Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? (3363 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? / How Long Did You Wait For His Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by dad007(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Annie2gud: Nice one.happenned to me too.my traditional marriage is this dec.my husband just came,asked me,annie are you ready to marry,i said yes.i hav done my court marriage in naija..and next month is the trado stuff.God bless ur home.
AMEN....I WISH YOU A WONDERFUL MARRIAGE LIFE,BLESS WITH WONDERFUL CHILDREN.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
@Efe n Eagle....keep the thread alive...i love the arguments...lolz(Annie)
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Geometrix:
@eagle.eye,
this ur analogy quite explains my present predicament.am really tired of the dating game and the lady i've been meeting,i always let them know of my intentions at first.Infact the present one finks i have a skeleton in my cupboard and is really taking her time which i understand.but my problem is that she still expect me to be spending on her which i actually did at first because i believe in giving once there is a legitimate reason.i have stopped, one to give her ample time to decide what she actually wants and to knw whether she was really into me because of the giving.for now i dont how long am gonna wait but thanks for the insight.
Bro,
Please you need to drastically cut on the spending. Don't give her the impression that you are Desperate. (Though the shallow ones will likely see you as being desperate.)
A lady who sees you for who you are will not want to rip you off.
All the best.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Geometrix(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
@eagle,eye thanks
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by breathless(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
@ OP. A guy proposes early in a relationship, you're suspicious and uncomfortable. I'm sure you've in relationships in the past where you expected the guy to propose and nothing came. The same mum asking you to slow down will be the one pressuring tomorrow if this guy and other ones comes and goes same way. Instead of slowing the guy and the process down, why not set parameters and test him to know if he's suitable. Prayer is important as much as determining what kind of marriage you want. Have you done genotype, fertility and other forms of tests? Have investigated his family and their history? Try know as much as you can instead of worrying more about his early proposal. Wishing you the best of luck. Cheers.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Oh well you're right

I gave up two proposals cos of this rush rush thing. I was so scared

But I've found out that once guys are done with sampling the various babes they can get. Once they are done playing the field, they want to rush into marriage. At all costs
The last guy I rejected got married 3 weeks ago. smiley
So OP don't send him away or run away cos of that.
But use the opportunity to find out all u can about him
Meet all his family that u can. The more the better. Engage him in subtle debates.
The way he reasons and talks will expose a lot about him.
Before long,u can find out what he is like.
eagle,eye:

Sometimes, a guy gets to that stage where he just wants to get it over with. At that particular point and time, he just wants to settle down and move on with life.
But I have observed from experience, that women get scared of this type of guys...... thinking they have skeletons in the cupboard (some do have).
NB
I think the Op should encourage him, and at the same time tell him to date/court her for sometime, to enable them learn each other. If the guys intentions are noble, he will be very happy with this answer.
She may regret it, if she outrightly rejects him and another accepts him shortly after that.
In my case, I have dated a lot of women and found that physically it is the same thing 'down there'. But if you matured and patient, you can equally handle all women character wise.
So it got to the point, where I will first hint marriage before I start dating/courting properly. But women, will then see you as being desperate....LoL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relationship / My Fear Of Delivery / Man Blasts His Parents After Finding Out He Has A Twin 21 Years After Birth.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.