Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Diary Of A Samsung Note II User - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User (11663 Views)

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II / Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by ibietela2(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Big phone big trouble, try and take it to Sammy
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
Rexphobia:

I still don't know o, the ish happened on 19th of Nov, 2013.

I will keep you posted though.

I bought the phone less than two months after it was released. You should know the kind of reviews you will get at such time. Some issues are triggered based on wear and tear.

As per the update, you may want to know that I am currently on the latest version available in Nigeria (4.1.2) for Note II. The most current update is 4.2 and it's not available for Nigeria yet, last time I checked.

Dude, you're so wrong. 4.2.2 has been available for Nigeria ever since August. At least that was when I noticed the update prompt on my sister's Note 2.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, you're so wrong. 4.2.2 has been available for Nigeria ever since August. At least that was when I noticed the update prompt on my sister's Note 2.

4.3 sef..
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by yolanda233(m): 6:23am On Nov 25, 2013
Lesson for all Never abAndon your BB!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 25, 2013
have insane chip.. too..buh I ain't scared of shit...my fone started restarting sometime ago...wat did I do?? support d battery with a tiny piece of paper to mk it tighter...viola.....it has never restarted even once since dn...I equally freed d sd memory...my fone has been working perfectly. ..I just finished playing modern combat 4...omo best game I've played on my fone..

a guy claimed to repair sds..u can give him a call. ..I don't know him oo
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
have you succeeded in fixing it?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by nurexfutmx(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
@badeneat, please where can I download the modern combat 4? Is it a combat game like mortal combat, street fighter, tekken and so on...
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by einsteino(m): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
nurexfutmx: @badeneat, please where can I download the modern combat 4? Is it a combat game like mortal combat, street fighter, tekken and so on...

its an RPG game...
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 04, 2013
Well I got the Note2 as soon as it was released.

I unlocked it soon afterwards and I haven't had a single problem.

I would buy another though I am going with iPhone6 for the next phone.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by ab3458(m): 5:53am On Dec 04, 2013
My note2 suffered sudden death too. But the good news is that it still under warranty. So I'm picking it up on Friday 6 Dec 2013
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by huptin(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2013
I have been using a samsung galaxy note 11 since june this year, sir its been bliss all the way, superb in every respect.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by hen6kay(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2013
ab3458: My note2 suffered sudden death too. But the good news is that it still under warranty. So I'm picking it up on Friday 6 Dec 2013

pls where is it been fixed and whats the time frame they gave u?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by sniperwolf(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2013
How much did this poster pay to get to the front page?
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by djkaneo(m): 7:57am On Dec 04, 2013
I don't know about you guys but this phone is a beautiful monster. My model is GT-N7100 with "sane chip".....Bought it on 09-08-2013(a very memorable day) and since then, I fall in love with it everyday. My galaxy s2 GT-I9100 had d "insane chip" and just died on me so I bought a galaxy s3 GT-I9300 but the phone almost frustrated me. It would just close apps on its own because of the small amount of free ram.....so I gave it to my little sister and got me a Note 2.

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2013
Eeeeeeyaaaa, I felt ur pain when reading your story, I found myself mourning with you. It is alwys heart wrenching to c the things we love go to waste
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by LyfeJennings(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2013
Its either U bought a fake phone or U lying. Im a Samsung addict. Used all Samsung products except for Galaxy Note3 and God's grace,I should start the New year with that phone. Samsung remains one of the best phone maker in the world
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2013
This is what happens when pple start downloading bs on theit phone and forget they neeed anti-virus, smh
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by dodokire12: 8:43am On Dec 04, 2013
i had the same issue too.
Samsung gave me so much emotional trauma that i went back to my BB Bold 5
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by abionaD(f): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2013
plzzzz m i supposed to say: awwwwnnnnnn a very touching story. Or wat. Well datz wat u get wen u obssess ova a particular tin !
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by jossyme: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2013
Rexphobia: I was one of the few that patiently waited for Nexus 4 to be released and when it was eventually launched the phone sold out in less than 2 hours. I was infuriated. I waited for months just to lay my hands on the phone. Three excruciating months I had to banish the thoughts of owning just any phone.
Just when I felt it was high time I stopped crying over spilt milk, then it happened. Samsung Note II was released. I browsed the web for hours in search of where I could get the phone in Nigeria, with adrenaline pushing through my veins. I quickly ordered the phone from the first site I stumbled on.
Fast forward to 11 months after, I hate this phone. I wish I bought maybe a Tecno or some other random phone. In fact, I regret buying this phone.
How did this story change so quickly?
Like two months after purchase, I noticed my 32G micro SD card started encountering issues. Error message was “memory card was removed”, mounting and unmounting intermittently. Till the memory card stopped working. I checked online and discovered I was not alone. My precious memory card has been fried by my NOTE II and memorable contents all lost. It felt like I was bereaved.
After some weeks of mourning and I decided not to get a replacement. I felt that was the worst; I was so wrong.
My phone now has what is referred to as Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS). This simply means the motherboard of the phone has a damaged chip. Signs are,
• Insane chip when you check with eMMC app available on Google play store
• Freezing
• Rebooting
• Emotional torture- Yes, the torture inflicted by the phone is unbearable.
How can it be resolved? Replacing the motherboard. You can also hazard the cost implication of that.

Synopsis: As soon as BBM became available on other platforms. I installed it on my Note, synched my contacts, threw my Blackberry away and started dissing Blackberry users. “Y’all are using a dead phone”, I said. Well, after the demise of my Note II, I had to swallow my pride and return to my first love, My Blackberry. Yes, it is not a smart phone, but it WORKS.

***End***

You are just unfortunate! I used my note 2 for 11months too before I upgraded to Note 3.I never had such problems, aside mediocre screen resolution and camera (though not bad on daylight and great on video recording).Nothing compares to note 3
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by phatasschick(f): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2013
sorry:-P @op
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by fadconsult(m): 10:04am On Dec 04, 2013
Gues what r saying is not a general issue cos I I used note 2 and haven't had any issues with it since I got it over 8months ago.i hope u bought iy brand new or its refurbished
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2013
donlyone: My advice to the OP is that next time you're buying a phone whether Nokia, Tecno or Vertu, try to check online forums for users review or opinions.

The sds is prevented by simply updating to the latest firmware. Also, it would have been fixed for free at a Samsung customer center if you were on warranty.

RIP to your Note2, thats a great phone.

Its the best phone you never got to enjoy.

I strongly agree wit u man always check d fone online forums before u run to purchase dem.....
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Olugbenger(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2013
Op undecided
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by kennyhydee(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2013
.in fact,i just bought another one today after selling my old one....the phone is fantastic... [/quote]

Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by GentleFrank(m): 10:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Interesting thread !
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by Vicjay1(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2013
I just bought one GT-N700. To me d phone is too complex and d screen to me is poor. Pls mine dosen't have anytin lyk playstore. And when i download app from other sites it dosen't open. D phone is virtually empty for more dan 3 wks i bought it.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by LadyH(f): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
eeeyaaaa...ndo.

prolly u were jes unfortunate. hope u stiq to ya bb 4eva this tym tho.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by zylla(m): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
I feel your pain.I have been using a Note 2 since March and it has been fantastic except for my carelessness whereby the screen got broken and I don't know what to do about it yet.
Some said I should take it to Samsung Care to replace the screen since it is still under warranty.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by omodapson(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Still enjoying my SG Note II. I got it in November last year and it still works fine. The only but is its skin that is peeling off.
I won't be going for the Note 3 though, i want to shift my phone experience to Lumia 1520.
Re: Diary Of A Samsung Note II User by clubone05: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
:PMy people suffer from lack of knowledge... undecided

I use a N7100 note 2.....it has 90% note functions...

Sell ur phone to me...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pure Xperia ROM 4.4.2 For Gionee G2 / Gionee S10 With 6GB RAM, Full Specifications And Price / GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.