hijack pdp and push him out. We can't risk having a Rochas in Anambra. His rescinding the ban on okada is the most foolish thing he has ever done since becoming governor.

Don't forget Peter obi is also a major supporter of this "anything for power" woman. Anything is possible brother

2 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by Young03(m): 10:14am On Jan 10, 2016
I will only be interested in news like this when it enters coal city

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by modath(f): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:

IkeEkweremmadu
Ken Nnamani
Emeka Ihedioha
Olisah Metuh
etc

cc.. , gurnam

Kindly do not mention me in future, am i responsible for your nightmares, ?

Dilector's nemesis Seun that put you in your place ? or am i a member of APC that has become a reminder of your political misadventures

& It speaks volume if the highlighted are the people in whom you invested your political stock!!!!

I have excised Pa Ekwueme's name, he is no saint but does not deserve to be lumped with those charlatans....

Mynd44 , this is a preemptive action, whatever globe's Modus Operandi is to start nice & let loose in 0-100, kindly take note..

11 Likes

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2016
asha80:
laughable to term Ihedioha as real Igbo leader..conedy central
Yes, laughable that you think otherwise. Are you not anti biafra again? swerve please

1 Like

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by winniz: 10:15am On Jan 10, 2016
The development comes on the heels of fresh confusion over the authentic candidates to contest the rerun election for Anambra Central Senatorial district, which was ordered by the Court of Appeal after the nullification of the election of erstwhile Senator Uche Lillian Ekwunife on December 6, 2015.

While declaring for APC, Ekwunife said her election “was mischievously cancelled”, stressing that the Appeal Court turned itself to a Father Christmas by granting a relief not sought for by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Victor Umeh, the petitioner.

She recalled how a Federal High Court Abuja had prior to the Appeal Court judgment, upheld her candidacy in a suit filed by Chief Sylvester Annie Okonkwo, challenging the validity of her nomination and wondered why the court should rule that she was not duly and legitimately nominate as the PDP candidate.

“The outcome of what we witnessed was a conspiracy between some elements in PDP and the state government”, she added lamenting that “even if I were not the valid candidate, the right thing for the court was to declare whosoever came second in the PDP Primaries as the authentic candidate, thereby replacing me as it is purely a party matter.”

It's a shame that Willie Obiano, Victor Umeh and Annie Okonkwo colluded to fight Uche Ekwunife.
Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by asha80(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2016
FreeGlobe:

Yes, laughable that you think otherwise. Are you not anti biafra again? swerve please
you are just confused.what has my anti Biafra feeling got to do here? So you think all those people you listed there especially Ihedioha is truelly pro Biafra? You need mental check up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano by SpaceTour: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2016
Nwanne he didn't rescind the ban, it was just for the yuletide just like the way he opened Awka flyovers to ease traffic for the yuletide and has been closed again for finishing touches to continue.

I don't think Obi will move. Arthur is a typical AGIP. Ekwunife is a well known bed warmer, so no biggy on her part.

FreeGlobe:

Authur Eze is a certified AGIP, Peter obi is unreliable and obiano is becoming too desperate for second tenure. I like obiano but if he continues this desperation, soludo should simply hijack pdp and push him out. We can't risk having a Rochas in Anambra. His rescinding the ban on okada is the most foolish thing he has ever done since becoming governor.

Don't forget Peter obi is also a major supporter of this "anything for power" woman. Anything is possible brother

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guber Election: Kate Henshaw Rescued From Suspected Thugs In Lagos / VP Osinbajo’s Trip To India Cancelled After Realizin Dat Saraki Will Take Over / 2023 Presidency: Yemi Osinbajo And El-Rufai (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.