Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? (7936 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ the topic
simple
ABACHA
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2008
Eziachi:

Don't make me laugh, tell me any nation on this earth that doesn't have a GSM NETWORK? If GSM is his handiwork or achievement, you and I knew that Nigeria will NEVER HAD got one. How granting a license to foreign companies stranslated into his achievement is beyond belief. Even Somalia has GSM before Nigeria. If OBJ gave Nigerian GSM, then George Bush or Tony Blair will claim to give their people the iPod.
Nigeria is all their history has never witness a sunny period due to leadership excpet
Awolowo as Western premier
Okpara as Eastern premier
Ahmadu Bello as Northern premier
PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Abi ooo!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ the topic
simple
ABACHA
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ifyalways(f): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2008
worst= ALL
best= YET TO COME cheesy
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Epiphany(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2008
Amazing. I did not see MKO's name anywhere or Utomi or Okotie or,
Are we not emotionally and favourably disposed towards these people? Or do we think they would have been like the others! wink
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by trulyopal(f): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2008
ABACHA
yes we all know he looted, but there was economic stability, security and obvious developments(PTF).
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by faoni572(m): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2008
What about Muritala Mohammed he was the best president by a mile but only lasted six months before he was assasinated him during a botched coup

Muritala Mohammed was the only president that had good vision for Nigeria, trust Nigerians, they didn't allow him to succeed, he was assasinated!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by ayomifull(f): 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
Pataki:

Did we ever have a President?

I cannot recollect any at all. undecided

grin
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by kemofash20: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2008
really i cant tell u the best presiden nigeria has ever had but i can certainly tell u the worst it is ALHAJI MUSA YARADUA
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by iseobio(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2008
Even if Nigeria were to have the best President will the Governors, LG chaimen stop looting the treasury? I think under this democratic dispensation, Nigerians should look at means of making the LG Chairmen and Governors more accountable before going for the best president.

I hate people giving Buhari/Idiagbon KUDOS because they instituted WAI. Every responsible goverment has the duty to clean the streets in a town , city etc. The duo were just forcing Nigerians to do what they were supposed to do even when the citizens had paid their taxes. There was no need for forced Environmental Sanitatiion Programme. I hated that scheme with such passion that I often broke the law. Most of the time I just use the time to sleep well or do other important things.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2008
Nigerians were paying taxes does not exempt Nigerians from cleaning up their environments. I don’t know how life is on your end but because you pay taxes does not mean you do not have to clean up your yard, mow your lawn or make sure your house is in good condition. I lived in Lagos and even though we had state workers who took care of cleaning up the streets and the gutters, we were required to clean up our properties and no amount of taxes you paid, back then, was enough to get you out of doing that work.
Now, the current Nigeria needs such a program as we all know people are less willing to clean up their properties and even less, there taxes. Such a program at this time that forces people to pay, both taxes and clean up, would push development in a huge way in that country today.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by DeepZone: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2008
Heads of State/Presidents Title Duration Party

James Wilson Robertson Governor-Gen 15 Jun 1955 - 16 Nov 1960 N/A

Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Prime Minister 30 Aug 1957 - 15 Jan 1966 NPC

Nnamdi Azikiwe President 1 Oct 1960 - 16 Jan 1966 NCNC

Major Gen Aguiyi-Ironsi Head Of state 16th Jan -jul 1966 Military

General Yakubu Gowon Head Of state 1 Aug 1966 - 29 Jul 1975 Military

General Murtala Mohammed Head Of State 29 Jul 1975-13 Feb 1976 Military

General Olusegun Obasanjo Head Of State 14 feb 1976-1 oct 1979 Military

Alhaji Shehu Shagari President 1Oct 1979-31 Dec 1983 NPN

General Muhammadu Buhari Head Of state 31st Dec 1983-27th aug 1985 military

General Ibrahim Babangida Head Of state 27 aug 1985-26 aug 1993 Military

General Sani Abacha Head Of State 17 Nov 1993 - 8 Jun 1998 Military

General Abdulsalam Abubakar Head of PRC 9 Jun 1998 - 29 May 1999 Military

Olusegun Obasanjo President 29 May 1999 - Friday, July 25, 2008 PDP

Musa yaradua President July 25 2008- Present PDP

[size=14pt]So, it means Nigeria only has 4 presidents on file.[/size]
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by iseobio(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians were paying taxes does not exempt Nigerians from cleaning up their environments. I don’t know how life is on your end but because you pay taxes does not mean you do not have to clean up your yard, mow your lawn or make sure your house is in good condition. I lived in Lagos and even though we had state workers who took care of cleaning up the streets and the gutters, we were required to clean up our properties and no amount of taxes you paid, back then, was enough to get you out of doing that work.
Now, the current Nigeria needs such a program as we all know people are less willing to clean up their properties and even less, there taxes. Such a program at this time that forces people to pay, both taxes and clean up, would push development in a huge way in that country today.

Cleaning up your house is not the duty of the bloody government to enforce. Even at primary school we were taught how to keep our environments clean. people who are conscious of their health should be able to clean their compunds every day and not wait for a particular day imposed by the government. if the goverment has a comprhensive program of collecting refuse, then people will clean their compounds and keep the refuse in the bins for collection. but when there is no such thing wht do you think they will do? After cleaning their compound, then the refuse still stays with them because the bloody government does not provide the serivces. the western world is clean not by environmental sanitation but because there is a regular program of refuse collection whihc motivates the people to clean their homes and store the refuse in bins knowing they will be collected. No sane human being likes living among refuse. it is because the government neglects the people.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2008
iseobio:

Cleaning up your house is not the duty of the bloody government to enforce. Even at primary school we were taught how to keep our environments clean. people who are conscious of their health should be able to clean their compunds every day and not wait for a particular day imposed by the government.
Like I mentioned in my previous post, in Nigeria, that is the attitude we take, but if you happen to live in any of the developed countries out there, you will be forced to drop that perception as you are likely to get fined over and over for not cleaning up.
iseobio:

if the goverment has a comprhensive program of collecting refuse, then people will clean their compounds and keep the refuse in the bins for collection. But when there is no such thing wht do you think they will do?
I am not sure how much you remember of life back in the 80’s in Nigeria. The government, before Buhari took office had a comprehensive plan of the sort but Nigerians still littered the streets and their environments. So saying having one means the other will happen is not the reality in Nigeria. We know that because we have lived through such and already know our people do not respond that way.

iseobio:

After cleaning their compound, then the refuse still stays with them because the bloody government does not provide the serivces.
This only started to happen AFTER Buhari regime was over and the new man did not see it necessary to continue the program in the same manner as the man before him did. So the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other here.

iseobio:

the western world is clean not by environmental sanitation but because there is a regular program of refuse collection whihc motivates the people to clean their homes and store the refuse in bins knowing they will be collected. No sane human being likes living among refuse. it is because the government neglects the people.

Nope… The western world is clean because of environmental sanitation geared programs in place and also penalties for homeowners who refuse to abide by the man sanitation laws. Home owners need to keep their lawns trimmed and their yards clean or risk being fined and possibly getting jail time. Compare that to our old environmental sanitation model and you might see some similarities and why it worked for us back then.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Amjustme: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Deepzone

We are getting there,when we have like 10,we'l post this topic again and assess.

For now Nairalanders,am the last and iv closed this thread.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by lekanjohn(m): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2009
Sincerely speaking,when it comes to good Administration and Implementations through quality cabinet ,I think OBJ is second to none.Personal issues,third term Agenda and the Military traits in him,really stained his good works. No one is perfect except God.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by udezue(m): 11:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
none
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Igbanibo: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
The best we had for me was Mahammadu Buhari, and the best we never had was Awolowo.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by cleakoms: 12:46am On Feb 01, 2011
Awolowo was never a president .though he was the best strategist and leader Nigeria has ever produced. He was only able to use his intellectualism in the western region.
I know the ibo's hate him because he stopped the Biafra , sorry about that but he did the right thing

Best regime so far was buhari Idiagbon, all others were jokers, worst were sagari, babangida, abacha and Musa
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by okunoba(m): 3:29am On Feb 01, 2011
@Kobojunke, no one is beaten in the West for not cleaning up their homes, u must be living in some kind of make belief World, if u think that`s how they keep their environment clean. Have u never seen cleaners in the West employed by local governments to keep the streets clean? Maybe u need to open your eyes and see our modern cities keep their environment clean. I live next to a street market that takes place every day of the week, when it closes for the day, paid cleaners and their garbage trucks come in and clean the street to get it ready for the next day. This is the system that was needed, not beating people to do what should have been the responsibility of the government. 

Did Buhari tackle the problem of no water, no electricity, bad transportation system, bad tele communication system, bad schools, police brutality, unemployment and the many problems Nigeria was facing at the time and still facing today? Did the beating and killing of poor Nigerians by the Buhari Govt solve all these problems?  These are the issues we should be looking at, miss Kobo.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by chrissy3(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2013
In as much as we say the military regime was cruel,it was by far better.Nigeria was extremely strong military wise 1 think btw 1 and 2nd in africa,our economy was number 1 and d currency was a worldwide juggernoth.crimes where less and moral values still existed cuz good schools were available.Nigerians travelled abroad easily because the country performed so that gave our citizens respect.Today we have thieves as leaders,youths as scammers and prostitutes,hyper inflation,dead schools etc.from observation I would say abacha and buhari bt abacha 1st choice.PS he was harsh cuz dats d nature of a military officer,pose fear to gain loyalty or you die early.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by anulaxad(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2013
superstan: ibrahim badamosi babangida. cool

YOU ARE 100 PERCENT RIGHT BUT YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW WHY,

THE GUY WHO SAVED US FROM ABACHA,NOW THIS GUY MAY HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY CORRUPT BUT HE WAS THE ONLY NIGERIAN
WHO FOCUSED ON ONE THING I CARE ABOUT THE MOST:INFRASTRUCTURE(URBANIZATION).
WITHOUT HIM NIGERIA WILL PROBABLY BE IN A DISCRETE POPULATION EXPLOSION.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Pygru: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
Awolowo
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by IleIfe2(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
willy*2:

Obafemi Awolowo de Backstabber and War Criminal

are you that guy with a failed music career?

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gideon Orkar
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Willy4Willy: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
obiem: According to Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, it's Obafemi Awolowo,
Ojukwu was just making Mockery of Awolowo.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Orjioorji(f): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Bolarge: Obafemi Awolowo.
Obafemi was never a Nigerian president and will never be except in hell. But l think Obasanjo was and we cannot conclude on Gej still counting.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gamine: lol,
@Manmustwac

i heard of that, men it must have been blissss
It is unbelievable how people fantasize about medieval times. My dear, those things may appear cheap BUT even then, it took so much hardwork and toiling day and night to earn those little money. Today is far better than those days, irrespective of the parameter you use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
still no road, still no light, youths are still comming out of school with no prospect of employment,the poverty level is rising, housing problems are increasing...the question is has nigeria ever had a president ?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by DerideGull(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Are most Nigerians shamefully educated or stupidly induced by tribal bias? Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was not Nigeria's Heat of State or President.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had? by Dedetwo(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
ayomifull:
I grew up hearing complaint from generation to generation about how this president is not good and how that president is terrible. I was wondering if at any time Nigeria ever had a good president or if Nigeria has never been furtunate to have a good leader.

Who was the best president we ever had? Whose government was the best we ever had? Who was the best president Nigeria NEVER had and why or is it that we are just people that can never be pleased?

There is nothing such as a president "Never had".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awolowo's Letter Of Resignation To Yakubu Gowon. / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant / INEC Insists On Nov 6 Anambra Guber Poll Despite IPOB’s Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.