Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 (18767 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by naptu2: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=14pt]Ghana football team in Cairo for Egypt World Cup playoff[/size]

Ahram Online, Monday 18 Nov 2013

The Black Stars land at Cairo Airport early morning for the anticipated World Cup playoff against Egypt Tuesday

The Ghanaian national team arrived in Cairo early on Monday for the anticipated second leg of the Africa World Cup playoff against Egypt at the Air Defence Stadium Tuesday, 18:00 CLT (GMT+2).

The Black Stars – who held a training camp in Turkey amid their preparation for the decider – are more comfortable than the Pharaohs, having won 6-1 in Kumasi last month.

In addition to the players and the technical staff, the Ghanaian delegation combines 30 officials and 600 fans to support their national team.

The delegation arrived at 3am – an hour and a half after their scheduled time – and was received by the Ghanaian ambassador, who led their welcome reception at Cairo International Airport.

"I am so happy with the security at Cairo Airport and I thank the Egyptian authorities for finalising the procedures quickly," Ambassador Said Sinare told the press at the airport.

Ghana had last month requested the FIFA relocate the game to a neutral venue, citing the North African country's critical security and political situation. Last week, however, the Ghanaians' worries gave way to expressed satisfaction over security measures in Egypt.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/6/52/86778/Sports/National-Teams/Ghana-football-team-in-Cairo-for-Egypt-World-Cup-p.aspx
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Polio: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
Absolutely feel sorry for Egypt.. These two sides should never have been drawn together cry

Egypt wont be overturning the deficit i am afraid.

They didnt bring their A-game to Ghana a few weeks ago, if not, they could have been preparing to book tickets for Brazil 2014 tonight

Those two heavyweights are needed in Brazil to represent Africa.

Very unfortunate pairing

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2013
'Like' this post if you think Ghana will demolish Egypt/qualify for the world cup.

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by naptu2: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=14pt]Egypt - Ghana Preview: Essien & Co. take emphatic lead to Cairo[/size]

A 6-1 thrashing in the first leg means Kwesi Appiah's men have all but qualified for the World Cup finals but Bob Bradley's side will be eager to restore some pride

By Dom Farrell

Only a minor miracle will prevent Ghana from booking their place at the 2014 World Cup when they meet Egypt on Tuesday.

Progress to the finals in Brazil appears to be a mere formality for Kwesi Appiah's men, who made light of a tie billed as the tightest of Africa's concluding qualifying phase with an emphatic 6-1 win on home soil last month over a side who had not dropped a point in the group stage.

Asamoah Gyan set the ball rolling with a fourth-minute strike in Kumasi and went on to net a double – once again confounding Egypt coach Bob Bradley, whose USA team he dumped out of the 2010 World Cup.

Bradley has kept faith with almost the same squad that were subjected to humiliation last time out, although Al Ahly's Abdallah El-Said has made way for Zamalek's Ahmed Eid and Sherif Abdel-Fadil gets the nod over Hull City's Ahmed Elmohamady.

Only a truly improbable turn of events will give Egypt any hope of turning the tie around, and the focus in the build-up to the match has been upon safety fears.

Ghana's FA this week declared themselves satisfied with the security arrangements made by their Egyptian counterparts, having previously asked for the match to be moved away from Cairo.

Their statement came after Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien underlined the issues himself and his team-mates have with playing in the Egyptian capital, in the wake of continued unrest in the country.

"I am not afraid or scared of the Egypt team," Essien said. "But I am frightened to play in Egypt because of the on-going fights over there.

"We have nothing to do about that because we are told to play in Egypt and we will do just that."

In ominous news for Egypt, Ghana appear to be stronger on paper than they were first time around, with star man Kevin-Prince Boateng back in contention following a knee injury.

And, despite the distractions, assistant boss Maxwell Konadu insists that the visitors' minds are fully on the job.

"So far, so good in camp," he said. "The atmosphere is very good and everybody is in a good frame of mind.

"Initially we were not sure it was too good (playing in Cairo) but after a few meetings and advice, we think where we are going to play the match is very secured and removed from the trouble spots."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/124162/egypt-vs-ghana/preview
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by chriskwaku: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2013
CFCfan: 'Like' this post if you think Ghana will demolish Egypt/qualify for the world cup.
shocked shocked we dont want to embarass them again so it would be a 2-2 drawn game.
Brazil here we come shocked
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Keemy88(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
naptu2:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/124162/egypt-vs-ghana/preview

Ghana Don win already even playing the match with their second eleven!
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by sCun: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
This match has no business on Nairaland front page. Why weren't Cameroon and Ivory Coast's matches here?
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by kennyonthrone(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
D name of dis game na 2 fulfil all righteousness season 2
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Burger01(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
CFCfan: 'Like' this post if you think Ghana will demolish Egypt/qualify for the world cup.
I don't have to 'Like' your post. Ghana demolished Egypt in the first leg of play in Kumasi last month. The two teams shouldn't have been paired. What a calamity for Egypt.

angry

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Psychedelia(m): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Who dey watch kwanu? What's the point?

Ghana don qualify be say Ghana don qualify... Unless Egypt scores 5 unreplied goals, which is preeeeetty unlikely.

I'll be watching Germany sodomizze England without Vaseline tonight instead.
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by emmanuel4758(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
gaynians 0 egypt 7 grin
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by kennyonthrone(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
sCun: This match has no business on Nairaland front page. Why weren't Cameroon and Ivory Coast's matches here?
Cameroonians nd ivorians no d visit Nland kuz dem no d understand Oyibo
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by chriskwaku: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ghana and our neighbours Burkina faso would beat the north africans today. I want to see Bance at the world cup mehn
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by BabaFearNoBody(m): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nah Ghana go wiN this match.

I'm sorry egypt,even pharaoh can't survive this.

Clear d road!
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Not ruling out an egypt possibility.
may the best side win cool
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by 360command: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Standing while putting my hands on my chest reciting 'GOD BLESS OUR HOMELAND GHANA'..................

En Deau nous croyons (In God we trust), i want Ghana to take victory, at least struggle with them for a draw. Make West africa proud.

I am impress on what the Nigerian team played yesterday in its international friendly's with Italy but i am also confident that the Black stars of Ghana would also make Africa proud this 2014.

Cheers to Brazil 2014 !

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by 360command: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
chriskwaku: Ghana and our neighbours Burkina faso would beat the north africans today. I want to see Bance at the world cup mehn

Seriously, I also want the Stallions to make it through.. I believe they have what it takes , considering their performace during the AFCON and matches after .
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by chriskwaku: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
careytommy: Not ruling out an egypt possibility.
may the best side win cool

there are surprises and come backs in soccer, but egypt beating us 5-0 . mehn that would be something else
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by femi4: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
sCun: This match has no business on Nairaland front page. Why weren't Cameroon and Ivory Coast's matches here?
Cameroon and Ivory coast matches were not the matches to look foward to from the fixtures. The star Match remains Egypt vs Ghana

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by chriskwaku: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
360command:

Seriously, I also want the Stallions to make it through.. I believe they have what it takes , considering their performace during the AFCON and matches after .

they have got some good players.I see 4 west african nations at the mundial
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Viewing this topic: NosoChic, yawkusi, blackmiamy,
chriskwaku and 13 guest(s)
This poo shouldn't be on fp, nobdy gaf.
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by 360command: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
gcfr.com:
Viewing this topic: NosoChic, yawkusi, blackmiamy,
chriskwaku and 13 guest(s)
This poo shouldn't be on fp, nobdy gaf.
guy go sleep
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
GAYNA 0 EGYPT 13
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by ninja4life(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
rigormortis: GAYNA 0 EGYPT 13
a verry useless post

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Akosbaba(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
chriskwaku:

they have got some good players.I see 4 west african nations at the mundial
if they do qualify,it will be 5 West African teams going to the world cup.
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by chriskwaku: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
Akosbaba: if they do qualify,it will be 5 West African teams going to the world cup.

i understand Cameroun is in central africa or?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Sagamite(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2013

person, why do you think it has no business on Front Page?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by obi123: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
kennyonthrone: D name of dis game na 2 fulfil all righteousness season 2

lol!!!!! as in no be small
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by obi123: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Psychedelia: Who dey watch kwanu? What's the point?

Ghana don qualify be say Ghana don qualify... Unless Egypt scores 5 unreplied goals, which is preeeeetty unlikely.

I'll be watching Germany sodomizze England without Vaseline tonight instead.

ouch!!
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by DeBamenda(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Akosbaba: if they do qualify,it will be 5 West African teams going to the world cup.

Cameroon IS NOT in West Africa.

Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country? https://www.nairaland.com/697148/why-english-speaking-brothers-think/4#19623166

[size=15pt] ![/size]

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by MillionDollars: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
egypt shld kukuma withdraw d match or b disgraced 2nd time
Re: Egypt Vs Ghana - World Cup Play-off (2 - 1) On 19th November 2013 by Youngsage: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Honestly speaking o there is no point in them playing this match, FIFA should have cancelled the 2nd leg immediately after the 1st, Ghana was actually the first African country to qualify for world cup, ahead of Nigeria.
FIFA should convert it to a friendly match.
What I am trying to say is that there is NO way Egypt will score 6 goals against Ghana today. [s]Though it is said that in football anything can happen[/s], this match is an exception. What will happen is already known, ghana will just widen the aggregate margin, like someone has said it is to fulfil all righteousness. Sorry if I hurt anyone but this is just the fact

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Musa Told Me He Didn't Beat His Wife' - Amaju Pinnick / Daniel Amokachi Teases Ghana Ahead Of Clash With Super Eagles / Solskjaer To Remain Manchester United Manager Despite Liverpool Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.