Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,037 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme (1584 Views)

Shagari And Alex Ekwueme's Salaries 36years Ago.. / The Southsouth Voices Against Biafra Agitation / Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by atlwireles: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
He had the belief that every northerner, whether Muslim or Christian, was part of the coup.
During the constitutional conference of Obasanjo’s government, he went there as leader of the South East with a bias that Shagari was toppled just to stop him from becoming president in 1987.
I swear that was an error on his part, he just picked up hatred for every northerner, including the Tiv, Birom and the rest. But he hated the Hausa, Fulani Muslims the more.
His mistake was that he went to the conference in which every part of this country will be represented, with a pathological hatred for the north. We spent one year in the conference, with Alex as the leader of the Igbo coalition, he meets with them each Monday, meets with all Igbo and other minority tribes’ delegates on Tuesday, meets with Yoruba on Wednesday, and then meets with everyone on Thursdays. He never met with anyone from the north separately.
Chris Abashiya, the Hausa man from Zaria who equally hates us was the one very close to Ekwueme during the constitutional conference; and in spite of being a Christian, but because he was a Hausa Christian, he was never invited. All the schemes to hate the north were formulated in that conference, which was the reason why the north was divided into three in that conference, to divide the country into six regions.
The issue of state control of resources also emanated from that conference. Before then, they were asking for derivation, that is some part of the proceeds from sale of resources.

Because Alex saw that the north was bigger and has higher population, that was why he wanted the country fragmented into six regions. In the entire census carried out in this country in the past, if you check, you will notice that the north has higher population with about 54%.
In 1921, we had 55% and the South had 45%. The same thing happened in 1931, we had 57%. So his suggestion was simply based on hatred and nothing more.
That was the reason why the north refused to support him at the primary election in Jos in 1999. Because he did not isolate any tribe, he combined the entire north, so both Muslim and Christian delegates from the north refused to support him.
That was even the reason why even those NPN leaders from the north did not support him. His actions surprised everyone at the constitutional conference. That was why he was complaining of people like Jerry Gana and Solomon Lar, and the rest. It appears he doesn’t know this.
His statement that he did it because he wanted each region to integrate is not true, because that policy already exists; it was even NPN that put it in place. I was part of the people who put it in place, and Alex did not even join the NPN then.

http://premiumtimesng.com/
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hatred for others make some people shoot themselves in the foot sometimes. You cannot have hatred for certain people and expect them to support your political aspiration. There is always time to move on from the past but Ekwueme and others like him have refused to move on. If you cannot forget about yesterday animosity, you cannot have friends. When a particular major etnich group hates other two major ethnic groups the way most Igbos do, then I have to say there won't be an Igbo president in my life time. There are great Igbos that I know but the actions of certain Igbos will affect other great Igbos who wish Nigeria well. There is a particular governor in the east whose sole aim is to sow seeds of discord with other etnic groups. All he says is Yoruba party, Hausa party and blah blah blah....... . Meanwhile, this particular governor and others like him have all of their businesses and investments in Yoruba land and Hausa land. As a matter of facts, his children don't attend school in Igbo land. This particular governor could not find a single Igbo man in Anambra to succeed him, he went to bring an Igbo man who has no single house of his in the entire Anambra State. A man who hardly set his feet in Anambra in the last 25 years.

6 Likes

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by ASL33: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
payless: Hatred for others make some people shoot themselves in the foot sometimes. You cannot have hatred for certain people and expect them to support your political aspiration. There is always time to move on from the past but Ekwueme and others like him have refused to move on. If you cannot forget about yesterday animosity, you cannot have friends. When a particular major etnich group hates other two major ethnic groups the way most Igbos do, then I have to say there won't be an Igbo president in my life time. There are great Igbos that I know but the actions of certain Igbos will affect other great Igbos who wish Nigeria well. There is a particular governor in the east whose sole aim is to sow seeds of discord with other etnic groups. All he says is Yoruba party, Hausa party and blah blah blah....... . Meanwhile, this particular governor and others like him have all of their businesses and investments in Yoruba land and Hausa land. As a matter of facts, his children don't attend school in Igbo land. This particular governor could not find a single Igbo man in Anambra to succeed him, he went to bring an Igbo man who has no single house of his in the entire Anambra State. A man who hardly set his feet in Anambra in the last 25 years.
you always yap about Igbo presidency as if your life and that of your wife depends on it. The north has been the president for more than 30yrs are they better than others? Igbo man don't need to be the president to survive. We were moulded to live life in abundance mate.

4 Likes

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
OP ur source is suspicious o. Why is it not complete?
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
How does call for restructuring of the country amount to hatred for the north? As far as I'm concerned that restructuring championed by Ekwueme was not far reaching enough. We need more drastic restructuring including resource control for states. Only far reaching restructuring will guarantee accelerated development, progress and better well being of majority of Nigerians. The current structure, where 160 million Nigerians look up sharing of revenue generated from sales of a single commodity (crude oil) will only breed more corruption, lack of productivity, laziness, wastefulness, terrorism, poverty, illiteracy, diseases, under-development, etc.

1 Like

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by atlwireles: 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
payless: Hatred for others make some people shoot themselves in the foot sometimes. You cannot have hatred for certain people and expect them to support your political aspiration. There is always time to move on from the past but Ekwueme and others like him have refused to move on. If you cannot forget about yesterday animosity, you cannot have friends. When a particular major etnich group hates other two major ethnic groups the way most Igbos do, then I have to say there won't be an Igbo president in my life time. There are great Igbos that I know but the actions of certain Igbos will affect other great Igbos who wish Nigeria well. There is a particular governor in the east whose sole aim is to sow seeds of discord with other etnic groups. All he says is Yoruba party, Hausa party and blah blah blah....... . Meanwhile, this particular governor and others like him have all of their businesses and investments in Yoruba land and Hausa land. As a matter of facts, his children don't attend school in Igbo land. This particular governor could not find a single Igbo man in Anambra to succeed him, he went to bring an Igbo man who has no single house of his in the entire Anambra State. A man who hardly set his feet in Anambra in the last 25 years.

What you call hate I call equalizing the political field. As a southsouth person, I will forever be graceful to him.

1 Like

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by atlwireles: 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: OP ur source is suspicious o. Why is it not complete?

I only decided to headline, how the 6 zones were created and resource control became a political issue like never before. All becuase of Alex Ekwueme
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
ASL33: you always yap about Igbo presidency as if your life and that of your wife depends on it. The north has been the president for more than 30yrs are they better than others? Igbo man don't need to be the president to survive. We were moulded to live life in abundance mate.

What does my wife have to do with discussion here? You are about to get banned as usual. Have you no decency? If you have problem, face me here and let's sort it out through keyboard. What a cantankerous element!
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by bushwailo: 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yea, old story, everyone knows that Ekwueme is the Archtect of 6 geopolitical zones.
Ben Nwabueze as well is a principal author of Nigeria's constitution.
Then you have Emeka Anyaoku as well former commonwealth sec gen who have done a lot for Nigeria's recognition on the international scene.
Not to talk of Ezekwesili.

What baffles me the most is that these prominent Anambra sons and daughters are busy loosing sleep over Nigeria's issues,
While their home state is going to the dogs, and they won't even utter a word.

Something Fashola had pointed out on a certain occassion.

Sorry but as an Anambra Indegene, I don't have any respect for Ekwueme and his likes.
They are useless and not worth my time.

4 Likes

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by ASL33: 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
payless:

What does my wife have to do with discussion here? You are about to get banned as usual. Have you no decency? If you have problem, face me here and let's sort it out through keyboard. What a cantankerous element!
what. Has Igbo presidency gat to do with this thread. Olodooooo
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
ASL33: what. Has Igbo presidency gat to do with this thread. Olodooooo

Werey! You are the real olodo stup1d man. Was Ekwueme's 1999 presidential bid at the PDP Presidential Convention in Jos discussed or not? Was he not the Igbo candidate? In the write-up, what was the reason given for his inability to win the PDP presidential slot? His colossal showing at the convention was as a result of what most people think of an average Igbo politicians.
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by musiwa112: 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
do this video look like edo or delta state want to be in south south. no, they dont want to be in any south south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Jm757NK8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0N6jKnS7hY
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by musiwa112: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
it is a fool, that will want to leave this ... and go live in a swamp.. do you know anyone who want to live a city like this.. and go fish.. no..

Alex Ekwueme (igbo).. he most have knew that most people in river state were igbos,.. so he was only doing it to con them.. using old man sense for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ozQR3us-Q
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Onlytruth(m): 12:28am On Nov 23, 2013
bushwailo: Yea, old story, everyone knows that Ekwueme is the Archtect of 6 geopolitical zones.
Ben Nwabueze as well is a principal author of Nigeria's constitution.
Then you have Emeka Anyaoku as well former commonwealth sec gen who have done a lot for Nigeria's recognition on the international scene.
Not to talk of Ezekwesili.

What baffles me the most is that these prominent Anambra sons and daughters are busy loosing sleep over Nigeria's issues,
While their home state is going to the dogs, and they won't even utter a word.

Something Fashola had pointed out on a certain occassion.

Sorry but as an Anambra Indegene, I don't have any respect for Ekwueme and his likes.
They are useless and not worth my time.

Hehe, just my sentiments.
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by musiwa112: 6:47am On Nov 23, 2013
when you shout south south. do you know any of this men, who want to go to south south with you.
he want you to form south south.. that way, you will go into the swamp... with nothing.. we keep our money. while you go do south south..

you too, you no go fear.. say something dey behind it.
you want form south south. you make me laugh. you will go and fish.

Ekwueme knew that rivers state was dominate by igbo. you too go follow. I dey tell una true. una go suffer.

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 23, 2013
payless:

Werey! You are the real olodo stup1d man. Was Ekwueme's 1999 presidential bid at the PDP Presidential Convention in Jos discussed or not? Was he not the Igbo candidate? In the write-up, what was the reason given for his inability to win the PDP presidential slot? His colossal showing at the convention was as a result of what most people think of an average Igbo politicians.
That is not entirely true. It is more like those who didn't support Ekwueme were more afraid of the REFORMS he was championing all along before that primary. They knew his antecedents but those voted for OBJ wanted status quo. The north then didnt support OBJ simply because he was yoruba. If that was the case, the north would have supported Olu Falae, who was more like the candidate of the southwest. But Olu Falae also had Ekwueme-like antecedents so he was rejected too. The north supported OBJ because they thought, as a person and despite being yoruba, OBJ was more likely to maintain status quo and return power back to the north in 4 years time. You cannot also rule out the sentiments of the Nigeria civil war.

And by the way, Ekwueme couldn't have hated the north. He was only pushing for reforms which will help the country at large, including the ordinary people (not the elites) in the north, make progress. The elites in the north may interpret calls for restructuring as hatred for the north. But that is not true.

2 Likes

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Napoleondegreat: 7:26am On Nov 23, 2013
Op your news in the first place is fake because the conference under reference was not during Obasanjo's govt but Abacha's. Thus i want u to describe urself just in one word.
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by PointB: 7:45am On Nov 23, 2013
Every little political topic for most idiots is details to how Igbowill not achieve presidency in the miserable lifetime. Beyond this idiocy of comment, shouldn't we be asking ourselves why Igbo being president or not address the fact that Nigeria has been left behind by the world and if previous presidents have done their jobs, the issue of and Igbo being president or not will never arise let alone having some idiots curse themselves with potentially short lifetime.
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by musiwa112: 8:07am On Nov 23, 2013
who do you think build this university as a teacher college. Western Nigeria government.. who build this hall, they are fighting adam Oshiomhole in. Western Nigeria. why do you think they make them go there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5G5bT2q7pQ

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by russellino: 8:43am On Nov 23, 2013
payless:

Ekwueme was the favourite to win the pdp primaries but lost to the military muscle factor. We know who the retired generals wanted. Unless u are too young to know what went on.

Sanusi has described what happened there in his famous article as a gang-up against a "biafran" bid, not against Ekwueme as a person. It was institutionalized bigotry by the usual suspects that robbed him of the pdp ticket

1 Like

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Kponkwem(m): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2013
Sorry u appear not to get his point. U can't continue to blackmail ndigbo with this issue of producing president of nigeria. Its not a must. There is already first gov general, first civilian president(though ceremonial queens position) and first military head of state, non transformed the average igbo neither did the various hausa fulani and yoruba presidents.
The reality is at the end of Jonathan's conference, nigeria will be restructured in such a way that the centre will no longer counts. Hope u get it, mourner than the bereaved!
payless:

3 Likes

Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by oneeast: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by oneeast: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2013
What is this one yapping? Just because your yorobar party lost woefully. Lemme tell u Obi like every other nigerians investors in lagos long before the capital moved to Abuja.

They never invested in the yorobar land but lagos as a capital just like Igbos and Anambrans are buying up Abuja.

The last we checked lagos is not yorobar land but FG enclave and equally a no man's land.

Am yet to see any igboman that invested in those rural areas like ibadan, abeokuta, oshogbo etc.

Obi's Regional headqtrs of Next Int'l is located at Modebe avenue Onitsha.

So don't be fooled no igbo man will drop a pin in core yorobarland as an investment but lagos for reasons of being FG enclave.

Obiano is core Igboman that schooled in CKC- Onitsha and equally grew u in Onitsha. He has mansions in Aguleri and Awka and also have their family house in Onitsha where his parents lives.

Obiano is our gov. Take your extremists yorobar party elsewhere
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by musiwa112: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2013
Kponkwem, you are funny person, is amaechi, uzoh okafor going to be the head.. that why they sown in Justice Inyang Okoro(akwa ibom), to show you that Alex Ekwueme knew the truth but was playing games to cheat .. because until we saw the satellite pictures, nobody knew anything about nigeria

we would never give up what is us..
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2013

Later, u tell me the ethnic GRP that loves the other in this country
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by shineeye: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
musiwa112: Kponkwem, you are funny person, is amaechi, uzoh okafor going to be the head.. that why they sown in Justice Inyang Okoro(akwa ibom), to show you that Alex Ekwueme knew the truth but was playing games to cheat .. because until we saw the satellite pictures, nobody knew anything about nigeria

we would never give up what is us..
and what is us? or what belong to us,musiwa you guys should be contend with oil money you are receiving every month which does not belong to you,niger delta is doing yoruba a big favor by allowing their oil to be exploited by the people that fight them political and marginalize them in all aspect.Niger delta have to swallow a hard pill just to let peace reign
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by shineeye: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Be careful what you wish yourself by calling your life short,. Gumi, whose father once said that a christian would only rule this country over his dead body he dropped dead a few months later and a christian became Head of State.
Not that igbo cares about presidency,what come out from ur mouth can be your down fall..
Re: The People Of The Southsouth Must Give A Lot Of Thanks TO Alex Ekwueme by atlwireles: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Is A Devil! Drake. / Impeachment:i'm Ready To Go,but Nigs Must Know The Truth-enugu Dep Gov / Hilarious! Nigerians In South Africa Demands To Be Elected Into Parliament. Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.