Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver (1410 Views)

Our Presidential Candidate Will Be Voted By All Party Members – PDP / APC Party Leaders Courtesy Visit To OBJ Residence Earlier Today (PHOTOS) / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by taharqa: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
[size=16]Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 brand new Cars for APC Party members for 2nd Year Anniversary; Money Disappears as Car Dealers Protest-- DAILY TRUST[/size]

[b]Car dealers in Zamfara State are angry with the state government for refusing to pay for 1,000 cars it took from them and distributed to party members during the administration’s recent second anniversary celebration.

Some leaders of the car dealers association told Daily Trust in Gusau that the state governor’s younger brother, Jafaru Yari, contacted them to supply over 1000 vehicles about 10 months ago. The supply was made under the supervision of Jafaru who has not facilitated payment till now.
“The deal looked like the governor’s brother wanted to polish and uplift our business to greater height as we were asked to supply over 1,000 cars, but it is unfortunate that Governor Yari himself told us that payment had already been made just a day after. When we pursued for the payment we found out that there was no directive on that,” an association leader told our correspondent in Gusau. He further said the association had been under pressure from car dealers within and outside the country, which calls for a protest.[/b]

“Though we decided to stage a protest last Monday, a move from a certain quarter prevented it because we were convinced by that commitment that there would be payment very soon”, a leader said. Efforts to contact Jafaru Yari and government officials proved abortive.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/10579-zamfara-govt-owes-us-money-for-1000-anniversary-cars-dealers
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by talktimi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
The main clueless ones are exiting their shells
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by taharqa: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
Some leaders of the car dealers association told Daily Trust in Gusau that the state governor’s younger brother, Jafaru Yari, contacted them to supply over 1000 vehicles about 10 months ago. The supply was made under the supervision of Jafaru who has not facilitated payment till now.
“The deal looked like the governor’s brother wanted to polish and uplift our business to greater height as we were asked to supply over 1,000 cars, but it is unfortunate that Governor Yari himself told us that payment had already been made just a day after. When we pursued for the payment we found out that there was no directive on that,” an association leader told our correspondent in Gusau.

Even the money for the unbelievably Extravangant and Illegal (it is illegal to use Tax payers money to buy cars for party members in order to buy political patronage, even if those party members na 'Progressives' tongue) don grow wings, fly away.
The Brother of the 'Progressive' Gov na im do the magic. Original Government Magic grin grin grin.

Oya, all those emergency 'Anti-Corruption' Activists, here on NL or anywhere, over to yaall. Abeg, join me as we fight corruption. Yes We Can kiss. Lets make plenty Noise, Biko nu. Zamfara Government MUST RESIGN. cheesy

#onenigeria

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by solomon111(m): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hahaha.
And these are the same people that think they can do better than GEJ.
Smh.
zamfara state has suffered.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by thewarrior72: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by taharqa: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Where d HYPOCRITES dem dey?? Almost 200 views, no talk. Abi, una don finali DUMB?... Na laugh we dey..
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by taharqa: 9:55am On Nov 26, 2013
talktimi: The main clueless ones are exiting their shells
abi?
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
THREAD CLOSED. ORDER FROM ABOVE
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2013
Is PETER OBI NOT DOING SAME IN ANAMBRA? To label it APC is mischievous. They should be investigated and jailed.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Nnewi1stSon: 10:20am On Nov 26, 2013
Obiagelli: Is PETER OBI NOT DOING SAME IN ANAMBRA? To label it APC is mischievous. They should be investigated and jailed.
Madam, are u okay in the cranium? Inasmuch as i hate Peter Adaobi, i dont take it lightly with people that tend to peddle falsehood just to score cheap polical points. Adaobi distributed cars to directors of ministries,Members of the state vigilantee,Traditional rulers and NOT 'Apga members'!

Iti boribo angry

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Nnewi1stSon: 10:22am On Nov 26, 2013
So much for the 'Progrethieves', i could bet the clueless buffon equally paid his tithe to the frog eyed thieving kleptomaniac 'Tinubu'.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2013
Obiagelli: Is PETER OBI NOT DOING SAME IN ANAMBRA? To label it APC is mischievous. They should be investigated and jailed.
Obi distributed cars to people in his government and as much as i believe that is a waste, it's better than distributing cars to party members.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Dannylux: 11:13am On Nov 26, 2013
Making the rich; richer and the poor; poorer.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Madam, are u okay in the cranium? Inasmuch as i hate Peter Adaobi, i dont take it lightly with people that tend to peddle falsehood just to score cheap polical points. Adaobi distributed cars to directors of ministries,Members of the state vigilantee,Traditional rulers and NOT 'Apga members'!

Iti boribo angry

and the directors are appointed/promoted by who? You talk as if you don't know how politics work in Nigeria, can you find any pdp director in Lagos state government for instance. Btw I don't hate Peter obi, i am indifferent bout him.

Afam4eva:
Obi distributed cars to people in his government and as much as i believe that is a waste, it's better than distributing cars to party members.

who gets top post in government if not party members, the zamfara guy was just careless about his own gifts. FACT HERE IS WASTE.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by Afolabs101: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
@topic, this is the usual phenomenon among our Government, they get to office and see the treasury as their private bank account. It reminds me of countries like Saudi Arabia or Jordan where the Central Bank acts as the personal bank of the Royal Families. Let them investigate and prosecute. I feel sorry for the car dealers though, many of them may go out of business because of this embarassed

It's funny how people post stories about corruption and then there's jubilation??

@taharqa, you call the "apc guys/Eko" hypocrites but you and your friends are exactly the same. A pro-GEJ politician is accused of something and you're on the defensive. Both sides of this e-war could use exactly the same statements when it comes to accusing the other side or defending one of their own. The funny thing is, both sides are guilty of the same thing. The mind frame of the political class is the same, irrespective of the party or tribe they belong to.
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by naptu2: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2013

1) The fact that Peter Obi is doing the same in Anambra would not be an excuse for the Zamfara State Government to use public funds for private purposes.

I feel uncomfortable when I see state governors flying party flags on their official cars. These cars were bought with public funds, ie, the taxes of citizens who might support their party, a rival party or no party at all. Public funds, properties and facilities should certainly not be used for private ends (except where there's a clear benefit to the general public).

I remember that Vice President Gore was widely criticised for using a phone in the White House to solicit for campaign funds. The Labour Party had to hire an armoured Daimler to ferry Tony Blair around during the election campaign.
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/04/us/gore-says-he-did-nothing-illegal-in-soliciting-from-white-house.html

The idea of public officials using public funds for private purposes should not be condoned at all.

2) Having said that, in this case, the auto dealers said that they were approached by the Governor's brother. Is the governor's brother a public official? They claim that they have not been paid and there is no evidence that public funds have been spent. I would like to get more information on this. Were the cars ordered by the government, the governor (in his private capacity) or the party?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by naptu2: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Zamfara Govt Buys 1000 Brand New Cars For APC Party Members For 2nd Year Anniver by taharqa: 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Afolabs101: @topic, this is the usual phenomenon among our Government, they get to office and see the treasury as their private bank account. It reminds me of countries like Saudi Arabia or Jordan where the Central Bank acts as the personal bank of the Royal Families. Let them investigate and prosecute. I feel sorry for the car dealers though, many of them may go out of business because of this embarassed

It's funny how people post stories about corruption and then there's jubilation??

@taharqa, you call the "apc guys/Eko" hypocrites but you and your friends are exactly the same. A pro-GEJ politician is accused of something and you're on the defensive. Both sides of this e-war could use exactly the same statements when it comes to accusing the other side or defending one of their own. The funny thing is, both sides are guilty of the same thing. The mind frame of the political class is the same, irrespective of the party or tribe they belong to.
I am on d 'defensive' when I bliv that d Accusing party is distorting info or even outrightly Lying against GEJ (which is ever so often with d orchestrated Propaganda against him by Power mongers), however I hv at various times stood even against him here on such issues here on NL when it is clear to me that either him or his Govt erred. I wud never had supported any person who buys hundreds of cars for party members, at least in that respect, for instance. Never. One tin I don't do, even in Real life, is HYPOCRISY. I so HATE it..

(1) (Reply)

US Fines Bilfinger (JULIUS BERGER) $32m For Bribing Nigerian Officials / President Jonathan Will Lose His Hometown In 2015- Tonye Okio / Asari Changed To Islam To Be Trained In Libya Terrorist Camp – David West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.