Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78824 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Fonydear(f): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Forced marriage? That's outrageous and ridiculous. *sobs for Hester
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Let's wait patiently and c wot happens, if dey're nt careful it is Agatha dat'll wear doze wedding costumes by d tym my Caro (Hester) run away 4rm dier bondage. Bt sum parents r funny o, in dis century, dey're stl matchmaking forcefully, chaiii. God dey
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fonydear: Forced marriage? That's outrageous and ridiculous. *sobs for Hester
Join her to sob.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
jhidey08: Let's wait patiently and c wot happens, if dey're nt careful it is Agatha dat'll wear doze wedding costumes by d tym my Caro (Hester) run away 4rm dier bondage. Bt sum parents r funny o, in dis century, dey're stl matchmaking forcefully, chaiii. God dey
Which one is Caro?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2013

She knelt before him with tears flowing down her cheek. 'Please help me. Uncle Chris please … please. '

'I can't my sweetness, I can't do something that will be detrimental to you.' His countenance was sad.

'Please …please, ' Hester let out a shaky breath, if you don't help, no one else will.'

'Hester, I'm sure you don't understand the consequence of that action. The people attending the wedding will be creme de la creme of Nigeria and beyond, you can imagine the security. ' Chris paused momentarily. 'it may cost your life.'

'Let it be on me then. It would be more disastrous if I don't try at all.'

'Ha Hester …' He heaved and shook his head, I can't do this, I can't stand it.'

'Please you're my only hope, it is that part you're doing, I will handle the rest. Please help me …' Her palms were opened before her.

His heart was hurting, it was tearing apart, he could not take her display of emotions anymore, 'Hester I …I have to leave, I will call your later.'He jolted out of the sofa and left for the door.

If only she could muster strength, she would have jumped and threw herself down. She lifted her cold hands to her face and wept. Her hope was dashed.

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Queen xstar: Woah! love your 2 kobo , Thanks . The beautiful thing about this story is that it was a book I wrote and completed just after secondary school.
so is it published yet?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2013

Few minutes later, he rested on the warm car roof. 'No …no …it is too dangerous …she mean so much to me and I can't risk it, I hope you understand someday. ' Chris wiped his teary eyes with his index finger, he reached in his pocket for his car keys. 'Oh no …' He muttered dismayed.

'Sir are you leaving already? ' Mary the youngest cleaner asked. She was passing by.

'Yes Mary.' He smiled, 'I forget my car keys. can you please help me with it? '

'I will.' She began to leave .

'Mary? ' He called at an afterthought. 'I'll get it myself. Thank you.'

'Okay Sir.' She smiled before leaving.

He began pacing and jammed his fist at interval. He eventually went back into the house.

He met her lying on the ground, eyes shut, face stained with tears and her breath dragged.

'I'm sorry Hester …I didn't mean to do this to you.'

She didn't stir.

'I am here because I have changed my mind, please forgive me.' Chris lifted her off the ground 'I am sorry.'

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
kingphilip:
so is it published yet?
Not yet. Financial challenge.
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Queen xstar: Which one is Caro?
I dunno o
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
Goodnight pals.
Re: Fighting Back! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
jhidey08: Let's wait patiently and c wot happens, if dey're nt careful it is Agatha dat'll wear doze wedding costumes by d tym my Caro (Hester) run away 4rm dier bondage. Bt sum parents r funny o, in dis century, dey're stl matchmaking forcefully, chaiii. God dey
If i read correctly, this story is set in the last century.Or is it me who read amiss? Queen?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
If i read correctly, this story is set in the last century.Or is it me who read amiss? Queen?
Hahaha, recent century dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Queen xstar: Goodnight pals.
it is too early ur Highness
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2013

She flipped through a pictorial story book.

The door swing open and she looked towards the door.

'Agbekemi, Sweetheart, I have missed you.' He grinned. 'I have been longing to see you. why do you keep rejecting those invitations? '

Hester blinked severally to ensure she was not seeing things.

'Are you just going to sit there? ' Oladimeji opened his arms, 'Come here let me feel the warmth of your body and the softness of your lips.' His voice was alluring.

'So you can't wait to see me naked ehen? Common courtesy you don't even possess, how dare you barge into my privacy? '

'This day is too pleasant to waste on that note.' He beckoned. 'Come to me love. '

Hester stood on the bed, 'what are you doing here? '

'Hey, your dress is beautiful and it …' He dropped his hands and laughed. 'Why am here is obvious. '

'I prefer specifics Oladimeji. ' Her expression was blank.

He turned around like he was on a runaway. 'Sweetheart I am here to see and talk to you.'

'We will talk outside.' She stated simply.

'Blow off the principle dear, I am comfortable here.' He move about the room leisurely, at the same time glancing around.

'I don't care about your comfort President son.' She tilted her head to a side. 'leave my room!'

'What if I don't? He stopped to look up at her with a charming smile.

She gave a short laugh. ' Very, very funny. ' She drawled as both palms descended on her waist. 'If you were smart, you will make maximum use of the little time you have to see my face. Soon,I will be busy.'

He left the room with his pride wounded, he was disappointed. He hit a clenched fist on the wall.

Hester came out to the corridor shortly after. She maintained distance.

'You have to respect me Sweetheart, I am your fiance. ' He was sad.

'Huh? Seriously? ' She raised her left palm over her head to give Oladimeji a better view. She swing the palm from side to side, looking up to inspect it too. 'I don't know if I need glasses but I was wondering where you got that idea from? ' She dropped her hand and peered at him.

In a flash, he covered the distance between them and shook her. 'How do you expect me to propose when you won't come out! Stop making things difficult for me, stop hurting me! '

'Hurrah! Hester you rock! So I could actually make the president son hurt.' She giggled.

His hands slipped down her arms, knowing he had exposed his weakness wrongly. 'Damn it Hester,you are stubborn! '

'Being who I am, I have seen lot of things, there is nothing that irritates me compared to how you do, I see you, I develop nausea. '

Stunned, his mouth dropped. 'Are you crazy? Do you realise you are going to be my wife.'

Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Wife ko,maid ni,,,,,wife batterer
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Wife ko,maid ni,,,,,wife batterer
Tell him o!

Ella, Are you a doctor?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:00am On Nov 28, 2013

'I do, who would forget when it is a week away? You know what Ola, you should get a horse whip, so when the deed is done, you can thrash me thoroughly first all have said and done that hurt you.' She smiled.

He looked at her and analysed his feelings, he analysed her courage, Which he hadn't gotten from any woman. Instead of her attitude to appal him, he felt more attracted. He shrugged, nothing good comes easy, he consoled himself with those words.

'I don't need to get a horse whip for you to swallow your words. ' He chuckled, 'Sweetheart, you're leaving with me. It is you and I for the rest of the day.'

'I am going no where.'

'Why are you so much of an extremist Hester? His anger surfaced. 'Why did you keep denying me? '

'It is only a week away Oladimeji, be patient, you will get tired of me.'

He beamed. 'Only a fool will get tired of you Sweetie. You are mine and am never going to get tired of you. Never! '

'Thanks for the compliment. '

'Some of my family members abroad are already home, they will love to meet you.'

'I don't have that time. '

'What! ' His voice rose like he had been stung. 'Do you realise the enormity of the offense you just committed? ' He glared at her. 'Do you realise the class, calibre and social status of the people am talking about ? In fact, you should be down on your knees apologizing! '

With pursed lips and a grimace, she listened. 'The major reason you keep going over that is that you don't know the littlest things about me. It is only with a few Oladimeji Adeniyi Gbolahan, that I find my class.'

He advanced towards her and Hester knew he had intention to slap her.

'You better think straight Oladimeji, remember the last time. ' Hester said calmly.

'What stopped me from beating you into reality was because we are in public.' He informed her.

'This is my house fighter. ' She tilted her head to a side.

'This is private Hester and a lot of things are obtainable,like me slapping you for a start, you crying, me petting you and you melting in my embrace and then me kissing away the tears and …' His smile was mischievous.

'Keep dreaming dreamer.' She turned and made to leave.

'Don't walk out on me again, never ever! '

She turned to look at him, 'I do have something to say to you but I want to be sweetheart now, I don't want you to be hurt , I want your heart to be in perfect condition on your wedding day. Right now, you have maximised your time, See you at the wedding. ' She winked, entered her room and locked the door.

Oladimeji stood rooted in shock like a statue in the middle of an ever flowing river.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 10:12am On Nov 28, 2013
Nah,nt a doctor,queen

Hester is quite courageous,ds ola of a boy abi na guy,he s partly good o,bt hs ego jst dey spoil show 4 him,,,,,,,,,too much ego dey affect lowlife guys tlk mre of d president's son,dt 1 na xtra much ego(1dafl englishwink)
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2013
Can't wait 2c Hester's plan, I hope it'll b a successful one.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Nah,nt a doctor,queen

Hester is quite courageous,ds ola of a boy abi na guy,he s partly good o,bt hs ego jst dey spoil show 4 him,,,,,,,,,too much ego dey affect lowlife guys tlk mre of d president's son,dt 1 na xtra much ego(1dafl englishwink)
You so on point. I feel for him sometimes.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Could what Oladimeji is having for Hester be described as LOVE? Let's interact dear friends and readers.
Re: Fighting Back! by babyzai(f): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Funniest tin is dat afta d shock of wat Hester is planning wears off,dey might eventually fall in love. Bt who knws her hero might be d helpful stranger. Fingers crossed nd 1derful job ure doing.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
babyzai: Funniest tin is dat afta d shock of wat Hester is planning wears off,dey might eventually fall in love. Bt who knws her hero might be d helpful stranger. Fingers crossed nd 1derful job ure doing.
Thanks Love. Lovely point let's see how it goes.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013

'Mary in my room today! Hey, this is breaking the world news o! ' Hester expressed all in smiles.

Ha, Auntie Hester please don't talk like that. ' Mary beamed.

She arranged the books in her library, 'Why won't I, it's be three years. ' She laughed her own exaggeration.

'Ha-han! ' Mary burst into laughter. 'I have been busy Auntie. '

'I understand, nobody has my time anymore. ' Hester returned jokingly.

'I cherish moment with you …what will I have done without. I'm sorry …' She loved her, one wouldn't believe she was sister with Agatha since they had opposite attitude.
Hester had encouraged her to go back to school and when she got admission, she opened an account for her and paid in money monthly. Hence she was able to start a per time course on computer science.

'Don't mind me Mary,' Hester cut her short. 'I know Mummy has been breathing down your neck in preparation for the wedding. ' Hester touched her cheek.

'Thank you. ' She exclaimed happily.

'Won't you sit? ' Hester sat on a sofa.

'No, emmm …Auntie Hester, your Daddy is calling you.' She became sad. 'I think you're in trouble.

Hester stood and placed an arm around her shoulder. 'These days, I have been in and out of trouble, it is like a normal procedure. Worry less about me, just pray, Pray that my name doesn't change to trouble. '

Mary burst into laughter.

'I'm serious o.' They walked out together.

'I like you Auntie. ' She looked up at her. 'When am free in the evening, I will come and stay with you.'

'Looking forward dear. I have more principles based on the topic we treated last time. '

'Wow! Be expecting me. '

'See ya! ' They part ways and she brace herself.

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2013

'We don't need an usher, since we are all seated, why don't you seat.' Douglas said.

'I'm comfortable Dad, you sent for me.'

Her mother, sister and Oladimeji were present.

'Honey, Oladimeji will be your husband in a week. You should treat him with respect, talk to him in a proper manner, he deserves all that and more. ' Empress advised.

'I've heard you Mum. ' She said calmly.

'Do more than hearing me Hester, Oladimeji is upset about something you said to him.'

'I am sorry. ' She said and went down on her knees surprising them all.' Oladimeji, I am sorry.

'It is okay Sweetheart. ' He felt fulfilled. 'Please stand.'

She obeyed. 'Thank you.'

'I am proud of you.' Empress was happy.

'Now that you have settled things between you and your husband. He wants you to meet his family. '

'He told me that already and I told him I can't come with him.'

'How could you say that Hester, you should jump at the opportunity of meeting your new family. ' His expression was serious. 'Since I can't see what you're doing at home, you're going with him.'

'My decision remains. '

'Your decision does not hold water, whether you like it or not, you will go with him!' His voice rose.

Empress nodded her head in agreement .

'If that is the case, you have to do more than talking. You have to convert me to a robot, get a remote control and take charge till I get back home. '

'Honey! You shouldn't gone to that extent.' Empress chided.

'I didn't want to but that explains my stand better.' She pursed.

'Let her be.' Oladimeji said preferring to leave with the memory of her apology than something else.

.. *..

Hester stood on a heel and swing the fur ball, it went beyond her target and she smiled.

When extraordinary things are used to practice in imperfect conditions or challenging situations, the result becomes peculiar but in ordinary condition, precision or extraordinary result.

Hopefully, her life is saved. Better she died trying, she resolved than live a life of less than life.

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
Cool,nbdy shud push u arnd anyhw,Hester,na u get urslf o jare

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
My sister jare … I think say na only me tire for this kind thing. '
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
if u were in Hester's shoes, wot'll u do?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nothing seem new to her as she took few observations that were crucial. She walked down the aisle, side by side her father. As the organ played and the congregation all on their feet sang. Hester didn't feel anything near special.

There he was dashingly handsome, almost bursting with happiness. She was going to be his to cherish and love and be his and his alone for life. She was indeed beautiful, glowing like a star. He glanced at some of his friends and saw their jealousy and their -men you're lucky expression, Pride welled in him, the woman of this dreams was becoming his finaling .

She saw him and almost changed her mind, he was so Fine and fly, he was brimming with happiness and didn't bother to hide it. 'You look exquisite. ' He had whispered to her.'

She smiled genuinely.

Just because you're good enough for him doesn't mean he is good enough for her. The waters has to be tested.

Oladimeji waters didn't taste good.

She wanted a man that had prepared himself for marriage and not the wedding, She wanted a man who knew his onions, she wanted a man who shared value system with her, she wanted a man she could trust, she wanted a man that feared who will above all,ensure she and her children get to heaven.

As she face the priest, she said a prayer in her mind and confidence surged through her

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
jhidey08: if u were in Hester's shoes, wot'll u do?

God wl surely hlpwink

I knda fl sori 4 dimeji smhw
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omg this suspense is too much o. Queen darling stop doing this to me. Will you? If u don't update now i might as well drop dead.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
D.Ella.luv:

God wl surely hlpwink

I knda fl sori 4 dimeji smhw

Eeeya …

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57