Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) (9167 Views)

Poll: Which of the two men is your favorite?

Will Smith: 41% (34 votes)
Denzel Washington: 58% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase / Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington / Chiwetel Ejiofor In Inside Man With Denzel Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by oyekumbi(f): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2008
My Denzal Washington lojokojo, (smiling)
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by vislabraye(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2008
Those are some pof the best artistes in Hollywood, But i think Will is more versatile. He does well in action , comedy and the likes. Just watch him in Ali. He was good. But its a close call between him and Denzel
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by iice(f): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

Like I said some people are just delusional *rolls eyes*

Loved it too. If you're good enough to be considered for a HBO movie, you got it made wink

He won an Emmy for that role right?
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by A40(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2008
chiogo:

@A-40, umm, role models?? Dunno bout that, lipsrsealed lolz. Anywayz, they're good at what they do so that's fine with me.
Lol i mean business wise they are both entrepreneurs whatever they do in private is so none of my business
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by chiogo(f): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2008
@A-40, aiight, got yu.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by A40(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2008
cool
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Corla(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hey The guy is cute but nt as skillful as Willlllll
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by chiegemba(f): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2008
They both shouldnt be compared @ all though cos "Denzel stands out any day/time wink smiley
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Orimili(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2008
This man can best and outclass either Washington or Smith in any role.

Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by KarmaMod(f): 12:59am On Jul 28, 2008
with just the few movies Chiwetel has done, I prefer him as an actor to Will

iice Mos Def was nominated for an Emmy & Golden Globe for "Something The Lord Made"

He won an Independent Spirit award for "The Woodman"
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by magentam(f): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2008
Will Smith vs Denzel Washington, oh cut the comparison they are both seasoned actors. Denzel is the most achiever right now because he has been in the movie industry longer and he is older than Will. It's like comparing Denzel Washington to Sidney Portier.

Sidney is older and the most achiever, having Oscars to his name and also the life-time achievement award too. That doesn't make him any greater than Denzel because they belong to different eras, so they are stars of their own times.

Great actors are like fine wine, the older they get, the better they become. The same applies to Morgan Freeman, Denzel will willingly take a bow for him any day,any time

So quit comparing and enjoy the flavour of each wine (actor). wink
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by A40(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2008
magentam:

Will Smith vs Denzel Washington, oh cut the comparison they are both seasoned actors. Denzel is the most achiever right now because he has been in the movie industry longer and he is older than Will. It's like comparing Denzel Washington to Sidney Portier.

Sidney is older and the most achiever, having Oscars to his name and also the life-time achievement award too. That doesn't make him any greater than Denzel because they belong to different eras, so they are stars of their own times.

Great actors are like fine wine, the older they get, the better they become. The same applies to Morgan Freeman, Denzel will willingly take a bow for him any day,any time

So quit comparing and enjoy the flavour of each wine (actor). wink
Fantastic post!! You made loads of sense nthere
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by dreams200(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2008
The guy Kev-d about summed it up excellently. However, I would also like to add my humble take on the dialogue from some other perspectives. I think that a comparison on who has the greater talent between both actors may be akin to comparing apples to oranges. Both entertainers ply their trade in entirely different genres, each of which requires distinctly different personality types. Will, is a go-lucky fun loving sort of guy while Denzel is a more introspective individual with greater intellectual depth. Wills natural niche or forte lies in light comedy where he is considered a master of the art. Will Smith starred in arguably the most hilarious sitcom ever produced on TV “The Fresh Prince of Bell Air” which ran for six seasons. Comedy in itself, let alone, comedy at that level - requires extremely high intelligence levels to keep people continually cracking up with laughter. Will was a brilliant student in his younger days and reportedly had the opportunity to get enrolled in MIT - a foremost college on this earth.

A defining difference between both entertainers is depth (call it maturity, intellect or whatever else you wish to call it). Wills personality lacks the depth of a Denzel, or a Morgan Freeman, Russel Crowe, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro or a Jack Nicholson.

I don’t think Will should venture into acting intense character roles; as he probably wouldn’t do so well in them and this would affect his career adversely. Besides, he is now too old to develop required traits for these roles

Tom Hanks for instance can act very convincingly in a wide range of characters and roles, and that’s the skills-set type the Oscars generally gravitate towards. But you can’t take it from Will, he is talented, and has been quite successful in three different entertainment areas: music, movies and comedy. However, when GREAT actors are listed, I doubt if he is reckoned with. His name only crops up when SUCCESSFUL entertainers are mentioned!

Why do you think Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Stallone, Schwarzenegger etc. are unable to bag the Oscars.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Akinagirl(f): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
They are both extremely good actors in their own rights. Now, I do not see a reason to compare them. Denzel and Will are very believable in the characters that they play. But Denzel is a legend. Will still has a long way to go.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Akinagirl(f): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
dreams200, I posted my reply before i saw yours, and I have to completely agree with you. They are both extremely good at what they do. Will with comedy, Fresh Prince Of Bel-air, and Independence Day, and Hancock, latest comedy movie. While he did play some really good drama roles as well; Ali and Persuit of Happyness. Had me crying. Denzel is more of the intellectual type, therefore his movies are based upon drama and intellect, not comedy. I honestly do not see him in a comedy role.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by dreams200(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thanx Akinagirl.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Sisikill: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
dreams200:

The guy Kev-d about summed it up excellently. However, I would also like to add my humble take on the dialogue from some other perspectives. I think that a comparison on who has the greater talent between both actors may be akin to comparing apples to oranges. Both entertainers ply their trade in entirely different genres, each of which requires distinctly different personality types. Will, is a go-lucky fun loving sort of guy while Denzel is a more introspective individual with greater intellectual depth. Wills natural niche or forte lies in light comedy where he is considered a master of the art. Will Smith starred in arguably the most hilarious sitcom ever produced on TV “The Fresh Prince of Bell Air” which ran for six seasons. Comedy in itself, let alone, comedy at that level - requires extremely high intelligence levels to keep people continually cracking up with laughter. Will was a brilliant student in his younger days and reportedly had the opportunity to get enrolled in MIT - a foremost college on this earth.

A defining difference between both entertainers is depth (call it maturity, intellect or whatever else you wish to call it). Wills personality lacks the depth of a Denzel, or a Morgan Freeman, Russel Crowe, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro or a Jack Nicholson.

I don’t think Will should venture into acting intense character roles; as he probably wouldn’t do so well in them and this would affect his career adversely. Besides, he is now too old to develop required traits for these roles

Tom Hanks for instance can act very convincingly in a wide range of characters and roles, and that’s the skills-set type the Oscars generally gravitate towards. But you can’t take it from Will, he is talented, and has been quite successful in three different entertainment areas: music, movies and comedy. However, when GREAT actors are listed, I doubt if he is reckoned with. His name only crops up when SUCCESSFUL entertainers are mentioned!

Why do you think Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Stallone, Schwarzenegger etc. are unable to bag the Oscars.

Gah! Too bad marriage between Human Beings and Words is not possible or I'd marry this post! grin tongue

Brilliantly Stated!!!
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Akinagirl(f): 1:17am On Aug 01, 2008
Your welcome Dream200.
And last poster, what does this have to do with the topic? You want to advertise something, please create a different thread for that. Thanks.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Siffre: 4:46am On Aug 10, 2008
What are u talking about!! how can a film be such a big hit with terrible acting and faulty plots.This is America and not home movies. There will always be exceptions to the rules and maybe transformers is just one of them. Will Smith i prefer but Denzel is still the bomb
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by AMIGO112(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2008
HI THERE GUYS AND GIRLS. I THINK THIS DW VS WS ISSUE ALL BOILS DOWN TO THE KIND OF MOVIES A PERSON LIKES.PERSONALLY I LIKE WILL SMITH MOVIES COS LIKE IT WAS SAID EARLIER SMITH TRYING TO BE SERIOUS IS EVEN FUNNY. DENZEL ON THE OTHER HAND IS A FANTASTIC CHARACTER INTERPRETER NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM SMITH, DENZEL IS BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO DEEP ROLES AS CAN BE FOUND IN DRAMAS AND SOME THRILLERS HOWEVER WILL SMITH CAN HOLD HIS OWN STRONGER THAN DENZEL WHEN IT COMES TO COMEDY OR ACTION. NO DOUBT DENZEL HAS BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN WILL BUT I THINK IN A FEW YEARS TO COME SMITH WILL COME TO PAR WITH DENZEL AND ULTIMATELY BE AHEAD. (WHAT A WAY TO SAY WILL SMITH IS MY MAN)
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by shotster50(m): 12:49am On Oct 19, 2008
Is it wrong to say I love them both?
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by Tranngirls(f): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2008
I love them both but Will Smith films has made more money
than ever Tom Cruise's films so it is not even close.
Re: Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) by oreshade(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2008
has any1 seen american gangster, mehn denzel is da bomb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Cut Down On Your Dstv Subscription / JOIN WAEC Candidates Whatsapp Group Chat By Examrelief / Ruthless Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.