Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? (4816 Views)

A Citizen Of An ECOWAS Country Needs To Visit Nigeria: What Do I Need? / My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary / Going To Nigeria What To Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by duttybarb(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
I admire the work Justwise, Vicjustice and co have done to provide advice and support to the enquiries of many of us who wish to travel abroad for whatever. However more times than not I see so many comments from people looking to cheat immigration laws.

I do not support false representation of any nature and I feel we have an obligation to turn in such people to the respective authorities. We are the only ones that can fight and stop corruption especially with our country men and women.

So I ask the people what would you do if you find someone both home and abroad breaking the law?

1 Like

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by duttybarb(f): 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please provide good answers. This is a discussion we all need to have.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by chimex38: 12:41am On Nov 21, 2013
We love breakin laws..afterall laws are made to b broken.....it is in our OBARA[blood]
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Lexusgs430: 2:59am On Nov 21, 2013
I would not do anything. Not only Nigerians break immigration laws. There is always got to be a means to an end !!!! They have paid their visa fee, and its the duty of visa official to either issue or decline a visa application.
They do not always get it right, so if you do not try, you will never know !!!!
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by abbeyty(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Wetin concern you? You be immigration official
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lexusgs430: I would not do anything. Not only Nigerians break immigration laws. There is always got to be a means to an end !!!! They have paid their visa fee, and its the duty of visa official to either issue or decline a visa application.
They do not always get it right, so if you do not try, you will never know !!!!

abbeyty: Wetin concern you? You be immigration official

The sort of attitude that brought Nigeria where we are today.

2 Likes

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by abbeyty(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
justwise:

The sort of attitude that brought Nigeria where we are today.

Where are u today? Holier than thou attitude

1 Like

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
abbeyty:

What has that got to do with anything?
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by duttybarb(f): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
abbeyty:

I note that this post did not get many comments because God forbid we be advised to do the right thing.

People let us come together and stop doing things like this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by justwise(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2013
duttybarb:

I note that this post did not get many comments because God forbid we be advised to do the right thing.

People let us come together and stop doing things like this.

You are speaking to a very few Nigerians.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by anitank(f): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'll just walk by like it's not my problem....cos really it's not
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Like their are no yahoo boys on ur street flaunting like they are doing the right thing, what av u done about that? Can u even do anything about it when I saw a police office screaming when checking a guys fone on sighting the MTCN in his mail when he stopped his car for searching.

Police: 'AH! Don't tell me you've spent all the moni u collected with these MTCN(s), u are paying us double the amount we billed initially. 50K

The guy is actually an acquaintance.

I'm not sure this country can't be crime free with the rate @ which girls are scouting for yahoo boys! @OP inclusive

1 Like

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by astronautog(m): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
AS a warri boy i go weyley the person once the person drop something for the boys he is free to go,no tym no b me holy pass
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by adexsimply(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nothing
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Sucn: 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
L
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Swiftlee(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
You break the law,you get your head broken!
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Willgates(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
meaning? what a dumb thread
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by grrit: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
So at myy age, its aprocco that I should be doing ba? undecided .. Please o!! No be me go koba person wey don suffer get visa e hear!! I can't fit to koba undecided
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by 50calibre(m): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
As far as it doesn't directly affect me, & isnt something horrible being done to another person that i could stop, I'd go my way. A snitch or wannabe hero doesn't last long in this world.

2 Likes

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by exbash: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
I will tell the person "Go and Die" lipsrsealed
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by shadydeals: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
If it's going to affect me somehow or anyhow, I'll not only report but will do what I can to get the lawbreaker. Otherwise, wetin concern me. If it's going to affect others too and very badly, i go report o.
50calibre: As far as it doesn't directly affect me, & isnt something horrible being done to another person that i could stop, I'd go my way. A snitch or wannabe hero doesn't last long in this world.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by cooljude(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
it depends on the severity of the crime. Seriously, if i were to report any crime, my number one rule is anonymousity.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by solowork: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reporting IN Nigeria is a waste of time. Until the Police are payed enough for their work, such that they not enticed by little bribes, they remain untrustworthy in my eyes.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by tokunbobo(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
BRING THEM TO BOOK IMMEDIATELY! SIMPLE
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by solowork: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
cooljude: it depends on the severity of the crime. Seriously, if i were to report any crime, my number one rule is anonymousity.

Anonymity*

If you correct it i'll remove this post.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
50calibre: As far as it doesn't directly affect me, & isnt something horrible being done to another person that i could stop, I'd go my way. A snitch or wannabe hero doesn't last long in this world.
Enough said.

1 Like

Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by bionicdude(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
i always mind my biz coz sumtyms it is d easiest way to live longer.u don't know who that person might be
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Try talking to the person if he doesn't listen to me that's his own wahala!!
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by IleIfe2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
If you see someone breaking the law, call the police/immigration on them. Its as simple as that, it should not be open for debate. Do the right thing.
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wise guys don't break the law instead they bend it a little. So tell me what am I supposed to report
Re: If You Found Someone Breaking The Law In or Out Of Nigeria? :What Would You Do? by BabaEleko(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
As long as it's not a crime they're committing, as a brother I'll let them get away with it #TeamNoSnitch which I'm sure won't be for long before they get caught.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Study And Work In Turkey / Onitsha City Skyline / Invitation Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.