Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? (4785 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Do African Men Make The BEST Husbands And Fathers? / 15 Reasons Marriages Between Nigerian/African Men And American Women Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Iceman296: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alikaxon: Yes! African men are polygamous in nature.
Please Don't Generalize it, Not all Men are Polygamous Talk more of Africans!
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Iceman296:
Please Don't Generalize it, Not at Men are Polygamous Talk more of Africans!
Y'all are still arguing this? These guys just want to justify their cheating and nothing else

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
LOLZ...I can see some guys saying men are not polygamous in nature?

Biologically men are polygamous, men are attracted to many women as many as possible and they are willing to sleep with them.

Guys you don't have to reject/deny this it is already programmed to our nature even male animals mate around smiley

We just have to control our sexx urge and lower our gaze which is hard for some men. @OP I will not make it compulsory for my wife to bear my name she can keep her father's name and also mine due to our culture I no want wahala. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
tintingz: LOLZ...I can see some guys saying men are not polygamous in nature?

Biologically men are polygamous, men are attracted to many women as many as possible and they are willing to sleep with them.

Guys you don't have to reject this it is already programmed to our nature even male animals mate around smiley

We just have to control our sexx urge and lower our gaze which is hard for some men. @OP I will not make it compulsory for my wife to bear my name she can keep her father's name and also mine due to our culture I no want wahala. grin

I don't know the biology you are referring to but I believe that God is NOT wicked.

if He created man to be polygamous, He would have two Eves immediately or as many as is necessary...

He created them one for a reason

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
tintingz:

Guys you don't have to reject/deny this it is already programmed to our nature even male animals mate around smiley

Bros, can you please explain this genetic code that makes man polygamous by nature? I did not go to an Ivy League school so may be I was not taught. Please explain how men are biologically polygamous and what in their DNA causes it. So some of us that are monogamous and dont cheat on our wives, does that mean something is wrong with us? Are we lesser creatures than you guys with that code? Please explain!

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
bukatyne:

I don't know the biology you are referring to but I believe that God is NOT wicked.

if He created man to be polygamous, He would have two Eves immediately or as many as is necessary...

He created them one for a reason
Yes God is not wicked...do you know if Adam didn't ask God for another woman?

Read the bible most men chosen by God marry more than one wife even Abraham father of faith married two wives God didn't got angry nor condemn them.

God understands the nature of man, men sexx urge is higher than that of female. That's why you hear of rape cases...na konji and na bastard grin
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
tintingz: Yes God is not wicked...do you know if Adam didn't ask God for another woman?

Read the bible most men chosen by God marry more than one wife even Abraham father of faith married two wives God didn't got angry nor condemn them.

God understands the nature of man, men sexx urge is higher than that of female. That's why you hear of rape cases...na konji and na bastard grin

The Christian God looked at all He created and said ... 'It was good'

The men God 'loved' did several things because they were humans. David Killed, disobeyed God etc. so that is no point. The fact that God didn't 'complain' doesn't mean He endorsed it. It was more like a time of ignorance...

Like Jesus said, in the beginning, He made them male and female not male and females

I am talking from the Christian perspective

P.S.: Can you state where Abraham married two wives?

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nashville:

Bros, can you please explain this genetic code that makes man polygamous by nature? I did not go to an Ivy League school so may be I was not taught. Please explain how men are biologically polygamous and what in their DNA causes it. So some of us that are monogamous and dont cheat on our wives, does that mean something is wrong with us? Are we lesser creatures than you guys with that code? Please explain!
This is what I found...

This flies in the face of increasing evidence that for many men (though not all), there are genetic, biological and psychological factors that dispose them to not be monogamous. As my colleague Eric Anderson argues in his new well- researched book, The Monogamy Gap , there is increasing evidence that monogamy is not a natural state for males
www.m.psychologytoday.com/blog/women-who-stray/201202/why-men-gave-polygamy

I won't argue much do your research, starting from the society you belong. smiley
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
bukatyne:

The Christian God looked at all He created and said ... 'It was good'

The men God 'loved' did several things because they were humans. David Killed, disobeyed God etc. so that is no point. The fact that God didn't 'complain' doesn't mean He endorsed it. It was more like a time of ignorance...

Like Jesus said, in the beginning, He made them male and female not male and females

I am talking from the Christian perspective

P.S.: Can you state where Abraham married two wives?
There is no where God frowned at his chosen men for marrying more than one wife. We can't say if Adam ask God for another woman...David, Solomon, Abraham, Jacob etc all marry more than one wife there is no where God frown at them. There is nothing like time of ignorance to God chosen men, God knew there mind, future he chose them not for chosen sake but he knows why he elected them to be leaders and examples.

This are the polygamist men in the bible and Abraham is one of them, Hagar was his second wife. Abraham's wives were Sarah, Hagar (Gen 16:3, 21:1-13)

Lamech, Abraham, Jacob, Esau, Gideon, Saul, David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Elkanah, Ashur, Abijah and Jehoiada. Some interpretations also suggest Moses had a second wife in Tharbis. Other polygamists identified in the Bible include Ahab, Ahasuerus, Ashur, Belshazzar, Benhadad, Caleb, Eliphaz, Ezra, Jehoiachin, Jehoram, Jerahmeel, Joash, Machir, Manasseh, Mered, Nahor, Simeon, and Zedekiah.
www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_Christianity

Jesus didn't marry he didn't say much about marriage and family affairs. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
tintingz: There is no where God frowned at his chosen men for marrying more than one wife. We can't say if Adam ask God for another woman...David, Solomon, Abraham, Jacob etc all marry more than one wife there is no where God frown at them. There is nothing like time of ignorance to God chosen men, God knew there mind, future he chose them not for chosen sake but he knows why he elected them to be leaders and examples.

This are the polygamist men in the bible and Abraham is one of them, Hagar was his second wife. Abraham's wives were Sarah, Hagar (Gen 16:3, 21:1-13)

Lamech, Abraham, Jacob, Esau, Gideon, Saul, David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Elkanah, Ashur, Abijah and Jehoiada. Some interpretations also suggest Moses had a second wife in Tharbis. Other polygamists identified in the Bible include Ahab, Ahasuerus, Ashur, Belshazzar, Benhadad, Caleb, Eliphaz, Ezra, Jehoiachin, Jehoram, Jerahmeel, Joash, Machir, Manasseh, Mered, Nahor, Simeon, and Zedekiah.

Adam did not even ask God for Eve, how could he have asked for a second?

The Bible says in Romans that God winked at the time of ignorance...

People did a lot of things in the Old Testament due to ignorance.

Anyways, anybody who has the Spirit of God knows that polygamy, adultery and fornication is wrong.

I speak on the Christian's position.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
tintingz: There is no where God frowned at his chosen men for marrying more than one wife. We can't say if Adam ask God for another woman...David, Solomon, Abraham, Jacob etc all marry more than one wife there is no where God frown at them. There is nothing like time of ignorance to God chosen men, God knew there mind, future he chose them not for chosen sake but he knows why he elected them to be leaders and examples.

Anyways, anybody who has the Spirit of God knows that polygamy, adultery and fornication is wrong.

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by 2good(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
What up with Nigerians quoting the bible in every single discussion? Can't people use their brain to debate rather than referring to that confusion book all the time?
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you saying these God chosen men are sinners?? Please show me where Jesus himself condemn their act.

God knew why he selected them, Adam never knew he's expecting a partner until when God told him.

Adultery is a sin, polygamy is not a sin but it is a sin when a man doesn't do the right thing and just between his wives.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by coogar: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nashville:

what he's trying to say is infidelity is different for men than it is for women. men are more susceptible to infidelity & a man can be very happy in a relationship and still cheat. it's extremely rare to find a happy woman cheating in a relationship. women mostly cheat because they lack one or two things in their relationship.

men cheat because they can - they don't have to miss anything in a relationship to cheat. as a matter of fact, men do really love their partners when they cheat because it's just about that 5 mins. men don't care about the girls they are cheating with - most of the time, they can't even remember her name or her birthday. he's just eager to scratch an irritating itch. grin
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2013
^^^
+1,000,000,000

when I grow up, I wanna be like you
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2013
chaircover: LOL Mynd

Welcome to the family section BTW ((hugs))
Free hug.....gringringrin

I am just passing through though
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2013
LOLZ grin And who said "Men are programmed to cheat" even coogar never said this statement undecided

Men are polygamous in nature biologically, psychologically, genetically that is why some religion allows polygamy marriage(understanding nature of man) instead of them committing adultery by sleeping around(cheating), male sexx urge is higher than that of female...you will see some pastors preaching monogamy in church and still screwing his choir in the church backyard, priest sleeping with young boys, even some imams sleep around, ra;pe cases all over the news acted by men no be konji cause am? grin lipsrsealed

It is all about controlling our sexx urge and to lower our gaze there is nothing missing in any man. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2013
I remember reading this news, a married man with female kids still went outside to ra;pe a minor?

A man even ra;pe his daughters in another news. Abeg konji na bastard grin
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by jmoore(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2013
@tintingz. David had many wives yet he committed adultery.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Mynd44: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2013
tintingz: LOLZ grin And who said "Men are programmed to cheat" even coogar never say this statement undecided

Men are polygamous in nature biologically, psychologically, genetically that is why some religion allows polygamy marriage(understanding nature of man) instead of them committing adultery by sleeping around(cheating), male sexx urge is higher than that of female...you will see some pastors preaching monogamy in church and still screwing his choir in the church backyard, priest sleeping with young boys, even some imams sleep around, ra;pe cases all over the news acted by men no be konji cause am? grin lipsrsealed

It is all about controlling our sexx urge and to lower our gaze there is nothing missing in any man. smiley

That sir is you greed talking. That is you wishing to eat your cake and have it.

Are we also accepting molestation because of Konji? Perhaps you don't realize that nuns also touch little kids too (actually they shag in secret) or turn lesbian

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2013
jmoore: @tintingz. David had many wives yet he committed adultery.
Yes in the bible David slept with another man's wife because he saw her bathing seeing the beautiful body of her(konji started) grin and ordered her to his palace then slept with her, killed her husband. This is when God got angry with David. smiley
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by tintingz(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2013
Mynd_44:

That sir is you greed talking. That is you wishing to eat your cake and have it.

Are we also accepting molestation because of Konji? Perhaps you don't realize that nuns also touch little kids too (actually they shag in secret) or turn lesbian
I didn't say female don't have sexx urge, I said male sexx urge is higher than that of female. The rate of ra;pe cases acted by men is much more than female own, nuns also sleep around but we hardly read or see them on news because there own case is different from 'some' priest that want to have sexx by all means.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2013
tintingz: Are you saying these God chosen men are sinners?? Please show me where Jesus himself condemn their act.

God knew why he selected them, Adam never knew he's expecting a partner until when God told him.

Adultery is a sin, polygamy is not a sin but it is a sin when a man doesn't do the right thing and just between his wives.

And it does not occur to you that you will commit adultery before polygamy?

Yes, they were all sinners...

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God Rom 3: 23
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by bukatyne(f): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2013
coogar:

what he's trying to say is infidelity is different for men than it is for women. men are more susceptible to infidelity & a man can be very happy in a relationship and still cheat. it's extremely rare to find a happy woman cheating in a relationship. women mostly cheat because they lack one or two things in their relationship.

men cheat because they can - they don't have to miss anything in a relationship to cheat. as a matter of fact, men do really love their partners when they cheat because it's just about that 5 mins. men don't care about the girls they are cheating with - most of the time, they can't even remember her name or her birthday. he's just eager to scratch an irritating itch. grin

A man that cheats on his wife doesn't love her genuinely

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by greatgod2012(f): 11:29am On Nov 19, 2013
When men feel they are doing women favour for marrying you, then, something is wrong somewhere.
If a woman is a real woman, acts as a true companion to his man, add value to him in all ramification, he won't ever feel he's doing you any favour for getting married to you rather, he will feel favoured, blessed and fulfilled for having you as his wife.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2013
greatgod2012: When men feel they are doing women favour for marrying you, then, something is wrong somewhere.
If a woman is a real woman, acts as a true companion to his man, add value to him in all ramification, he won't ever feel he's doing you any favour for getting married to you rather, he will feel favoured, blessed and fulfilled for having you as his wife.
May God help us all.

I hail you oh . . .

So if a woman is being maltreated and treated unfairly it must be her fault undecided
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by coogar: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2013
chaircover: The irony is that most of the men who say things like "men are programmed to cheat" "its in their genes" bla bla bla. if their daughter came back to your house with her load on head crying that her husband was cheating, chased her out, got another woman pregnant, contacted a STD etc from her cheating husband, you will all call a family meeting and start chastising the man and beating your chests "how can he treat my precious daughter that way" . . . .Then you wont remember that he is programmed to cheat.

no one here said men are programmed to cheat. i said men are more prone to infidelity. whatever happens to one's daughter is her own cross. so will a father in law go to her daughter's house to beat up the husband because of infidelity?

Omo olomo lo she lu pa. Its easy to beat other children to death but give your own children breastt milk, forgetting that what goes around comes around. Shebi you all have daughters and sisters. undecided

when it's not arranged marriage....
she as an adult chose her hubby by herself - it's exclusively her responsibility. mine as a parent is to guide her from childhood & help her navigate & condition her mind to make the best decision for herself at all times. once she chooses her partner, my hands are off...

Mr Ohio tongue NO!!!! if you love your wife you wont cheat. Why because you know how devastated and hurt she will be if she finds out, and because there is no guarantee that she wont find out, you wouldn't even want to put her through that trauma.

this is the crux of the issue.
men who cheat still love their wife. stop looking at this from the female angle. we understand women who cheat don't/might not love their partners anymore but men are way different. a man can be happy in his relationship & still sleep with a housemaid.....

Plus the fact that you may think that you are in control You may want to scratch an itch but the woman may have other intentions and until that woman finishes you like what happened in Fatal attraction. Many of you are just sitting ducks and you will eventually bring the ish home to the same wife that you say you love very much. Why put her at risk in the first instance if you love her?

well - only a good swimmer should skindive into a deep blue sea. i don't care what the intention of any woman can be. i know how to take care of myself & so do many men. shout out to the sitting ducks & their stupidity of getting entangled with psychotic women.

You people make it sound as if men who keep it together have a gene missing somewhere instead of praising them.

many who keep it together do so in spite of the hormones in them. it requires a great deal of self control & other factors come into play as well.

And who told you that women only cheat because they have something missing? Realistically how many relationships are 100% perfect. There is always something missing!!!!! No one or any relationship is perfect, which means that everyone is at liberty to cheat and can give the "something missing excuse"

women only cheat because they lack something....it could be as minor as attention, material wealth, care, etc. a man on the other hand can still cheat even if his relationship is 200% perfect. that's the difference between males & females.

So for example my husband doesn't wear pink shoes and I like men in pink shoes, which means I can have an affair with my colleague who wears pink shoes cool Thank you!

and you will agree with me that if you like men in pink shoes, the first instinct is to tell your husband to wear pink shoes or get him pink shoes as a birthday gift & all is well.

with a man, you can get him 30 pink shoes and he will still cheat if he wants to. perfection or imperfection in a relationship does not stop a man from infidelity. this is why some have concluded every man will cheat if the opportunity avails itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by greatgod2012(f): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

I hail you oh . . .

So if a woman is being maltreated and treated unfairly it must be her fault undecided

No, that is not what i mean, it takes two to tango, no one should feel like he's doing anyone favour by agreeing to marry anyone, what i wrote up there is also applicable to men, when a man treats his wife well, add value to her in all ways, she will feel favoured for marrying him, but the man shouldn'n feel he's doing the woman any favour, spouses are suppose to compliment each other in every area.
That's my opinion anyway.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by coogar: 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
bukatyne:
A man that cheats on his wife doesn't love her genuinely

then you know nothing, absolutely nothing about men.
Re: Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
coogar:

no one here said men are programmed to cheat. i said men are more prone to infidelity. whatever happens to one's daughter is her own cross. so will a father in law go to her daughter's house to beat up the husband because of infidelity?

when it's not arranged marriage....
she as an adult chose her hubby by herself - it's exclusively her responsibility. mine as a parent is to guide her from childhood & help her navigate & condition her mind to make the best decision for herself at all times. once she chooses her partner, my hands are off...

this is the crux of the issue.
men who cheat still love their wife. stop looking at this from the female angle. we understand women who cheat don't/might not love their partners anymore but men are way different. a man can be happy in his relationship & still sleep with a housemaid.....

well - only a good swimmer should skindive into a deep blue sea. i don't care what the intention of any woman can be. i know how to take care of myself & so do many men. shout out to the sitting ducks & their stupidity of getting entangled with psychotic women.

many who keep it together do so in spite of the hormones in them. it requires a great deal of self control & other factors come into play as well.

women only cheat because they lack something....it could be as minor as attention, material wealth, care, etc. a man on the other hand can still cheat even if his relationship is 200% perfect. that's the difference between males & females.

and you will agree with me that if you like men in pink shoes, the first instinct is to tell your husband to wear pink shoes or get him pink shoes as a birthday gift & all is well.

with a man, you can get him 30 pink shoes and he will still cheat if he wants to. perfection or imperfection in a relationship does not stop a man from infidelity. this is why some have concluded every man will cheat if the opportunity avails itself.

I just went through your post and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever . . . no offence! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! / Please Help Advice Me In This Would-be Marriage Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.