Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49854 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.

77 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Sability(m): 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
shm ,Samsung pay you for this campaign?

47 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
capital lie. .tecno. . .you can upgrade d os aswell. .the chips are also d same..tecno b3s even last longer..samsung r only selling their name. 'SAMSUNG'. IF derez any samsung wit itz equivalent tecno. .tell us wat d samsung can do dat tecno cant do? Or can s4 download food. .still waiting 4 dat smartfone

34 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by phemswag: 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dats soo true!

But leave us alone, we like am like dat!
Android na Android.
Even if na Samsung or Seunsing, Gionee or Gineoo, HTC or HCT, I-Tel or J-Tel,....Android na Android.

Case Closed!!!

#TeamTecno#

113 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by johnwizey: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
See d OP mouth lyk tiger battery. Make i go buy Samsung abi wetin, Samsung ko Johnsung ni. U go tell me weather na u dey pay me salary.

I am a lawyer, so dont threaten me

45 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Olamyyde(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
1) How many tecno bashing threads do we have on Nairaland. For God's sake we get the point-Tecno phones aren't better than Samsung phones
2)Op, will u give me money to buy s2 or s3
3)samsung has more powerful processors than iphones, yet iphone runs smoother than it. Stop chasing vanity.

18 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
A needless & useless thread. SMH4dOp

23 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by seribroo56(m): 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
I knw dis wl mak fp.. Xo make i drag my chair cum hear
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by balogunsam(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
johnwizey: See d OP mouth lyk tiger battery. Make i go buy Samsung abi wetin, Samsung ko Johnsung ni. U go tell me weather na u dey pay me salary.

Lawyer? You certainly don't talk like a "learned fellow"

11 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by seunwen2(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
op come give me the money for s4 now rocking my tecno m7 with a 32gb SD card

15 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
TECNO Brand Bashing All Started With Tecno N3

Lagos, Nigeria. The Launch of Tecno N3 an affordable and credible alternative Android SmartDevice for Smart phone users, students, Tech enthusiasts, middle and low income earners, etc. It upstaged the insanely expensive recognised Korean and American brands within the Nigerian Smart Devices market. It could play HD games, came with support for dual sim - Dual standby, WIFI Hotspot and HSPDA+ in the long lists of features.

This Tecno Android phone, the N3 brought along with it a string of other launches like the Phantom A Series, M, N, D and L series. The Nigerian Smart Devices market will never remain the same again with Tecno currently spreading like wild fires into Corporate Organisations, educational and government owned institutions etc giving everybody the choice of Android Smart Device to buy at varying price points and the most recognised after service care centres spread across the nation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Deekaydadon(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sorry but the Tecno P9 comes with OTA Update so get ur facts rite undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Francheezy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Blah blah blah....

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android

20 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
johnwizey: See d OP mouth lyk tiger battery. Make i go buy Samsung abi wetin, Samsung ko Johnsung ni. U go tell me weather na u dey pay me salary.

l

These are the kind of lawyers our system keeps producing. Incompetent fools that claim to be learned.

10 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by SweetSoup(m): 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op u wan enter front page abi?
And you did, so did I. I go dey quick comment for any tecno vs Samsung thread, seem to be the easiest way to make front page. 11th to ******* by the way.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sweet Soup: Op u wan enter front page abi?

Front page? What's that about? Please educate me on the benefits of been on a front page

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by hawqer: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OP what you seem to have done is simply compare flagship Samsung Devices with Tecno devices, budget Samsung Devices lack all that bell and whistle and are likely no match for Tecno's offerings. sure Tecno lacks an R&D department and thus "somewhat" lacklustre specs. Now remember Samsung of years past (go back 6 years), their devices were hardly inspiring, beside Tecno is niche (made for emerging markets) for a reason- they know they can't fight the Android game at flagship level......at least not yet.

Not to flog an ailing topic but you get what you pay for, if Tecno develops a device with Amoled, 3gb ram, exynos chipset and invests a lot in R&D, you can not expect the price to be "affordable". so let's move past the constant contrasting and enjoy the various brands and the sector of the market they are concerned with conquering.

51 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by indigold2010(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
hawqer: @OP what you seem to have done is simply compare flagship Samsung Devices with Tecno devices, budget Samsung Devices lack all that bell and whistle and are likely no match for Tecno's offerings. sure Tecno lacks an R&grin department and thus "somewhat" lacklustre specs. Now remember Samsung of years past (go back 6 years), their devices were hardly inspiring, beside Tecno is niche (made for emerging markets) for a reason- they know they can't fight the Android game at flagship level......at least not yet.

Not to flog an ailing topic but you get what you pay for, if Tecno develops a device with Amoled, 3gb ram, exynos chipset and invests a lot in R&grin, you can not expect the price to be "affordable". so let's move past the constant contrasting and enjoy the various brands and the sector of the market they are concerned with conquering.

This is the most meaniful post I have come across in a long while. I just wanted people to understand that Samsung isn't tecno. It's already becoming an everyday argument. Wanted to clear d air

16 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tomzman: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op edit your topic and make the appropriate correction. It's Samsung and not Smasung and it's Tecno, not Techno.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tomzman: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, edit your topic and make the appropriate corrections. It's Samsung and not Smasung and it's Tecno, not Techno.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Temihatz(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
You have a point, but that wouldn't stop me from using Tecno. As far as it can serve my day to day needs like dictionary, internet, media, etc, I Dont f**king care about Samsung Amoled or Snapdragon sh*t you all cared about. For God sake using a smartphone isn't just for fun alone, when will you understand that? Stop being kids, buy what your money can buy and stop saying sh*ts everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
I'm glad you said techno

Mine's a Tecno

Even 'smasung' is chinko

33 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by franksam2009: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
guy i tink u ar very stupid for opening dis thread, dats d problem wit u ungrateful nigerians, wen sometin is cost u complain wen its cheap u also complain. if na ur papa make tecno him go sell am dat cheap?

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op Shut the hell up, not everyone can afford Samsung S4 or S3.

Tecno has stepped up there game, there latest device P9 pad mini comes with OTA upgrade

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op Shut the hell up, not everyone can afford Samsung S4 or S3.

Tecno has stepped up there game, there latest device P9 pad mini comes with OTA upgrade better battery life. It more affordable

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Mustack: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
i just dy gbadun ona flow.... Op you're wrong with that oh... Every tech giant have opponents...tecno is tackling samsung so also gionee and the rest are also tackling tecno.... You see everyone is making a run for there money...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by naturalwaves: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
It is so funny to see how folks claim that Tecno is no match for Samsung bla bla bla and yet open threads that stinks of insecurity and jealousy.

OP, your post is one sided and it is not a good analysis, it is a total rubbish. You stated what Samsung used for hardware but failed to state what Tecno used. You did same for the chip set too. Do you think you are talking to foools or villagers? Your argument is very senzeless.

Moreover, put it in your brain that a phone is not a definition of one's social status. If a phone can perform what you need it for, that is okay and it is none of your business.

#I don't use any of the devices and I am more than satisfied with what I use.

34 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by bogs4real: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
it is obvious u are advocating for samsung....silly

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Simple answer. Samsung is better than Tecno, Agreed. but let people buy what they can afford, really this whole topic is tiring. Its like Comparing a Buggati to volvo, so because I use a volvo should I cover my head in shame? Y does it have to be an issue ? if I can afford the new Samsung note 3 which by the way is super awesome, then I'll buy it, and if I can't I'll go for something lower.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Mustack: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
simple as a b c.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by demitola(m): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
All is see frm diz posts of comparin tecno products to oda brands is jst pure beef. Wen u're enjoyin smtin coz u can easily afford it bt u dnt want odaz dat cant afford mch to av a stint. U bot a produkt for 90k, i bot mine for less dan 30k and its servin my purpose as yours, plz y d beef? Colonial mentality!! Soon now u go dey blame GeJ

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.