Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11481 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Boomark:

No. And you will not also think it is God brings the temptation by himself. It all ended in Permission because their is evil in the world already as Satan is saying that man will not serve Him because of the protection He gives. By that, our Faith in God is tested.

That is why it say, "Lead us Not into temptation but deliver us from all evil." "whenever you are tempted, do not say you are tempted by God."

John 3:16 is the Will of God and has never changed. The preaching for Christians to flee from sin will not make sense if God has already created some Christians to be faithful while He made some to fall.

If we remain in union with Him, His works will be made manifest in us.

Thank you for being genuine. We both agree no man falls into temptation or persecution without God's endorsement.
1 cor 10
13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; [b]he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond [/b]what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

What does that tell me, He permits whatever temptation/evil/ adversity. He also gives us that strength to endure through such difficult times knowing He has also prepared a way out. When there are no adversaries or adversities, you should fear that there would be no promotion.

Jesus must have conversed with the devil before telling Peter what devil was upto. He also knew Peter would fail the test but He prayed for peter to be stronger after the test.

31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

God says when you go through the fire, I will be with you. He never said I will take you out of it, we should know that in all situation God is aware and He is right there with us in the midst of whatever we call evil.

Why does he make us go through pain and difficult times even as Christians...

3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

In clear terms, we grow spiritually when we are weak and vulnerable physically. God wants us to hope for the day of His glory, if he gives us all we need here in absolute comfort we might not know Him as much as we should. As we are going through daily challenges, we can always hold on to the word patiently and Hope for that day of glory where challenges will be an issue of the past.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Ministers are suppose to proclaim the Goodnews and not become the news...We are ambassadors sent on a mission...representing Him. The message isn't for a Christian but for anyone coming into the faith. The gospel is the door today that makes one qualified to be a part of the body of Christ.

What is the Gospel?

Apostle Paul brought a message, a message different from legalism, a message that saves anyone who believe, a message that is the power of God, a message that broke all boundaries of race, a message direct from the Risen Christ, a message of God to the present church.

New International Version
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.

New Living Translation
Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it.

English Standard Version
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,

New American Standard Bible
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,

King James Bible
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Now brothers, I want to clarify for you the gospel I proclaimed to you; you received it and have taken your stand on it.

International Standard Version
Now I'm making known to you, brothers, the gospel that I proclaimed to you, which you accepted, on which you have taken your stand,

NET Bible
Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I teach you, my brethren, The Gospel that I preached to you, and you received it and you stand in it,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Brothers and sisters, I'm making known to you the Good News which I already told you, which you received, and on which your faith is based.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, brothers, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and in which ye stand;

King James 2000 Bible
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;

American King James Version
Moreover, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand;

American Standard Version
Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand,

Douay-Rheims Bible
NOW I make known unto you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand;

This is the message that gave birth to the present church.

This is where we stand as Christian, our haven where we found salvation.

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

New Living Translation
It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you--unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.

English Standard Version
and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

New American Standard Bible
by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

King James Bible
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You are also saved by it, if you hold to the message I proclaimed to you--unless you believed for no purpose.

International Standard Version
and by which you are also being saved if you hold firmly to the message I proclaimed to you—unless, of course, your faith was worthless.

NET Bible
and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And by it you have life in that message which I preached to you, if you remember, unless you have believed worthlessly.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In addition, you are saved by this Good News if you hold on to the doctrine I taught you, unless you believed it without thinking it over.

Jubilee Bible 2000
by which also ye are being saved if ye retain the word that I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

King James 2000 Bible
By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.

The gospel is of first and paramount importance. Many believe in so many things they cannot define but what we must believe in our heart to be qualified as part of the church is the gospel.

1 cor 15
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

That is the message, this is the good news that we were given to believe in our heart before we can be called Christians indeed and herald as Christians, any other thing comes secondary.

The actor, the star and the news is JESUS CHRIST and what he achieved on the on the Cross.

3 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:18am On Nov 25, 2013
^ I tried to fellowship with brother Frosbel yesterday so I can gradually show him up to the present time and dispensation of what the gospel is IN OUR TIME but I guess it didn't happen, that's why I started out with questions.

Many of us do not really understand what the gospel GIVEN OR PREACHED TO US, THE CHURCH OR CHRISTIANS really is. We understand from scripture, the gospel was preached IN EVERY DISPENSATION but is not the same gospel preached to us TODAY AND THE CHURCH even though the gospel IS ONE IN EVERY DISPENSATION.

The Apostle said in Romans 1:3-5, THE GOSPEL IS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. We then ask, what is it ABOUT JESUS CHRIST that we should be saying to the world that makes it a goodnews?

It is about what and everything he had done - through his death, burial and resurrection. I can go on and on to talk about what he did through his DEATH, through his BURIAL and through his RESURRECTION but no luxury of time but its all revealed to the Apostles.

This gospel is a whole topic on its own and because many of us don't understand what it is, many are not or don't preach the gospel. For instance, under the dispensation of the law, the gospel OF REPENTANCE is turn away from your sins or go to hell or perhaps, face God's wrath or judgement as you see in case of John the Baptist BUT under grace, the gospel of REPENTANCE is, goodness of God LEADS TO REPENTANCE.

We can't be telling sinners in the world to repent or go to hell anymore, but telling and reminding them, the goodness of God, that's what leads them to change of heart and turn away from their sins unto God, we tell them, God is not holding their sins against them anymore, they should come home to the father because the father had already held their sins on Christ. That's the goodnews.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
^ I am with you on this, really.

The Hindus, Muslim and other religion know and understand what they believe in. Only Christians who are suppose to have the very truth are confused about what the faith is saying.

It's shameful that many pastors, supposed Christians that have been for ages don't know the reason they have been called by God. All they want to do is draw out morals from every story. We are all so crazy about the gifts of the spirit but the main reason for the gift, we scornfully play it down. This is quite similar to the Sadducees and Pharisees who were custodians of the law but when the reason they studied came, they missed it completely.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
"For there are certain men crept in unawares . . . ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ" (Jude 1:4). undecided
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lemme buttress more a little.

The gospel preached to Abraham was "In your seed shall shall all the families of the earth be blessed...you shall be a father of many nations...etc". God never preached this gospel to YOU or ME but to Abraham. Yes, we can reference this as gospel preached but it wasn't preached to any of us because Christ is NOT the seed of ANY OF US.

The gospel preached to Israel that wasn't mixed with faith was gospel of the law - Bring me a sacrifice and I will bless you through the sacrifice but they never understood it. In the law gospel, some people began to understand God and mix the message with faith and walk in faith, and hence, we have the hall of faith in Hebrews 11.

If we can't see that the death, burial and resurrection of Christ MADE A CHANGE and difference, then we don't understand our gospel mandate. We mix the whole thing up and draw people away from God than bringing more to God. It's not as if we should go into the world and be saying to everyone "Christ died, was buried and resurrected..." but what his death, burial and resurrection delivered and gave and did for us. That's the ONE gospel given to us in this time and age.

So the Apostle can boldly say, "We PREACH Christ AND HIM CRUCIFIED"

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Galatians 3:8-9
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith ARE BLESSED with faithful Abraham.

Genesis 22:16-18
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And IN THY SEED shall all the nations of the earth be BLESSED; BECAUSE thou hast OBEYED my voice

Genesis 18 was the clinching point of the Faithfulness...note that I did not say faith but FAITHFULNESS of Abraham. Abraham was continuously faithful to God and OBEYING His voice and that was the reason God blessed Him. This was even before the law.

I Corinthians 10:1-5 tells us the Israelites were baptised unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea, they drank and ate the same spiritual food and drink from the rock that followed them, Jesus, but God was not pleased with them because of their lust. Even the below is another proof:

Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but THE WORD PREACHED did not profit them, not being MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it

The gospel has always been the same throughout generations:

God said the same thing to Adam...of all the trees you may eat except the tree of good and evil else in that day Adam will die....He expected obedience. Adam failed. Adam actually died that day for he was cut off from the tree of life and driven away from God's blessing and suffered a curse.

God said same to Abraham, Walk before me and be blameless and the ultimate was God's request for Isaac (his most precious) and Abraham Obeyed! Woooow! God had to swear BY HIMSELF! That all nations will be blessed in Abraham.

God kept that promise and said same to Abraham's descendants that they should Obey His voice and receive life but they failed. He gave laws meant to keep them in blessing and life but it brought a curse and death instead for they just couldn't keep it due to unbelief and many perished.

God promised the Israelites another prophet to speak again in Deuteronomy 18 and Jesus coming affirmed it. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Jesus expected His words to be believed for in it is life, health, abundance but many still don't even believe the words of Jesus as He predicted. John 5:42-43. His commission is the same preach the gospel and life and he who does not receive it is condemned already. He sent a helper for those who believe to enable them understand the mind of God...that is Holy Spirit.
That is the simplicity of the gospel. Life or death, blessing or curse.

God is longsuffering and still waits for the sinner to repent for He wants no one to perish but He won't toy with mans choice. Either OBEY God by the gospel unto life He has put before us or DiSOBEY and be left condemned. Mark 16:16.

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
The doctrine of dispensations explains it all.

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. - Ephesians 1

The challenge we have with Nairaland is that we have too many teachers and no one is ready to learn. All we need is for someone to come here and begin to recount some high sounding nonsense and his post will be filled with likes. More on dispensation:

1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. 13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. - Ephesians 4

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; - Hebrew 1

When I came to Nairaland to gain understanding on the subject of tithing, it was those who could explain that practice in the light of dispensations that helped me grasp the matter better. About that time I was reading a book by R B Thieme Jnr on DISPENSATIONS. He only mentioned tithing once or twice, but it explained everything.

There is no good student of scripture that will not notice that there was a distinct difference in the teaching of Paul and Jesus; and that of Christ and Moses. There is no other way to explain this than dispensations.

I truly hope we can find the humility behind those keyboards of our and learn.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
To take away the responsibility of MAN to make a choice between good and evil , between salvation and death , between God and Satan is to turn MAN into an inconsequential robot and truly makes a rubbish of the concept of salvation.

God has not created some for destruction and some for life, God is not unjust , he has provided equal opportunity for ALL to choose life or death.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
James 1:21-25
21  So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.
22  But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
23  For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
24  For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.
25  But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience).

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel: To take away the responsibility of MAN to make a choice between good and evil , between salvation and death , between God and Satan is to turn MAN into an inconsequential robot and truly makes a rubbish of the concept of salvation.

God has not created some for destruction and some for life, God is not unjust , he has provided equal opportunity for ALL to choose life or death.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

Are you sure?

Romans 9
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Candour(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
A very blessed and wonderful thread indeed.

I'm following patiently and humbly. grin grin

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
^^ wld be nice to read you here as well.

I believe in this inerrant, more-sure and in the infallible Book, and in the infallible God; and I ask any of you, who are distressed , and anxious, and tossed to and fro because of what some heretic or skeptic has said, to "walk in the light of The Lord " and to be perfectly mollified as to the revelation he has given us in his Word
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Galatians 3:8-9
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith ARE BLESSED with faithful Abraham.

Genesis 22:16-18
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And IN THY SEED shall all the nations of the earth be BLESSED; BECAUSE thou hast OBEYED my voice

Genesis 18 was the clinching point of the Faithfulness...note that I did not say faith but FAITHFULNESS of Abraham. Abraham was continuously faithful to God and OBEYING His voice and that was the reason God blessed Him. This was even before the law.

I Corinthians 10:1-5 tells us the Israelites were baptised unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea, they drank and ate the same spiritual food and drink from the rock that followed them, Jesus, but God was not pleased with them because of their lust. Even the below is another proof:

Hebrews 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but THE WORD PREACHED did not profit them, not being MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it

The gospel has always been the same throughout generations:

God said the same thing to Adam...of all the trees you may eat except the tree of good and evil else in that day Adam will die....He expected obedience. Adam failed. Adam actually died that day for he was cut off from the tree of life and driven away from God's blessing and suffered a curse.

God said same to Abraham, Walk before me and be blameless and the ultimate was God's request for Isaac (his most precious) and Abraham Obeyed! Woooow! God had to swear BY HIMSELF! That all nations will be blessed in Abraham.

God kept that promise and said same to Abraham's descendants that they should Obey His voice and receive life but they failed. He gave laws meant to keep them in blessing and life but it brought a curse and death instead for they just couldn't keep it due to unbelief and many perished.

God promised the Israelites another prophet to speak again in Deuteronomy 18 and Jesus coming affirmed it. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Jesus expected His words to be believed for in it is life, health, abundance but many still don't even believe the words of Jesus as He predicted. John 5:42-43. His commission is the same preach the gospel and life and he who does not receive it is condemned already. He sent a helper for those who believe to enable them understand the mind of God...that is Holy Spirit.
That is the simplicity of the gospel. Life or death, blessing or curse.

God is longsuffering and still waits for the sinner to repent for He wants no one to perish but He won't toy with mans choice. Either OBEY God by the gospel unto life He has put before us or DiSOBEY and be left condemned. Mark 16:16.

God bless you my sister. Let's hope that the antinomians will see the light and come to the knowledge of truth.

3 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you my sister. Let's hope that the antinomians will see the light and come to the knowledge of truth.

Bro, there is a difference between being a Christian and practicing 'post-modernism'. The same you that promote images and sensual experiences as the key and a link to God.

You pick verses of scripture carelessly to fulfil your lustful agenda. The scripture has never been the ultimate authority to you, you are part of what I call an 'emergent church'.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you sure?

Lets do some systematic debate.

Do you believe in an eternal fire for all the wicked ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel:

Lets do some systematic debate.

Do you believe in an eternal fire for all the wicked ?

Lol... I know your stand on that question sir angry

I have not bothered to engage you on that topic because I see it as a distraction. But, if I must answer I believe there is eternal fire/condemnation for the condemned.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, there is a difference between being a Christian and practicing 'post-modernism'. The same you that promote images and sensual experiences as the key and a link to God.

You pick verses of scripture carelessly to fulfil your lustful agenda. The scripture has never been the ultimate authority to you, you are part of what I call an 'emergent church'.

And what do we call those who preach the lawless gospel? undecided
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Candour(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^ wld be nice to read you here as well.

I believe in this inerrant, more-sure and in the infallible Book, and in the infallible God; and I ask any of you, who are distressed , and anxious, and tossed to and fro because of what some heretic or skeptic has said, to "walk in the light of The Lord " and to be perfectly mollified as to the revelation he has given us in his Word

Don't worry bro. I doubt I'll have posted anything too different from your posts here so no need for me to duplicate them. Suffice to say that I agree that the gospel that saves us today has more to do with 1Cor 15:1-4 than John 3:16 because of the cross and the aftermath. I also agree with the dispensational study of the word of God for proper understanding as put forward by DrummaBoy

The disagreements I see here are not borne out of deliberate twisting of scripture to deceive and fleece children of God (unlike what obtains on those other threads wink )but rather due to inadequate study and understanding of the bible so no much cause for alarm. By God's grace we all are learning and will keep on learning if the Lord tarries so let me maintain my learning mode wink

God bless us all
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I am sure you are not a dog sir, and you do not need the law as a chain to tell you or compel you to do/know what is wrong or right.

3 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lol... I know your stand on that question sir angry

I have not bothered to engage you on that topic because I see it as a distraction. But, if I must answer I believe there is eternal fire/condemnation for the condemned.

good !

So do you believe then that God has damned the majority of mankind to an everlasting furnace of fire, not because they chose to go there , but because of God's sovereign will, that is , he already knew those who will be damned and those who will be saved, they had no choice in the matter ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel:

good !

So do you believe then that God has damned the majority of mankind to an everlasting furnace of fire, not because they chose to go there , but because of God's sovereign will, that is , he already knew those who will be damned and those who will be saved, they had no choice in the matter ?

I believe the Book bro, if you are not for God you are an enemy of God.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God

If God says He knew us before we were ever born.. I believe

If He says
29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

I believe that too.

It is true that God does not save an unwilling/indisposed man but He makes him keen and willing in the days of His power. I totally and absolutely believe in the gospel of election, I believe election starts with God, the process is in God and it ends with God.

IT's GOD's CHOICE.

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]

Thesame God loved Jacob in his mothers womb and hated Esau even before they were born. Before they had the opportunity to do whatever they choose to do. Because God had known them and predestined them, they acted out God's plan unknowingly by exchanging birth rights with stew and all what not. God made their father blind just because He had said the elder shall serve the younger, if he cld see he would have given the blessings to the elder as the custom permits.

I get gobsmacked sometimes wondering how God says things before they happen, yet He did not make us as robots. Jesus had told Peter you will deny me three times, if I were Peter I would have left that scene or refuse to deny the third time but that is of course impossible.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

I believe the Book bro. If God says He knew us before we were ever born.. I believe

So God allows people to be born en masse into this world knowing that a greater majority will end up in an eternal torment ?

It is true that God does not save an unwilling/indisposed man but He makes him keen and willing in the days of His power. I totally and absolutely believe in the gospel of election, I believe election starts with God, the process is in God and it ends with God.

IT's GOD's CHOICE.

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]

Yes God has mercy and he is indeed merciful to men, but many men reject this mercy, no ? Man can choose to accept or reject the mercy of God, to suggest otherwise is to make man a being without a will to exercise.

I am sorry , but your theology is not based on the bible but seriously flawed theology based on the traditions of Men, besides I do not take lectures from Calvin who murdered a fellow believer as a born again Christian, i.e if he was indeed born again.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm really struggling to make our brethren see some difference here on the Gospel preached to them and to us BUT PEOPLE AREN'T SEEING THE DIFFERENCE. First, let me make it very clear here that STUDY OF DISPENSATION IS WHAT IS MEANT BY RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. Now, let's pull some scriptures together and let's see if gospel preached at ONE time (dispensation) IS THE SAME WITH THE GOSPEL MANDATE WE HAVE TODAY. Again. the Gospel is ONE in every dispensation but the gospel (messages) preached to them is not the SAME preached to us but because it's God's Good news at each time and dispensation, it is\was called Gospel.

New Living Translation
What's more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would declare the Gentiles to be righteous because of their faith. God proclaimed this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, "All nations will be blessed through you." Galatians 3:8

Here ^ the gospel message was clear - In you, shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

New Living Translation
This letter is from Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach his Good News. God promised this Good News long ago through his prophets in the holy Scriptures. Romans 1:1-2

Here ^ the gospel was promised long ago. So what gospel was preached to Abraham and yet another gospel promised?

New Living Translation
The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life he was born into King David's family line, Romans 1:3

Here, the gospel is ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. What is it about Jesus Christ that the gospel says or we should be saying as the gospel message? Is this another gospel or what?

1 Corinthians 15:1-5 also outlines another Gospel.

For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. Hebrews 4:2

Here ^ it proves every GOSPEL carries a specific message - gospel was preached to them and also gospel is preached to us. What was PREACHED TO THEM? Is it the same message PREACHED to us AS GOSPEL....but they both called gospel. Find out the message preached to them and what preached to us and compare if the same?

John and Jesus in the gospel accounts was also preaching the gospel WITH A SPECIFIC MESSAGE. Is what John saying the same gospel message Apostle Paul said the gospel is about Jesus Christ and that it is THE ONE Gospel given or preached unto us?

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

New Living Translation
Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. Galatians 1:8

Here ^ the Apostle declared there's just ONE GOSPEL in our time and dispensation preached unto us as the Church and Christians and says WE SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO ANOTHER GOSPEL....meaning there's more than THE ONE that had being preached to us, making inference to the GOSPEL OF THE LAW OR WORKS which the false teachers had infiltrated the Galatians Christians with.

The truth here is, EVERY DISPENSATION CARRIED A SPECIFIC GOSPEL MESSAGE and that's why we can read all the different messages in the gospel given to each messenger at each time. The Gospel mandate we have or preached to us, Christians is NOT, the same as was given to the prophets of old and messengers.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times (DISPENSATION) and in various ways,

New Living Translation
Long ago God spoke many times (DISPENSATION) and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. Hebrews 1:1

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

New Living Translation
And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.

If we are still carrying the messages of God that WAS FOR PEOPLE OF THE PAST, WE ARE MISSING WHAT GOD IS SAYING IN AND THROUGH CHRIST'S FINISHED WORKS TODAY AND NOW .....which Apostle Paul says, the Gospel is ABOUT HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. I'm really interested in this gospel topic because, what we see today is, many are NOT preaching the Gospel that was handed down to the Church which is ONE but preaching ANOTHER which is OPPOSITE of THE ONE GOSPEL handed and preached to us.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am sure you are not a dog sir, and you do not need the law as a chain to tell you or compel you to do/know what is wrong or right.

And Martin Luther would say:

"Satan, the god of all dissension, stirreth up daily new sects, and last of all, which of all other I should never have forseen or once suspected, he has raised up a sect such as teach… that men should not be terrified by the Law, but gently exhorted by the preaching of the grace of Christ."
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Explain what happened at the Red Sea, thesame sea that saved some destroyed some. Why don't you ask why those Egyptians died and God vindicated Israel, did God not create them all?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Keep on preaching and teach the gospel of the LAW, we already know those whose are teaching SPIRIT-LED gospel. The law gospel had it time and dispensation, it was UNTIL the promised will come. Now that the promised had come, what are you still doing with a tutor like a child?

What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate.

New Living Translation
Think of it this way. If a father dies and leaves an inheritance for his young children, those children are not much better off than slaves until they grow up, even though they actually own everything their father had.

Galatians 4:1
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Bro Goshen360 , there is only ONE gospel and this is what Jesus preached and commanded his followers to preach.

You cannot contradict the words of Jesus to suit theology.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." - Mark 16:15

Jesus said whole creation not some creation or only the Jews, there was only ever one gospel and it was and still is for all mankind.

Consider this fulfillment of the command of Jesus to his disciples :

"Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people." - Revelation 14:6

I will rather take Jesus's words as the final authority -- smiley
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Amen. The gospel is and has always been the same all through scripture. Believe/Obey God and LIVE. So simple to understand. There would have been no need for a curse when we abide in Jesus or sacrifice to atone for sins when we keep holding on to God as we see Abraham did not need such for He was faithful.
As I said earlier, I hope we all believe the very words of Jesus Christ Himself that is Light, Life and Truth with the understanding of the Holy Spirit that guides us for The Word of God is truth.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
frosbel: @Bro Goshen360 , there is only ONE gospel and this is what Jesus preached and commanded his followers to preach.

You cannot contradict the words of Jesus to suit theology.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." - Mark 16:15

fulfilled here and still ongoing :

"Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people." - Revelation 14:6

I will rather take Jesus's words as the final authority.

You are still missing my message. I never said there're TWO GOSPELS. There're only ONE in EVERY TIME AND DISPENSATION.

Quick question: Did Jesus PREACHED the GOSPEL of HIS DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION? Did Jesus preached that, by His death, you shall be free from the law? Did Jesus preached the gospel of JUSTIFICATION through his resurrection? Did Jesus preached the Gospel of GENTILES coming into the kingdom, through his death? Did Jesus preached the GOSPEL of YOU ARE SET FREE FROM CURSES BY HIS CROSS?

I think answers to these questions will help you understand what we've been saying.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goshen360:

You are still missing my message. I never said there're TWO GOSPELS. There're only ONE in EVERY TIME AND DISPENSATION.

Quick question: Did Jesus PREACHED the GOSPEL of HIS DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION? Did Jesus preached that, by His death, you shall be free from the law? Did Jesus preached the gospel of JUSTIFICATION through his resurrection? Did Jesus preached the Gospel of GENTILES coming into the kingdom, through his death? Did Jesus preached the GOSPEL of YOU ARE SET FREE FROM CURSES BY HIS CROSS?

I think answers to these questions will help you understand what we've been saying.

The Gospel is the good news of the kingdom and was never anything else, however to become part of that kingdom, , the death, resurrection and burial of Jesus were an integral necessity for 3 reasons :

1. Shedding of blood for the remission of our sins, hence forgiveness - no sinner or sin can enter into the kingdom of God , but with the blood of Jesus and obedience to his word, we are assured of eternal salvation.

2. To raise up all who believe in him on the last day in the same manner - only those who are resurrected by Jesus or have their bodies transformed will enter into the kingdom of God, the rest will be judged and destroyed.

3. Breaking down the wall of partition between Jew and Gentile making us all One Body and hence One people who will dwell in peace and love in this new kingdom.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Manna Still Falls From Heaven In Angola / The Nigerian Church Is Losing Its Purpose - By Ayobami Oyalowo (A Must Read!!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.