Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11480 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Very well, we should not be in a haste to discard anything. We should test it first.
Yes. The Word of God will confirm if it is true or not, with the help of the Holy Spirit. Atimes some prophecies are for an appointed time.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Paul says those in the five fold ministry are gifts to the church:

Ephesans 4:11-13
11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

So we are to test every spirit and let us be led right to the ministers that are of God.
I understand this, i was just presenting the direct opposite view of what the OP posted.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi: I did not in anyway talk about teaching specifically either.

what makes u feel whatever revelation you get about anyone is of God?
I don't feel, I often know. In very many instances, i check the Word if it is line with the Word. And it often comes because I was praying for the person in question.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
The practice of having a head in a church is a veritable one. The problem now is what is this head appointed to do? The five fold ministry as we see in Ephesians 4 is a duty and not an office! They are to bring God's people to maturity!! If after years of discipleship, the people under a Pastor still need you to be "thus saying the Lord" to them, they cannot be said to have come to maturity and you have failed in your ministry.

This ministries are not instituted in the church in the sense of heading and that is why Peter warns against Lording it over the flock of the Lord; rather they are there to help God's people to grow.

Frosbel, asked earlier, who is daddy G O? In my article were criticized the 3KM by 3KM church auditorium the Redeemed Church is planning on the express (Lagos-Ibadan), I made it clear that if Daddy G O had been doing what he is supposed to be doing in all these years of ministering on the express, there will not be the need to continue to have people flock there every month for Holy Ghost night. The fact that he and others like him have failed in the ministry committed to hands, turning the ministry to a place where they are G O, more than a place were they should mature saints under them, is the reason why they need such a big auditorium today.

Christian ministry is service to the church and not a place to enjoy privilege or revel in position.

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:

11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

So we are to test every spirit and let us be led right to the ministers that are of God.

These gifts are not exclusive to certain individuals , they are for the entire church.

"This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people."" - Ephesians 4:8

"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." - 1 Peter 4:10

They are not leadership positions , they are offices used to serve the body of Christ.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:

11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

Nice quote ma'am. The true test actually comes from four points i noticed.

1.Those in a position of authority over God's people must not work to become great ministers or great ministries.

2.God did not call the fivefold to be kings but servants.

3. The purpose of the fivefold is to put saints into their ministry.

4.The position of ministry is to be teachers and instructors in the king's house.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I get you. The original post was not talking in essence about teaching , he was talking about if a prophet says. I can get a revelation as about the problem some one is facing for whom I have been interceding. That does no harm. No one should teach on what any one feels but what is in the Word.

I did not use the word prophet , however most prophecies in early church were for the general benefit of the church and not directed at individuals. And these prophecies were made in the open.

No man should stand in the place of Jesus in another man's life, let Jesus do the leading.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=Bidam]Nice quote ma'am. The true test actually comes from four points i noticed.

1.Those in a position of authority over God's people must not work to become great ministers or great ministries.

Wrong.

No believer is in authority over another believer.

2.God did not call the fivefold to be kings but servants.

fivefold is for all believers , not special few.

3. The purpose of the fivefold is to put saints into their ministry.

Yes, I agree.

4.The position of ministry is to be teachers and instructors in the king's house

I partially agree, all believers have a ministry and must exercise that ministry , not at the calling of the pastor but at the leading of Christ.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I understand this, i was just presenting the direct opposite view of what the OP posted.
I get you. It is for those who claim they need no assistance from these offices.

@Frosbel,
For those who decide to stir up the gift of God in them will do it for the church. Not all have these gifts for not all are teachers or prophets and some are still babies or babies who refuse to grow and still need to be pushed for the whole aim is to grow mature men.

@Bidam
Ofcourse. Thanks. Jesus came to serve as well and all these offices are for service and have responsibility.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:

@Frosbel,
For those who decid to stir up the gift of God in them will do it for the church. Not all have these gifts for not all are teachers or prophets and some are still babies or babies who refuse to grow and still need to be pushed for the whole aim is to grow mature men.

Absolutely, if we do not stir up the gifts they will be of no value to anyone.

However, one of the main reasons why many believers are immature is because of the clergy / laity divide. In other words the 'baby' believers remain in the pews because they get the impression that the pastor and his team possess all the special gifts and so must be listened to , followed and obeyed.

The moment we tear this class system down of clergy and laity, there will be nowhere for anybody to hide, everybody must have and operate a ministry.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Demainman1: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Why then does the Holy Spirit interprete the bible different for different individuals? for example;

Oyaks say self service is not a sin, another anointed mog will say it is a sin (both under Holy Spirit)
One mog say it is ok to have 'thus say the lord' mog, while another one says it is not right (Both operating under Holy Spirit)

Are there different types of Holy Spirit? With which 'Holy Spirit' do we test these things?

Na wa!

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

I did not use the word prophet , however most prophecies in early church were for the general benefit of the church and not directed at individuals. And these prophecies were made in the open.

No man should stand in the place of Jesus in another man's life, let Jesus do the leading.
No man is taking the place of Christ, else he be an anti Christ. The whole thing you are saying is as though Jesus would not lead a believer through another believer.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
No man is taking the place of Christ, else he be an anti Christ. The whole thing you are saying is as though Jesus would not lead a believer through another believer.

and to the bolded I say :

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." - Romans 8:14

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I don't feel, I often know. In very many instances, i check the Word if it is line with the Word. And it often comes because I was praying for the person in question.

The bolded does it, as long as what you are saying is in line with the scriptures. I am sure your revelations would always mean that the person you are praying for gets comfort. We must know it isn't always so with God.

Agabus being a prophet also told Paul what wld happen to him in Jerusalem. If we were Paul, we might take such revelation as the will of God and stay put but the will of God for Paul was to go to Jerusalem and die.
Acts 21
13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” 14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demain_man: Why then does the Holy Spirit interprete the bible different for different individuals? for example;

Oyaks say self service is not a sin, another anointed mog will say it is a sin (both under Holy Spirit)
One mog say it is ok to have 'thus say the lord' mog, while another one says it is not right (Both operating under Holy Spirit)

Are there different types of Holy Spirit? With which 'Holy Spirit' do we test these things?

Na wa!

very good and valid question.

If we have ONE Spirit and ONE Body how come we have over 40,000 interpretations which has led to 40,000 plus denominations.

The bible says God is not the author of confusion, infering that the confusion is caused by the illegal rule of men over the church of GOD with their own desire to build a following.

"Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." - A[b]cts 20:30[/b]

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
Frosbel: No believer is in authority over another believer.

Hebrew 13:7
Obey your leaders, and accept their authority. They
take care of you because they are responsible for
you. Obey them so that they may do this work
joyfully and not complain about you. (Causing them
to complain would not be to your advantage.) GW
Obey your leaders and act under their authority.
They are watching over you, because they are
responsible for your souls. Obey them so that they
will do this work with joy, not sadness. It will not
help you to make their work hard. NCV
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=idnoble135]
[color=#990000]
Hebrew 13:7
Obey your leaders, and [b]accept their authority. [/b]

What bible are you reading as per bolded, grin

Read this :

Ray C. Stedman wrote the following in his commentary on Hebrews:

Several things should be noted about Hebrews 13:17 and 1Thess 5:12. The word "obey" comes from the Greek peitho, "to persuade." The present imperative middle form, used here, means "permit oneself to be persuaded," "yield to persuasion." It definitely does not mean to blindly follow orders. The phrase those who are over you in the Lord should simply be "your leaders in the Lord." There is no thought of being "over" anyone, or others being "under" a leader. The authority of a Christian leader is not command authority but servant leadership. A servant has authority, as Jesus said he had, because he awakens by his loving service a desire to comply. Or he is persuasive because of his logic or knowledge.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

Absolutely, if we do not stir up the gifts they will be of no value to anyone.

However, one of the main reasons why many believers are immature is because of the clergy / laity divide. In other words the 'baby' believers remain in the pews because they get the impression that the pastor and his team possess all the special gifts and so must be listened to , followed and obeyed.

The moment we tear this class system down of clergy and laity, there will be nowhere for anybody to hide, everybody must have and operate a ministry.
No. Many reasons why people are immature is because they refuse to study the word of God and stir up their gifts.
People don't study so how can they even be bereans? People don't even know the Word of God and the ministry of Jesus, so how do they even know if their ministers are following Christ as Paul said?
We have access to the Word of God and the bible, but how many study?
Laying blames at doorsteps is not my thing, let us look inward and purge ourselves of laziness in study then we will not be tossed about by every wind of doctrine.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:
No. Many reasons why people are immature is because they refuse to study the word of God and stir up their gifts.
People don't study so how can they even be bereans? People don't even know the Word of God and the ministry of Jesus, so how do they even know if their ministers are following Christ as Paul said?
Laying blames at doorsteps is not my thing, let us look inward and purge ourselves of laziness in study then we will not be tossed by every wind of doctrine.

The laziness is encouraged by the clergy and laity model which by the way is unbiblical.

Besides, taking everything ONE man says as gospel is the biggest risk the sheep of GOD face in the church today. If we go back to the plurality of elders model , where in the early church , they gently guided the believers , there will always be a check against abuse of position and power and the rooting out of heresy.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Laying blames at doorsteps is not my things, let us look inward and purge ourselves of laziness in study.
Beautifully said again............. if the pastors don't preach, teach and encourage many people will not grow. So through these teachings our faith is stirred up, we are admonished to study the scriptures and we become blessings to the church of God too. but some preachers do otherwise, they don't challenge or stir up any faith in you.... that's why as Christians we must learn to work out our salvation. don't depend on pastors, depend on the Word.

3 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

and to the bolded I say :

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." - Romans 8:14
Very well.
See this, Paul writes to believers in corinth and he is addressing contemporary issues they were facing. The same point i want to ask is this, the people paul was writing to were saints. Why will Paul write to give them direction if they simply should ask the Holy Ghost and could get the answer? In 1 cor 14:38, we read thus:
If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I
write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Here we see Paul, a believer, a human being who under divine leading is providing guidance to the corinthians.
Do you get this?

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Very well.
See this, Paul writes to believers in corinth and he is addressing contemporary issues they were facing. The same point i want to ask is this, the people paul was writing to were saints. Why will Paul write to give them direction if they simply should ask the Holy Ghost and could get the answer? In 1 cor 14:38, we read thus:
If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I
write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Here we see Paul, a believer, a human being who under divine leading is providing guidance to the corinthians.
Do you get this?

You nailed it with the word Guidance , not leadership - smiley
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

The bolded does it, as long as what you are saying is in line with the scriptures. I am sure your revelations would always mean that the person you are praying for gets comfort. We must know it isn't always so with God.

Agabus being a prophet also told Paul what wld happen to him in Jerusalem. If we were Paul, we might take such revelation as the will of God and stay put but the will of God for Paul was to go to Jerusalem and die.
Acts 21
13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” 14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.
What you are saying is the same thing I'm saying. Read the scripture again, it was only a confirmation of what the Spirit already told Paul. And no where did the prophet ask Paul to stay away from Jerusalem.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

You nailed it with the word Guidance , not leadership - smiley
Lol, we just talked on guidance as well as leadership. Did you not see your post which i quoted? It was in response to your post on guidance.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
[size=20pt]
Ray C. Stedman wrote the following in his commentary on Hebrews:

Several things should be noted about Hebrews 13:17 and 1Thess 5:12. The word "obey" comes from the Greek peitho, "to persuade." The present imperative middle form, used here, means "permit oneself to be persuaded," "yield to persuasion." It definitely does not mean to blindly follow orders. The phrase those who are over you in the Lord should simply be "your leaders in the Lord." There is no thought of being "over" anyone, or others being "under" a leader. The authority of a Christian leader is not command authority but servant leadership. A servant has authority, as Jesus said he had, because he awakens by his loving service a desire to comply. Or he is persuasive because of his logic or knowledge.
[/size]

Gbam! e.o.d!!

Jesus himself commended servant leadership by saying those who truly lead should be servants themselves.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
DrummaBoy: The practice of having a head in a church is a veritable one. The problem now is what is this head appointed to do? The five fold ministry as we see in Ephesians 4 is a duty and not an office! They are to bring God's people to maturity!! If after years of discipleship, the people under a Pastor still need you to be "thus saying the Lord" to them, they cannot be said to have come to maturity and you have failed in your ministry.

This ministries are not instituted in the church in the sense of heading and that is why Peter warns against Lording it over the flock of the Lord; rather they are there to help God's people to grow.

Frosbel, asked earlier, who is daddy G O? In my article were criticized the 3KM by 3KM church auditorium the Redeemed Church is planning on the express (Lagos-Ibadan), I made it clear that if Daddy G O had been doing what he is supposed to be doing in all these years of ministering on the express, there will not be the need to continue to have people flock there every month for Holy Ghost night. The fact that he and others like him have failed in the ministry committed to hands, turning the ministry to a place where they are G O, more than a place were they should mature saints under them, is the reason why they need such a big auditorium today.

Christian ministry is service to the church and not a place to enjoy privilege or revel in position.

How DARE u!? Have you seared your conscience this much?

That man has more than 1miillion brethren in Nigeria alone..not to talk of around the world. You think its by his power and might? You think its by his senses?

You that can't gather 20pple (or even ten) for a bible study class and yet you call him a failure.

Timothy had a lot brethren in his church in Ephesus..yet Paul was the GO of those churches...was Paul a failure?

Titus was a Pastor with Paul as the GO... Was Paul a failure?

What about Polycarp?
Apollos?

You don't understand ministry, you don't have to insult it and ruin yourself consequentially

Jude 1:10-11
Living Bible (TLB)
10 But these men mock and curse at anything they do not understand, and like animals, they do whatever they feel like, thereby ruining their souls.
11 Woe upon them!
For they follow the example of Cain who killed his brother; and like Balaam, they will do anything for money; and like Korah, they have disobeyed God and will die under his curse.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
What you are saying is the same thing I'm saying. Read the scripture again, it was only a confirmation of what the Spirit already told Paul. And no where did the prophet ask Paul to stay away from Jerusalem.

I never said the prophet told Paul to stay away. I only said anyone not sold out to the gospel of God would intrinsically think twice hearing they were going to die on the mission.

The truth remains that no man, no prophet sees from the angle God sees from. Someone might say they see you getting a job some where but they might not see the accident that might take your life on your way there.

Hence, when anyone say they see anything we can take it on board but such revelation should not automatically take precedence.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

How dare u!? Have you seared your conscience this much?

That man has more than 1miillion brethren in Nigeria alone..not to talk of around the world. You think its by his power and might? You think its by his senses?

You that can't gather 20pple (or even ten) for a bible study class and yet you call him a failure.

The people do not belong to this MAN , they are not his, it is unfortunate that they have submitted to a mere man instead of Jesus, no wonder there is so much confusion.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

The devil can give all these things too bro. The voice of the people isn't necessarily the voice of God.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

frosbel:

The people do not belong to this MAN , they are not his, it is unfortunate that they have submitted to a mere man instead of Jesus, no wonder there is so much confusion.
shdemidemi:

The devil can give all these things too bro. The voice of the people isn't necessarily the voice of God.

Thank you(s) jare!

I hope you can read Mr Gombs aka Tithe Collector cool!

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Demainman1: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

Do you know how many people support MANCHESTER UNITED, a mere football club?
Most of those followers have been beaten black and blue by Nigeria terrible situation hence they are merely looking for miracle from that man. Majority of them will have their hopes dashed after parting with their hard earned money. It is called spiritual 419 sir

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

I never said the prophet told Paul to stay away. I only said anyone not sold out to the gospel of God would intrinsically think twice hearing they were going to die on the mission.

The truth remains that no man, no prophet sees from the angle God sees from. Someone might say they see you getting a job some where but they might not see the accident that might take your life on your way there.

Hence, when anyone say they see anything we can take it on board but such revelation should not automatically take precedence.
Like I'm seeing double. Erm... Please explain the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Manna Still Falls From Heaven In Angola / The Nigerian Church Is Losing Its Purpose - By Ayobami Oyalowo (A Must Read!!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.