Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

A Thread For People With Eye Problem. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For People With Eye Problem. (3421 Views)

Meet Woman Who Cures Eye Problem By Licking Eyes / Have Any Eye Problem Ask The Eye Doctor / Eye Problem And Waist Pain Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Florblu(f): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
Jimbadly:

I bought my pair of contacts for seven thousand Naira. I think there is a Nigerian online store that sells them.
Hmm.......asyd frm d types of contact lense u ve mentioned,is dia any oda type?d contact lense am usin was bought 45k nd i was told 2clean it evry 2weeks nd afta 3months i started cleanin it evry 3month.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Zeebah23(f): 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
oluafolabi: Lol! I'm surprised at the folks that became self conscious or shy as a result of using glasses. It had an opposite effect on me though, it boosted my confidence and with brains to go with it made me a total nerd.

I have been using glasses for like 9 years now, was diagnosed of myopia when I was in Pry.5. The nicknames came too 'Oju-igo' and co, but they never really stuck or bothered me.

By the way, had moments I really wish I didn't use it though, like when I sleep off with my glasses on and end up breaking it or in the rain when I can't remove it because I won't see clearly even though it is wet and similar situations like that. But despite these odds, I think I have adapted to it, more like accepted it.

There was a time I considered contact lenses but my doc advised me against it because it had a higher risk factor of getting infected. Do you mean to say that contact lenses are less risky now? Should I start considering it as an option again over the glasses?

Nice thread BTW. smiley
. If your doctor said it is risky, you should listen to him. At a point, i was so desperate to get rid of my glasses but my doctor advised against it and i have not brush the topic since then. My looks with the glassses, people say it makes me look serious. Sometimes i try walking on the street without wearing it -i'll still take it with me- but that means i don't get to see anyone greeting me from a distance except it's someone whose voice i know well,i just wave in that direction.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Florblu(f): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
I av a (serious)sight problem.a contact lense was recommended,i started usin it since last year.d contact lense cost 45k.i was told 2clean it evry 2weeks bt afta 3months i was told 2b cleaning it evry 3months.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by agrovick(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Oluafolabi, looks like we ar both in the same shoes my confidence level soared with the use of glasses. I started using glasses in 2010, strange thing is I never knew I was shortsighted until I failed my eye test during medicals @ the university of Ibadan. The nicknames do not bother me cos I knw my friends are only catching fun @ my expense (blind bartholomew, oju igo, oju irin). My only problem with glasses has to do with my peripheral vision, I always need to turn sideways If I want to view objects that ar beside me
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Zeebah23(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
agrovick: Oluafolabi, looks like we ar both in the same shoes my confidence level soared with the use of glasses. I started using glasses in 2010, strange thing is I never knew I was shortsighted until I failed my eye test during medicals @ the university of Ibadan. The nicknames do not bother me cos I knw my friends are only catching fun @ my expense (blind bartholomew, oju igo, oju irin). My only problem with glasses has to do with my peripheral vision, I always need to turn sideways If I want to view objects that ar beside me
i have never met anyone with the same issue as you-the side vision stuff.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by temmytayur(f): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
I used to have eye issues until i started using noni leaves last year and it worked like kilode not found in Nigeria though.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Jimbadly: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
Florblu:
Hmm.......asyd frm d types of contact lense u ve mentioned,is dia any oda type?d contact lense am usin was bought 45k nd i was told 2clean it evry 2weeks nd afta 3months i started cleanin it evry 3month.

It depends on the refractive error you have. I am aware that for those who have astigmatism, the contact lenses are more expensive. Or perhaps you are using the rigid contact lens made of perspex/plexiglas. I use the soft types made of silicone hydrogel material. It has a high level of oxygen permeability which gives it an edge over the rigid type. It is also very comfortable after insertion, you hardly feel there's anything on your eyes. The daily disposables are your best bet as you can throw them away at night and use a fresh pair the next day. You can buy a pack that can last for a month. I think it costs around 5,000 Naira on sunglasses.com.ng. It is a Nigerian online store. Cheers
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Jimbadly: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
oluafolabi: Lol! I'm surprised at the folks that became self conscious or shy as a result of using glasses. It had an opposite effect on me though, it boosted my confidence and with brains to go with it made me a total nerd.

I have been using glasses for like 9 years now, was diagnosed of myopia when I was in Pry.5. The nicknames came too 'Oju-igo' and co, but they never really stuck or bothered me.

By the way, had moments I really wish I didn't use it though, like when I sleep off with my glasses on and end up breaking it or in the rain when I can't remove it because I won't see clearly even though it is wet and similar situations like that. But despite these odds, I think I have adapted to it, more like accepted it.

There was a time I considered contact lenses but my doc advised me against it because it had a higher risk factor of getting infected. Do you mean to say that contact lenses are less risky now? Should I start considering it as an option again over the glasses?

Nice thread BTW. smiley

I don't think there is a high risk of your eyes getting infected as long as you observe a high level of hygiene in the use of the contact lenses. Washing your hands thoroughly with water before touching the contacts is not too much of a work for one to do. I have used mine for close to 2 years without any issues whatsoever. I always endeavour to wash my hands before placing the contacts and before removing them and I am just fine. It takes a high level of discipline anyways.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Gboliwe: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Jimbadly:

It depends on the refractive error you have. I am aware that for those who have astigmatism, the contact lenses are more expensive. Or perhaps you are using the rigid contact lens made of perspex/plexiglas. I use the soft types made of silicone hydrogel material. It has a high level of oxygen permeability which gives it an edge over the rigid type. The daily disposables are your best bet as you can throw them away at night and use a fresh pair the next day. You can buy a pack that can last for a month. I think it costs around 5,000 Naira on sunglasses.com.ng. It is a Nigerian online store. Cheers
without prescription? i thought there are strenghts associated with these lenses?
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Jimbadly: 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gboliwe:
without prescription? i thought there are strenghts associated with these lenses?

Yes of course it should be on prescription. Once your optometrist prescribes a lens for your eye problem, you can then purchase the lens. It is important for one to note the power of the lens prescribed by the eye doctor.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Zeebah23: . If your doctor said it is risky, you should listen to him. At a point, i was so desperate to get rid of my glasses but my doctor advised against it and i have not brush the topic since then. My looks with the glassses, people say it makes me look serious. Sometimes i try walking on the street without wearing it -i'll still take it with me- but that means i don't get to see anyone greeting me from a distance except it's someone whose voice i know well,i just wave in that direction.

Yh.. I get that feeling smiley
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Jimbadly:

I don't think there is a high risk of your eyes getting infected as long as you observe a high level of hygiene in the use of the contact lenses. Washing your hands thoroughly with water before touching the contacts is not too much of a work for one to do. I have used mine for close to 2 years without any issues whatsoever. I always endeavour to wash my hands before placing the contacts and before removing them and I am just fine. It takes a high level of discipline anyways.

Ok, thank you. I guess I would still leave that option open then.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2013
agrovick: Oluafolabi, looks like we ar both in the same shoes my confidence level soared with the use of glasses. I started using glasses in 2010, strange thing is I never knew I was shortsighted until I failed my eye test during medicals @ the university of Ibadan. The nicknames do not bother me cos I knw my friends are only catching fun @ my expense (blind bartholomew, oju igo, oju irin). My only problem with glasses has to do with my peripheral vision, I always need to turn sideways If I want to view objects that ar beside me

Yh.. I guess the way we react to those little jabs depend on our temperament too. I guess mine is more on the carefree side.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Caseless: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Zeebah23: The reason people with perfect eyes sight complain whenever they wear someone else's glasses is because their retinas do not need help.
by just lookin thru dz alone, i have water/tears 'welling' up on my eyes already and dz is d reaction i giv weneva i put on medicated glasses meant for those with eye defect. I jst can't look thru medi glasses..now i knw why.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by tommy40(m): 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
I feel for you guys. I dont have eye problem though, but, I strongly believe that some eye problems are as a result of nutritional defects from parents and can be corrected with natural health supplements. You may want to give it a trial. I'm sure somebody will share a testimony soon.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by adepink(f): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
@oluafolabi, its bcz u r a guy, dats why u like glasses. As a lady, It became smtin I cnt do without esp when am going out @ nite after dressing well and d whole makeup, but u still ve 2 use ur glasses. Smh
With contact though, u ve 2 be very careful and neat. If u work in a dusty or smokey environment, its nt advisable bcz it can be contaminated.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Obinnau(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have missed a lot.
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Drklet: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Use contact lenses with the advice of an eye doctor. It is not harmful but delicate. There are people who are candidates for contacts. Some are not. Your optometrist can guide you better.

They are very good, not bad,especially when you..
1. Want to enhance your looks
2. See clearer without eyeglasses
3. Are using thick lenses
4. Do not want to appear on glasses for an event, TV show, sports or interview

Children can use it too.

But one has to be thought how to use it, preferably by the doctor. Hygiene is very important. Some contact lenses can be worn to bed. Some can be used for days while some are daily disposables.

For more information on contact lenses visit Myvision Ophthalmic Eye Clinic, (Inside Welfare Hospital Complex), Salau junction, Old Ife Road, Ibadan.
CALL... 08039381959
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Jimbadly:

I bought my pair of contacts for seven thousand Naira. I think there is a Nigerian online store that sells them.

I tired to get one for someone a while ago. I just didn't think it's fortunate to be 4 eyed
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Jimbadly: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I tired to get one for someone a while ago. I just didn't think it's fortunate to be 4 eyed

Come on!!! I have over one thousand comments on nairaland. You still have a long way to go beggar boy. grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
Jimbadly:

I had a really disheartening experience with nairabet that made me run and never look back. I placed a bet on a team with zero draw at week 19. I used the draw method created by Mr Belanger. I was so sure the team will draw before week 30. To my consternation the team did not draw that season. It was a huge shock to me. I lost close to 90k that night. I came to the conclusion that the vfl is so not close to the real thing. How can a team go the whole season without a draw?! I'm not ashamed to say I have not logged into my nairabet account since that day.
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For People With Eye Problem. by Orubebe01: 5:37am On Dec 13, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Know Tiger Nuts Could Prevent High Blood Pressure? A Must Read / The Skin On My Hands And Feet Peels Off Every New Year / Know Home Remedies For Firming Sagging Breasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.