Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202424 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2013
yetunsbay: y cnt they be active during tym lyk dis?

e tire me o. . . . . Am of the view that JONA should take them to the industrial court.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:33am On Nov 26, 2013
falconey: This is when we need boko boys.......bomb ASUU .....bomb FG!!!!!!!!!
what has FG done again
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Rexsul: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2013
from wot av read...hmmm i gv up....see u guyz jan. 2014....2 my xtian palzzz i wish u happy xmas in advance nd if ur dad or mom is a lecturer plzzz go n hustle oo else u won't enjoy ur xmas...i gv up cry
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2013
sambas: Boko haram won't bomb them, cos this is one of the things dey v bin agitating for. ASUU workin wit boko haram, GEJ Should send jtf to ASUU camp..
lol
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2013
Please do not give up; the drama is about to end and suddenly too.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2013
otokx: @complete1

The FG should just pay them the cash and let the universities reopen. What is so hard in that? The 100 billion was already promised before so its all about their salary backlog.

Since the day I joined Nairaland till this moment, I have not insulted anyone but right now, I am very much tempted to INSULT you. I will just apply self restraint, as you are entitled to your opinions no matter how stu.pid and idiotic they may be.

Can you please delete your comment??

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Rummenigge(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2013
Thunder faya ASUU yansh!!! Mudafuckas!!!
Make FG no pay dem any salary, make dem suffa am 4 xmas. I knw say I no dey follow batch A for NYSC again. Make den wait till january b4 den kuku call d strike off.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2013
cutiepie01: thanks.Didnt mean 2 insult him,i thought he was referring 2 me,as d one downgrading d person dat made d mistake
☺k go and sin no more
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2013
dayoblacky1: I av said it earlier that ASUU president himself Nasir Fagae is a BOKOHARAM.....they want to use d strike as an avenue for them to accomplish one of thier agenda to demolish education in dis country......Most ASUU chapter from d western and eastern region want the strike to end according to thier votes but those from d north never wanted it to end......Students open ur eyes....just last week a lecturer was caught in one of the university in part of d north as a bokoharaam member. You guys should wake up from ur slumber.
shocked
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Donaldmike(m): 7:44am On Nov 26, 2013
alcuin:

Since the day I joined Nairaland till this moment, I have not insulted anyone but right now, I am very much tempted to INSULT you. I will just apply self restraint, as you are entitled to your opinions no matter how stu.pid and idiotic they may be.

Is this how to insult? learn from sexkillz man undecided
alcuin:

Is this how to insult? learn from sexkillz man
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2013
Donaldmike: Is this how to insult? learn from sexkillz man undecidedIs this how to insult? learn from sexkillz man

Nah....I wasn't insulting him. Although, he deserves insult.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2013
kcy: shaking my bald head

Thank God it's a bald one. grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nkwachiabel(m): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2013

The FG should just pay them the cash and let the universities reopen. What is so hard in that? The 100 billion was already promised before so its all about their salary backlog.
Look @ ur self. Can you pay ur workers for four mths when they've not worked
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 26, 2013
I live in Abeokuta and I have battalions of friends dir, we even go dir to pick chiques up, na d grammatical blunder I dey talk abt. 'Head' how does that sound? Head ko epon ni!
darefams: my bro. I suspect u dnt knw d full meaning of funaab. Wel its federal university of agriculture abeokuta, ogun state. Jst change her name recently 4rm unaab.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 8:00am On Nov 26, 2013
To me ASUU will never sacrifice anything to get what they want. If na me be GEJ I no go pay them their salary because they didn't work for it. But FG should just give them so that students can go back to school. About the 100b, I know FG will do something about that because without that ASUU will think they fought for nothing. A promisory note from Mr. President should be granted if and only if Mr president want to stand out as a reliable and trustworthy leader. I think the promisory note will be used against Mr president if he try to derail from his promise and also to ensure that as far Mr. President is still in power, 220b will be injected into the country's educational sector annually.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2013
dis is Super Story
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2013
That criminal that calls himself Wike abi na *WICKED* is a fool for coming out to condemn what is not new. It is has always been the case that ASUU would press to get their unpaid salaries and ensure none of their members is victimised as a result of their struggle. There is nothing new in what they have done from what has been the trend. ASUU is a union and operates based on laid down rules. Does *WICKED* think ASUU as a body is Gov.Rotimi Amechi that he uses his Abuja connection to bully? As an errand boy, all he needed to do was take all what transpired in that meeting back to the President who, I suppose, should understand better. Instead of coming out to run his wide mouth all in the name of *I'm doing well* Wike does not mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians as he is not any better than every other typical polithiefian in Nigeria. Come to think of it, had Govt been responsible enough to keep to the 2009 Agreement with ASUU, strike would have been far from this system. Selfishness is the order of the day in Nigeria so don't blame ASUU for trying to cover their garri. Calling off is now in the hands of Mr President.Simple!

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 8:03am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU strike: FG should pay lectures salary arrears – NLC, TUCByAmeh Comrade Godwinon November 26, 2013@amcomradeTweet70The President of the Trade Union Congress, Mr. Boboi Kaigama and the Acting General Secretary of the Nigerian Labour Congress, Mr. Chris Uyot, yesterday called on the Federal Government to agree to the demands of protesting lecturers by paying their salary arrears from July to October, 2013.The duo, in separate interviews with PUNCH said that the way forward was to attend to the lecturers’ demands.According to Kaigama, the lecturers deserve to be paid their salaries, as goingon strike does not mean that they were no longer entitled to their salaries.His argument is that the Union went on strike because of the Federal Government’s inability to implement the 2009 agreement reached with the Universities lecturers.He said, “It is okay, they aresupposed to be paid their salaries; when one is on strike, it does not mean that he cannot be paid his or her salary.“They went on strike because of an agreement that was negotiated which the government has not been able to fulfil. The government should pay them their salaries. The situation would have been different if they were the ones that reneged on the agreement.”He said that the TUC and the NLC would back the Union to ensure the implementation of the last agreement as it was witnessed by him and the NLC President, Mr. Abdulwahed Omar.“The NLC President Omar, and I are living witnesses to the final agreement that was reached between themand the government; we will support them based onwhat we witnessed, based on what they agreed with the government and the new implementation strategy.“The TUC and the NLC will back them to ensure that the implementation strategy is followed. An aspect will be implementedthis year and the first quarter of next year,” he addedAlso speaking, the Acting General Secretary of NLC, Uyot said it was unlikely that the Federal Government would allow such a “minor issue” to derail its discussions with the Union, considering the fact that both parties wanted the issue of the lingering strike to be resolved.“Well, given the spirit of thediscussions between ASUU and government officials led by President Goodluck Jonathan, the issue of non-payment of salaries, we do not think, it’s something the governmentmight consider because the spirit was such that both parties, particularly the government wanted resolved.“So, we don’t think that a minute issue would derail the offer that the government has made.“In any case, both parties were involved in the strike. The Union signed an agreement with the government which the government did not implement, so government cannot say that it was not part of the problem,” he said. source: maggi, ugba and dailypost...

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sodiq3(m): 8:14am On Nov 26, 2013
CHAI!!! I GIVE UP
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2013

u r on point! The earlier we realise dt ASUU wld b paid their salaries,the beta.Its annoyin dt they wld receive salaries dey didnt work 4,l knw bt FG cnt deny d fact dt dey are unaware dt ASUU wld demand 4 deir salaries.Since FG knws dey wld stl pay them,dey shld do dt fast n lets gt bk to skul.Enough tym wasted!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 8:24am On Nov 26, 2013
falconey: This is when we need boko boys.......bomb ASUU .....bomb FG!!!!!!!!!
Have u forgotten dis 'WESTERN EDUCATION IS SINFUL?'
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2013
Hayormeah:

u r on point! The earlier we realise dt ASUU wld b paid their salaries,the beta.Its annoyin dt they wld receive salaries dey didnt work 4,l knw bt FG cnt deny d fact dt dey are unaware dt ASUU wld demand 4 deir salaries.Since FG knws dey wld stl pay them,dey shld do dt fast n lets gt bk to skul.Enough tym wasted!

Low IQ.

You cannot eat your cake and have it. Every battle has it's price.

ASUU must learn to pay the price of it's self-declared battles.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LadyJul(f): 8:29am On Nov 26, 2013
I just read in a newspaper that ASUU wants to end the strike mid january nxt yr and dats the reason y dey ar dellibrately prolonging the negotiation, many of these ASUU members knw dat wat ASUU is doing is very wrng but most of dem are scared to speak out, only the few bold and wise ones hav pulled or planning to pull out from the strike. If ASUU really wantd to end dis strike soon then they would had told jonathan dis offer d lst tym dey met wit him but dey waited dis lng b4 dey brought up dis new offer. We should shine our eyes and see dat dis strike has been politicalized to ruin GEJ tenure, dis greedy ASUU dnt care abt d students at all, all dey care abt is their big stomach. Am still suprise dat some students will stil come out and say they ar in support of ASUU when their future is at stake. Wasted 6months nor be joke at all o....

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2013
thisisayus: Are u pple studying spanish? How one earth did u understand wot he wrote? #Funaab #IrepTasued
what is wrong with his post now,he meant 'heard' and u could decipher that,meanwhile it is "HOW ON EARTH" and nt "HOW ONE EARTH"
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by miss2895(f): 8:32am On Nov 26, 2013
Its a sad news, but it was expected #hissing#
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by gentledove23: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU STRIKE LATEST: The Federal
Government, yesterday,
condemned the new conditions
which Academic
Staff Union of Universities, ASUU,
insists must be
met before the five-month old
strike could be
called off.
The three conditions were
payment of four months
salaries, which accumulated
during the period of
the strike; immediate
implementation of the N1.2
trillion offered by the government
to public
universities, starting with the
release of N100
billion this year and the balance of
N1.1 trillion to
be spread over five years from
The union also demanded that the
salary arrears
must not be paid in piecemeal.
These were some of the
resolutions reached by
members of the National
Executive Council, NEC, of
the union that met in Kano on
Friday.
Supervising Minister of Education,
Nyesom Wike,
condemned the new conditions
but assured that he
would present them before
President Goodluck
Jonathan.
Meanwhile, The Academic Staff
Union of Nigerian
Universities (ASUU) is planning to
end the
ongoing five-month strike mid-
January next
year, a faction of the University of
Lagos
(UNILAG) chapter alleged
yesterday.
According to the UNILAG ASUU
faction, “The target of ASUU is to
call off the strike by
mid-January of 2014 which is no
longer a
rumour in the domain of its
members."
Moreover, the management of
Ebonyi State
University, Abakaliki, EBSU,
yesterday ordered
lecturers and students of the
institution to return to
classes following the inability of
ASUU to end its
strike.
A statement by the Registrar of
the institution, Mr.
Sam Egwu, stressed that the
institution had
resolved to resume academic
activities regardless
of the ASUU-FG dispute, adding
that academic
activities would resume in all the
campuses of the
institution from today, Tuesday,
November 26.
EBSU chapter of ASUU however,
said that lecturers
would not return to classes until
their demands
were met in line with the position
of its national
body.
Vanguard News & NIGERIAN
TRIBUNE. Ladies nd gentle men ds d real news til jan b4 ds drama wil end so modrator close ds thread til jan

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2013
sambas: FROM A NIGERIAN!to the YOUTHS OF NIGERIA.It's a really sad thing that we who are expected to bring about a revolution in this country are now just toothless dogs in our own nation... we are so weak that even while writing this I am afraid if it will ever work.this country as it is doesn't favour usand we all know it. we are being ruled by politicians who to me are all the same either at federallevel, state level or local government level. Millions of us don't have jobs, millions of us are below the middle class and yet we are toothless and can't ACT. I HAVE A PROPOSAL.PLEASEDON'T INTERPRET THIS AS AN ATTACK ON THE PRESIDENT BECAUSE GOD SEES MY HEART THAT WHILE AM WRITING THIS IHAD NO BAD INTENTIONS TOWARDS HIM. rather this is a wake up call to we the toothless youths.this is my proposal: I want us in our various places not in a particular place but different places. to match out and walk in mass along our streets and protest.. we don't need a body for this ( BECAUSE THAT WILL ATTRACT THE SENTIMENTS OF RIVAL POLITCALPARTIES).. the plan is simple we are goin to use our phones in those various places to record our protest and upload it on theinternet. the protest will last for a week and it will be peaceful, WE ARE NOT ASKING THAT THE GOVERNMENT BE OVER-THROWN RATHER WE JUSTWANT THEM TO TRULLY KNOW THEY ARE NOT HELPING US ANDTHAT WE ARE NOT HAPPY.. if we can do such a thing within 2daysam sure even international newslike CNN and BBC will be compelled to send their news crew to Nigeria to withness the protest... and our government will know the youths have awoken. am not interested in gaining popularity and I will advice that we don't allow any body or union or party to join usin the protest.. the protest is simply for Nigerian youths... justus showing the world that we need change in our nationplease don't let this die.. please share. if there is positive response. we should post a datenation wide for us to observe it. thank you all.
I am in support of this suggestion. It's high time we, the Nigerian youths, protested.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2013
U guys should leave ASUU matter and go and learn how to browse free with mtn.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2013
could this be new offer or condition.i'm standing against this current news *'fg condemned new offer of ASUU*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ikhuoria2(m): 8:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Ayima: U guys should leave ASUU matter and go and learn how to browse free with mtn.
guy put me through Na pls ...d mtn stuff
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2013
Maintaining that FG should not pay ASUU salaries for the months they did not work is like aspiring to go to heaven while being afraid to die. After all our law makers are being paid heavily for not doing anything.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Donaldmike(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2013
i heard ASUU and pres. jonathan will be meeting today to discuss d new development. hope they will call off d strike sha cos d strike don strike me here. and if dey dont, i also hope dey will join iyayi on there way back. abeg today na man utd match?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.