Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! (35961 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by RandomAfricanAm: 1:42am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

lol...PAGAN9 clearly has a agenda. Its funny how he ignored this which debunks all his claims.

RandomAfricanAm:

Ahhh, umm ......Mmmm (something smells fishy here)

sniff sniff....
Hmm, I smell politics at play **and still do**
I'll sit back and watch **thanks for the good show guys**
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 1:56am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

lol...PAGAN9 clearly has a agenda. Its funny how he ignored this which debunks all his claims.

He barely even knows the argument at hand and IGNORES all PEER REVIWED sources posted, yet claims they are just random. Yet he has not posted any backing up his claims.

I don't understand why myself

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 25, 2013
More Desperation...

PAGAN 9JA:

practical is always better than theory.

btw you are a black supermacist or something of that sort. im sure.

i dont understand why you are trying to bring your AA racism into Africa?

Moot points and more projections Doesn't prove anything.

PAGAN 9JA:

Wtf? That doesnt make any sense.

The Tuareg took the slaves they captured wherever they went. Or sold them on different points of their trade routes.
Moot point and still no sources.

PAGAN 9JA:

You are talking nonsense. Tuaregs CANNOT have mixed with Arabs. you are not understanding the custom of the tribes. You are just going by theory. I jus explained why it is impossible for Arabs to mix with the Tuareg.

No other non-African was absorbed into Tuareg. You are just making that up without any proof inorder to promote your black-centrism and to disregard the Pure light-skinned Tuareg as mere mixed-bred.

You are just trying to promote the half-bred Bella as Tuareg ,because of their skin colour.

More moot points that have nothing to do with anything and still no sources. Your desperation is showing. Still have not proven all black Tuares are the result of slavery. And again no one mentioned Arabs. Its funny you mention blacks being slaves, when most of the slaves during that time were Europeans/Turkish/Syrian female slaves that made their way all the way to Cameroon even. Tuareg men took many European slaves which is why Tuaregs mtDNA is European. The irony...

PAGAN 9JA:

You told me WRONG.

This is what PURE Tuareg look like:

None of the Above are Middle-Eastern OK?

Doesn't prove anything. There is no such thing as pure Tuareg. Get your pseudo nonsense out of here.

Next.

PAGAN 9JA:

Stop spreading lies to further your black-centrism. angry

LOL! Black Centrism?? Yeah more desperation...Post PEER REVIWED sources that debunked mines. Dingleberry..

PAGAN 9JA:

I DARE YOU. I DOUBLE DARE YOU to show me proof that hose Tuareg are mixed with:

1)Europeans
2)Middle-Easterners

I DARE YOU.
Silly dingleberry. Tuareg females carry high frequencies of European mtDNA H. Tuaregs are basically the result of European women and African men. Again Tuareg men took many European and Middle Eastern women.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0013378

You dont even know anything about the Tuaregs as much as you claim. SIT DOWN and stop trying to debate me with your broken argument.

PAGAN 9JA:

I have provided you with enough proof to show that the black Tuaregs are mixed. especially the ones in Niger and Mali and Azawad.

You haven't provided me with squat! Yet I proven that Tuaregs in West African countries carry MORE Berber E-M81 than Tuaregs in North African countries. Get lost already. You're not on my level

PAGAN 9JA:

DUDE stop trying to dodge my point!

I told you that slaves, like commodities are transported across trade routes, wherever the Tuareg went..!

cant you use this simple common sense.

Libya has light-brown skinned Tuareg as well.

Im talking about Tuareg not any other Berbers. and stop bringing Egyptians into it.

Dude stop posting these dumbarse Egyptian cave paintings. COme to the point.

We are discussing Tuareg here. Todays Touareg.

and what evidence? Go research yourself. I have already provided.

What are the Bella?

What are the Iklan?

Arent these Tuareg caste of slaves?

Dont the Tuaregs stilll hold slaves?

You have all the resource to research all these pre-historic stuff, yet you can research about Bouzou and Tuareg social structure. how biased are you?

Nobody aint dodging sh*t when you clearly dodged this.

Dingleberry those are NOT cave paintings, but paintings from temples. This shows you dont know the argument. Dude those are deceptions of the ANCIENT LIBYAN BERBERS. Do you have piss poor reading comprehension?

And I'm not bringing Egyptians into this.

PAGAN 9JA:

bullsh!t. you just made that up.

stop lieing.

Btw This Garamaente thing is not there in Tuareg oral traditions.

please dont use such methods on me. be straight with me.

Prove it...Like I said Tuaregs DONT have an agreement on a common origin and even Fulaman knows this but you. You're not a Tuareg but a Hausa. Stop trying to be the spokes person for Tuaregs when you're not even well versed on this subject.

PAGAN 9JA:

I dont believe it. ANyways this is my theory.

I already explained my opinion on the Greeks.

It is physical reality that matters. not some vague words becing projected around by afro-centrists.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU FREAKING BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop trying to put YOUR views on a higher pedestal over well known historians who ACTUALLY seen the people.

PAGAN 9JA:

Cmon dont try to scare me with that. What historians? THey just said it is a belief.

Which other classical writer said so?

Cmon tell me.

My proof is todays Tuareg.
Doesn't matter...Almost all historians agree that Tuaregs are the descendants of the Garamantes. Get over it.

PAGAN 9JA:

yes I am brown skinned.

"dark brown".

Lmfao. Niger has high rate of slavery. anyways it was more 30 years back. go google/research it. They released many slaves.

More moot points that dont disprove anything.

PAGAN 9JA:

Why don't YOU give me sources. Also like I said Snnghays and Bella's are not even native to Libya, where there is a high percentage of darker skinned Tuaregs. But here is when it gets worse from you.

WHy do you doubt the enslavement of Songhay by the Tuareg?

What is there to doubt in that?

because they are dark skinned? so what?
More moot points/opinions/projection. Never doubted the slavery of Songhay people, but the European slavery overshadowed it. And Tuaregs in Libya were referred to as blacks during the civil war. Everyone knows that.

PAGAN 9JA:

This shows you are clearly BIASED .

And btw stop dividing all Tuareg by country. Tuareg dont recognize any borders.

Research material depends on the TUareg clan and band on whom it was conducted.

You are doing some really foolish things by posting 1 pic and claiming all Mali Tuareg look like that.

Most of the militia in Ansar Dine and MNLA and the top brass, are all light-brown sand-skinned.

Im talking about the region of Azawad.

It depends on the group of Tuareg.
No one is biased what you.

You still have not posted any facts backing up your claims. Just random ramblings. So I'm going to ignore most it, like you ignored all my peer reviewed sources.

PAGAN 9JA:

My Gods! There is clearly so much bias in your posts! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Was the research carried out on this specific woman you posted?

CMON stop lieing.

this is also a Niger Tuareg:

[img]http://64.78.29.176/images/uploads/ifam_davidmoore46.jpg[/img]

Where does it go down the drain?

I just showed you the proof above. I also showed proof of how biased you are .

Wheres the proof of your last claim?

No its not. admit it. you are being biased.

whats your ultimate goal?

I know you are a black-centrist.

so my source does not agree with your views. therefore it is outdated and trash.

whereas you quote some random comment made 2000 years ago by a traveller and that is gospel truth.

YOU ARE BIASED.

More worthless moot points/ramblings that dont refute/debunk anything.

Your doing a good job.

Also...Niger Tuaregs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDXI8pvtrY

PAGAN 9JA:

Ive noticed that you dont use logic. you just keep posting links about anything that agrees with your views.

How can you accept the words written by a newspaper editor as proof worthy of research material?

i mean wth? His article is obiviously derived from Herodotus reference of Ethiopians.

The newspaper editor is not some authority on anthropology or history.
Its called backing up your claims which you know nothing about.

And no they get their sources FROM the historians/anthropologist. So again futile points that dont save your argument.

PAGAN 9JA:

Dude seriously stop posting some random links.

Trepanation was practiced all over the world, including Europe, Greece, India, South America, etc.

Does that mean they are relaed to the Garamentes.

They all ate food as well. DOes that mean they are related?

No that was to show you how advanced the Garamantes were and stop putting words in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 2:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Food for thought. If I conquered you and killed your fathers, do you really believe I will tell you the truth? How come afro-centrists love quoting white people. This is a stinking dilemma that would put every well weaned man off
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:30am On Nov 25, 2013
It still happens today, white women seem to like black men. They like Fulani, Songhai(Zarma), Toubou, etc. They seem to come to Africa to learn more about the culture I guess it fascinates them. There are even some white women who have children from African fathers on this forum today.

Correct that there is no such thing as a pure Touareg. The Berber groups in Morocco are ever less Berber. I don't even think they speak their language. They only speak Arabic mainly. A lot of Amaizghen have mixed with Romans and Greeks in Morocco.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Sorry I do not believe Nubia started the pastoral tradition for the entire Africa. The Bantus and Zulus and other SOuthern groups were already into pastorialism and hae nothing to do with the Nubians.

Anyways you are diverting. We were talking about the pastoral tradition after the fall of the Egyptian civilization. not during its rise.

Sorry but PEER REVIEWED FACTS>>>>>>>YOUR OPINION.

Your denial is showing more and more. Which is sad. Tisk Tisk.

No...YOU'RE the one diverting. You were the one that said Nubians were never nomads and that the nomadic lifestyle was brought to them. Nubians are were ALWAYS nomads and some still are.

But it doesnt matter bbecause your opinions dont mean anything.

PAGAN 9JA:

That link shows portrays the Garamantes as a settled and highly civilize people. so why are you contradicting yourself. are you trying to prove how unreliable these first person Roman accounts are
Um...Did you not read where it said the Romans recorded them as Nomads. Seriously stop with the denial and desperation.

PAGAN 9JA:

Whats wrong with you? I said i had 2 lines of views. and I specified I was more inclined towards one.

but you are clearly trying to pose the black race as the purer and more likely race in the Tuareg case.

It seems you are biased.

More irrelevant stuff that doesn't prove anything.

You cant even do simple research which is sad.

PAGAN 9JA:

EXACTLY!

THis was what I have been telling for ages.

Indians range from light brown to dark brown, depending on their caste/tribe or within caste diversity.

So this shows how unreliable these Greek Accounts are since they label any hue as Ethiopian without differentiation.

And you were claiming that Ethiopian meant specifically BLACK .

Stop contradicting yourself! angry
No they meant the darker skin Indians like Dravidian/Tamils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gqKjMom0w&list=PLAAE22866E89E457D

I already told you Ethiopian meant BURNT SKIN!

No one is contradicting themselves. Its just that your an idiot. smiley

PAGAN 9JA:

which entailed a life of nomadism.

Nomadism does not mean cattle herding. To be a nomad is to display mobility.

Im not in denial. Many of your sources were not proper research material!

Sources for what? Whatever ive claimed is available online. you can find hem easily.

More moot/futile desperate attempts. Why don't YOU bring forth your sources that DEBUNK mines!

I'll wait(again)...

PAGAN 9JA:

True . the slave-descent Tuareg are not even proper Tuareg.

I have already told you before that Tuareg are not restrained by national boundaries. This research is a very futile effort. The Tuareg keep migrating. it depends on the group on which the research is conducted.

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot.

just a while ago you were claiming Libyan Tuareg are the purest in terms of being BErber and now you show that they have 50% Sub Saharan dna which proves their slave descent.

LOL! No one is shooting themselves in the foot. Stop saying that when you havent even back up any of you broken claims. And sgain stop putting words in my mouth dingleberry. I NEVER said Libyan Tuaregs were the purest Tuaregs. I dont use pseudo-science terms like 'pure' like you do. I said Libya has high numbers of dark skin ones.

Prove that Libyan Tuaregs are slave descendants. I DARE YOU. With sources. I have continued you to punk and debunk you while you couldnt even do a darn thing. Meanwhile Algerian Tuaregs carry LESS Berber E-M81, while 'West African' Tuaregs like those from Mali and Burkina Faso carry E-M81 around 70-80%.

SIT DOWN!

PAGAN 9JA:

Great so now Kabyles are also Blacks. What a load of bs.

This is why i posted about the Kabyles on purpose. to see whether you would claim them as blacks as well. (which you inevitably did)

dont show me these colonial drawings. show me real pictures.

These are todays Kabyles:

[img]http://b.imdoc.fr/1/divers/tenues-kabyles-traditionnelles/photo/9158525915/20317113ed7/tenues-kabyles-traditionnelles-kabyle-fille-hameaux-img.jpg[/img]

[img]http://lestizis.free.fr/Kabylie-1900/Villages-Kabyles-1900/slides/Village-Kabyle-17.jpg[/img]

Now you will also inevitably say that these are mixed with Europeans. *smh

lol...Using Kabylia that are obviously descendants of Europeans by just looking at their clothing which as BALKAN INFLUENCE!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dude those 'colonial drawings' are drawings by people who actually SAW the early Kabylia. Your opinion against there's. No one even said the Kaybylia were black, again stop putting words in my mouth. Europeans were absorbed into the Kabylia after the Moorish were expelled and European slavery!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/mar/10/20040310-115506-8528r/

There mtDNA even proves my point. Do some research...You will never find white looking Berbers prior to the 15/16th century and thats a fact! There are still some African Kabylia among them today!

Show me historic records of white looking Berbers prior to the 15/16th century. I'll wait. smiley

PAGAN 9JA:

however if europeans mixed with "black" Kabyles, wont the dominant black alele prevail. these people dont have a trace of brown in them, forget black.

Or else you will give me some conspiracy theory that europeans came in, extermnated all the BErbers ad are now staying in their place and wearing their clothes.

Im waiting. .

There is no conspiracy. Again my sources>>>>>>>Your opinions. Stop acting like your opinions are above known FACTS and people who ACTUALLY SAW THEM. There are still African Kayblia among them.
[img]http://content.lib.washington.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/ic&CISOPTR=650&DMSCALE=100.00000&DMWIDTH=802&DMHEIGHT=1302.2164948454&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=5&DMTHUMB=0&DMROTATE=0[/img]

I hope you know slavery of Europeans and Europeans taken to North Africa continued on well until the 18th century!!! Done by these people.

Now wheres your sources?

PAGAN 9JA:

You dont need to be sorry. They still have the same culture and are ethnically similar. The origin myths probably refer to the origin of the different clans withing them.

(except the Bella and other mixed groups)
This further proves that Tuareg as an ethnic group existed way before.

You just deflated your argument...Which proves my point(and Fulaman) that not all agree on there origins. Thank you. smiley

Now dont ignore this. smiley

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:30am On Nov 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Food for thought. If I conquered you and killed your fathers, do you really believe I will tell you the truth? How come afro-centrists love quoting white people. This is a stinking dilemma that would put every well weaned man off

Don't you think you are being very hypocritical?
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't understand why myself

lol...He so desperately for some reason wants to make ALL the darker skinned Tuaregs the result of slavery(yet Tuaregs actually had more European slaves). He has not even posted any sources+links backing up his claims, while ignoring the sources+links I posted and saying their 'random'.

He thinks his opinions are above historians and peer reviewed sources. Yet calls me a blackcentric, while he is the one with the agenda.

He's a funny character. grin
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:34am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

lol...He so desperately for some reason wants to make ALL the darker skinned Tuaregs the result of slavery(yet Tuaregs actually had more European slaves). He has not even posted any sources+links backing up his claims, while ignoring the sources+links I posted and saying their 'random'.

He thinks his opinions are above historians and peer reviewed sources. Yet calls me a blackcentric, while he is the one with the agenda.

He's a funny character. grin

Yeah, please read all the comments I made as well.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yeah, please read all the comments I made as well.

I did. Like I said his goal is to make all black looking Tuaregs descendant of slaves.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198: It still happens today, white women seem to like black men. They like Fulani, Songhai(Zarma), Toubou, etc. They seem to come to Africa to learn more about the culture I guess it fascinates them. There are even some white women who have children from African fathers on this forum today.

Correct that there is no such thing as a pure Touareg. The Berber groups in Morocco are ever less Berber. I don't even think they speak their language. They only speak Arabic mainly. A lot of Amaizghen have mixed with Romans and Greeks in Morocco.

I agree there is no such thing as pure Tuareg!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Or a pure Berber!!! 'Pure' seems to be PAGAN9 favorite word, when Berber is only a LANGUAGE GROUP. The only thing Berbers share with each other is language and thats it. Everything else is different. Berbers from the coast are mainly of European origin and you can see it. Most of their traditions/clothing is not even originally Berber but European influence.

Just look at the European influenced clothing this women is wearing!!! shocked shocked shocked
[img]http://b.imdoc.fr/1/divers/tenues-kabyles-traditionnelles/photo/9158525915/20317113ed7/tenues-kabyles-traditionnelles-kabyle-fille-hameaux-img.jpg[/img]

Balkans

Coincidence?

Meanwhile the early Berbers most likely dressed something like this.
[img]http://lestizis.free.fr/Divers-1900/Scenes-Types/Types-Kabyles/slides/Jeunes-Filles-Kabyles-01.jpg[/img]

Or this being unclad. grin

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:46am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I did. Like I said his goal is to make all black looking Tuaregs descendant of slaves.

Which would be very wrong and euro-centric. Tuaregs never defeated the Songhai in battle. Therefore, they never enslaved them. If anything, it is probably vice versa in Mali. A lot of Songhai are actually probably Tuareg, because once defeated they were integrated into Songhai culture
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Which would be very wrong and euro-centric. Tuaregs never defeated the Songhai in battle. Therefore, they never enslaved them. If anything, it is probably vice versa in Mali. A lot of Songhai are actually probably Tuareg, because once defeated they were integrated into Songhai culture

Actually both you and him are right. Tuaregs like many Berbers were under the THUMB of Western Sudanic empires like the Ghana, Mali and Songhai. And the Tuaregs always worked under the Songhai Empire always doing their bitting and always working trade/being soldiers.

But he is right that recently that Tuaregs do have Songhai slaves, but it is small scale that it is not even noticeable and the slavery is not even not even the type of slavery say those of the USA. And I heard their slaves can even buy their freedom. What PAGAN9 forgets to mention that Tuaregs(along with almost everyone during the medieval era) had European slaves specifically those from Europe.

Also read my recent post above...
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:58am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Actually both you and him are right. Tuaregs like many Berbers were under the THUMB of Western Sudanic empires like the Ghana, Mali and Songhai. And the Tuaregs always worked under the Songhai Empire always doing their bitting and always working trade/being soldiers.

But he is right that recently that Tuaregs do have Songhai slaves, but it is small scale that it is not even noticeable and the slavery is not even not even the type of slavery say those of the USA. And I heard their slaves can even buy their freedom. What PAGAN9 forgets to mention that Tuaregs(along with almost everyone during the medieval era) had European slaves specifically those from Europe.

Also read my recent post above...

The slavery in Africa was never anything like slavery in the new world. Slaves were like indentured servants who were victims of war.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 2:59am On Nov 25, 2013
Btw, good post
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 25, 2013
@Fulaman

Yes Fulaman African slavery was completely different and less harsh. And thanks.

Oh and there is one more thing I forgot to mention. Like I said the majority of the slaves taken during medieval times(and up to the 18th century) were Europeans, BUT Eastern European slavs. Remember slave comes from the word slav. Coincidence? But let me go on more....What PAGAN9 keeps forgetting is that a lot of Eastern European Slavs ended up in North Africa and I mean a lot. They even ended up in the hands of Tuaregs, empires like Mali and even all the way down to Cameroon. Its true...Eastern European slaves especially women were in HIGH demand.

Also can clearly see the Eastern European/Balkan slavic influence on these Kabylia girls clothing.

People from Balkans.

Its so OBVIOUS!

Its all because p*mp daddy E-M81...These people.

Had a thing for mtDNA H which are these people.
[img]http://abagond.files./2011/03/petra.jpg[/img]

Which resulted to this!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yep...Mister E-M81 had to many white wimminz for his own good.

That explains the whole story of modern day North Africans in a nutshell.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 3:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Don't you think you are being very hypocritical?
not at all.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Dibiachukwu: 3:48am On Nov 25, 2013
The funny part is that the sword of famine has already been set. And the big stage is probably Nigeria. One mistake can have dire consequences. It is all about balancing the evil forces. It is going to fail. Nations shall fight agains nations. Kingdoms against kingdoms. The children of the most high would be triumphant this time. grin
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 25, 2013
I've actually been wondering all along if it's accurate to say that there were no 'white-looking' people in North Africa before the Spanish Reconquista in the 15th century.

It seems we are forgetting one earlier period in history when the area was overrun by German tribesmen (the Vandals) soon after the fall of Rome in the 5th century. I really doubt that those Nordic Germans didn't leave any phenotypic mark.

It also seems to me rather odd that blond hair and blue eyes occur in the Berber population more frequently among the Kabyles and the Riffians who occupy mountainous and not easily accessible terrains. Now the relative inaccessibility of those areas suggest to me that we are probably dealing with very ancient communities here. I don't think the Christian Spaniards kicked the Moors so hard that they not only fled back to Africa, but went up difficult mountain passes even after they've reached the safety of Morocco. I think the expelled Moors remained in lowlying cities like Marrakesh, etc and continued the civilized lives they knew in Spain. Highland-dwelling Berbers like the Kabyle and the Rif Berbers IMO represent an older subset of Berber culture among whom blond hair and non-black, non-brown eyes weren't entirely unknown.

I have encountered references from classical (Greek and Roman) writers who remarked on blond hair and green eyes among certain Libyan (ie, Berber) tribesmen in antiquity.This would mean that those physical traits were present in North Africa even before the Vandal conquest. Ancient Egyptians, as well, depicted Libyans as light-skinned. Much lighter skinned than themselves.

I'm far from suggesting that North Africa was another Scandinavia. But my theory is that North Africa was peopled by the same wave of migrations that peopled Southern Europe, especially the Iberian Peninsula. And the presence (indeed the predominance) of a basically Eurasian stock in North Africa goes farther back than the 15th or the 5th century. Immigration of Afro-Asiatic East Africans brought the proto-Berber language. And of course interbreeding with 'subsaharan' peoples (they probably weren't all that 'sub-saharan' back then) has been an age old phenomenon.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Fulaman198(m): 4:38am On Nov 25, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Fulaman

Yes Fulaman African slavery was completely different and less harsh. And thanks.

Oh and there is one more thing I forgot to mention. Like I said the majority of the slaves taken during medieval times(and up to the 18th century) were Europeans, BUT Eastern European slavs. Remember slave comes from the word slav. Coincidence? But let me go on more....What PAGAN9 keeps forgetting is that a lot of Eastern European Slavs ended up in North Africa and I mean a lot. They even ended up in the hands of Tuaregs, empires like Mali and even all the way down to Cameroon. Its true...Eastern European slaves especially women were in HIGH demand.

Also can clearly see the Eastern European/Balkan slavic influence on these Kabylia girls clothing.

People from Balkans.

Its so OBVIOUS!

Its all because p*mp daddy E-M81...These people.

Had a thing for mtDNA H which are these people.
[img]http://abagond.files./2011/03/petra.jpg[/img]

Which resulted to this!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yep...Mister E-M81 had to many white wimminz for his own good.

That explains the whole story of modern day North Africans in a nutshell.

Very nice information
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 25, 2013
@Fulaman

Thanks. smiley
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Radoillo: I've actually been wondering all along if it's accurate to say that there were no 'white-looking' people in North Africa before the Spanish Reconquista in the 15th century.

It seems we are forgetting one earlier period in history when the area was overrun by German tribesmen (the Vandals) soon after the fall of Rome in the 5th century. I really doubt that those Nordic Germans didn't leave any phenotypic mark.

It also seems to me rather odd that blond hair and blue eyes occur in the Berber population more frequently among the Kabyles and the Riffians who occupy mountainous and not easily accessible terrains. Now the relative inaccessibility of those areas suggest to me that we are probably dealing with very ancient communities here. I don't think the Christian Spaniards kicked the Moors so hard that they not only fled back to Africa, but went up difficult mountain passes even after they've reached the safety of Morocco. I think the expelled Moors remained in lowlying cities like Marrakesh, etc and continued the civilized lives they knew in Spain. Highland-dwelling Berbers like the Kabyle and the Rif Berbers IMO represent an older subset of Berber culture among whom blond hair and non-black, non-brown eyes weren't entirely unknown.

I have encountered references from classical (Greek and Roman) writers who remarked on blond hair and green eyes among certain Libyan (ie, Berber) tribesmen in antiquity.This would mean that those physical traits were present in North Africa even before the Vandal conquest. Ancient Egyptians, as well, depicted Libyans as light-skinned. Much lighter skinned than themselves.

I'm far from suggesting that North Africa was another Scandinavia. But my theory is that North Africa was peopled by the same wave of migrations that peopled Southern Europe, especially the Iberian Peninsula. And the presence (indeed the predominance) of a basically Eurasian stock in North Africa goes farther back than the 15th or the 5th century. Immigration of Afro-Asiatic East Africans brought the proto-Berber language. And of course interbreeding with 'subsaharan' peoples (they probably weren't all that 'sub-saharan' back then) has been an age old phenomenon.

The Vandal population of North Africa was quite small. Not only that but Vandals differentiated themselves between the native Berbers. Just look up "Was White Beautiful in Vandal Africa?". Also Blond hair is extremely fair in Berbers/North Africans. Trust me....Many North Africans will tell you that the European looking ones with blond hair and the stereotypical African looking ones are a rare minority. Must Northwest Africans look like this.

This North African girl I knew looked something like this.

Not saying that there were no non Africans in Northwest Africa before the Moorish were expelled, but the BULK of them came from that and thats where we official see white looking Berber tribes. Before that NO non African group...Repeat NO non African group claim to be Berber. Again there is no sources of non African Berber groups prior to the 15/16th century. Yes there obviously were non Africans in Northwest Africa prior to the 15/16th century, but they never claimed to be Berber. Also you have to understand that both Rif Berbers and Kabyle Berbers are recent Berber groups, but they were originally African(just see the pictures I posted of the Rif Berber pirates and old photos of Kabyle).

As for the Libyans...You're talking about the sea people who came MUCH later and were still a minority who assimilated into the Ancient Libyans. The Romans and Greeks always referred to the Ancient Libyans as Ethiopians, I even posted that to PAGAN. Also you can see my photos of how the Ancient Libyans were depicted. The white Libyans were a small and recent group descendants from the sea people.

As for the mountains...You have to note this...Mountians like the rif were actually barriers to outsiders than the local population.

Rif Region
The beautiful Rif is a mountain range that extends from Tangier in the west to the Moulouya River in the east and the Mediterranean sea in the north to the river of Ouargha in the south. The mountain region derives its name from the Berber word, arif. They belong to the Alboran Sea region but are not a part of the Atlas Mountains. The region is well known for its geographic diversity, as it is home to mountains, the sea, rivers, and hills. Major cities in the region are Nador, Al Hoceima, Ajdir and Taza, among others.

The Rif was initially inhabited by the Berbers and was later invaded by the Phoenicians in the 3rd century BC, followed by the Romans and the Byzantines. The high plateau of Eastern Morocco: In the rain shadow region of the Atlas chain lies the broad valley of Moulouya. It stretches for about 530 kms rights from the Middle Atlas and goes right up to the Mediterranean Sea. Set to the southeast of the Atlas Mountains, this is a plateau formation at an altitude of 1300m (3900 feet). It stretches in the eastern direction to the Moroccan-Algerian border. It abruptly drops to the southwest and make a smoother transition toward the coastline. There are different small towns like Asni, Tin Mal that you can check out. The artificial lake Lalla Takerkoust created due the hydroelectric dam serves as a good source for the villages around it.

http://www.marokko-info.nl/english/landscape-of-morocco/

The Rif

Remember the Almoravid Berber dynasty and other Berbers which controlled Iberia actually came from the Senegal river AKA the south and not from the highlands.

Most of the foreign populations remained at the coast, since it's hard to enter beyond the Rif and dessert. Which only indigenous Nomadic pastoral populations are familiar with, such as the Tuareg, Fula and other Berber groups.

Anyways this should help explain things easily.

" During historic times, Berbers experienced a long and complicated history with many invasions, conquests, and migrations by Phoenicians, Romans, Vandals, Byzantines, Arabs, Bedouins, Spanish, Turks, Andalusians, sub-Saharans (communities settled in Jerba and Gabes in the 16th–19th centuries), and French (Brett and Fentress 1996). During these invasions, Berbers were forced back to the mountains and to certain villages in southern Tunisia (Fadhlaoui-Zid et al. 2004)."

Again I am not denying Non Africans in North Africa prior to the 15/16th century. But specifically non African Berber...Because we really do not start seeing white looking Berber groups prior to the 15/16th century.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by macof(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2013
And this thread started wit Ijebu embarassed
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 25, 2013
macof: And this thread started wit Ijebu embarassed

And Jebusites/Canaanites grin
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by ladionline: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2013
Radoillo:

And the pics of all the races of the world descended and feast on it cry
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
ladionline:

And the pics of all the races of the world descended and feast on it cry

Hey, u gotta admit it was kinda fun. wink
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by ladionline: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Radoillo:

Hey, u gotta admit it was kinda fun. wink
Of course i'm proud to be part of it, it was the undying regal spirit at work. The charm or Ijebu aura is most powerful. Though I'm lost a long while ago, having fun with the pop corn dude while y'all at dagger drawn.
Re: Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! by davidoluyemo: 6:01am On Oct 15, 2015
Radoillo:

I wanted to contribute something here. These are statements made by portuguese and english explorers. The portuguese said that Ijebu people were Jewish in their business practices.The english explorer Clapperton said the sultan of Sokoto described all Yoruba as descended from the Nimrod(Lamurudu) tribe of Canaan. Daura in Katsina is supposed to be the name of a Canaanite princess.

Besides this, most of the major west African tribes that i have researched have stories of moving from the north because of the encroaching desert or Muslim. invaders.

These are in history books. We don't have to believe them. But these are the stories that your forefathers told the first whitemen that came to these lands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Igbo Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.