Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,479 members, 7,958,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) (159246 Views)

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 7:16am On May 29, 2015
skimanski:

YES I DO

please do share the knowledge
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Qc1(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2015
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 30, 2015
Who knows about this material, and durability, I want to use it for parapet

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by cleric(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2015
allen0000:

Experts in the house, let us know o o. I am interested as well. The cost of aluminum parapet is ridiculous at 20k per square metre yet the weight of casted parapet is a concern.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2015
cleric:

Experts in the house, let us know o o. I am interested as well. The cost of aluminum parapet is ridiculous at 20k per square metre yet the weight of casted parapet is a concern.

Aluminum Parapet is better, because of the weight of this Material. It cannot hold the roof. To make it work involves a lot of technicality that might not be worth it after all. Its only best for locations where weight doesn't apply on it much.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2015
skimanski:

Aluminum Parapet is better, because of the weight of this Material. It cannot hold the roof. To make it work involves a lot of technicality that might not be worth it after all. Its only best for locations where weight doesn't apply on it much.

Does the aluminium parapet actually hold the weight of the roof? How? Please explain a little bit. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by segcymoor(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2015
cleric:

5k against 20k.......ridiculous if you ask me

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2015
segcymoor:

Seconded.. Precast still stands on the winning side with me on the cost... I could not believe it when they told me price for aluminium parapet.

Hajji M.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Dominionng(m): 10:38pm On May 30, 2015
allen0000:

That is Plastic Cornice Sir. Not something suitable.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 30, 2015
skimanski:

Is not Aluminum, I will post more pictures, you can even use the material for POp celling, Cornice and skating
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Dominionng(m): 10:53pm On May 30, 2015
cleric:

LIGHT WEIGHT?

Then the answer you seek lies in using POLYSTYRENE/STYROFOAM mould for your parapets. Light and also flexible.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Dominionng(m): 11:02pm On May 30, 2015
allen0000:

Is not Aluminum, I will post more pictures, you can even use the material for POp celling, Cornice and skating

That is what it's meant for. Falls under "DRY CONSTRUCTION"
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 30, 2015
Dominionng:

LIGHT WEIGHT?

Then the answer you seek lies in using POLYSTYRENE/STYROFOAM mould for your parapets. Light and also flexible.

You know what I am talking about and do you know how long lasting is this material

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 30, 2015
skimanski:

thank you and please what do you advise as i am a bit confused on what to choose, either pre-cast or this type i posted

God bless and thanks
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 2:32pm On May 31, 2015
allen0000:

thank you and please what do you advise as i am a bit confused on what to choose, either pre-cast or this type i posted

God bless and thanks

Precast is Better
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
skimanski:

Precast is Better

I sent you a mail last week but no response from you.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by cleric(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2015
segcymoor:

Yes sir, it is completely ridiculous and ludicrous. grin grin grin

allen0000:

Dominionng:

LIGHT WEIGHT?

Okay now I know. Always learning on this forum.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Dominionng(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2015
allen0000:

You know what I am talking about and do you know how long lasting is this material
Dominionng:

That is Plastic Cornice Sir. Not something suitable.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 6:27am On Jun 01, 2015
FastShipping:

I sent you a mail last week but no response from you.

Kindly resend email again Sir
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Scrooge(m): 7:14am On Jun 07, 2015
Skimanski - Any updated on your Lake View park duplex development? Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out?
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Scrooge:
Skimanski - Any updated on your Lake View park duplex development? Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out?

You are not alone in this. I have been checking here about 4-6 times per day to see pictures and satisfy my curiosity in the last one week but oga Skimanski just keeps holding on to his pictures. I am going to keep checking this space. I want to see the customized bathroom shower, kitchen, POP finishing, walk-in closet and wardrobe.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
# IKOTA VILLA ESTATE.

ELectrical Works on our IKota Estate Duplex.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
# LAKE VIEW ESTATE DUPLEX DEVELOPMENT

Update of Our Foundation Raft. (Wood Works & COncrete Works

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Filling works On-going

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
# OSAPA TOWN TWIN DUPLEX

External View Currently

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
Electrical Fittings and Kitchen Updates

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Arrival of Entrance GAte

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rubbing my palm.... grin grin grin
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Scrooge(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Update on Master's Wash Basin

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Let me take a sit and assess some pictures.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by bahardenus: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2015
Good morning,

I am interested in this.
Can you please show me the floor plans of this twin duplex?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (36) (Reply)

Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.