Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed (8585 Views)

Xiaomi Mi5 Launch Date Confirmed / Diary Of A Samsung Note II User / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 14, 2012
[size=18pt]Samsung Galaxy Note 2 U.S. Launch Date Confirmed[/size]

While it didn’t exactly need to confirm the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 U.S. launch date, Samsung did just that today, sending out media invites for the Galaxy Note 2 World Tour set to take place on October 24th in New York City.

Earlier, Samsung’s invites only hinted at a Galaxy Note 2 unveiling on October 24th in New York City but today’s invite is confirmation that the Galaxy Note 2 U.S. launch date is in fact October 24th.

The company’s new invite does not reveal anything new other than the fact that it will indeed be the Galaxy Note 2 that will be showcased at the event.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/10/samsung-galaxy-note-2-u-s-launch-date-confirmed/
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 14, 2012
My Pipus (Lord Reed and Moonraker)

Are you guys as anxious as I am?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by leslieu63(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2012
I need advice, i was about to get the sgs3, then i heard d note 2 will soon become available in nigeria, is it worth leaving d sgs3 and wait for d note2.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2012
leslieu63: I need advice, i was about to get the sgs3, then i heard d note 2 will soon become available in nigeria, is it worth leaving d sgs3 and wait for d note2.

Yes it is worth the wait but you may have to pay extra for the Note 2. In any case the price of the SGS3 might drop when Note 2 is out so if you don't like the Note 2 or its higher price you can get the SGS3 for cheaper.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You betcha! But it will still be a few weeks before its official in Naija here.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You betcha! But it will still be a few weeks before its official in Naija here.

Can't you ship it from here?

Lord_Reed:

Yes it is worth the wait but you may have to pay extra for the Note 2. In any case the price of the SGS3 might drop when Note 2 is out so if you don't like the Note 2 or its higher price you can get the SGS3 for cheaper.

SG3< GN2

If hunger must kill pesin, buy the GN2. Worth it! tongue
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Can't you ship it from here?

SG3< GN2

If hunger must kill pesin, buy the GN2. Worth it! tongue

You sef eh! grin grin grin

A few weeks won't hurt. Its actually available here but I want to see if the official launch will make a difference in pricing.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You sef eh! grin grin grin

A few weeks won't hurt. Its actually available here but I want to see if the official launch will make a difference in pricing.

Yea, it would. It's like $600 without contract. I'm thinking of kuku buying with because I hate any type of contract (they're like chains).

I'll buy my phone the same day I buy my iPad, the anticipation makes it all worth it.

Can you imagine that I've been patiently waiting since the ending of August? I've never been this patient tongue
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 6:30am On Oct 21, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Yea, it would. It's like $600 without contract. I'm thinking of kuku buying with because I hate any type of contract (they're like chains).

I'll buy my phone the same day I buy my iPad, the anticipation makes it all worth it.

Can you imagine that I've been patiently waiting since the ending of August? I've never been this patient tongue

It will make quite some difference at least a $100 worth.

I hear Apple may update the ipad come the 23rd won't you rather get the updated version?

The Note 2 is worth the wait.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
34TWFAWG

cry
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by chic2pimp(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
YAAAAAAAAAY Absolutely love the GN2. Quality Phone

Don't know which one to add to my collection right now?....Iphone 5 or the New HTC Phone? Still undecided undecided
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 22, 2012
Chic, bawo ni nkan?

opuro ni e o, you wey dey still chop garri and epa? You think Lord Reed didnt disclose to me all your secrets? Talk better thing, tell me how you use to tap the NEPA cord with your ears? lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 22, 2012
~Royal~:

cry
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

It will make quite some difference at least a $100 worth.

I hear Apple may update the ipad come the 23rd won't you rather get the updated version?

The Note 2 is worth the wait.

$300 is the rumored price, atleast from some phone companies.

Apple is releasing the iPad mini. . . . which doesnt make sense to me. If I needed an iPad mini, I'd turn on my itouch. I'm going for the "New iPad".
I was thinking of the galaxy tab but it doesnt look sexy enough cry cry Too bulky looking and it reminds me of the Kindle fire.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by eastman11: 9:52am On Oct 22, 2012
GN2 is on sale at computer village, you can get it at slot for 102k and at the other shop at 107k.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by leslieu63(m): 10:24am On Oct 22, 2012
eastman11: GN2 is on sale at computer village, you can get it at slot for 102k and at the other shop at 107k.
How did u know dats the price.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2012
eastman11: GN2 is on sale at computer village, you can get it at slot for 102k and at the other shop at 107k.

Wow! That means official price should fall below a 100k.

*Ileke-IdI:

Apple is releasing the iPad mini. . . . which doesnt make sense to me. If I needed an iPad mini, I'd turn on my itouch. I'm going for the "New iPad".
I was thinking of the galaxy tab but it doesnt look sexy enough cry cry Too bulky looking and it reminds me of the Kindle fire.

Nooo who is talking of ipad mini, I was refering to the new ipad (ipad3). I hearsay that they may give it the new lightening connector and some other upgrades.

*Ileke-IdI:
Chic, bawo ni nkan?

opuro ni e o, you wey dey still chop garri and epa? You think Lord Reed didnt disclose to me all your secrets? Talk better thing, tell me how you use to tap the NEPA cord with your ears? lipsrsealed cheesy

grin grin grin grin badt gurl!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lord Reed, iPad3 already came out since March o. . . . na wa o, I dey yarn with awon bush boys here (Chic2pimp and LR) grin

My friend has both the 2 and 3, he told me that the only difference between them is the camera. I'm thinking of saving myself $300 by just getting the second one. What's your opinion on that?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Lord Reed, iPad3 already came out since March o. . . . na wa o, I dey yarn with awon bush boys here (Chic2pimp and LR) grin

My friend has both the 2 and 3, he told me that the only difference between them is the camera. I'm thinking of saving myself $300 by just getting the second one. What's your opinion on that?

My opinion is that your friend doesn't know what he's talking about...

The most visible difference between the two models is the screen resolution.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
Would screen resolution matter in deciding which one to buy?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

E bi like say english dey fail you for morning time. I said I heard they want to re-release the ipad3 with the new lightening connector and some other upgrades. If you are gonna get an ipad3 won't you rather get the upgraded one? Ma so mi lenu jor!

Actually tex is right the screen is a bigger difference and kinda worth it considering that it has other upgrades. But like I said let's see what tomorrow holds whether they'd re-release the ipad3 with the lightening connector.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by chic2pimp(m): 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Chic, bawo ni nkan?

Iyawo mi atata mo wa pa o. You nko?

Loool nah me u dey abuse like dat ehn...Thunder fire your dat ur Gigantic Ikebe shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
I no blame you sha, after all nah Garrium and Epa wey dey chop b4 I begin dey hammer u for the back of the bike shed kiss kiss kiss
Lord_Reed:

E bi like say english dey fail you for morning time. I said I heard they want to re-release the ipad3 with the new lightening connector and some other upgrades. If you are gonna get an ipad3 won't you rather get the upgraded one? Ma so mi lenu jor!
This morning ke? Abeg English don dey fail her for time jare. Abi you no see say she be proper Bush Village Ekiti girl?

*Ileke-IdI:

The same way I feel about the Iphone 4S and Iphone 5.
Imo apart from a one or two bits and bobs, u can hardly tell me apart.
Just another cheap scam by Apple to reap everyone of their hard earned cash.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Lord_Reed:

E bi like say english dey fail you for morning time. I said I heard they want to re-release the ipad3 with the new lightening connector and some other upgrades. If you are gonna get an ipad3 won't you rather get the upgraded one? Ma so mi lenu jor! grin grin

Actually tex is right the screen is a bigger difference and kinda worth it considering that it has other upgrades. But like I said let's see what tomorrow holds whether they'd re-release the ipad3 with the lightening connector.

Shey I tell you English was my first language? angry Ehrn, and how much will the updated version cost? Na which kain yahoo yahoo is this? I havent even gotten my hand on iPad3, them wan upgrade ama nd raise the price.

Ole!!!

chic2pimp:

Iyawo mi atata mo wa pa o. You nko?

Loool nah me u dey abuse like dat ehn...Thunder fire your dat ur Gigantic Ikebe shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
I no blame you sha, after all nah Garrium and Epa wey dey chop b4 I begin dey hammer u for the back of the bike shed kiss kiss kiss

Awe, behaf yasef jor. You and who on a bike kini? angry

This morning ke? Abeg English don dey fail her for time jare. Abi you no see say she be proper Bush Village Ekiti girl?

Shattap there grin grin grin Anywaz, ayam proud to represent my village grin grin

The same way I feel about the Iphone 4S and Iphone 5.
Imo apart from a one or two bits and bobs, u can hardly tell me apart.
Just another cheap scam by Apple to reap everyone of their hard earned cash.

For real, they are thieves up in that Apple complex. If I'm going to spend my hard earned cash, I might as well make sure it's worth it.

@Lord reed

What's the difference between LTE and HSPA+ in terms of performance? One phone company offers GN2 with LTE and another offers it with HSPA+, not sure which one is better. I heard that LTE is the new revolution and might not available in some coast and still being tested, while HSPA+ is ubiquitous and already well developed.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by moonraker(m): 6:09am On Oct 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Shey I tell you English was my first language? angry Ehrn, and how much will the updated version cost? Na which kain yahoo yahoo is this? I havent even gotten my hand on iPad3, them wan upgrade ama nd raise the price.

Ole!!!

@Lord reed

What's the difference between LTE and HSPA+ in terms of performance? One phone company offers GN2 with LTE and another offers it with HSPA+, not sure which one is better. I heard that LTE is the new revolution and might not available in some coast and still being tested, while HSPA+ is ubiquitous and already well developed.

HSPA+ 14mbps

LTE 72mbps

I do have an LTE modem and the difference is clear. I open web pages faster

and well youtube is a dream on that speed while else on HSPA+ which is technically

3G is just well painfully to use. buttom line is once you use LTE, there is no going back!!!

Ileke-IdI:

Yes i am. As stated in the earlier thread, GN2 hits my base in November. That is

my christmas present to myself, along with an alienware m18x or macbook pro retina!!!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
moonraker:

HSPA+ 14mbps

LTE 72mbps

I do have an LTE modem and the difference is clear. I open web pages faster

and well youtube is a dream on that speed while else on HSPA+ which is technically

3G is just well painfully to use. buttom line is once you use LTE, there is no going back!!!

Well that means byebye to my current phone company then.

Yes i am. As stated in the earlier thread, GN2 hits my base in November. That is

my christmas present to myself, along with an alienware m18x or macbook pro retina!!!

I think it might hit the stores in November too. Some phone companies are not even talking, no release date or price.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by leslieu63(m): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
am still waiting for d note 2
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by pawn89(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
nah... there's no way the GN2 can be sold at 107k, at amazon its approximately $700 and even after the official launching that will be taking place in the US tomorrow, i still doubt the price dropping any lower than $60-80$. either ways,i think the phablet is worth $700.
BTW, is it just me, i think most of the galaxy S3 has one problem or the other. mine drops signal when making/receiving calls and takes about 10 seconds to come back on.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Now there's an ipad4 and ipad mini to choose from.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by leslieu63(m): 3:02am On Oct 24, 2012
pawn89:
nah... there's no way the GN2 can be sold at 107k, at amazon its approximately $700 and even after the official launching that will be taking place in the US tomorrow, i still doubt the price dropping any lower than $60-80$. either ways,i think the phablet is worth $700.
BTW, is it just me, i think most of the galaxy S3 has one problem or the other. mine drops signal when making/receiving calls and takes about 10 seconds to come back on.
are u saying it's too cheap
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Now there's an ipad4 and ipad mini to choose from.

iPad 4 already came out? When? If so, will the iPad 3 price drop? iPad 4 ko iPad 24 ni. NA MY WALLET DEM WAN INJURE.

I am disappointed o, today is the 24th and Verizon still hasnt released this darn phone because of their contract with iPhone. I feel like crying cry cry cry
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by moonraker(m): 3:48am On Oct 25, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

iPad 4 already came out? When? If so, will the iPad 3 price drop? iPad 4 ko iPad 24 ni. NA MY WALLET DEM WAN INJURE.

I am disappointed o, today is the 24th and Verizon still hasnt released this darn phone because of their contract with iPhone. I feel like crying cry cry cry

You got it all wrong dear.

I dont think its Verizon doing the launching.

Samsung does the launching and the then Verizon grabs the

product and starts advertising!!! No??
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Note II: U.S. Launch Date Confirmed by moonraker(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Apparently us celluar subscribers can get the device starting 2moro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Should Bother About Internet Cookies / Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. / Playstation 1 Emulator For Symbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.