Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? (26777 Views)

Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Engineer1985(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2013
The whole team did very well. For the first time, I was proud of the super eagles. My man of the match is Dike, for scoring a goal and disturbing the Italian defence with his skills and dribbles.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Chrisx1x(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2013
class0247: woah...Nigeria just book a friendly match with England.....This is amazing i have always hope we play against our master
na ur mastor no b my own..abi u dey suffer frm advance colonial mentality?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Chrisx1x(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2013
Treasure103: I love Enyeama. He's d best. Wish I could plant a kiss on his lips. He did well,saved a lot. Mmmwaaah!!
d guy is married o..if him wife caugh u..na hot slap she go use take pancake ur face 4 u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by solidhomes: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2013
Enyeama. If not for him, the final scores would have been something close to 6 - 2.

#runsofftograbopaquegoggles
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by jazmartins: 10:53am On Nov 19, 2013
undecidedSeriously Nigeria is full of ungrateful stup*d motherf*cker fanz all they can do is to complain of wat their papa can't even do ,the question is rate player not to post bushit.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by russianmob27: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Watch Ukrainian Premier league and you would know what i am saying.....i dont like the guy though
Oludrex:

U were making sense till u claim ideye is a good finisher.. Finisher kor, Beginner ni
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by segbanky(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]I think the man of the match should go to ogenyi onazi because,this guy 've improve over time.Followed by the goalkeeper Austine Ejide who made tremendous saves also the likes of shola anuobi,Bright dike and victor moses should follow but for mikel obi,i think he is over hype becos he keep hold on the ball for too long as against how he played for his club side.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by robosky02(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2013
abeg make them recall OSAZE..................
THE guy get experince way him fit break oh
make we no waste am afterall him no bad pass Mario Baloteli
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Alakpoweri: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2013
LesbianBoy: Nigeria 2 Italy 2
Who did you think was the Man Of
The Match? Mosses is the man of the mach

***I made frontpage...... yippeeeeeee!!!!!!! Stands up and starts dancing etighi, azonto and skelewu all at once*** cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by striker9(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2013
chucky234: Onazi was flop of the match,too many errors for a modern DM in a single match.
Running around misplacing passes doesnt make a player man of the match,he never completed a single pass that put our strikers in sight of goal in 90mins yet Pirlo achieved more in less than 20mins.
Mikel and Onazi were poor,our strikers would find it hard to score goals in Brazil with such mids.
That's your own opinion,I think Keshi intentionally approached the game with 2 midfielders,he wanted Onazi and Mikel to feel more pressure,this will only make them better players and build more confidence against stronger team.He introduced Ogu to relieve the work load in the mid field since Oduamadi was useless.These guys played there heart out,they played against Italy not Tahiti.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by pazienza(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Double post.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by pazienza(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
chucky234: Onazi misplaced so many passes and thats one of the weakness of a DM,Xavi,Pirlo,Makelele,Seadoff,Ambrosini,Alonso will never misplace that much passes in a single game and thats why they are regarded as one of the greatest DM players in the world.
People who thinks Onazi was man of the match knows little about football,Ameobi lacked quality service from the midfield the whole time he was on the pitch yet managed to create the first go for Dike and coverted the only quality supply that came his way through Francis, thats a sheer brilliance and a match winning performance.
Ameobi is certainly the man of the match just as Goal.com and Skysports rated him their man of the match.
John Ogu made more impact the few minutes he was on the pitch than Onazi who lacked quality decision taking in the final third, Onazi was also responsible for the second goal scored by Giaccherrini and missed a sitter in the final minute of the match.

Nice analysis. Shola Ameobi was easily the man of that match, Nigerians don't want to see it like that, 'cause they are still bearing sentimental grudges for the guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by pazienza(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
shymexx:

I wasn't going to post a comment on this thread. However, I had to because of your comment. You're too harsh on Onazi. He was naija's best player on the field yesterday. The guy did his job perfectly and also did half of Mikel's job. Come on, he's human. Naija played 2-man midfield and Mikel was almost in ghost-mode for most of the match.

As for the Ogu guy, he's next to useless and overly aggressive. If it were a proper game - he would have been sent off. The ref was just a tad bit lenient on those guys.

However, I agree with the rest of your post. wink

Onazi didn't do any of mikel's job, i am beginning to wonder if we all watched the same match, don't know where you got the idea of mikel being in ghost mode from. Onazi mistake cost us a goal, he did well, but let's put things in proper perspective and stop the hyping already.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by kolo65(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
the super eagles played a better match with the italian than with ethopia
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by jonsyne(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Infact balloteli was not only the man of the match but also the men of the matches....played italy no7, italy no 9, n 9ja no 2. Nevertheless i vote dike in for world cup.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by oloriooko(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
[size=38pt]ONAZI[/size]
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Maduks88(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Shola Ameobi 4 me
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by Humphreydis(m): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
bastien: Onazi of course!!!!

See guys I gat something to say,there Is one player in the team that need to be show the exist door if only he will change his way,at this moment pride shouldn't come in,Ameobi,ambrose and Eyeama should for me be the ones doing the pride stuff and not Mikel,is he bcus he has won champions league n others,that doesn't count,Kanu won many and yet didn't play with pride,how about Pirlo or Xavi,this are complete midfielders,that when ever they are called,they Answer with honour and dignity to there country,and serve them well,we all saw what Pirlo did today,how he changed the game etc,Mikel doesn't seems like he wanna be in that squad,he romance the ball to much,and shading players like he is d strongest,(mean why,when he is in chelsea he doesn't do that,he play with the team and more offensive) after today match,Vincent Enyeama went to him,and give him world of advice!

Think,so one (elder) should talk to him!

Sorry if ma english bend
.....Sharrraaaap!...Guy u are just bitter about dis guy....he played absolutely well....u b id.iot!....d only reason enyena approached him was d way he ranted at d referee....am sorry ur bitter heart didnt allow u to see dis...hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by sholatech(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Shola Amoebi
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
wolegzy:

Benjamin Francis and solomon kwambe were our weakest links in the match. They both showed inexperience and weren't coming back to defend when they overlap.

Na wa. Benjamin Francis was defending almost the whole time in the second half. Look at all the time Cerci made an attempt, Benjamin was in front of him.
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
[size=88pt]OGEYI EDDY ONAZI[/size]
Re: Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? by chyke2014: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
yes stehen keshi is doing his best to reform the super eagle.they did us pride yesternight.but keshi still have something to do at defens.more grace to ur able.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCON : Ghana Dumped Out By Debutants Comoros In One Of AFCON Greatest Shock! / Dickson Nwakaeme Buys Range Rover For Wife (Photos) / Gothia Cup Draws In Ajegunle: Ex Super Eagle Stars, CAF & NFA Officials At Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.