Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202428 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 6:21am On Nov 26, 2013
But wetin mk dem vote for and against the suspension of the strike?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 6:24am On Nov 26, 2013
falconey: This is when we need boko boys.......bomb ASUU .....bomb FG!!!!!!!!!
Boko haram won't bomb them, cos this is one of the things dey v bin agitating for. ASUU workin wit boko haram, GEJ Should send jtf to ASUU camp..

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LizyL: 6:27am On Nov 26, 2013
this is just sad, very very sad. greediness is what is killing this country and that is why we can't move forward as a nation. corruption and greed is present in all sectors especially in this education sector after seeein what ASUU really wants. bye till next year I guess. *sobs*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by dayoblacky1(m): 6:28am On Nov 26, 2013
I av said it earlier that ASUU president himself Nasir Fagae is a BOKOHARAM.....they want to use d strike as an avenue for them to accomplish one of thier agenda to demolish education in dis country......Most ASUU chapter from d western and eastern region want the strike to end according to thier votes but those from d north never wanted it to end......Students open ur eyes....just last week a lecturer was caught in one of the university in part of d north as a bokoharaam member. You guys should wake up from ur slumber.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mayorall(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2013
After they will be disturbing me every Fridays that I don't come to MLT for NANS meeting. Collect 1k from freshers as membership fee. I promise you all this useless association will cease to exist in my school. Gonna poison the mind of the freshers. Toothless id.ots.

Werrey ASUU too claimed to be fighting for us, so are we the one they wanna give the free 4 Month salaries?. Salaries they didn't work for. They dont come to school, just to Sign ordinary I.T letter they refused. May God punish you all.

GEJ may God forgive me for the bad things I have said against you. May God help you to conquer your enemies. When you said ASUU strike is political I called you mumu and Jonathan at your back, now I take my words, its now obvious the strike is truly political and also the agenda of the North to make your Government unpopular. Guess you are good man but your environment, the people around you are corrupt so you can't get my vote comes 2015. I am sorry for this sir.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU is commiting suicide by this display of unneccessary obstinacy. Even the members are complaining with all public sympathy lost.
if it continues like this, one big university will pull out and many will follow. Then ASUU will be banned. Xmas is here and the members especially the junior ones are broke.
knowing the right time to fight and stop is a good quality of a true warrior.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2013
i tell u na unilorin get sense past
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 6:40am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU tire me o!! 5years turning to 7yrs, i dey study ELECT-ELECT. Em don turn to MEDICINE ELECT-ELECT. ASUU God dey ooooo!!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2013
pls let fg use all forceable means on dem
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Donaldmike(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2013
Abeg howfar about the meeting held in ibadan yesterday? mayb south gonna pull out who knws.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Donaldmike(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Abeg howfar about the meeting held in ibadan yesterday? mayb southwest gonna pull out who knws.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mayorall(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2013
yetunsbay: i tell u na unilorin get sense past

Our school is pulling out early December boss.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 6:51am On Nov 26, 2013
wey these deltans make dem let dem call off under duress
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by vocalprince(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2013
I thank all of U that dimed it fit to keep us updated on this ASUU thing. Nw I can comfortably kneel down and pray for the DEATH of all the yeye ppl that are playing pool with my future. I for don dey Finland by nw o!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 6:53am On Nov 26, 2013
mayorall:

Our school is pulling out early December boss.
ope ooooooooooo.walahi am damn happy.nxt wk shey? Tnks egbon
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by darefams: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2013
Head funaab is also planning to pull out! I jst hope this is true.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tlaret24(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2013
ABUJA — The Federal Government, yesterday,
condemned the new conditions which Academic Staff
Union of Universities, ASUU, insists must be met
before the five-month old strike could be called off.
The three conditions were payment of four months
salaries, which accumulated during the period of the
strike; immediate implementation of the N1.2 trillion
offered by the government to public universities,
starting with the release of N100 billion this year and
the balance of N1.1 trillion to be spread over five
years from 2014.
The union also demanded that the salary arrears
must not be paid in piecemeal.
These were some of the resolutions reached by
members of the National Executive Council, NEC, of
the union that met in Kano on Friday.
Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike,
condemned the new conditions but assured that he
would present them before President Goodluck
Jonathan.www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/fg-condemns-asuus-new-demands/

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2013
I knew GEJ nt being present at dt meeting wasnt goin 2 b fruitful.Al i knw is,it wont remain lyk dis 4eva.Wot eva has a beginnin must definately av an end!gud mawnin

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by darefams: 6:57am On Nov 26, 2013
Our colleagues in Unilag weldone. Gudnews cming 4rm there, as they want d strike to end dis week. Anytin less dan this, they wil pull out. Great decision
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2013
darefams: Head funaab is also planning to pull out! I jst hope this is true.

i hope so too!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 26, 2013
And are u sure u are a student of that skl? Go 2ru ur post and modify it.
darefams: Head funaab is also planning to pull out! I jst hope this is true.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Are u pple studying spanish? How one earth did u understand wot he wrote? #Funaab #IrepTasued
Hayormeah:

i hope so too!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by great664(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2013
Federal government condems Assu new demand, so Assu and Federal government wan kill us be that.
Read More Here http://www.naijatrumpet.com/2013/11/fg-condems-assu-new-demand-vanguard.html
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU is only asking for their backlog of salaries. There is nothing new in their demands, once government agrees to that, all should be well. GEJ should have been present in that meeting together with Ngozi. It looks like this week is going again, the presidency mismanaged this situation. WADA was the demonic agent that stood in the way.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 7:14am On Nov 26, 2013
>>WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANITHING YET!d problem is not with ASUU or fg,we are not ready for a change as citizens,our selfish nature has put us were we are,see!in nigeria it is only wen d issue bits u dat u react,if u're not affected den u dont care,if u have billions and ur neighbour have notin den u dont care,dats d problem we have,y cant we fight as a collective body for a change..TO BE HONEST nigeria is going nowhere in d nxt 20yrs if we tink constitution change will b d solution,,don't worry,wen d cup is full d country will react,afterall those criminals in d arms of affair are use to our abusive talks on radios nd social media so they dont care.WE ARE NOT READY OOO,wen we are ready no one will tell us wat to do,,wat happens wen d strike has been call off and we go bk to school?when we graduate we face d 'job palava' then u'll come bk to dis same forum looking for job and still complain,,,NIGERIANS!!!we are nt ready,so u mean all SUG's can come together and move its student to d gate of all goverment bodies,well dats if d student will answer,d ones dat are comfortable wont even move an inch,afterall they still ave money to spend,daddy is rich,i have bb10 nd iphone,ha!we are not ready!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2013
@complete1

The FG should just pay them the cash and let the universities reopen. What is so hard in that? The 100 billion was already promised before so its all about their salary backlog.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2013
The meeting can never be Successfull since mr president was not on sit......mr president should knw by now that he his surrounded by leaders that are not ready to use their senses for the development of the country,various ministers have been negotiating with ASUU without consensus,if not for mr president intervation by now am very sure this so called ministers will continue their deadlock meeting...i was nt expecting fruitfu meeting since mr president was not on sit yesterday..........shaking my bald head
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by darefams: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2013
complete1: >>WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANITHING YET!d problem is not with ASUU or fg,we are not ready for a change as citizens,our selfish nature has put us were we are,see!in nigeria it is only wen d issue bits u dat u react,if u're not affected den u dont care,if u have billions and ur neighbour have notin den u dont care,dats d problem we have,y cant we fight as a collective body for a change..TO BE HONEST nigeria is going nowhere in d nxt 20yrs if we tink constitution change will b d solution,,don't worry,wen d cup is full d country will react,afterall those criminals in d arms of affair are use to our abusive talks on radios nd social media so they dont care.WE ARE NOT READY OOO,wen we are ready no one will tell us wat to do,,wat happens wen d strike has been call off and we go bk to school?when we graduate we face d 'job palava' then u'll come bk to dis same forum looking for job and still complain,,,NIGERIANS!!!we are nt ready,so u mean all SUG's can come together and move its student to d gate of all goverment bodies,well dats if d student will answer,d ones dat are comfortable wont even move an inch,afterall they still ave money to spend,daddy is rich,i have bb10 nd iphone,ha!we are not ready!
my brother u jst said my mind. I dnt thnk we ar ready too. Dat thought was running tru my mind wen i posted my first comment. I agree with CHINUA ACHEBE, there was a country. This is a country where everyone fight 4 his own family.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Lilly001(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2013
If Unilag should pull out of this strike.
Den the strike don finish b dat.
because evry Uni wil follow der step ni bein d 1st Federal Uni to pull out + a strong uni *winks*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by habbyy03: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2013
anoda interestin episode....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by darefams: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2013
thisisayus: Are u pple studying spanish? How one earth did u understand wot he wrote? #Funaab #IrepTasued
my bro. I suspect u dnt knw d full meaning of funaab. Wel its federal university of agriculture abeokuta, ogun state. Jst change her name recently 4rm unaab.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU IS THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.