Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts (5424 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Alex Ekwueme, Says "I Will Obey Him" / Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by XCASH(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Former Vice president, Chief Alex Ekwueme is under ‘hot Scrutiny’ over his recent remarks and preditons concerning president Goodluck Jonathan and his election bid.

Punch reports that the South-East leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party and the South-East Governors’ Forum have come for the former Vice President, disagreeing with him on his recent prediction that President Goodluck Jonathan might not get a block vote in the South east geopolitical come zone February 14.

Goodluck Jonathan who got massive support and vote in 2011 has been said to have taken the zone for granted this time around according to Ekwueme, hence his negative remarks that GEJ might risk all the his vote from the zone to another presidential candidate who has plans for the zone.

Ekwueme, who is one of the founding fathers of the PDP, also made it known in a recent interview that president Jonathan did not fufil his 2011 promises to the zone, he has also aggravated the situation by taking the South East zone for granted despite the massive support showed to him last election.

However reacting to Ekwueme’s remarks in Umuahia, the National Vice Chairman of the PDP, Col. Austin Akobundu ( retd.) said that the former Vice President’s “prediction was incorrect and did not reflect the realities on the ground.” He further said that come what may, the South-East will always remain a very strong support base of Jonathan, assuring the President that the zone would still give him 100 per cent support as was the case in 2011.

“I have serious respect for Chief Ekwueme but he should realise that the PDP is dynamic and he should not expect the party to still be what he saw in 1998. The South-East is totally behind Jonathan and nothing can change this. Anybody making any prediction to the contrary is out of touch with the realities on ground.The South-East is better off with the PDP than any other party,” Akobundu said.

Akobundu further suggested that the former Vice President must have spoken out of anger connected to the outcome of the primaries. He made it known that the PDP in the zone had set up a reconciliation panel to reconcile all aggrieved members, explaining that post-primary crisis exists in all political parties

Meanwhile, the South-East Governor’s Forum said the zone would not relent in its support for Jonathan.The Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Abia State, Chief Theodore Orji, said anybody predicting failure for Jonathan in the zone must be on his own “because the people are united in their support for the President.”

Orji speaking through his Special Adviser on Political Matters, Chief Abraham Ama, said, “It is unfortunate that Ekwueme has lost touch with the realities of the moment.” The governor however noted that Ekwueme “is a man highly respected among Ndigbo” nonetheless, his predictions about the fortunes of the President in the forthcoming presidential election did not reflect the mind of the people.

He made it known that president Jonathan has the full support of the south East zone because the zone cannot afford to vote any other candidate.

“The APC here sounds like Boko Haram, and you cannot see any well-meaning Igbo son in theAPC. Rochas Okorocha knows he has missed the way, and Ogbonnaya Onu cannot even win in his ward. So, no other party is recognised here.”

It would be recalled that just few days ago, the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress was honored massively during his campaign in Aba, Abia state, with the title of Ogbuagu1 (The Lion Killer) of Aba by Enyi of Aba.

READ MORE AT: http://toocoded.com/forum/showtopic.php?id=44
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by ajoskele(m): 7:41am On Jan 12, 2015
That retired colonel wey dey talk dia dey fall my hand. Ekwueme wey una talk sey e dey part of pipu wey launch una party na im u dey yab like that?

Olorun jor oh!!
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by Adextaiwo48(m): 7:41am On Jan 12, 2015
#facts... Let em know that it is SAIBUHARI
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2015
Ok.
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2015
Tell them!! otueke awaits his return....
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by teemanbastos(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2015
PDP just love falsehood and deceits.
Gej, i pity yhu, dis people are deceiving you.
Ekwueme spoke the truth o.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by Crocz(m): 7:51am On Jan 12, 2015
Sorry I had to say this but Igbos are one funny set of people always choosing the lost course, fighting battles that can never be won...they are always skeptical, thinking other ethnic majority is at war with them and aligning with minority president who dubiously claim to be one of them will give them respite. You'd wonder what exactly has it profit them for his 6yrs tenure. And when there is a change in government come May, they'd all be screaming ontop of their lungs that they've been sidelined and ill-treated. Most of them would even say "this is what Ojukwu saw, he knew this was gonna happen"...*smiled sacarstically*

My words for Ndigbos "get your a*s out their, compete vigorously against the Ethnic majority (hell!, even Ijaws are doing it, a minority), stop being cowards who seems not to get his voice out among his peers!...and let bygones be bygones, cos Nigeria is past Biafra already!!
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by meccuno: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2015
Crocz:
Sorry I had to say this but Igbos are one funny set of people always choosing the lost course, fighting battles that can never be won...they are always skeptical, thinking other ethnic majority is at war with them and aligning with minority president who dubiously claim to be one of them will give them respite. You'd wonder what exactly has it profit them for his 6yrs tenure. And when there is a change in government come May, they'd all be screaming ontop of their lungs that they've been sidelined and ill-treated. Most of them would even say "this is what Ojukwu saw, he knew this was gonna happen"...*smiled sacarstically*

My words for Ndigbos "get your a*s out their, compete vigorously against the Ethnic majority (hell!, even Ijaws are doing it, a minority), stop being cowards who seems not to get his voice out among his peers!...and let bygones be bygones, cos Nigeria is past Biafra already!!
stop being disrespectful and unwise.....its funny you talk about competition.....I hate it when someone or a tribe would act holier than thou and start preaching rubbish about what problems the igbos have when they haven't finished with the problems in their own tribe..... How do you know that GEJ is a lost cause? You sit back in your room and type things you do not understand just because you have the ability to do so....what I tell my political SW friends is that you don't understand Nigeria by watching africa magic and reading newspapers.....you need to take your self out of your region and experience people who are not your necessarily your tribe so that you have an understanding why different tribes act the way they do........I guess you are obviously not living in reality....

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by adaybayor(m): 9:00am On Jan 12, 2015
this is no news, we know you are for the highest bidder
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by Crocz(m): 9:01am On Jan 12, 2015
meccuno:
stop being disrespectful and unwise.....its funny you talk about competition.....I hate it when someone or a tribe would act holier than thou and start preaching rubbish about what problems the igbos have when they haven't finished with the problems in their own tribe..... How do you know that GEJ is a lost cause? You sit back in your room and type things you do not understand just because you have the ability to do so....what I tell my political SW friends is that you don't understand Nigeria by watching africa magic and reading newspapers.....you need to take your self out of your region and experience people who are not your necessarily your tribe so that you have an understanding why different tribes act the way they do........I guess you are obviously not living in reality....
I know the truth is hard to take in but I've been to almost every corner of this country and I've lived among the Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis (plain ones) and others like Ijaw, Nupe. So I do know what I'm saying.

And nobody is trying to make any tribe superior here, see what I'm talking about?...scepticism, a very bad trait of Igbos!

Did I mention hubris too?...yeah, that too

Now, I sit in my "room" and type not only because I have the ability to do so but cos I had a message to pass across...deal with that!
Re: Alex Ekwueme Reveals Why Jonathan Might Not Win The Election, PDP Reacts by TreasuredGlory: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Apc Killed The Debate On Channels T.v Ur Views Pls / Sad Photos: Father Cradles, Kisses His Dead 3yr Old Killed In Israeli Airstrike / Pictures Of My President's Convoy Back To Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.