Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone (36399 Views)

20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son / Destroy Recharge Cards After Use.. / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nastydroid(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nigeria can't move further,why should a petty thief be given a death sentence,even mustapha wey kill person d guy still dy freshen up inside prison yet he wasn't given a death sentence.stella oduah was not given a death sentence.why should the people be given death sentence for minor crime?.i guess death sentence is for the poor masses and not the dumb leaders. very soon dere will be death sentence for students stealing pencils and books.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Amandaslim: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote
author=kel4soft]Bigger thieves in our country been celebrated. Some
even have sympathisers here. They steal big and go free while poor ones
are sentence to death. [/quote] U just spoke my mind.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by ProfGday(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Up Nigeria
motto: a con3 where Big,fat,super-thieves get a slap on d hands,while empty-stomach petty thieves get a bullet in the head for stealing #10.

God is watching U wt 3D gadget o....
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by deeptesting(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
obyrich: I dont care if you are a witch, wizard, pen-robber or poo-hole! All I know is that people like you are the real enemies of the masses. Only a dimwit will support such lopsided justice system as we have in Nigeria. [b]This convict for all I care is a hungry, frustrated and misguided youth who deserves pity and rehabilitation! [/b]What could keep a 24- year- old man in high school if not planlessness and sheer wickedness of the looters in government? If this guy were from a rich home will he even go to court? Why is Nigeria laws so mean on the poor? If this guy were your brother will you open that maggot-infested buccal cavity of yours to support this judgement? Will your warped mind be at peace with it?

Lately,i have decided to be a guest on NL but i could not just hold it after reading your comment. Now, with the bolded,i want to ask you one question...Have you ever been confronted by this misguided youths who deserves pity and rehabilitation? I guess NO.. Most of us here came from worst background but never took to crime; so spare me that nonsense...Did you read the papers today how a young Lad led criminals to rob his father of N61 Million? My friend poverty,government neglect or whatever is no excuse for ARMED robbery...The case of our politicians is a discussion for another day. Pray never to have an encounter with your misguided youths who you claim to be products of a failed government.

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Death sentence is his faith, i am a Nigerian unemployed but i never take stealing as an occupation. even though our politicians are all Bad, we can stand as one nigeria and protest against it. If you guys think he should be spared then, more unemployed and hustling youth should all be petty thieves using toy guns.

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Elgaxton(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
For those people crying foul here u better no now that ARMED ROBBERY penalty is death by hanging, stop the rubbish cry abeg.

I have witnessed armed robbers point guns at me and my family members at night and men, u don't wanna joke with the trauma

that follows such event.

All these small small phone snatchers wey dey here make una stop o. I no go follow them call you RARE GEM when dem sentence you o.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
sbaks:
he deserves the sentence he got? do you have a heart?

so you have a soft spot for armed robbers?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by jamesdmusa(m): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=kel4soft]

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/student-die-hanging-stealing-gsm-handsets-recharge-cards/

if the penalty for armed robbery is death, then what is the penalty for embezzlement
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nastydroid: Nigeria can't move further,why should a petty thief be given a death sentence,even mustapha wey kill person d guy still dy freshen up inside prison yet he wasn't given a death sentence.stella oduah was not given a death sentence.why should the people be given death sentence for minor crime?.i guess death sentence is for the poor masses and not the dumb leaders. very soon dere will be death sentence for students stealing pencils and books.

Have a petty thief raped your wife and children before even the underage girls?

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by normaljenny(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
mickyarams: So why is Bode George and ibb still alive? ??

And madam ibru that's spent her 6 month break in a hospital flat that can be more tastefully equiped than a five star suit. That jugde is a murderer. Nigerian Law my foot. Tell why do armed robbery and kidnapping slated for death sentence, while looting govt fund gets refund 10% and get 1 year sentence.

While people like ibb, obj, tinubu, dangote, etc are being decorated with national honours.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Ninilowo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:

I prefer the bigger thieves in Abuja than the desperate armed robber banging on my door in the middle of the night.

Seconded.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
as google.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
ask google.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Dannylux: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
when a poor man steals maggi, he's sentenced to life imprisonment.
When a politician steals millions, he's placed on house arrest for at most 6 months.

Why is life this bitter?

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Ryda(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Haba wetin happen na...death sentence just like dat?
D boy no steal reach 500k o
What of JIMMY BANKOLE nd CO
All those pot bellied politicians
D judge should be tested jor even if na 20yrs improsonment e still dey ok
Choi d boy go die just like that ni?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by stagger: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
kel4soft: Please this should be sent to FP to discuss exhaustively. That judge needs a brain surgery.

You are obviously not in tune with what the law says about robbery committed with a firearm. The laws of Nigeria recommend that armed robbery be punished by death. That is why Ishola Oyenusi, Babatunde Folorunsho, Sub. Lt. Oyazimo, Lawrence Anini, Monday Osunbor, ASP George Iyamu and all the others who have been caught and tried for armed robbery were all made to face the firing squad.

Go and get acquainted with the law before coming here to dish out your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=Ryda]Haba wetin happen na...death sentence just like dat?
D boy no steal reach 500k o
What of JIMMY BANKOLE nd CO
All those pot bellied politicians
D judge should be tested jor even if na 20yrs improsonment e still dey ok
Choi d boy go die just like that ni?

So 500k is better than a peace of mind? lets stop all this talk and be realistic. if Jimmy Bankole stole with a gun, i am pretty sure if he get caught by the public he would be lynched like the other robbers.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Ryda(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=donnypool][/quote]

Er'bady get their own strategy of stealing o...Bankole used his so as the boy
Am not encouraging stealing but killing the boy won't undo d damages
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by alnaijiri(m): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Even if the politicians get away with stealing billions, the petty robber is not excused by the slightest amount. When you see a nation pleading for the life of an armed robber because there are bigger thieves, you know the moral fibre of this nation has rotted. Only fervent devotion to Islam and Sharia can turn Nigeria into a respectable nation once more.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:

If you like ask your wife/girlfriend to prepare a hot meal for armed robbers when they visit you in the dead of the night while you gather any of your valuables to hand over to them and don't complain when one of them decides to have a quickie with your wife.

No body supports either of them but an armed robber is a savage beast that needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

Who caused it? Is it not our so called whatever that steals the future & nothing done about it.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by paschalndidi(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
babanne: Do you actually know what the law says as to the penalty of armed robbery?
Enlighten us barrister
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by kennyamusan(m): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
He that has no Godfather in this country is a dead man,imagine patricia etteh after stealing billions of naira,is still in the house of assembly,Tafa Balogun as well,Babangida,OBJ,Tinubu,and recently Oduah,nothing happens to them yet a common man goes 2 jail for less than 1,000 naira,court has been compromised,corruption gratitified,and disrespect for the law,glorified,May God help us.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
The ONLY thief our judicial system appreciates are BIG thieves...simply because they would have some cuts from the loot!USELESS COUNTRY!

By d way,ife Onye metalu....
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
He should be killed immediately sef, by firing squad, hanging, or jungle justice if necessary.

Look, the point is not about how much or what he stole, it is about HOW he went about it. As far as I am concerned, 'stealing' and 'robbery' would NEVER be the same. This is rhe same reason why I endorsed the Aluu 4 massacre. Whether you are a so-called cultist, area boy, "hard guy", or robber, the very moment it is established that you are armed (or purport to be armed) in order to achieve some illicit aim, you relinquish your humanity. You cannot 'chance' me because you purport to be armed, and then later cry that you only stole a mere used used condom from me. The fact that you used a weapon strips you of all empathy and rationality. Dupe me, scam me, 'steal' from me, no problem, I will understand and possibly forgive. BUT DO NOT ROB ME WITH A WEAPON OR THREAT OF VIOLENCE. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT, NEITHER WILL I EVER FORGIVE THAT.

Any bâstard who robs/intimidates/'chances' another person with a GUN or any weapon should NEVER be regarded as a human being, and should be killed immediately. It does not matter whether he stole recharge cards or millions of dollars.

If you are hungry, and you cannot find bread to eat by legal means, then defraud, trick, decieve, 'hustle' ('yahoo' or drugs or whatever) your way to bread. I will understand and forgive that. However, the moment you resort to threat or actual use of physical.violence (whether real gun or fake gun) to traumatise innocent people, then you are no longer human as far as I am concerned., and you deserve nothing less than death. Imprisonment would be a gift to such a beast.

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by leofab(f): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
obyrich: I dont care if you are a witch, wizard, pen-robber or poo-hole! All I know is that people like you are the real enemies of the masses. Only a dimwit will support such lopsided justice system as we have in Nigeria. This convict for all I care is a hungry, frustrated and misguided youth who deserves pity and rehabilitation! What could keep a 24- year- old man in high school if not planlessness and sheer wickedness of the looters in government? If this guy were from a rich home will he even go to court? Why is Nigeria laws so mean on the poor? If this guy were your brother will you open that maggot-infested buccal cavity of yours to support this judgement? Will your warped mind be at peace with it?
just imagine the gibberish you are spewing from your facehole. Maybe you want the high court to compesate him, can't he engage himself in petty trade? I Guess you didn't read the whole story and are judging from from the thread's title. The day armed robbers will shoot your spouse then you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Raikishi(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
All you blood lusting hypocrites trying to transfer your frustrations of the failing government on another LIVING human being... Yes he stole with a weapon(toy gun or bomb it don't matter) did he despoil or kill the so called loved ones you are crying about? What if there is a slight POSSIBILITY that he was just hungry. Kill him and let it be abi? Is Nigeria so far gone that all we have are animals?
Are you the only ones that have been robbed? Do you know the trauma some of us have gone through? Transferring your aggression is not the solution... You worship the criminals that import these guns and steal the opportunities and dreams of your children and give excuses for saying death instead of imprisonment.... If the prisons are so bad why not hold the real thieves to ransom to fix it. HABA!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Raikishi(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2013
pro01: He should be killed immediately sef, by firing squad, hanging, or jungle justice if necessary.

Look, the point is not about how much or what he stole, it is about HOW he went about it. As far as I am concerned, 'stealing' and 'robbery' would NEVER be the same. This is rhe same reason why I endorsed the Aluu 4 massacre......................... BUT DO NOT ROB ME WITH A WEAPON OR THREAT OF VIOLENCE. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT, NEITHER WILL I EVER FORGIVE THAT............

You endorse the clubbing to death and malevolent lynching of HUMANS like rabid dogs on the street?

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by niceeric(m): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2013
Erm..well..*clears throat*...The above persons are still alive because under d Nigerian informal criminal law,you r a celebrity if u steal in millions and billions thus your soul is important to d nation but if u steal in thousands and hundreds,then u av to b tried under by d formal criminal laws so u die...shikena.I Rise....COURT!!!!!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by agohavivi(f): 2:26am On Nov 21, 2013
kel4soft: Please this should be sent to FP to discuss exhaustively. That judge needs a brain surgery.
How does the judge need a brain surgery? He quoted the law stating that armed robbery is punishisable by death. Abi you no know say armed robbery is an offence punishable by death, under the nigerian law. Though i feël for the young man, the fact remains That he's being made to pay for his crime.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 21, 2013
The level of ignorance on this thread is alarming!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 21, 2013
kel4soft: Maybe I was too emotional on the poor student without looking into his atrocity. That said, I would like the NASS to review the criminal law. When will, stealing or looting of our public funds be punishable to death?

When folks, like those in Anambra supporting the thieving Peter Obi and violation of human basic right each man's vote counting in a democratic setting are in the overwhelming minority.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Datruggedman: 6:07am On Nov 21, 2013
24yrs old stil in secondary skul?,fake story,neexxtt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Kills Her 65-Year-Old Husband With Pestle In Ondo / Suspected Robbers Escape Lynching In Imo After Looting Popular Market (Pix) / Mercy Na’an Found Dead: Suicide Suspected By University Of Jos Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.