Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash (43412 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / Da Grin Is Dead! / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tavarez(f): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2010
Contrary to our report yesterday, that rapper Dagrin was uninjured after having a mild accident involving a truck; NET investigations have revealed that the rapper was actually very injured, unconscious for hours, and has been hospitalised since the early hours of yesterday.

A source close to Dagrin, who claimed to have been in the car at the time of the accident had claimed there was only a brief argument after a truck driver lost control and damaged the fender of Dagrin’s Nissan Maxima. Other inside sources confirmed the story, apparently desperate to conceal the truth.

However, we can now authoritatively inform you that Dagrin is in a very bad shape; in critical condition with Doctors working round the clock to save his life.

He was operated upon at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital yesterday, hours after he ran into a stationary truck around Alakara Police station in Mushin, while driving home around 3 AM yesterday.

‘He was returning home from an assignment, and he had called home severally to tell them not to lock the gate; that he was coming home”

His manager ‘Tunde, and family sources tell NET the rapper was left unconscious after running into the truck, and was left hanging between life and death before he was rescued by Policemen on patrol.

The policemen reportedly called his manager after finding his number on Dagrin’s ‘last dialled’ list.

He was initially taken to Tai Solarin private hospital in Mushin, before his minders moved him to LUTH.

The rapper is believed to have sustained numerous injuries, especially in the chest, jaws and head.

His manager confirms he had an operation yesterday at LUTH, and has been under intensive care.

‘The Doctors say he’s improving, but they have to keep him in ICU until his condition stabilises. He hasn’t been able to open his eyes or speak since yesterday. I believe they’ll move him from ICU to the ward once he comes round’, his manager stated.

www.thenet.ng.com
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tosinaded(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2010
Holy Fucc. . . . Lord av Mercy!!!!
Shit i still saw him in that same maxima Dagrin 03 lastweek in Unilag!!!!

Craaaaaazy!!!
Get well Soon 01

aimo ye aje aimo ye oso. . . .

#itsniaja!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Akainzo(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2010
@OP, please remove the 'fatal' from the title. Fatal is for when somebody dies and in this case, to His glory, Dagrin is still very much alive though injured.

It can be be changed to horrific if you want but definitely not fatal!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chrisical(m): 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
Horrible
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by dasa: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2010
damn. hope he gets well soon.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Genuflect(m): 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
Saw this on Twitter. Mehn, may God pull him through in Jesus' name. Da Grin, ECOSA dey pray for you o

1 Like

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Amya(f): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2010
This life! I really wish he recovers quickly.

Works of the enemies!!!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Rhymstein(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
Amya:

This life! I really wish he recovers quickly.

Works of the enemies!!!

Wch enemies?na enemies drive d motor enter truck.
So typical of africans,nothin natural happens,some supernatural forces must be involved.'home problem'
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by mamagee3(f): 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2010
Even though I have no idea who he is but thank God it wasn't fatal.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by ichommy(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
cry sad sad Very Sad
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by 9ce(m): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]wishing him quick recovery, da grin baba nofin do you[/size][/size][/size][/size][b][/b]
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
How could he have crashed his car into a STATIONERY truck?

I just hope the Dude was not drunk.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chamotex(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
Dont know which one to believe . . . some sources said it was serious and some are saying its not serious.
Which ever way, GET WELL SOON C.E.O
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by gbengress1: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2010
So Nigerian policemen are changing4d better.Gr8 job!!I pray4 da grin's quick recovery
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tosinaded(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2010
mobuch:

u dan drive for gidi @ 9th b4

no street lights, no reflectors on big vehicles!!! no 40m signs for trucks dat break down!!!

nothing fuckn works in this damn fuckd up country!!!

#itsnaija
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chamotex(m): 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2010
This is very contradictory

tavarez:

A source close to Dagrin, who claimed to have been in the car at the time of the accident had claimed there was only a brief argument after a truck driver lost control and damaged the fender of Dagrin’s Nissan Maxima. Other inside sources confirmed the story, apparently desperate to conceal the truth.

A truck driver lost control and damaged Dagrin' car and then a couple of lines down . . .

tavarez:

He was operated upon at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital yesterday, hours after he ran into a stationary truck around Alakara Police station in Mushin, while driving home around 3 AM yesterday.

now its Da Grin's car than ran into a stationary truck undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by DonChigo2(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2010
Get well soon man!!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tosinaded(m): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2010
chamotex:

This is very contradictory

A truck driver lost control and damaged Dagrin' car and then a couple of lines down . . .

now its Da Grin's car than ran into a stationary truck undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

so na arguement cause the accident undecided
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by rhamz: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2010
CEO (Chief Executive Omoita), wishin u a speady recovery
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tkb417(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2010
mobuch:

lost ma beloved automobile last 2 months cos of this. Didnt lose ma life but hey, the airbags and stuff but i saw the gate of hell
in Las Gidi, these trailers park anywhere. (I ran into a truck like 5:05AM)  so my guy/gurl, it can happen to just anybody and oh yeah i wasnt drunk

@DAGRIN
awwww, kpele
wish you the best. You will not die , you will live to celebrate more plats

just like tosin said
aimoye aje, aimoye osho
kpele home boi
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chamotex(m): 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
tosinaded@:

so na arguement cause the accident undecided

Wetin u dey talk tosin . . . o tun ti fagbo grin

Wetin I talk wetin u reply.

U no see those 2 quotes for there . . . . go and find out for me and gimme feedback.

Was it Da grin that smashed into the truck or it was the other way round according to the poster's source?
Geddit?
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Donetyno: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
Ye! Dagrin ma mentor,notin go do u o, no wori,afta dey discharge u, u go stil enta studio n use d incident sing n make money jare. Everytin hapen 4 good.it is wel wit u bro!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2010
Gash this is serious. Why must this happen to Dagrin or anybody for that matter? Get well quick Omo-Ogun.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2010
chamotex:

Wetin u dey talk tosin . . . o tun ti fagbo grin

Wetin I talk wetin u reply.

U no see those 2 quotes for there . . . . go and find out for me and gimme feedback.

Was it Da grin that smashed into the truck or it was the other way round according to the poster's source?
Geddit?
wetin sef

shebi the man get accident? all versions are correct grin
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by pappilo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
Same thing happened to my sis. She was in a car that ran into a staionary molue in Iganmu. Thank God for her life but she still has the scars from the accident. Then I lost my roommate from Uni when he ran into a staionary 18 wheeler in Ketu. I hate almost everything associated with Naija but I dey feel Da Grin well well even though I don old finish. I hope say the guy recover and blows up just like Kanyeezy did after the crash!

Phuck Naija!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chamotex(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
tkb417:

wetin sef

shebi the man get accident? all versions are correct grin

I wan make Tosin go help me investigate . . . I don buy ticket for the guy concert with Terry G, Bracket and JJC next month.
Now it's very unlikely he's going to show up thats why I want to know if it's serious or not. cry cry cry cry
Cos na only because of Da Grin I dey go the show

I hope he gets well SOON.

Barack O Grin
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
Scheiße!!! This is some f[i]uc[/i]ked up piece of news o! Dagrin, you're in my prayers.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tosinaded(m): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
chamotex, e fit be two diff accidents!!!!
a truck hits dem fender, then an arguement erupts in the car and as a result dem no see the stationary truck ahead of them
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by VPG: 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2010
pappilo:

Same thing happened to my sis. She was in a car that ran into a staionary molue in Iganmu. Thank God for her life but she still has the scars from the event. Then I lost my roommate from Uni when he ran into a staionary 18 wheeler in Ketu. I hate almost everything associated with Naija but I dey feel Da Grin well well even though man don old finish. I hope say the guy recover and blows up just like Kanyeezy did after the crash!

Phuck Naija!
habahabahaba which one be phuck naija now. you need to be giving naija credit ma guy no bi naija police carry the guy go hospital, no bi naija doctors they operate on am. trust if this was 3 years ago the guy no go even make am to the hospital alive. Naija is getting better o ma guy.  GOD bless Nigeria and Nigerians all over the world.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nenyechi(f): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2010
Get well soon Da Grin.maybe when u r okay,u will rap abt wat u went through.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2010
chamotex:

I wan make Tosin go help me investigate . . . I don buy ticket for the guy concert with Terry G, Bracket and JJC next month.
Now it's very unlikely he's going to show up thats why I want to know if it's serious or not. cry cry cry cry
Cos na only because of Da Grin I dey go the show

I hope he gets well SOON.

Barack O Grin
forget that show guy; i dont think the C.E.O will be there
do u pay to go see Terry G? wtf
i nor fit o. I can listen to his songs in my crib/car sha but live shows?
mba.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2010
I wish him a quick recovery. I dont know y dis happened to him now. I like him so much cos he is my main guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Venmak: DJ Venum Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Club Dj’ing / How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? / Don Pedro Obaseki: Ban Olamide's "Science Student" For Encouraging Drugs Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.