Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? (14326 Views)

Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? / Messi Gets A Gun In His Face At Saudi Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by khattab02: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
tobiboss: To be reasonable, uraguay, japan and honduras, for those of you who don't undastand how d group stage works, d top 7 ranked teams are put in each group plus d host nation(brazil) therefore a country lik spain and germany can't b in dsame group
well said u korrect man.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by khattab02: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mickeysho: I prefer columbia Nigeria Japan bosnia.. Den if we qualify everything else will be one step @ a time.
group like this can never be possible! May be just may be.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Switzerland - pot 1

England - pot 2

Nigeria - pot 3

Iran - pot 4
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
1: SPAIN
2: GERMANY
3: ARGENTINA
4: ITALY

I'm not scared anymore. Nigeria do better when they got no chance to win

Nigeria home Population: About 190 Million
Nigeria Abroad Population: About 15 Million

This is not about drinking palm-wine or eating amala alone;
We got to fight with knives, spoons, sticks; anything....

Nigeria spirit is a winning Spirit

Never say die
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Iaz93: 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
USA
ENGLAND
RUSSIA

I'm sure Nigeria will beat these countries. More like defeating the world powers gringrinundecided

. . but I know we can't be drawn against them. Impossible.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Sike(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
Who cares! Bring on any a f*cking team. Them go hear am. Ibi to le lati n ba omokurin mehn.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Dominionng(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sepp360: If them qualify for this kind group, make i die!...
And no ask me why i nor dey patriotic, na football "reality" show i just yarn yhu so!...

Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by IAMBREEZY: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
BRAZIL
GERMANY
TAHITI
that's all.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
tellwisdom: Eyimba
hw many times i go teyu say smoking of "gbana" no dey do ur body well?
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by ddippset(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
PurpleHouse: As the FIFA world cup draw is fast getting close, which Team would you want the Super Eagles to be paired with at the World cup group stage proper? Mine is:
England
Argentina
Japan
i think we have a chance in a group like this, because, the opponents we meet will determine if or not we'll go pass the group stage. Let's see yours!
we couldn't come out when we had uruguay and tahiti. Na here we go from comot?
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by khattab02: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
One thing we must know is that pot 1 will contain 7 strong or ranked country including host Brasil. My top seeded countries include; Brasil Germany Spain Italy Netherlands Argentina England Ukraine/France or Usa. We must be ready to face any of these countries in the group.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by MaziOmenuko: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Since the groups will be made of teams of almost different continents;

Europe: Croatia
South America: Uruguay
Asia: Korea
Africa: Nigeria

Then we can go ahead and meet Ukraine at the 2nd stage: Chile at the quarterfinal stage: Portugal at the semis then Germany at the finals. By then, I'll expect Lahm to be out on injury; Reus suspended with double booking; Muller to have groin injury; Neur to have concussion; Alaba to have achillis; Ozil to have fracture; schweinsteiger to have dislocation; Gomez must have strained a ligament during the semis and kros to be unfit for the final.

Don't blame me for being overly patriotic cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by iamdsam: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
PurpleHouse:
There's one thing Keshi always tell his Players before a high Profile match: "you are as good or even better than your opponents" Man to Man, skills to skills, pace to pace, Eagles are good! But i still believe that kind of teams we face at the Group stage will determine our fate on the long run!
Taking into consideration that we haven't even invited majority of our good legs yet e.g. Haruna, Nosa, Aluko, Joel Obi, Ogbuke, Onuoha (I see him changing his mind before the world cup), Otigba, etc... plus training together for a long time before the world cup proper, i see a Nice world cup for the Eagles, but we still need a favorable group stage, especially now that FIFA and the whoole world knows what we are capable of. The World is Watching. Eagles can't Afford to fail.
Champions should be ready to face tough opponents. I don't even see any minors in the world cup. Any team can cause an upset. We should be ready to face any team in the group stage because we might still meet those teams in the nockout stage. The FIFA World Cup ain't the AFCON where you have minors.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by haibe(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Iran
USA
Netherlands
Nigeria

Quote me when the draw is done in December.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by haibe(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Since the groups will be made of teams of almost different continents;

Then we can go ahead and meet Ukraine at the 2nd stage: Chile at the quarterfinal stage: Portugal at the semis then Germany at the finals. By then, I'll expect Lahm to be out on injury; Reus suspended with double booking; Muller to have groin injury; Neur to have concussion; Alaba to have achillis; Ozil to have fracture; schweinsteiger to have dislocation; Gomez must have strained a ligament during the semis and kros to be unfit for the final.

Oga Alaba plays for austria jare...

Croatia don jah already, them no go world cup
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Johnnoo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
bad meat: Pakistan,afghanistan,soa tome and principe,Lesotho,undecided
Lmao!!! Must you always do this
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by ekenzify(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
ITALY
SPAIN
PORTUGAL

wink
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by madnigerian: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bosnia-Hercegovina

Honduras

Japan.

Chile
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by chukslawrence(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Argentina, Greece and South Korea
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by haibe(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
ddippset: we couldn't come out when we had uruguay and tahiti. Na here we go from comot?

you are one of those that still see football as mathematics or logic ..SMH!!.

If you want us to use logic, it means uruguay is better than italy since we drew with italy and uruguay won us..but it doesn't make sense cos football isn't mathematics.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by badmeat(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
PurpleHouse: ^^^
If u don't have something reasonable to say, u could have simply just walked to the next door and ease yourself of the shame of this smell of Bad Meat you brought here!
I don't give a FUQcheesy
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by madnigerian: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
ekenzify: ITALY
SPAIN
PORTUGAL

wink

You wan make us go out of first round with minus 25 goal difference?

1 Like

Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by haibe(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
mad nigerian: Bosnia-Hercegovina

Honduras

Japan.

Chile

there can't be five teams in a group
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
pls who can help me with latest unspired norton or any symbian hack?pls i m desperate. embarassedpls who can help me with latest unspired norton or any symbian hack?pls i m desperate.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by khattab02: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
One African country must face Brasil. So one should be ready ooooo...
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by madnigerian: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
chukslawrence: Argentina, Greece and South Korea

Argentina and South Korea will finish us off.....
And Greece....no easy walkover....
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pakistan
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by PurpleHouse(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Since the groups will be made of teams of almost different continents;

and The Coach to have Died of Heart Attack lol? Chai, una wicked O..
Nairaland! Badest Guys ever liveth

1 Like

Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by madnigerian: 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
haibe:

there can't be five teams in a group

Na so....any three out of the four.

But no Belgium, Germany, or Argentina...and definitely not Brazil, or any of the other South American country.
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Johnnoo(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
J0nyb0y: Brazil, Argentina, Spain..
Bros....Argentina & Brazil can be drawn in the same group
Re: Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? by Iceman296: 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
haibe:

Oga Alaba plays for austria jare...

Croatia don jah already, them no go world cup
Croatia Ain't Out of the Race, Last i checked they are Yet to Play Iceland In the Play off!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. / Saudi Arabia Vs Mexico: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 2 On 30th Nov 2022 / Osaze Blasts West Brom Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.