Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Diary Of A Samsung Note II User - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User (11662 Views)

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II / Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Feranchek(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hehehehe..... d'yu knw I bought ma Note2 somtym January, 4 arnd 96k at SLOT. Believe me, I've NEVER regretted a kobo spent on dis sweetheart. Both software and hardware are STRONG! I guess u were unlucky 2 buy d fone wen som ish weren't totally ok. U see, buying a fone on 1st roll out isn't too safe. Even downloading an app weeks afta release ain't advisable either cos dere re gonna b feedback frm d users and wid d feedback, dey ' ll go back 2 d drawing board and fix dese issues raised. Btw, a frnd of mine in d UK bought his 2 weeks afta release and he's neva complained bout it 4 once. Buh I'll ask him sha.
U say a bb is bera dan a rooted android.... hahaha! I laff u in greek! Bro, I guess u didn't root ur fone wella and u're experiencing all dese shits. Ma colleague bought his 64gig frm eBay and both he's fone and MC are still very much in gud shape! I'm d type daht buy and sell fones, buh since I laid ma hand on dis beauty, I've NEVER tot of selling it.... I use XDA alot and also 'galaxynote2root.com' among others... ma note 2 has made me fall in love wid developing... u'll learn more wen u USE dis fone... not just buying it 4 efizzy... lol

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
clubone05: :PMy people suffer from lack of knowledge... undecided

I use a N7100 note 2.....it has 90% note functions...

Sell ur phone to me...

Well, what can I say? Read the entire post again and tell me how application of 'knowledge' could have prevented this from happening?

Please tell us
LadyH: eeeyaaaa...ndo.

prolly u were jes unfortunate. hope u stiq to ya bb 4eva this tym tho.

How long can I stay with an insanely unsmart smart 

Vic-jay:
I just bought one GT-N700. To me d phone is too complex and d screen to me is poor. Pls mine dosen't have anytin lyk playstore. And when i download app from other sites it dosen't open. D phone is virtually empty for more dan 3 wks i bought it.

Maybe na CHINA samsung phone you get.

youngprofdguru:

I strongly agree wit u man always check d fone online forums before u run to purchase dem.....

Please read my reply to the post you quoted.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, you're so wrong. 4.2.2 has been available for Nigeria ever since August. At least that was when I noticed the update prompt on my sister's Note 2.

4.2.2 update available OTA? Wonderful

Read... www.sammobile.com/2013/12/02/android-4-3-update-is-live-galaxy-note-ii-in-canada/

You may also note that a rooted phone will not receive OTA update.
michu: This is what happens when pple start downloading bs on theit phone and forget they neeed anti-virus, smh

I want to assume you know the difference between RAM, chip and internal memory. Are applications installed on the RAM? Mind you, I download all my apps from playstore.

LyfeJennings: Its either U bought a fake phone or U lying. Im a Samsung addict. Used all Samsung products except for Galaxy Note3 and God's grace,I should start the New year with that phone. Samsung remains one of the best phone maker in the world

That's interesting coz Samsung confirmed to me that I still have a warranty on my 'fake phone'. Maybe you should just google this issue or better still STFU
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by edaolaropin: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Really? You must be quite unfortunate. Got my note 2 as xmas gift last year. It's been fun all the way. The only reason I would drop it is for the note 3+gear. If I'm fortunate, I might just get that as this year's xmas gift.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
djkaneo: I don't know about you guys but this phone is a beautiful monster. My model is GT-N7100 with "sane chip".....Bought it on 09-08-2013(a very memorable day) and since then, I fall in love with it everyday. My galaxy s2 GT-I9100 had d "insane chip" and just died on me so I bought a galaxy s3 GT-I9300 but the phone almost frustrated me. It would just close apps on its own because of the small amount of free ram.....so I gave it to my little sister and got me a Note 2.

i could buy the dead galaxy s2 if you are ready to sell... by the way, i buy dead galaxy s2, s3, note 1 and note 2
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
einsteino:

i could buy the dead galaxy s2 if you are ready to sell... by the way, i buy dead galaxy s2, s3, note 1 and note 2

Let's hear your offer...
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by donlyone(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Vic-jay:
I just bought one GT-N700. To me d phone is too complex and d screen to me is poor. Pls mine dosen't have anytin lyk playstore. And when i download app from other sites it dosen't open. D phone is virtually empty for more dan 3 wks i bought it.

Your phone is a fake. Once there is no playstore, rest assured its not even ANDROID.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by djkaneo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
einsteino:

ok....so?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by coolgeorge: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
@Op, All the brands of phones has in one way or the other given a problem to at least one user in the world like you in the past and will continue into the future. I understand your pains but Note2 is a great phone!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 2:56am On Dec 05, 2013
coolgeorge: @Op, All the brands of phones has in one way or the other given a problem to at least one user in the world like you in the past and will continue into the future. I understand your pains but Note2 is a great phone!

that is true but you are being economical with the truth. Samsung is the only brand that have suffered such huge setback on flagships phones. It is unacceptable to buy a phone for over 90k and one day the phone for no reason commits suicide. I am talking about the sudden death syndrome on S2, S3 and Note 2... This can never happen with any apple device or even the clearly unsmart smartphone we call blackberry.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 2:57am On Dec 05, 2013
djkaneo:

ok....so?

so if you have one that you wanna get off your hands, pm me
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 3:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Rexphobia:

Let's hear your offer...

it depends on the model and also what lead to its demise.. if you have one, pm me
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Una don fix am?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by maaji: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
I just bought a note 2 for 23k but d caliberator has cracked but d pone is perfectly working, pls do u tink its okay and wo knws hw much d caliberator costs? tanks I stay in abuja
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
einsteino: Una don fix am?

Naah...I dey out of town. I'll keep you posted.

maaji: I just bought a note 2 for 23k but d caliberator has cracked but d pone is perfectly working, pls do u tink its okay and wo knws hw much d caliberator costs? tanks I stay in abuja

You bought a touch screen phone with a broken caliberation and the phone is working fine How is that? Or you mean it's still working on and off. It's like buying a laptop without keyboard. What's dat...
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
maaji: I just bought a note 2 for 23k but d caliberator has cracked but d pone is perfectly working, pls do u tink its okay and wo knws hw much d caliberator costs? tanks I stay in abuja

Hmm.. If u mean the screen glass is cracked but d digitizer and lcd is still working.. Then its aight. Else na heavy gobe u enter.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 13, 2013
Who has flashed the note3 custom rom on his note 2?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by tobao(m): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
@OP i used a note 2 with the insane chip(old modelled 16GB variants of note 2 and galaxy s3 have this chip) but mine aint dead uptill today.
Bought it early april last year. Sold it out and it's still working.
The SDS thing can be fixed, you were just ignorant. All you needed to do was flash a custom cynogen rom(i flashed mine wit omega rom)l and then flash the alpha persus kernel.
Sorry tho, this info is quite late, bet i hope it'd help other note2 and s3 users with the 16GB insane chip variant
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by tobao(m): 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
einsteino:

I am talking about the sudden death syndrome on S2, S3 and Note 2....

you lie bro, the galaxy s2 does not have the sds. And not all s3 and note 2 have the insane chip. Its only 'some' and mostly the early generatn of the 16GB variants of the phone that's defective.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Rexphobia:

4.2.2 update available OTA? Wonderful

Read... www.sammobile.com/2013/12/02/android-4-3-update-is-live-galaxy-note-ii-in-canada/

Dude, I said 4.2.2 not 4.3 was what I saw on my sister's phone and I have even downloaded 4.3 for Nigeria last week from the same site you just quoted now. Seems you don't know much about how updates work do you?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
And FYI, sammobile doesn't magically pull out those firmwares out of their asses, you know? They usually get them when they start being seeded per country and pull them from the servers and upload for ppl to download and flash.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, I said 4.2.2 not 4.3 was what I saw on my sister's phone and I have even downloaded 4.3 for Nigeria last week from the same site you just quoted now. Seems you don't know much about how updates work do you?

I believe you know the difference between update and upgradable? Your sister's phone came with the 4.2.2( it's upgradable to a higher version). My phone has a 4.1.2 OS, it was even upgraded to that version. 4.3 became available in Nigeria on 25th Dec 2013 or thereabout. Check the date you posted what I quoted and revert.

For those who care to know. The Note is currently at Samsung repair centre in VI and it has full warranty. Solution should be panel replacement.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Rexphobia(m): 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
henryskywalker2003: And FYI, sammobile doesn't magically pull out those firmwares out of their asses, you know? They usually get them when they start being seeded per country and pull them from the servers and upload for ppl to download and flash.

This picture addresses your concern.

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by henryskywalker2003(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Tired of this argument

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pure Xperia ROM 4.4.2 For Gionee G2 / Gionee S10 With 6GB RAM, Full Specifications And Price / How To Get Free Usa & Canada Number In 10 Minutes [call & Receive Calls/text & R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.