Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78825 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
Congrats!!!!!!!
Re: Fighting Back! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gud job nurse Esther d write up it's OK......
Re: Fighting Back! by Obidikejr(m): 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dunno if i'll have the time to follow up, but you doing a nice Job.

*Itumeleng Obidike III
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:20am On Dec 02, 2013
youngprofdguru: Gud job nurse Esther d write up it's OK......
Thank you.Sweetheart how do you know am a nurse?

Redirect your message to ugbajaesther@gmail.com
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Obidike jr.:
Dunno if i'll have the time to follow up, but you doing a nice Job.

*Itumeleng Obidike III
Thanks.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:24am On Dec 02, 2013
What am I on front page? shocked
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:43am On Dec 02, 2013
D QUEEN'S DIARY 02/12/2013:12;30am

Typing trying to update in between my night duty. Eventually I submitted the updated, though network took it away. Just to discover I hit front page of this forum.

Oh diary, words can begin to describe how I feel. I am humbled.

Oga Mynd Thank you and all management of nairaland.

Glowingscenes, Aunt shade, Mynd, your works were among the first I read when I first joined nairaland. You helped me get encouraged to share too.

For Yemi2plus, the first reader of my story -DOTTED LINES, Jiteshell, Winnielove, Duro my Publicist, you all have have been there all the way. Thanks.

To All my Fantastic readers, wish I could mention names. I came this far because you believed in me.

This is buffet- Nkwobi, Africa salad, Fruit salad, Chilled malt and Fruit wine, serve yourself.

My new readers, Welcome on board, don't forget to constructive criticise, encourage and comment.

God bless us all.

Queen Xstar.

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Back! by IzyLuv(f): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Honey, u've got a good story line but i'm not feeling it...

Its confusing...

Wen she eloped frm her wedding, wia was d flight headed... I.e wia does she stay now??

And d scene from d mall to the lunch venue dint transition well...

And Osaz introduce him to us...

I can't see ur characters... U've done a poor job of describing dem..

Wat does hester's father look like... Her mum?? Sister??.. Even hester... I don't see her... She tall or short, dark or fair,... Yes she is beautiful buh plzzzz, gimme a facial (and possibly body) description...

The story is interesting but i can't see anytin...

i.e Develop ur Characters and Plots properly...

Well done...

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:09am On Dec 02, 2013
IzyLuv: Honey, u've got a good story line but i'm not feeling it...

Its confusing...

Wen she eloped frm her wedding, wia was d flight headed... I.e wia does she stay now??

And d scene from d mall to the lunch venue dint transition well...

And Osaz introduce him to us...

I can't see ur characters... U've done a poor job of describing dem..

Wat does hester's father look like... Her mum?? Sister??.. Even hester... I don't see her... She tall or short, dark or fair,... Yes she is beautiful buh plzzzz, gimme a facial (and possibly body) description...

The story is interesting but i can't see anytin...

i.e Develop ur Characters and Plots properly...

Well done...
Where have you been all my story life (chukles) About Where she headed, it will be revealed in the course of the story.
Describing characters is something I wish I could do better, I will rather leave it to readers imagination. If you have suggestions that could help me better, I don't mind.

About the transition to lunch, I will revisit.

Osaz will be introduced too in time and I hope you understand my reason then.

Thank you so very much and Welcome.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Dhortunn: Let me read up btw congrats on your fp success tho
Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:25am On Dec 02, 2013
marymarcel009: Present
Welcome
Re: Fighting Back! by beau49: 1:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Jes came across ur story on FP....u av a nyc story going buh sumtymz inbtw updates I get lost n confused n I keep wondering weda or nt I jumped a particular update.....aldoh I av a suspision dat u r probably heading sumwhere with it,lyk all d scattered bits cuming 2geda as a single whole.

Well m kipin my fingerz crossed...#pleasantly waiting 4 d next update.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:19am On Dec 02, 2013
SEVEN

'If you don't stop laughing Osaz, you will spill the remaining of the icecream on that designers shirt.' Hester smiled as they strolled to the car park.

'How …how can I? ' Osaz chuckled. 'How can I when you are so funny.

'Mister, your girlfriend is cute.'

'Sorry, I didn't get you.' He stopped instantly and they turned in the direction of the voice.

'I said, Sir, your girlfriend is beautiful. 'He repeated comprehensively looking up at them.

Osaz stooped and touched him on the shoulder. He was about eleven. 'Did you hear that darling, he said you are beautiful? ' He looked up at his companion.

'Wonderful compliment dear, thank you.' Hester beamed. 'What is your lovely name? '

He smiled. 'My name is Favor. '

'I said it, didn't I? Your name is lovely indeed. Lord may we be divinely favored today.'.She touched his cheek.

Favor lowered his eyes and blushed. 'Thank you Auntie. '

'Tell me Favor, are we sharing this? ' He gestured to the nylon he was holding.

'It is for my Mum and I .' Favor replied.

'Oh …you are a considerate guy too. I suppose they are hamburgers, how come you are not making them complete with icecream or drinks? '

'I'll love to because I love icecream but I wanted to surprise and make my Mummy happy. ' He smiled. 'I have been saving most of my bus fare and her favorite snack is how far I can get. '

Osaz stood impressed. 'I am offering to buy icecream for you and your Mum. '

'No, Thank you Sir.'

'Come on Favour, I wouldn't mind helping you complete your surprise. ' He fetched his wallet.

'Mum will know there is no way I could afford all that with just my bus fare. Besides I don't know you.' Favor stated simply.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:22am On Dec 02, 2013

Hester watched in awe, she decided not to interrupt but allow Osaz handle it all.

'I understand now. We are no longer strangers, despite that, I won't force you to do what you don't want to. It is a good thing your Mum taught you.' He patted him on the back.

'Dear let me see your teeth.' She tipped his face upward gently.

Favor obeyed.

She observed them closely.

'Auntie, I know what you are going to say, the students in my school haven't stopped telling me my braces are now bad.'

'That is true Sweetie, you should have seen your orthodontist. '

Favor looked at his feet. 'We can't afford him anymore. '

'It is okay if you can't afford him anymore, it is nothing to the ashamed of. ' Hester bent to be in same level with him. 'Do you consider us to be people you want your Mum to meet someday ?'

'You want to meet my Mum? ' His eyes sparkled.

'Yes. '

'I ... I don't know how …'

'Can you give me your address? '

'Yes.' She handed her icecream to Osaz who had been watching them. She brought her phone and gave it to Favor who typed the address.

He handed it back to her. 'I like your phone. '

'Thanks Fave . When is your Mum normally home? '

'Sunday, after service, from one pm. '

'Thanks darling. '

'Can I come with her? ' Osagie pouted with a face like a child who has been forgotten.

'Yes you can.' He chuckled

'Tell your Mum about us and that we will visit next week.' Hester finalized.

'Take care of your Mum. ' Osaz said.

'I will, I want to be responsible. ' He said proudly. 'Bye.'

'Bye.' They chorused

He turned and began running.

They head for his car.

'He is intelligent. 'Hester took her icecream back and gave her phone to him. 'Check that out.'

'Yes darling. ' He looked back at her. He opened the door for her when they got to the car. 'That got me wondering. '

She slide into the car, he had read her mind.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:52am On Dec 02, 2013
Nice story you've got here.. The suspense is too much, it reached an extent that I was lost inbetween the updates.. There was a big transition between an update and the next which got me confused, was even thinking I missed an update... And please proof read your work, the blunders are increasing with recent updates. Try and check it... Thumbs up..
Re: Fighting Back! by Mathewjoseph: 6:30am On Dec 02, 2013
Abeg wetin b my own thank God say barcelona lose,up madrid we are getting there!
Re: Fighting Back! by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Enjoying it
Re: Fighting Back! by IzyLuv(f): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2013
Queen xstar: Where have you been all my story life (chukles) About Where she headed, it will be revealed in the course of the story.
Describing characters is something I wish I could do better, I will rather leave it to readers imagination. If you have suggestions that could help me better, I don't mind.

About the transition to lunch, I will revisit.

Osaz will be introduced too in time and I hope you understand my reason then.

Thank you so very much and Welcome.

ok dear...

Wish i cld help u wif developin d characters...
I hope ''Ishilove'' sees ur story... She'll definitely help/explain better to u...

Dosn't stop me from reading sha grin
Re: Fighting Back! by aseyi23: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmm
Nice write up dear
UGB. E.
Re: Fighting Back! by honeydear(f): 9:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Enjoying it
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Nice story you've got here.. The suspense is too much, it reached an extent that I was lost inbetween the updates.. There was a big transition between an update and the next which got me confused, was even thinking I missed an update... And please proof read your work, the blunders are increasing with recent updates. Try and check it... Thumbs up..
Will modify. Thanks.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2013
aseyi23: Hmmm
Nice write up dear
UGB. E.
Meet the one who introduced me to nairaland.

Good to see you here.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2013
IzyLuv:

ok dear...

Wish i cld help u wif developin d characters...
I hope ''Ishilove'' sees ur story... She'll definitely help/explain better to u...

Dosn't stop me from reading sha grin
Orrrh … so you transferred me to Ishilove. (sobers)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2013
honeydear: Enjoying it
Welcome
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2013
beau49: Jes came across ur story on FP....u av a nyc story going buh sumtymz inbtw updates I get lost n confused n I keep wondering weda or nt I jumped a particular update.....aldoh I av a suspision dat u r probably heading sumwhere with it,lyk all d scattered bits cuming 2geda as a single whole.

Well m kipin my fingerz crossed...#pleasantly waiting 4 d next update.
Yea on point.
Re: Fighting Back! by MightyFortress: 9:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Gud reading.
Re: Fighting Back! by 01mcfadden(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2013
Nice one!...i must confess.
Keep it up.
Re: Fighting Back! by afangide(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Been following silently, had a question buh u've answered it already while responding to a comment. Keep doing what ur good @

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.