Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US (24461 Views)

Entry-level Administrative Assistants At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) / Entry-level Jobs At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) - 12 October, 2015 / Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC) Graduate Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Osamabinla: 6:51am On Nov 22, 2013
That babe must obviously be a very bold brilliant chap, scaling the recruitment processes of those companies is not easy. Based on the mail, her mindset about the auditing business before securing her first with Deloitte was totally different but on entering she discovered it was a different ball game, she decided to check out on a second by going to PWC but discovered that it's either same or worse, she voiced out her frustration.

Despite her rascally or unprofessional attitude, there are some lessons to be learnt -
(1)employers should learn to match the right employee with the right job. Not because someone is brilliant doesn't mean he ll end up being your best employee, what if the employee doesn't have interest in the job, he won't perform to the maximum and might turn out to be a frustrated employee. Don't get me wrong here, that sector still boast of some of the best and brightest brains.

(2) Anybody who has done auditing or into auditing will confirm that classroom work is totally different from real life. I remember one of the courses in ICAN, "financial reporting and ethics", both in the classroom and exam hall back then, they were always shouting the word "integrity" but on my first experience on the job, I discovered its not always so. I won't say more.

All in all, auditing and consulting as a career is very interesting but will be interesting only for those who are cut for the job.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2013
Now I'm getting more worried.

I'm about completing my MSc in Medicine but I'm becoming a lot more worried about life outside college as I get closer to my graduation.

I've heard it's different working in the real world than working as a research student in college.

Can someone please tell me the gospel truth about working in the real world? I don't want to be depressed or frustrated after graduation.

Professional responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2013
Osamabinla: That babe must obviously be a very bold brilliant chap, scaling the recruitment processes of those companies is not easy. Based on the mail, her mindset about the auditing business before securing her first with Deloitte was totally different but on entering she discovered it was a different ball game, she decided to check out on a second by going to PWC but discovered that it's either same or worse, she voiced out her frustration.

Despite her rascally or unprofessional attitude, there are some lessons to be learnt -
(1)employers should learn to match the right employee with the right job. Not because someone is brilliant doesn't mean he ll end up being your best employee, what if the employee doesn't have interest in the job, he won't perform to the maximum and might turn out to be a frustrated employee. Don't get me wrong here, that sector still boast of some of the best and brightest brains.

(2) Anybody who has done auditing or into auditing will confirm that classroom work is totally different from real life. I remember one of the courses in ICAN, "financial reporting and ethics", both in the classroom and exam hall back then, they were always shouting the word "integrity" but on my first experience on the job, I discovered its not always so. I won't say more.

All in all, auditing and consulting as a career is very interesting but will be interesting only for those who are cut for the job.

Integrity is important, its just not obvious until the sheet hits the fan. If nigeria had been the us, PWC and those other auditing firms would have been in biiiig trouble after the banking mess. It was a lack of integrity that killed arthur andersen

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by chucky234(m): 7:15am On Nov 22, 2013
oyb:

there's not much bravery involved if she is going back home to mooch off mum and dad.

that stoopid letter is simply that, stoopid

leaving a job you are not happy in does not call for denigration of your colleagues or the vapid celebration of a pop star

the girl is just an overgrown child.

the best revenge is personal success, not a mindless childish bizarre tantrum because you need to feel better than your colleagues

all her letter says is spolit brat who is not ready to work to move up the ladder.

one cannot even call western employees oppressed, there is too much law on their side.

And you think she quit without first planning her next port of call,from her letter I think she is wiser than we give her credit for.
She didnt get employed by one of world's most reputable auditing firm by chance, that Glory girl is brainy.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 22, 2013
chucky234: And you think she quit without first planning her next port of call,from her letter I think she is wiser than we give her credit for.
She didnt get employed by one of world's most reputable firm by chance, that Glory girl is brainy.

So you say. One thing about brilliant people, they usually have better role models than pop stars.

There is nothing there that paints her as any kind of professional. There is nothing cool about that disjointed letter. All that letter says is arrogant pampered celebrity fixated twitter addict.

More likely daddy represents big clients and networked her in.

You want to exit in style, you leave for a job that pays 5 times your salary and drop the polite mildly sarcastic letter.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Waspy(m): 9:16am On Nov 22, 2013
I know by now that she'ld be calmer. Reality of one's folly jolts one back to sanity. Just too late albeit for her embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by pickabeau1: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2013
oyb.. u shd really stop jawjawing with ndu and his ilk who are the poster children of the tweet laden generation

Tweet first. think later

I dont see how anyone will justify this act by this chic
If u hear she is beyonce's publicist, will you not be waiting for the inevitable breakdown.. i assume yuy have watched Devil wears Prada - the life of an fashion mag assistant

Nothing is easy.. but the nitweet lads and lasses dont know that
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by virago(f): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2013
demelza: LMFAO!!!! grin
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Mami went in!
I do agree with her Beyonce facts tho.
#Beysus
#Beyhive
#BeySlaysYourFave!!!

The correct quote would be "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned , Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Actually Arthur Andersen was not as guilty as people think.

They got caught in the crossfire and took a hit for Enron, being the auditors and all.

oyb:

Integrity is important, its just not obvious until the sheet hits the fan. If nigeria had been the us, PWC and those other auditing firms would have been in biiiig trouble after the banking mess. It was a lack of integrity that killed arthur andersen
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
nnenna.1:
Actually Arthur Andersen was actually a not as guilty as people think.

They got caught in the crossfire and took a hit for Enron, being the auditors and all.

Shredded documents and worldcom
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by debosky(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Interesting but ultimately a childish response. I don't know why she feels superior to everyone else doing the job, but that might just be her personality.

You can't burn bridges forever - even mum and dad aren't endless pots of money.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by funnyx(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
virago:

The correct quote would be "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned , Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

Tell me you usually watch CI & ID grin
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by jstringz(m): 3:52am On Nov 23, 2013
Is it just me or what?

@ ops, where is the corroborating evidence the lady in question is a Nigerian?
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
virago:

cheesy Do you do this all the time?
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
@post, she reminds me of a certain Amaaskia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Government To Adopt New Job Creation Measures — Ngige / 20 Jobs That Can Hardly Go Extinct / Stanbic IBTC Just Called For Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.