Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,060 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! (1696 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / What's Your Internet Speed? / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by basking4me: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2008
ARE YOU USING INTERNET FOR YOUR BUSINESS?,

1. Are you Complaining of the speed of your internet service
2. Is your internet broadband speed more like snail broadband?
3. Is your Server/Router/Internet sharing PC not catching (caching).
4. Are you tired of using free email addresses that don’t make clients trust you or your business, like yahoo?
5. Does your DHCP server malfunction, or your proxy don’t work properly, your download speed a mess.
6. Or you just don’t know what’s wrong with your network and you suspect its your ISP that’s the problem…

I have a solution for you.
Introducing the Ultimate Complete Internet Linux Server BOX, '' The SME server''.
This box is so complete, there’s no need for any other services server running, well apart from your ERP/CRM/Accounting servers if you know what I mean.

These are the Features of the SME Linux-BOX;
• DHCP, Port Forwarding, Cache, Squid, remote access, VPN, antivirus, proxy server, print, DNS, Database Server etc.
• Your personalized domain Emailing system.
• Local Network, Firewall/ Workgroup Management
• Internet Restrictions/ Access List Management.
• Windows user interface. Very simplistic.

This beautiful software will eradicate your internet troubles and ensure it deposits the exact budgeted bandwidth by your ISP to your network.

IT & Network Engineers (my people) will be getting the Software on CD (Free) with installation Manual for N4,500. I will also be available to support you during installation (which will be offline. Like I said it’s quite easy to setup for Network guys). I will also give you the server hardware requirements and help you with optimum installation setup.

However if you’re a Business concern and want us to come to do the installation for you, it will cost you N230,000.00 to setup as we will be coming with a preconfigured P4, Dual 80GB HDD and Dual 1GB memory Linux system (CPU only with option for tape drive) to install on your network. This charge is exclusive of all other charges.

Payment Details: Wale Ketiku, Oceanic Bank: 0470001009736 (Marina Branch)
Zenith Bank: 6024037736 (Abeokuta Branch)

We also sell reliable Broad Bandwidth and VSAT equipments (Modems, BUCS, Dishes and Cisco Routers etc).
Reach me on 08055824984 or email: ayocatty@yahoo.com
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by dnative(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2008
basking4me:

4. Are you tired of using free email addresses that don’t make clients trust you or your business, like yahoo?

We also sell reliable Broad Bandwidth and VSAT equipments (Modems, BUCS, Dishes and Cisco Routers etc).
Reach me on 08055824984 or email: ayocatty@yahoo.com

How ironic. Seems you have not fully benefitted from your own solutions.  cheesy
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by basking4me: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2008
Thank you for your response and observation.

I have been using yahoomail and other free emailing systems just like most of us have had to at one time or the other.

I do not give out my personalised email addresses on public forums. The essence for having a personalised email address is for one to be able to monitor and manage mails and prevent spamming.

For my internet business that is run online, marketing is done on a free host (yahoo & gmail) however when the business starts having clients, such people will be moved to the more secured and personalised email.

If you doubt the fact that I have one, send a private mail to me and I will use my personalised email to reply you. it has the combination of my first and surname together, I have other ones too.

Main reason I dont give them on public forum is to prevent spams.

It was quite thoughtful of you to have noticed it, thanks.

[center]So can we get back to selling my solution[/center],

Wale Ketiku
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by dnative(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2008
Impressive.

At least you took the criticism in a constructive way without throwing insults back. Unlike some folks on this forum.

I'm sure you're already on the way to capture your target market if you keep this up.
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by Thanuja: 1:14pm On May 21, 2011
I dont have such problem , speed of my internet is quite fine .
Recently i checked my speed here http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ it very helpful for me to know my internet speed & it provides the following result .

Upload speed : 1.96 Mb/s
Download speed : 0.73 Mb/s

the results are astonishing ,
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by vaengaiven: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2012
It's nice sharing,
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by lifestyle1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2012
Thanuja:

I dont have such problem , speed of my internet is quite fine .
Recently i checked my speed here http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ it very helpful for me to know my internet speed & it provides the following result .

Upload speed : 1.96 Mb/s
Download speed : 0.73 Mb/s

the results are astonishing ,

Which ISP are u using ?
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by Maleeq(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2012
Mb/s and not MB/s. . .your 1.96Mb/s translates to approximately 250KB/s; maxxed out!

Nothing spectacular. . .thats about the average ISP provision we get in Nigeria.
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 07, 2012
The internet connection (mtn or etisalat) is very slow in my area the connection is 256KB/S
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by nateevs(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2012
Stop expressing speeds on the wire using Bytes for pete's sakes. Speeds are generally expressed in bits per second.
Re: Why Your Internet Speed Keeps Dragging! by raghubodi: 11:21am On Feb 09, 2012
Hi thats nice information, good to learn and know about the best thing in web development,

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks 1x Modem Problem / Huawei E586 Mifi Probelm / Laptop For Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.