Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Animal Rights In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Animal Rights In Islam (5939 Views)

6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animal Rights In Islam by LagosShia: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
A man once came to Prophet Muhammad (s) carrying with him his belongings and a box. He said, "O Prophet! While I was passing through a jungle, I heard the voice of some bird's babies. I took them and put them in this box. The moment I did that, their mother came fluttering round my head."

And the Prophet said, "Put them down". When the man put the box on the ground, the mother of the young birds joined them. Seeing this, the Prophet asked the man who now had a look of surprise on his face, "Are you surprised by the affection of the mother towards her young? I swear by Him (Almighty Allah) who has sent me, surely, God is more loving to his servants than the mother to these young birds. Return these baby birds to the place from where you took them, and let their mother be with them."

"Fear God with regard to animals", said the Prophet of Islam, "ride them when they are fit to be ridden, and get off their backs when they are tired; surely, there are rewards for being kind and gentle to animals, and for giving them water to drink."

Islam has taught that in the eyes of Allah, animals also have rights in the same way as man has. They should not be treated badly, tortured or left to starve without food or water.

Imam Ali (a) had some ducks under his care in his house. At the time of his death, he had given particular advice to his sons to take good care of those animals, or to set them free if it was not possible to look after them properly.

The Holy Qur'an has also guided us by telling us that, in the eyes of God there is no difference between the human world and the animal world.

"There is no beast on earth, nor bird which flying with its wings, but they are nations like you - unto the Lord shall they return".

The Prophet of Islam was once performing ablution (Wudhu) for prayers from a pot of water. A cat passed there and turned its eyes at the pot of water with a thirsty look. The Prophet realized at once that the cat was very thirsty, so he stopped the ablution (Wudhu) and placed the pot before the cat. Only after the cat had fully quenched its thirst, did the Prophet resume the ablution (Wudhu).

By this action, the Prophet has shown that quenching the thirst of even a small dumb animal is a noble act full of virtue and should be given first attention before one prepares

Courtesy: Egyptian Shia Facebook Page.

23 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Drniyi4u(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
thanks for the enlightenment, Jazakumullahu khayran

3 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
What a nice piece! I love this dear brother. Ma sha Allah. Ofvarin! Shukran wa JazakAllahu khair.
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Aromas: 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
Drniyi4u: thanks for the enlightenment, Jazakumullahu khayran

I 4lo u
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Artlove(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm 3rd to comment. Just pass by!!
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by MrAladin: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2013
PLease can Anyone enlighten me how humans and animals are equal in the sight of God.
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by kekakuz(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2013
WE PROTECT THEM

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Swiftlee(m): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2013
Im so sorry; i am in a wrong place..

1 Like

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by dwittyc0der(f): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by dwittyc0der(f): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2013
u be fool @ ebig22
Ebig22: mtcheew.how did it make frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Umbro01(m): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2013
Nice 1
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by ebamma(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
i see, but why una dey like slaughter ram during sallah, and why una dey like kill cows use do suya, abi cows and rams no be animals #so much for animal rights
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by buoye1(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Where am I?
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Mujah1deen: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Beautiful piece.
However it is not always easy to treat them right.

May Allah strengthen our faith and help us against the adversity we face .

Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Mujah1deen: 11:56am On Nov 29, 2013
Olugbenger:

May Allah forgive you

May you see the beauty of Islam and embrace it .

2 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by buoye1(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2013
Olugbenger:

I had to quote this post, watch how fast it gets hidden.

Lord Jesus, help me not to get banned too.

embarassed
Let us wait and seegrin
Re: Animal Rights In Islam by whosefault(f): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2013
can you also tell those who kill in the name of the prophet to look at this passage in their Koran, or send the link to them. the kill humans and not animal. tell them to read this passage i pray you...

2 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by mike404(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: Beautiful piece.
However it is not always easy to treat them right.

May Allah strengthen our faith and help us against the adversity we face .

Allahu Akbar
JIHADIST SORRY MUJAHIDEEN HOW FARgrin

1 Like

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Mujah1deen: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
mike404: JIHADIST SORRY MUJAHIDEEN HOW FARgrin
doing great, what about you ? Stop mistreating your pets, domestic animals etc okay?
It is against the will of Allah
Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Animal Rights In Islam by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
ChikeAndal:

Jesus Is Lord

I think you woke up from d wrong side of the bed. Your statement contradict your 'holy book' mark 12 vs 28-32

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheik Ismail Mufti Menk In Kano / Crush Cause: 300 Iranians Violated Rule-Hajj Stampede / Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.